12-15-2009, 02:26 PM
DJ Muggs

THE MASON
12-15-2009, 02:28 PM
PDsy2IGiviw

^for this track alone

P-Noid Brown
12-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Muggsssss due to the fact of experience, creativity and bounce....

Stoupe is dope... But just loops, no breaks.... Different sounds etc.. He keeps it basically but i would put stoupe over many more.

angry!
12-15-2009, 02:39 PM
i love what stoupe does, but this shouldnt even really be a discussion!!!!!

you take what dj muggs did in the 90's, add that to the fact hes still active and one of the best from that era to be doing it, not even in close!!!!!!!

grandmasters
legend of the mask and the assassin
pain language

these 3 albums can fuck with stoupes last 3 releases, if you go by by stanard shelf life muggs should be a shell of himself at this point, but hes still advancing his technique and sound!!!!! i suggest you go buy all 3 of these records if you havent heard them, its a real shame they dont get more shine!!!!!

both these guys are incredible though, and i dont give a fuck what any of yall say about that last jedi mind record stoupe did his fuckin thing on that!!!!! he went back to the foundation on that shit, tight loops and banging drums!!!!! hes got a lot steam left!!!!!!

V1LLAIN
12-15-2009, 03:37 PM
^ Well said both producers are masters at what they do. I Would have go with MUGGS just because I grow up to his music and he Influenced alot of cats including Stoupe. DOPE THREAD probly two of my all time favorite producers next to RZA & PRIMO.

Poetic Wun
12-15-2009, 05:02 PM
Stoupe.... just feel his shit more. Both are great tho

GhettoGnom
12-15-2009, 05:17 PM
Muggs, who is by far one of the most underrated producers ever.

Tecknowledgist
12-15-2009, 07:45 PM
Muggsssss due to the fact of experience

agreed.

Stoupe is dope... But just loops, no breaks

what a horribly false statement this is.

theheavens
12-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Stoupe via not being an old geezer. damn you guys are obsessed with old folks

spiggity_ace
12-15-2009, 08:30 PM
^shut the fuck up, dj muggs is better, i always forget to put em in my top 5 when i always consider him the 2nd best producer out of the west, next to dre, muggs on all the hill albums, and his recent vs and soul assassins albumms is intense, stoupe is a master too he would be top 5 for me as well, wut he did on vbd is amazing, and the saviorself beat is amazing

GZAjector
12-15-2009, 08:44 PM
voting for stoupe because he is younger than muggs is the gayest shit ever. that's at least 10 more years of experience on cats like stoupe, who would probably list muggs as an influence.

stoupe is tight, but muggs is legendary.

necro vs. stoupe would be more like it. both are about the same age, so women like theheavens can vote on skills rather than whether or not they have solid bowel movements

theheavens
12-15-2009, 09:55 PM
most of Stoupe's beats work well, while grandpa muggs is more hit and miss

MaskedAvenger
12-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Muggs takes it easily for me.

ALCATRAZ
12-16-2009, 02:20 AM
stoupe is tight, but muggs is legendary.

agreed

abanks47
12-16-2009, 03:45 AM
I give the edge top stoupe because of violent by design. I dont think Muggs ever made an entire album on that level.

Muggs has been in the spotlight longer than stoupe, has made more tracks, and worked with more people. I think stoupe could have done this to the same degree if he wanted, but he's just a selective producer and chose to produce for exclusively with JMT for the first decade of his career. The only other 2 full length albums he did was Rip the Jacker and the Decalogue, both of which had amazing instr; he's also doing a "trip hop" album with some female coming soon.

Aint trynna take away from muggs' shine, hes got mad classics, just not like stoupe does.

zooruka
12-16-2009, 04:21 AM
Stoupe is tight...but so is muggs...I will give muggs the repect in my vote for the poll, but I like stoupe`s production better.

peace be with you !

GhettoGnom
12-16-2009, 04:24 AM
I give the edge top stoupe because of violent by design. I dont think Muggs ever made an entire album on that level.

Muggs has been in the spotlight longer than stoupe, has made more tracks, and worked with more people. I think stoupe could have done this to the same degree if he wanted, but he's just a selective producer and chose to produce for exclusively with JMT for the first decade of his career. The only other 2 full length albums he did was Rip the Jacker and the Decalogue, both of which had amazing instr; he's also doing a "trip hop" album with some female coming soon.

Aint trynna take away from muggs' shine, hes got mad classics, just not like stoupe does.

Muggs got way more classic tracks than Stoupe. The first Cypress albums, the soul assassins releases & his vs. albums have all been dope as fuck, and in addition to all of his outside work..
The Decalogue was weak.
And as for trip hop, Muggs got this classic:
http://soulassassins.com/wp-content/dust-cover.jpg

BRONZBODY
12-16-2009, 07:40 AM
although im not the biggest fan of JMT(vinni paz really) stoupe has a lot of bangers.

but that nigga muggs is on a different plane son.

he has crafted damn near classic albums with cypress hill and the versus series...and lets not forget the bangers he did on the soul assasins albums. i go with muggs. but i also give stoupe his props as well.

his prodution alone makes me able to put up with vinnie paz

Memory Man
12-16-2009, 10:26 AM
muggs all day.

Afficial_Nastee
12-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Stoupe because of Violent By Design , but then again DJ Muggs has got Temples of Boom to match up with and Black Sunday has great production as well , so it's a difficult question about who's better, Muggs or Stoupe , actually I consider it a tie, but I picked Stoupe ....

abanks47
12-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Muggs got way more classic tracks than Stoupe. The first Cypress albums, the soul assassins releases & his vs. albums have all been dope as fuck, and in addition to all of his outside work..
The Decalogue was weak.
And as for trip hop, Muggs got this classic:
I think some of the MCs came whack on Decalogue, but not stoupes board game. He came correct on every track he made on there. also cant forget the original AOTP shit. murders that shit too.

Apocalypse
12-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Temples Of Boom

yonatan15
12-17-2009, 02:51 AM
muggs is top 5 for me..

ALCATRAZ
12-17-2009, 02:59 AM
diggin the poll results ^O^

sickdog
12-17-2009, 08:29 AM
Muggs. he is #1 producer and beatmaker in history of hip-hop to me :D

actualy almost all albums he made are classick.

cypress hill
house of pain
funkdoobiest
soul assassins 1 & 2
dust
and now new albums like "VS" series, all 3 there dope as a fuck, reall hip-hop. next one is going to be with ILL BILL.

and some other random classick shit he did for others...

ALCATRAZ
12-17-2009, 02:38 PM
glad someone finally mentioned funkdoobiest ... some of his most underrated gems are on their projects !!!! fareal

DirtMcgehrk
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
I think you can look at the artists that Muggs works with and tell who's better. He's in high demand by all the right people. I love Stoupe, but he really hasn't expanded beyond the artists that he's been working with for his whole career. Hopefully that'll start to change. I'm looking forward to this new Dutch project he's doing with that female vocalist.