PDA

View Full Version : Lisa Lisa And Cult Jam's I Wonder If I Take You Home song

CharlesJones
12-12-2009, 11:22 AM
This is the only song i like by them LOL. It's a nice uptempo jam. I think 80's r&b group Full Force sings background on this. I know Full Force did some production for them. Lisa Lisa is hot.

oDoUoSoKo
12-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Freestyle in general is boss

CharlesJones
12-12-2009, 12:24 PM
What are you talking about?

KLIION JENSEN
12-13-2009, 04:11 AM
did'nt Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam do that song "Skip To My Loop" (i think its called that) with the sample from Slam by Onyx ?? now that shit was heavy....

oDoUoSoKo
12-13-2009, 09:56 AM
What are you talking about?
lmao..the style of music lisa lisa was doin...read a fuckin book, R. Kelly.

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 12:52 PM
I read more books than your bitch ass. I still don't get what your talking about. What does Freestyle in general is boss have to do with the style of music she did? What the fuck is Freestyle in general is boss? LOL. Kliion Jensen, i don't know about that song because i've never heard it. I told you I Wonder If I Take You Home is the only song i like by her LOL.

LORD NOSE
12-13-2009, 01:12 PM
CJ -

Lisa Lisa is Hip Hop - Boriquas back home at the time of Lisa Lisa were rockin a style of Hip Hop called Freestyle - which is uptempo synth dance music - Yes Full Force Produced and Presented her -

but i tell you...them pink cookies stood out more than the song and the beat

P5m8lj5DCtI

oDoUoSoKo
12-13-2009, 01:22 PM
how them books taste cj? and i wouldnt call it hip hop btw.

LORD NOSE
12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
and i wouldnt call it hip hop btw.

i would - Lisa Lisa got spins at park jams - we spun on our backs to this - it got played back to back with the show and all the other Hip Hop jams back then - there was no different types of Hip Hop back then - full force was also considered Hip Hop - the joint that Chaka Khan did with Mel is considered Hip Hop

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 01:28 PM
LOL@Dusk. LOL@Sunny Winters saying her pink cookies is better than the song and the beat hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I remember when LL Cool J came out with Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag Getting Crushed By Buildings song and i didn't know what he was talking about but i figured the song had something to do with women since that's what he was talking about. It was funny how he was mentioning a lot of rappers on the song. So pink cookies is slang for pussy huh? LOL.

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Chaka Khan's I Feel For You song is the jam. That's her best song LOL. Most of her solo songs suck because she sings too many love songs LOL. She has a few songs i like that she did with Rufus. Chaka was cute and hot back in the day. She picked up way too much weight.

LORD NOSE
12-13-2009, 01:30 PM
LOL@Dusk. LOL@Sunny Winters saying her pink cookies is better than the song and the beat hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I remember when LL Cool J came out with Pink Cookies In A Plastic Bag Getting Crushed By Buildings song and i didn't know what he was talking about but i figured the song had something to do with women since that's what he was talking about. It was funny how he was mentioning a lot of rappers on the song. So pink cookies is slang for pussy huh? LOL.

yo - back then, that shirt was a big deal - lol

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 01:32 PM
You talking about the dress Lisa Lisa is wearing in the video? LOL. I didn't know she had a video for I Wonder If I Take You Home. Thanks for posting it.

LORD NOSE
12-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Boriquas back home at the time of Lisa Lisa were rockin a style of Hip Hop called Freestyle - which is uptempo synth dance music -

there was no different types of Hip Hop back then -

i contradicted myself here - there were different styles and stuff - but not as exclusive and detached from each other as it is today

You talking about the dress Lisa Lisa is wearing in the video? LOL. I didn't know she had a video for I Wonder If I Take You Home. Thanks for posting it.

word - she was what we would call "A Fly Girl"

fatboybrandon
12-28-2009, 06:33 PM
That Lisa Lisa song always reminds me of Cherrelle's I Didn't Mean To Turn You On for some odd reason, everytime I think of it the other song pops in my head! I love that song though, and Lisa Lisa is one beauty of a latina

Chaka Khan's I Feel For You song is the jam. That's her best song LOL. Most of her solo songs suck because she sings too many love songs LOL.

Hmm, what about her love songs don't you like, I remember a slew of female vocalists of the 80's singin love song after love song, and many of them were great! Evelyn, Whitney, Vesta, Stacy, Cheryl, Cherrelle etc..

I like some of her slower love songs as well as the high energy uptempo jams like Feel For You. I was bumping the 1984 extended version on my way home on the train last night, you know the version with the guy rapping fast over the drum solo before she starts singing? That's one song I remember from my childhood vividly.

I've got another song that I think competes with "Feel For You" Charles, how about "This Is My Night"? That's another high energy one where she pulls off a great vocal performance over a good track. I also like Ain't Nobody, Move Me No Mountain and So Naughty off her Naughty album.

vswyosOVKHA

LORD NOSE
12-28-2009, 07:31 PM
....you know the version with the guy rapping fast over the drum solo before she starts singing?

Melle Mel

ZigZag
12-28-2009, 08:47 PM
cj -

lisa lisa is hip hop - boriquas back home at the time of lisa lisa were rockin a style of hip hop called freestyle - which is uptempo synth dance music - yes full force produced and presented her -

but i tell you...them pink cookies stood out more than the song and the beat

p5m8lj5dcti

my mom was big on lisa lisa

yea ricans love freestyle the ones in that grew up in that era...

fatboybrandon
12-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Melle Mel

Oh, dat was Melle kickin them funky lyrics on on the intro of Feel For You? I should have known, my dumb mistake..

now s'cuze me while I turn on The Message, then go stick my whole dome in the toilet and flush, Jim Carrey Ace Ventura style..

mSibJc8aLGY

LORD NOSE
12-28-2009, 09:33 PM
my mom was big on lisa lisa

yea ricans love freestyle the ones in that grew up in that era...

lol - remember wehvo belts ?

Oh, dat was Melle kickin them funky lyrics on on the intro of Feel For You? I should have known, my dumb mistake..

now s'cuze me while I turn on The Message, then go stick my whole dome in the toilet and flush, Jim Carrey Ace Ventura style..

sallgood yo

KaramelSundae
01-02-2010, 03:45 PM
i love this song charles!

one day i was bumping it on the way home
and this cop had just stopped someone at a four way stop
and he looks at me and motions me to turn down my radio lol
hater