PDA

View Full Version : KRS-One - "The Kristyle"

claaa7
12-12-2009, 05:21 PM
do anybody got the real "The Kristyle" album by KRS-One?
i got the version ("Kristyles") that Koch Records put out in 2003 without KRS's permision, apparantly replacing alot of the tracks and putting on some shit that wasn't supposed to have been there. That album is a fucking banger though, KRS's finest moment in the 2000's imo, very ironic. Anyway i found the tracklist for the real "The Kristyle" album, so if anyone got this please hook me up!

tracklist + info @ discogs.com (http://www.discogs.com/release/1112995)

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 01:36 PM
When you say the real Kristyles, are you talking about the bootleg? If that's what you're talking about, i got that one. The retail album has a couple of songs that aren't on the bootleg. He wanted Jam Master Jay tribute on the retail album but it's on the bootleg. It's funny to me how rappers get upset with their record labels for being shiesty but KRS hasn't made a good album since Kristyles LOL. He was mad at Koch records for not putting out the songs he wanted on Kristyles but KRS needs to realize that it doesn't matter what label your with if the music isn't any good. I still haven't heard his latest collabo album with Buckshot but i'll check it out. I hope it doesn't suck.

SL33
12-13-2009, 03:21 PM
that album wasn't special, no disrespect. it features a song with tekitha which is recorded @ 36 chambers.

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 03:26 PM
I disagree. Kristyles album is good.

claaa7
12-13-2009, 03:29 PM
yeah "Kristyles" is one of the few really good KRS-One album in this millenium, he got tight beats from Da Beatminerz, Ghetto Pro's and Choco for that album. CharlesJones, check out the link in my first post - it's a totally different tracklist than the Koch release. i knew KRS spoke about self-releasing the full album but didn't think he ever did, but it seems i was wrong.

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 03:37 PM
The tracklist you posted that Koch records didn't release is the copy i have. That's the bootleg version that KRS wanted to release. Keep Movin song is tight. When i first got the cd from my friend, i didn't know what the names of the songs were but i remember liking song #15 but i didn't know what the song title is. Thanks for showing the tracklisting Claaa7. I got the retail album also which doesn't have a couple of songs that the bootleg has like Keep Movin and Jam Master Jay tribute.

claaa7
12-13-2009, 03:53 PM
^ yeah but the version that Koch release also includes some tracks that is not included on the tracklist i posted such as the Beatminerz produced 'The Movement' - one of my favorite songs on the album ... which version do you think is the better CJ?

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Bootleg version is better. Styles P's Time Is Money bootleg is better than the retail album and so is Kurupt's Against The Grain bootleg is better than the retail album LOL.

P-Noid Brown
12-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Can the bootleg be uploaded?

CharlesJones
12-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Claaa7 might be able to help you out with that.

LORD NOSE
12-26-2009, 01:18 PM
I still haven't heard his latest collabo album with Buckshot but i'll check it out. I hope it doesn't suck.

what ?!?

you missin out

CharlesJones
12-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah i still haven't heard him and Buckshot's album yet but i will hear it eventually. There's several new albums i wanna hear that i haven't heard yet like M.O.P., Raekwon, Method Man and Redman collabo album, Tash of The Alkaholics, Rakim, Capone, Prodigy, Mobb Deep's The Safe Is Cracked, Large Professor, Pete Rock.

LORD NOSE
12-26-2009, 03:10 PM
why not get a home computer yo ?

P-Noid Brown
12-27-2009, 11:31 AM
anyword?

Stuwped
12-27-2009, 09:58 PM
I only got Kristyles. It's a great album imo...