PDA

View Full Version : Dante's Inferno

shaolinsword
12-11-2009, 03:02 AM
Based on the poem of the same name, It follows Dante as he go through the 9 inner circles of hell punishing or absolving anything that gets in his way of saving his wife. It's clear to see where they got the influence from though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKZHAmhY_tw

Available on XBL and EU PSN next week, available on US PSN now

kurupt_kw
12-11-2009, 09:55 AM
This looks real good.

THE MASON
12-11-2009, 10:22 AM
God of War/Devil May Cry rip off

shaolinsword
12-12-2009, 03:43 AM
This looks real good.

It plays well as well, the graphics on the cutscenes are pretty good too

To the point it's shameless, that's not a bad thing though

Tage
12-12-2009, 08:38 AM
edit: nevermind... i thought this was a psn title.

enquids09
12-21-2009, 04:55 AM
I thought that Dantes Inferno was based off the book.
Well, Im not sure how accurately the game even got it, but I, for one, have not had the chance to read it.

Maybe I should look into that...

Rame
12-26-2009, 04:34 PM

True. I'm not a fan of those games.

The cutscenes look incredible.

TAURO
12-26-2009, 08:24 PM
The demo is available on psn. After playing it i've come to the conclusion that it definately rips off God of War big time but saying that this game is a lot more disturbing.

Graphics
Absolutely brilliant, they really went out of their way to make this one sick looking game. The cut scenes are really well made too. Some of the gore in this game is a little stomach churning, much more so than God of War.

Story
The premise is set up really well for a game but I wonder how they will be able to expand on the quite basic story throughout the entire game.

Playability
They definately studied God of War when it comes to the controls because it handles almost entirely the same. One issue I have and I hope it's sorted out in time for the games release is the evade manuvere which you do by pulling on the left stick quickly in the direction you want to go, the problem is that because you use the same stick to move around generally you find yourself doing sharp dashes unintentionally and it can get really annoying when your trying to fight, especially around boss fights. I hope this problem is fixed because I can see it being the one thing that can ruin this otherwise promising game.

RagnaroK
12-26-2009, 08:27 PM
to me it also have influence from Castlevania the way he was shooting holy crosses around and some of its undead enemies either way is worth a buy

"You Cannot Cheat Death"