PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Rappers Have To Pay R&B Singers To Sample Their Music?

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 12:42 PM
R&B male singers be acting like women bitching about rappers sampling their music and not paying them for it. Most r&b singers don't even listen to rap LOL. So what do they care that their music is getting sampled? I remember Too Short saying on In The Trunk song on Shorty The Pimp album that he loves James Brown but he doesn't understand why rappers sample his music and don't pay the man. What they gotta pay him for? James should've had some damn money before he died LOL. I don't believe he was broke when he died. George Clinton even tried to file a lawsuit against Tommy Boy records when De La Soul was with the label because they sampled Funkadelic's Not Just Knee Deep song on Me Myself And I song. I don't know if he filed the lawsuit but i remember a employee with Tommy Boy talked him out of it by giving him some money. The r&b singers that get their music sampled by rappers outta be glad that rappers are showing them love by sampling their music. They don't have to pay them to show them love for using the sample LOL.

Art Vandelay
12-13-2009, 01:40 PM

you're an idiot. why don't you create something, have somebody steal it from you without paying and see how you feel about it?

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Why don't you get my dick out your mouth? LOL. I wouldn't care if i was a r&b singer and rappers wanted to sample my music without paying me.

Afficial_Nastee
12-13-2009, 02:31 PM
You say rnb singers , but the ones you mentioned aren't really rnb singers , they're Soul and Funk icons (James Brown , George Clinton ) ....

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Well funk music is in the same category as r&b music.

11th Chamber
12-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I cant believe how over CJ's head this whole thing is.

Altho its always bugged me that Aretha Franklin made Kanye edit the 'School Spirit' track on the album cause of the swearing

Afficial_Nastee
12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Well funk music is in the same category as r&b music.

Hell no , that bitchmade rnb ain't the same as Funk , rnb is for stupid bitches with bad taste in music , Funk is for everybody....

Sorry but I just can't stand RnB , I think it's a disgrace for Blacks that it has ever been created....

Frank Sobotka
12-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Is this a joke?

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Hey Afficial Nastee, don't be dissing r&b because all of it isn't bad. Yeah a lot of it sucks because of the love songs but some love songs are good. I don't give a fuck that some of ya'll got a problem with my opinion because i think that rappers shouldn't have to pay r&b singers for sampling their music. Rappers shouldn't have to pay them. Fuck that shit. Like i said, most r&b singers don't even listen to rap. So why do they care that their music is getting sampled? They just wanna get paid because a lot of them are probably broke because they didn't save their money LOL. Blacks are the worst when it comes to saving money because so many of us come from poverty and being poor. So when we get a lot of money, we buy a bunch of expensive stuff because we've never had nice things. That's exactly why you hear about so many black entertainers filing for bankruptcy and being broke because they're terrible dealing with money. There's no way some black entertainers should be broke.

The Jacksons situation is a perfect example of what i'm talking about and so many other black entertainers like them. Michael's brothers i heard not too long ago are working bullshit jobs and a couple of them are living with their parents. How could that be when they were the most popular r&b music group ever? They made so much money back in the day. There's no way they should be living like they're living now. Today is the first episode of their new reality show that's coming on tonight at 9pm on A&E channel. Nobody wants to see them on a reality show without Michael LOL. Plus they're talking about doing a tour and a new album. Are they serious? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Who's gonna see them perform? Who's gonna buy their new album? LOL. They need to chill and enjoy retirement.

YungSunny
12-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Hell no , that bitchmade rnb ain't the same as Funk , rnb is for stupid bitches with bad taste in music , Funk is for everybody....

Sorry but I just can't stand RnB , I think it's a disgrace for Blacks that it has ever been created....

What the hell?
Stop talking man, seriously. Nothing against you, I just don't want you to look worse to the world.

SL33
12-13-2009, 02:53 PM
copyright laws/artists being greedy are important factors of todays hip hop.

sample based music is in deep shit, but ofc, each artists has a right to defend his/her intelectal work.

Frank Sobotka
12-13-2009, 02:55 PM
We all know rappers would do the same.

Art Vandelay
12-13-2009, 02:56 PM
CJ, would you mind if i took samples of all of your wu-corp posts, made it into a book, added my own twist to it, and sold it for millions of dollars without giving you any money?

SL33
12-13-2009, 03:02 PM
but sometimes copright infrigment laws are very agressive: sometimes a hip hop producer/record company/rapper needs to pay 100.000's of dollars for distorted/slowed down/speeded up 3 second sample which is sometimes impossible to associate with original song. that's greed.

Afficial_Nastee
12-13-2009, 03:04 PM
What the hell?
Stop talking man, seriously. Nothing against you, I just don't want you to look worse to the world.

RnB is the wackest music genre created ever.... I mean if you're a Black person could you be proud of some soft pussy muthafucka in tight clothes (sometimes even pink) singing about love in a sissy way?

Rnb is for bitches and soft muthafuckas.... I wanna hear Hardcore stuff!

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 03:09 PM
No Art Vandelay i wouldn't care LOL. LOL@Afficial Nastee hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your right. A lot of r&b music is wack and soft. It's made for the black women because black men singers feel that if they sing love songs to them, they can get some pussy LOL. The shit works too because at their concerts, a lot of black women be hollering and screaming at them hahahahahahahahaha. Black men singers love that shit LOL. Some r&b male singers do wear gay clothes LOL. SL33, your right that some r&b singers are greedy for money and that's why they want rappers to pay them for sampling their stuff. I've heard a few r&b songs that have been sampled by rappers and the sample is speeded up so the r&b artist won't be able to tell if it's their song LOL. That's a good trick by rappers so that way they won't have to pay for the sample LOL.

CharlesJones
12-13-2009, 03:10 PM
I think heavy metal rock, country, jazz, classical music should've never been created LOL.

JASPER
12-13-2009, 03:19 PM
It would be great if copyrights only lasted somewhere between 10 and 20 years. That's enough time for artists (read labels) to get their money.

And basically gives sampling artists a lot of freedom to create new music.

SL33
12-13-2009, 03:22 PM
^^^ globally, copyrights last between 50-70 years, after that time, all music, books, movies and other pieces of intellectual works are becoming free goods.

Frank Sobotka
12-13-2009, 03:23 PM
I think heavy metal rock, country, jazz, classical music should've never been created LOL.
IF they weren't and everybody listened to hiphop you'd probally be listening to some other shitty genre to be different.

claaa7
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
^ hip-hop would sound mad fucking different if jazz was never was invented.. LOL at someone who's a big fan of Gang Starr and A Tribe Called Quest's old music hating on jazz music haha.

yakuzas_krew
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
copyright laws/artists being greedy are important factors of todays hip hop.

sample based music is in deep shit, but ofc, each artists has a right to defend his/her intelectal work.

End of discussion ^O^

KLIION JENSEN
12-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Charles Jones you the dumbest nigga i ever knew about.....my apologies for the use of the n word, but god damn.....

dude, if u create something from scratch, no matter what it may be, and somebody uses your creation without paying for it, or even telling you about it for that matter, YOU ARE gonna be pissed....all that time & effort put into creating something and you dont even get acknowledged for it.....its the same sort of thing as biting rhymes...which back in the day was beatdown worthy (at minimum....)

besides, not only ethically is it wrong, but legally its wrong, because if you release music, film or anything really, you get that shit copyrighted or patented, which basically makes sure that you get paid out the arse when some cunt fucks you over ethically..

KLIION JENSEN
12-13-2009, 05:00 PM
It would be great if copyrights only lasted somewhere between 10 and 20 years. That's enough time for artists (read labels) to get their money.

And basically gives sampling artists a lot of freedom to create new music.

i think, not 100% sure, but i think its 50 years and the copyrights run out....

also, some artists will allow you to sample their music for free IF THEY (the sampled artist) LIKED WHAT YOU DID WITH THE SAMPLE, or liked what you said over their music, and what you say over their music alot of the time is what makes them decide whether the sample gets cleared, so sampling isnt always about money......Curtis Mayfield was one of them guys to let you get it for free IF he liked what you did with it...

Frank Sobotka
12-13-2009, 05:23 PM
also, some artists will allow you to sample their music for free IF THEY (the sampled artist) LIKED WHAT YOU DID WITH THE SAMPLE, or liked what you said over their music, and what you say over their music alot of the time is what makes them decide whether the sample gets cleared, so sampling isnt always about money......Curtis Mayfield was one of them guys to let you get it for free IF he liked what you did with it...
Yes, this happens allot I believe.
Also the reason some songs are censored.

I might just have made this up but I think that if an artist is still making music he will allow the sample if he'll be credited as a featured artist or only allow it if he gets a verse as well.
And just use the song that sampled you as 'promotion' for your upcomming project.

ALCATRAZ
12-13-2009, 05:45 PM
it has more to do with the crackers that own the singers rights rather than the singers themselves ... trust, the majority or at least a good amount of artists wouldn't mind hearing their voice on another superstar's record, but behind every successful artist there's an even more successful cracker signing their check LOL

Suga Duga
12-13-2009, 05:49 PM
classic CJ here

KLIION JENSEN
12-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I might just have made this up but I think that if an artist is still making music he will allow the sample if he'll be credited as a featured artist or only allow it if he gets a verse as well.
And just use the song that sampled you as 'promotion' for your upcomming project.

not sure about that one, but i know that if you make a cd and only sell a couple of thousand copies, its gonna cost them way more to come find you and sue you than the amount they'd actually get from you....

it has more to do with the crackers that own the singers rights rather than the singers themselves ... trust, the majority or at least a good amount of artists wouldn't mind hearing their voice on another superstar's record, but behind every successful artist there's an even more successful cracker signing their check LOL

oh yeah, truth beyond any doubt, but higher up than them crackers...is a couple of Jews that get paid off EVERY record that comes out no matter who it is...

something i found interesting was about a UK hip hop group from the early 90s called US3, they had a big hit called Cantaloop, basically they made a demo purely from old jazz records, the majority of which were from the Blue Note label, anyway, they took this demo to a small jazz label in England and were called in for a meeting.....the people that interviewed them basically said to US3 "we can either sue the shit out of you or work with you, as our label is owned by Blue Note, we feel it would be in our best interest NOT to sue you, but to give you a record deal, in which you will be contracted to ONLY sample from records owned by the Blue Note label" granted, these guys were no ATCQ or Gang Starr, but thats a fucking lucky deal they got there...

Nick Fury
12-13-2009, 06:50 PM
alot of Jews are crackers

YungSunny
12-13-2009, 07:15 PM
RnB is the wackest music genre created ever.... I mean if you're a Black person could you be proud of some soft pussy muthafucka in tight clothes (sometimes even pink) singing about love in a sissy way?

Rnb is for bitches and soft muthafuckas.... I wanna hear Hardcore stuff!

I am black, but what does that have to do with it? Don't answer that.

I could nit pick your whole post and argue with every ignorant point you made, but lord knows that would take too much time. So I'll let this video talk to you.

c3sYAs19cWY
If you don't feel this, I'm ignoring all of your posts.

KLIION JENSEN
12-13-2009, 07:21 PM
alot of Jews are crackers

they are, but they're not really, they look it, but theres something just not right about the whole Jew=Cracker idea, i dont buy it...lol...

and that Silk joint is heavy, some of that old r'n'b, hip hop soul, is heavy, Mary J Blige, H Town, R Kelly's 12 Play album, Aaliyah, old TLC etc that shit was dope, but Chris Brown, Neyo etc all suck major dicks...

Nick Fury
12-13-2009, 07:30 PM
so rythm and blues is wack ? smh

ALCATRAZ
12-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I could nit pick your whole post and argue with every ignorant point you made, but lord knows that would take too much time.

i believe afficial is a white man from south africa, so don't be surprised

KBOS
12-13-2009, 11:48 PM
Seeing CharlesJones and Afficial Nastee argue was like watching 2 retards poke eachother with sticks.

smh niggas

Nick Fury
12-14-2009, 03:56 AM
so rythm and blues is wack ? smh

Frank Sobotka
12-14-2009, 09:49 AM
not sure about that one, but i know that if you make a cd and only sell a couple of thousand copies, its gonna cost them way more to come find you and sue you than the amount they'd actually get from you....
Why I said I'm probally just makign this up lol.

But it would be a great idea for marketing.

Prolifical ENG
12-14-2009, 01:57 PM
CJ, would you mind if i took samples of all of your wu-corp posts, made it into a book, added my own twist to it, and sold it for millions of dollars without giving you any money?

I already have them. Just need to thread the needle. I will delete the posts after since they are now property of WTC.

CharlesJones
12-26-2009, 11:31 AM
LOL@what Alcatraz said about it's the crackers who control how much money the artists get from having their music sampled by rappers hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's true. Kliion Jensen, i disagree with you. Like i said if i was a r&b singer, i wouldn't care if rappers wanted to sample my music and not pay me. How come i never hear jazz and rock artists bitching about rappers sampling their music and not paying them?