12-12-2009, 03:52 PM
http://teacherofhiphop.blogspot.com/2009/12/top-10-15-albums-of-2009.html

discuss...

Megaherz
12-12-2009, 04:00 PM
cam'ron is on there, this list sucks

12weLvE
12-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Mos Def killed it with the Ecstatic. Thats my top choice.

GSTYLE
12-12-2009, 04:06 PM
a list without Relapse? that album caught a lot of flack because of the anticipation but its actually a good album, much better than 50s

YungSunny
12-12-2009, 05:02 PM
cam'ron is on there, this list sucks

Cam is ill. lol

Gimme a reason why he would suck.

RAW-TASTE
12-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Cam is ill. lol

Gimme a reason why he would suck.

yea...i liked 'crime pays' by cam this year, shit bangs

RADIOACTIVE MAN
12-12-2009, 06:11 PM
to me http://rapidshare.com/files/290607916/GRAVEYARD_SHIFTER_-_RECORD_HIGH_2009.rar
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6dYQ9g_1ifA/Ss7xs1ms18I/AAAAAAAAAXY/FlHNnwSKdtU/s1600/graveyardshifterrecordh.png

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-12-2009, 07:42 PM
no Mr. Lif, no POS ------- really, wtf? Ghost's album and Chamber Music weren't better than POS' album, no fucking way

at least Mos Def is there.

ALCATRAZ
12-12-2009, 10:40 PM
as we reach the end of 2009 it is clear that we have just finished arguably the greatest year in hip hop this decade, if not in the entire history of hip hop.

lolol

Thworldisyours
12-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion and I agree with some of this list (Slaughterhouse, Rae, Fashawn, etc.) but the Fabolous album???

Besides Lullaby, that album was as forgettable as you can get...

Crime Pays was alright but I dont think I played it more than a week after it dropped (Get It In Ohio is one of my favorite tracks of the year tho...)

Till The Casket Drops??? Ehhhhhhhh, I dont know... Honestly that album kinda bored me...

Funny... Chemical Warfare and Another Heist is better than most of his list... (Add Street Hop to that as well...)

And I know I didnt like Relapse because I'm sick of Eminem's ''closet rap''... Sorry Marshall but I dont want to hear songs about your uncle molesting you... Pass... We know you had shitty childhood, we know your life is so fucked up with drugs, we know you're a mess... Who the fuck cares... That shit stopped being interesting two albums ago...

I really hope dude just goes back to spitting crazy shit over dope beats for R2... And if he gets Just Blaze, Alchemist, and Primo on that, all of his previous wack shit is forgiven...

ricky
12-13-2009, 01:26 AM
anyone else laugh at this.
The menacing beat and the lyrical slaughterhouse of verses left no doubt that the Wu-Tang was just as strong in 2009 as they were in 1995.

BIG D O
12-13-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm not droppin my list til' the 25th.....any blogger that's rushin it this quick is trippin'....

check in on the 25th kiddies

claaa7
12-13-2009, 06:12 AM
no Mr. Lif, no POS ------- really, wtf? Ghost's album and Chamber Music weren't better than POS' album, no fucking way

at least Mos Def is there.

come on now, there's a very small minority listening to those artists so you can't expect them to pop up on every other list..

yonatan15
12-13-2009, 06:26 AM
mines
Only Built 4 Cuban Linx… Pt. II
Chemical Warfare
Montezuma's Revenge
Tha Blaqprint
The Salvation
Born & Raised
BlaQKout
The Ecstatic
Boy Meets World
Oasis
Jay Stay Paid
Attention Deficit
Relapse
Street Hop

dope year..

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-14-2009, 12:22 PM
come on now, there's a very small minority listening to those artists so you can't expect them to pop up on every other list..

it's a possibility that POS' album sold more than Uey's album and Chamber Music.

don't know about [former] DefJux artists, they have a bigger fanbase every year.

and just because some albums are more known, that doesn't mean they deserve to be in the top10 this year. both Cunninlynguists mixtapes were far better than most albums listed there.

plus again, there are like at least ten better and overlooked hiphop albums, let me show you one

ruAD2EKAP2c

-6fIJyo3Xs0
^^^^^^anybody heard the sublime diss in this track? ingenius!!!!!!

claaa7
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
^ yeah man, i'm not dissing your choices and you're making good points. what i'm saying is that it can't be expected to see those type of artists on alot of top-10 lists or whatever when so much more people listen to Cam'ron or Fabolous or whatever. personally i very rarely get myself to put on an album i downloaded, i just prefer to listen to the LP's i copped which might be limiting but the experience is better imo.

it should also be noted that my list has very little resembelance to the list in the first post.

ALCATRAZ
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
lol wera just won't give up ... i admire your drive, but claaa7 is right ... you are taking it like we are dissing your favorite rappers ... when it ain't even like that -- nigga u need 2 realize that the people that listen to the music you do ARE A SUPER SMALL INSIGNIFICANT MINORITY ... just sayin

AM_
12-14-2009, 07:28 PM
UGK 4 Life is cleaaaaaaaaaaaaaarly the album of the year. Only thing close was Raewkon.