PDA

View Full Version : "Disposable Arts" vs. "Long Hot Summer"?

claaa7
12-13-2009, 04:11 PM
i often see Masta Ace's "final" solo album 'A Long Hot Summer' being mentioned as his ultimate work, and while it's obviously a great LP from an extremely skilled rapper I always felt 'Disposable Arts' was his finest piece of work. from the concept, to the solid production, to every guest apperance and the way the album flow together and of course Ace's "re-invented" flow and delivery. just curious to see which album gets the nod in the hip-hop shop.

BIG D O
12-13-2009, 07:54 PM
A Long Hot Summer easily....

have bumped this album at least 500 times....front to back, back to front....

Disposable Arts is pretty dope too tho....just not quite on the same level....

ALCATRAZ
12-13-2009, 07:59 PM
they were both solid albums, neither were classic i don't care what anyone says ... but i prefer long hot summer ... even though disposable arts is probably a better effort

TAURO
12-13-2009, 08:42 PM
I gotta go with A Long Hot Summer.

BIG D O
12-13-2009, 11:55 PM
they were both solid albums, neither were classic i don't care what anyone says ... but i prefer long hot summer ... even though disposable arts is probably a better effort

A long hot summer is def. a classic album my man....

ALCATRAZ
12-14-2009, 02:07 AM
umm sorry dude, illmatic is a classic album ... all eyez on me is a classic album, only built 4 cuban linx is a classic album, a long hot summer derp derp is not a classic album

abanks47
12-14-2009, 02:33 AM
disposable arts is classic and superior to long hot summer. long hot summer he was more versatile, but to me thats not necessarily a good thing. to me he had some gay songs on there. disposable arts jsut seemed a bit more grimey and he sounded more hungry. also acknowledge was on there which is one of the greatest diss tracks ever

Nick Fury
12-14-2009, 03:55 AM
2 words

brooklyn masala

UncontrolledSubstans
12-14-2009, 09:06 AM
Disposable Arts is much better if you ask me.

lynskey
12-14-2009, 09:35 AM
umm sorry dude, illmatic is a classic album ... all eyez on me is a classic album, only built 4 cuban linx is a classic album, a long hot summer derp derp is not a classic album
Totally agree, I don't understand how either can be called classic.
However they are both top underground albums.

cap
12-14-2009, 10:30 AM
a long hot summer for me, easily!

its in my top 5 off all time.

ALCATRAZ
12-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Totally agree, I don't understand how either can be called classic.

hip hop snobs like to get ahead of themselves ... they assume just because an underground artist constructs a solid, cohesive record, it automatically constitutes a classic album ...

i've been saying for the longest time, people need 2 forget about the word CLASSIC and start using the word SOLID to describe their favorite albums ... all too often people throw the title 'classic' on an album, simply because it's their favorite album .... smh

Decka
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
a long hot summer for me too, altho its close ...

tymoney
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
A Long Hot Summer easily....

have bumped this album at least 500 times....front to back, back to front....

Disposable Arts is pretty dope too tho....just not quite on the same level....

co-sign long hot summer's one of the illest albums of all time

Osi
12-14-2009, 04:26 PM
A Long Hot Summer, more standalone tracks IMO. Both are great, but ALHS is a classic.