PDA

View Full Version : Ancient Civilizations and their ends

Jet Set
09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
Could somebody help me on sme info about Ancient Civilizations and their ends.

Cause there's this conflict I'm having but I need some more info. Info about the end of Easter Island, caus it is said the just robbed the land blind, thats why they ended.
Same goes for Mesopotamia Babylonia, they irrigated the land so much that it salted and they couldnt use it no more.
Chaco Anasazi, they collopased because the land the used for food went dead by overuse.
Maya
Moche & Tiwanaku, they say it was again the land, but i read somethin about a climate change
Ankor Wat in Camodia, coudlnt find anything about their demise.

oyeah
300 bc in China, something collapsed
Greece at about 0 they collapsed
Roman Empire 5th century, its said they went crazy from all the lead that was in the water that came from the aquaducts and so. too much lead in their water

If you know any theory or something about the above civiliations, thank you.
It's just about the end. SO not how it all came by.

the silencer
09-27-2005, 05:02 PM
check out the book Collapse by Jared Diamond....

itll answer all your questions..

Soul Controller
09-27-2005, 05:14 PM
im not sure about the ones b4 bc.. but after bc them civilsations never ended.. they just channged names,. and continued, and changed names and continued.. check symbolry!

the easter island people.. supposdly used tree's to shift the massive stones all across the island.. so at one point as they was cuttin down the lasttree.. no one thought hey! last tree.. we better not do this.. as we need the wood for boats and such to catch our food..
i wonder what really happened.

in cambodia and off the coast of china.. their are massive buildings under water.. that are repordtly from b4 7000 bc.. im not 100% tho what happened to them peoples... if it was say 10,000 to 14,000 years ago id say it would have been the same thing that ended the Lemurian/mu civilisations(current day malasyia/indonesia/micro nesia etc).. the riseing of the sea waters..

but again.. i doubt that is what really happened ;/

babylon and mesoptamia? lol why doesnt anyone mention the ubiak (sp) civilisation what was in the same place and basically became babylonia and mesopotamia i just think they moved on and changed names.. to hide certian facts..

now egypt. that has me baffled.. how can a civilsation that started with such high technology.. fall away year after year.. looseing their technoogy.. thats some weird shit
same as with the cultures in south america.. they started off with amazing technologises and faded..

none of what i said.. well ok it could be true.. its just me iamgineing..lol

hope the ideas are useful!

x7fifteen4
09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
I know the Anasazi dispersed from Chaco canyon due to a severe drought. It is believed that the descendants of the Anasazi are the Piaute, Hopi and Zuni Indians.

living_undead
09-27-2005, 05:27 PM
now egypt. that has me baffled.. how can a civilsation that started with such high technology.. fall away year after year.. looseing their technoogy.. thats some weird shit
same as with the cultures in south america.. they started off with amazing technologises and faded..
I don't know about Egypt, but the Spanish Conquistedors (sp?) destroyed the South American societies, partly by murdering 'em all but mostly spread of disease.

diggy
03-25-2009, 11:16 PM
the western civilization is following the path of ancient rome

if anyone wants to know how ancient rome fell, look at our society

Jedrek
03-26-2009, 12:46 PM
yea, why?

In 395 Flavius Theodosius divided the empire between his sons. The western part (capital Rome) and the eastern ( capital Constantinopol). in 410 visigotsh and Vandals robbed the country and settled on the western lands.

The last emperor of western side was Romulus Augustus and he was beaten in 476 (and this year is the end of the West) by the germanic leader Odoaker

The reason of following was:

- There wasn't any good leaders and war leaders

- The Administration was weak

-the empire was underdeveloped

-Rome had to many enemies

The eastern side had fallen in 1453 ( they were beaten by the ottoman empire)

diggy
03-26-2009, 02:00 PM
there were many reasons why rome fell

i have this book...

i will get back to this later

Mr. Muhammad
04-07-2009, 03:43 PM
FYI...

The Rise and Fall of Nations...and Belief Systems...
http://reubenmuhammad.blogspot.com/2007/11/rise-and-fall-ofbelief-systems.html

RM

diggy
04-15-2009, 04:17 AM
Could somebody help me on sme info about Ancient Civilizations and their ends.

Roman Empire 5th century, its said they went crazy from all the lead that was in the water that came from the aquaducts and so. too much lead in their water.

Rome fell cause of too much wars and invasions, ridiculously high taxation (because of war), and failing trade (and agriculture).

Urban_Journalz
04-15-2009, 09:57 AM
the western civilization is following the path of ancient rome

if anyone wants to know how ancient rome fell, look at our society

True indeed.

I do a lot of research into the ancient civilizations, especially those of the highest mystery and technology. I believe the reason why Egypt fell is due to the same reason x stated above. They got arrogant in thier knowledge and turned to corruption and tyranny.

About Easter Island, I've read that there, and Hawaii are the only remnants of Lemuria. The Pacific sister of Atlantis. There's a lot of debate as to who rose first, but the Atlanteans were definitely more advanced. Still, it was a case of getting too big for the britches.

TSA
04-15-2009, 10:08 AM
all belief systems and cultures that take on an imperial aspect hemmoriage and root away due to over stretching themselves among other things.

same thing happened to hip hop, maintaining a land empire is and has always been a dumb idea in the long run and as great powers rose they begun to realize it more and more

the spanish empire collapsed cause it was a waste of money and too big
the british empire realized that it wasn't land that was important it was getting ppl to buy your shit and thus focused on that, then collapsed cause it was too big and economically unsound
then americans realized land empires were a waste of time and built cultural commericial empires that didn't require direct invasion but instead heavy influence to get them to buy your shit, this heavy influence has tied it into all the worlds problems and it is predicted to collaspe from this
the chinese are SPECIFIALLY about getting money and are establishing a debt and dependance based empire. No politics, no invasion, no involvment and no care of what happens to any other ppls so long as they give them money.

as time went (expecially after in the ind. rev.) these powers refined the practice of imperialism in successive order. The chinese example is no fat pure beacon now, or so it seems until the baggage of that one fucks them up.

TSA
04-15-2009, 10:16 AM
I was reading about empires not to long ago in the age of imperialism, it was remarkable how much more efficient the british possessions were in comparison to french german and dutch ones and how much more brutal the german and dutch ones were.

the british realized it was about money while the rest of them thought of it as a my dick is bigger then yours ego trip and that's why didn't get anywhere.

even today countries that were british colonies are WAY more successful then their counterparts.

Today in africa the french are still trying to hold on to their possessions with a passion, a historian once wrote that if france looses africa it looses the century.

I also suspect they sabatoge Nigeria because as Nigeria actualizes its position as a power on the continent,expecially in west africa, the French loose, much like how the british were trying to sabatoge German after bismarck cause they realized Germany would dominate Europe if unstopped and they would loose footing.

their being the only country that supported the igbo seperatists during the civil war for no reason at all is what set the bell off for me cause the world had decided africa's boarders are to stay as is and all of a sudden they supported biafra.