PDA

View Full Version : tarver v jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prince Rai
09-27-2005, 01:17 PM
OCTOBER

1: Las Vegas, Roy Jones Jr v Antonio Tarver

its about time to bring this up officially...

oh man what can i say.. two greats back in the ring, and considering the history between these two.. this fight cannot be missed.

personally i think jones could possibly hack it.. i mean if he was really not good enough to fight the longer active tarver.. then why would jones have chosen tarver to fight again.. especially after that long break???
and last time they met.. we all know who won and by what means.. its risky for jones.. but i think he's confident and still has that jones aura that should help him beat tarver..

i have a feeling tarver would want to atke jones to later rounds cos jones has been long inactive.. therefore i assume jones would want to knock tarver out in middle rounds... as a payback and as a safe option!

peace drop thoughts

baby jesus
09-27-2005, 02:54 PM
I Hope Jones Wins But I'm Thinkin Tarver Will Take It He Should Have One The First One Too. I Think Boxing Past Roy Jones By It's A Shame To See All The Guys I Grew Up Rooting For Have Fallen From The Top Hard Holyfield,Tyson,Jones. But I Guess Eventually Everyone Has To Lose It.

Sergio
09-27-2005, 05:38 PM
Vintage Jones will be present! And Vintage Roy will put on the performance of a life time. ( voice of Chappel) Dam, Jones Good! I wish that is the Jones that appears Saturday

PHI.1.618
09-27-2005, 08:10 PM
I would love to see Roy back on top BUT, it's all about the styles meng....

Prince Rai
09-28-2005, 11:04 AM
yes styles will be so important here definitely... i guess they know each other inside out now, considering their fights are on replay 24/7 in their cribs...

still saying jones gon do it tho hmm hope so he would add more excitement to boxing if he stayed for longer...

imagine him fighting bhop again, which is possible if he wins

Sergio
09-28-2005, 11:20 PM
Vintage Roy will be present, I refuse to believe he will let his lagacy of 12 years of pound for pound the best go!, I hope it is that Roy! Tarver is so much better then the Tarver that fought Roy 2 years ago. God bless THose fighter, I love boxing!

benzo
09-29-2005, 09:02 AM
Hell yes. I guess ya'll have seen the recent pics of RJJ? Dude is ripped up and supposed to be in the best shape of his life. That's good, though, cause the chip that Tarver still has on his shoulder for Roy is a motherfucker. People talk about Taylor not getting his props, what about Antonio? Where's the respect for the dude who manhandled Roy violently? I'm ready for a new(er) face in boxing, the "RJJ Ego Era" is over. Been wrong before, though........Peace Ya'll.

Prince Rai
09-29-2005, 10:10 AM
well both fighters regardless of the past, are def ready for war and i am happy.. i dnt want to see some boring matchup of two greats nahmean?

THA G3NIUS 36
09-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Tarver is gonna knock roy again......roy's career is all but over after this fight and he loses look to him to fade away in the background to never been seen from again

dooboy
09-29-2005, 03:35 PM
i hope he comes back with the same hunger he did when he had the rematch with griifin

benzo
09-29-2005, 04:01 PM
this fight will not go the distance. i'll pick a Tarver KO not just cause i believe he's the better man, but because Roy is gonna be too impatient/pissed to fight a disciplined fight. and you better believe he won't be stickin out that chin all "rooster style" again! if Tarver slips up, it's goodnight for him. too many emotions to go 12 rounds...i love this shit!!!!!!

the8stricker
09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
^

I do not think Jones will lose. I surely do not think Jones will be impatient either. Jones should come out into the fight confiedent, and collective. Possessing these qualities should grant him the victory. Jones is too hungry and has studied Tarver for a great amount of time now, nevertheless Jones for the belts!

benzo
09-30-2005, 11:14 AM
you could be very right. i want to see what kinda difference having his dad back in training with him is going to do for his fight plan. we might see a completely different style this time. alot of dudes seem to be changing their own styles up recentley, too.

Prince Rai
09-30-2005, 11:49 AM
yap i agree.. jones knows he gotta change his style slightly so that he doesnt stay predictable..

he should be mature and also be in a better position to calculate all his moves..

but hey.. thats what i hope rjj's situation is like.. now hope dat becomes reality!!!

not long 2 go

Prince Rai
10-01-2005, 02:30 AM
My predictions:

Tarver by KO: 40%

RJJ by KO: 35%

Tarver by decision: 10%

RJJ by decision: 15%

Draw: 5%

Personally, I'm more of a Tarver fan just cus he seems more of a modest guy who doesn't have his head in the clouds, wheras I always had a grudge for RJJ just cus he was one cocky mu'fucka, but just cus I didn't like his personality doesn't mean I don't respect him cus he could atleast back his words up in the ring and, after all, thats where it all matters. Kinda feel the same way about Pretty Boy Floyd Mayweather.
yep i understand that.. specially when roy got down twice before leaving for that break...

as for mayweather..lol though he chats a lot.. he backs it up then 2! and i appreciate that he still called gatti a good fighter at the end.. sorta ironic but yeh!

Prince Rai
10-01-2005, 05:27 AM
lol peace kris

first up.. London UK bro haha!

and well im cool with gatti.. not my fav boxer just sayn dat mayweather said dat he was a good fighter at the end.. not me.. cos gatti got whupped as u just said!!

peace kris

dooboy
10-01-2005, 02:26 PM
HELP!!!!!

is the tarver-jones fight on any channel in the UK cos i can't find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

RynMur
10-01-2005, 11:41 PM
You know the scorecards, I didn't get to see it cuz of work.

RynMur
10-02-2005, 12:24 AM
damn so Jones wasn't even in it huh...well i think jones needs to retire to keep his rep.

Prince Rai
10-02-2005, 04:47 AM
well kris u were right bout who gon win man!

ah its 2 bad 4 jones seriously! i wish now he had fought some other fighters first to get back into the world of boxing in a more active way, instead of going in directly with the hardest opponent for him,tarver..

well done tarver definitely.. and i hope jones does retire cos he doesnt seem able to fight big fights any longer.. sad truth but the right truth

Prince Rai
10-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Tarver - Jones 3: Post fight quotes

Roy Jones: ďI was hard to go out like I would have being knocked out twice the last couple of times. Iím a true champion. Iíve been at the top. Being the champion that I am, it was good. I was satisfied with my performance, but I do realize that I lost the fight. Iím not the kind of fighter, like Johnson that can brawl. And thatís the way you have to fight to beat Tarver. Tarver would have given me all I could handle in my best days as a light heavyweight.

Iíll be back. I got hurt once and I think that was the turning point of the fight. He hit me with a good shot. But I kept coming. Canít nobody else beat me but Tarver.

Why? Because God blessed me with a true talent.

Tarver: The three fights we had made us a lot of money. You made more than me but Iím not mad. We can do it again.

I had to do my homework. I had to go to school and I passed with flying colors. If I would have made a mistake, he would have punished me. GIVE ME CREDIT..

Roy had a lot of resistance. Roy was sharp tonight. Yaíll thought I was gunna be one- punch happyóbut I passed my test. I did my homework. Youíre playiní chess all-around. Itís a chess game. One mistake and Iím checkmate.

Give a man credit where credit is due. He was beat by a better fighter. Period. I am one of the best fighters in the world. GIVE ME MY CREDIT. The guy had resilience.

Nothingís for granted. I wasnít assured of victory till they raised my hand. I just did the best I could. I feel I beat Roy a lot better, a lot worse than the first time.

(to Roy) You got more money than meÖbut I ainít mad at you.

Prince Rai
10-02-2005, 02:08 PM
yap i sorta agree.. i mean what does jones wanna do in boxing if he admits he cant beat tarver??

it suggests he just wants the money... he should do justice to the sport..

lets se what happens

Prince Rai
10-02-2005, 02:53 PM
yehh i mean glen should be a sensible opponent for jones to show he still has something left.. i mean i wouldnt be interested if he fought randomz...

but he knows glen can do better than roy when fightin tarver.. does that suggets glen already has matured more than roy?? hmm dont know

but i wish jones makes healthy steps

benzo
10-03-2005, 11:32 AM
well RJJ said he'd have to brawl like Johnson to beat Traver, and that he wasn't a brawler like Johnson. so... seems to me that roy ain't got shit on glen OR antonio. roy, lay down and stay down, bitch.

Prince Rai
10-03-2005, 11:37 AM
well RJJ said he'd have to brawl like Johnson to beat Traver, and that he wasn't a brawler like Johnson. so... seems to me that roy ain't got shit on glen OR antonio. roy, lay down and stay down, bitch.
true dats the cause

im disappointed def tho man!

did u watch it?

benzo
10-03-2005, 11:55 AM
sup man. yeah, i wasn't gonna shell out the PPV bucks but i got invited to a party where the fight was on. everybody there was rootin for roy and i'm gettin drunk off some Andre screaming for tarver to knock him the fuck out. good times...
RRJ should actually be embarrased for trying all that mid 90's showboating shit while getting counter-punched ALL night. almost makes me forget about Zahir/Morales.... Peace, man.

Sergio
10-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Roy reminds me of a little hairy cunt. You know, a little twout that is just going through puberty, has that peach fuzz all over it. Fucken punk. He is a disgrace, maybe he should become a balerina like Prodigy. He loves to dance:nonono:

benzo
10-06-2005, 08:17 AM
^^^ holy shit, that's funny! so true....

Prince Rai
10-06-2005, 08:57 AM
haha.. watch how he will try hollywood..

i bet u he gon be on a screen near u very soon with a whole cast of dancers etc lmao
what a fool i gotta say unfortunately

only good thing bout him now will be his "used 2 be good dvd compilation"

peace

PsYkOsUs
10-09-2005, 09:43 PM
yall talkin' all that bullshit, but if he had won, you'd all be singin' his praises... every legend falls, it doesn't discredit who he was in his prime... if you're gonna sit here like a bunch of whiners and shit on Roy, then shit on legends like Ali and Haggler too... yall obviously don't have much love for the sport...

RynMur
10-10-2005, 02:14 AM
I finally got to see the fight on HBO, damn Jones was acting like a bitch. Did he really think he was winning the fight at any time.

Prince Rai
10-10-2005, 06:53 AM
yall talkin' all that bullshit, but if he had won, you'd all be singin' his praises... every legend falls, it doesn't discredit who he was in his prime... if you're gonna sit here like a bunch of whiners and shit on Roy, then shit on legends like Ali and Haggler too... yall obviously don't have much love for the sport...
yeh ok..

Prince Rai
10-10-2005, 07:00 AM
I finally got to see the fight on HBO, damn Jones was acting like a bitch. Did he really think he was winning the fight at any time.
i mean he did alright at times.. but as he said it..

he wasnt what he used to be!

RynMur
10-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Yea, but it looked like he worked harder on his mocking moves then his actual boxing skills. Like the guy said, if he would've fought the whole time he could've won the fight..maybe.

benzo
10-10-2005, 04:50 PM
yall talkin' all that bullshit, but if he had won, you'd all be singin' his praises... every legend falls, it doesn't discredit who he was in his prime... if you're gonna sit here like a bunch of whiners and shit on Roy, then shit on legends like Ali and Haggler too... yall obviously don't have much love for the sport...^...Haggler never dissed the sport by fighting past his prime while talkin like he was still the best. Can't say the same for Ali, though.......
If Roy won I wouldn't be signing any praises because I've ALWAYS thought he was more mouth than fist.