PDA

View Full Version : BlueSky BlackDeath

SID
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
If you haven't heard them i recommend the album "late nite cinema" one of the finest pieces of electronic music i have ever heard also "a heap of broken images" another amazing piece of music.

Their shit is so balanced, mellow yet epic, fast yet slow, its really something special.

Top 5

1. Lord of our Vice
vIb1EgnUoFg
2. Shoot you dead.
fHY21sG--7Q
3. Days are years
CAHBSTKG79Y
4. Chloroform
rZi1_KsPq3M
5. The era when we sang
PvZS7ikWCqw

djskillz
12-24-2009, 12:53 AM
I wrote some shit to Lord of Our Vice a couple yrs ago. Late Nite Cinema is one of the trippiest shit I've ever listened to.

SID
12-24-2009, 07:49 AM
Late Nite Cinema is something else entirely.

I tried to write some stuff to BSBD beats but i just end up sparking a j and getting captivated by it.

Buzk
12-24-2009, 08:12 AM
I love "Late night cinema" and "a heap of broken images" is reaallly dope, the vids you posted above are some of my favourites from those albums, plus these:

OOMxuvYdRw8

Kd1I_94m5WM

and the "long division" song

Longbongcilvaringz
12-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Days Are Years is heroin.

All their material is though really.

SID
12-24-2009, 10:57 AM

It really really is.

I must have played that track at least 6 times a day during its apex.

11th Chamber
12-24-2009, 01:20 PM

Yea thats my shit. When the vocalist sample hits near the end...shiiit...

ALCATRAZ
12-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Yea thats my shit. When the vocalist sample hits near the end...shiiit...
co sign

i even cut out like half the song so when i play it, it starts at that specific point ... best part of the song imo

abanks47
12-24-2009, 01:44 PM
i haven't really heard a beat from them that i didn't like, nor an album...with the exception of that "trip hop" shit slow burning lights. Holocaust and Hell Razah collabs were sick too. Im hoping they'll do something with KP one day

SID
12-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Yeah slow burning lights is a tricky one.

My friend once called songs from that album rapist choons. hahah

I checked out the singer and its weird she must be good friends with BSBD because her band is not very major at all, two or three bad quality, couple hundred view videos, thats about it.

The Jean Grae Joints they did sound pretty tight aswell

THE W
12-25-2009, 12:49 AM
blue sky black death, the safer cocaine.

murder in broad daylight.

Cilvakingz
12-25-2009, 03:08 AM
those 2 youngsters are THE most promising production team of the last ten years imo

everything they try is pure magic

even when you "just" listen to the intrumental versions of their collabo albums you get taken away to a whole new dimension

"Late night cinema" is classic and the the title is just perfect: it's a magical soundtrack to be played in your car when you just feel like driving around all night .

SID
12-25-2009, 06:43 AM
They really are, i said it since the first time i heard these guys.

To be honest i think their talking hip hop production to the next level.

There pioneering some hot shit right about now.

yJhyzKc8QP8

Fucking love it.....

djskillz
12-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Heroin for God is another dope one. What I like about their music is that it starts off small and minimalistic and by the end of the song it's like 20 different elements joined together to make one gigantic masterpiece. I feel like if you were to take each individual element by itself it wouldn't make sense but when you hear the finished product it's truly amazing.

11th Chamber
12-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Yeah slow burning lights is a tricky one.

My friend once called songs from that album rapist choons. hahah

I checked out the singer and its weird she must be good friends with BSBD because her band is not very major at all, two or three bad quality, couple hundred view videos, thats about it.

I like that album tho.

'Tokyo Underground' and 'Honestly' are wonderful when yer high

I always felt the Tokyo track would potentially be a nice mainstream hit if it some how found a way to radio stations and such

djskillz
12-26-2009, 12:46 AM
Anyone else peep the Maggot Brain sample on one of the songs on Late Nite Cinema?

SID
12-26-2009, 05:34 AM
I like that album tho.

'Tokyo Underground' and 'Honestly' are wonderful when yer high

I always felt the Tokyo track would potentially be a nice mainstream hit if it some how found a way to radio stations and such

Its funny coz those are the two tracks from the album i play the most.

It's a innovative and relaxing album for sure, i think it just gets a bit repetitive with the singers passionate strained vocals.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-26-2009, 10:01 AM
Heroin for God is another dope one. What I like about their music is that it starts off small and minimalistic and by the end of the song it's like 20 different elements joined together to make one gigantic masterpiece. I feel like if you were to take each individual element by itself it wouldn't make sense but when you hear the finished product it's truly amazing.

Definitely.

All of their tracks have that build up to them, different pieces float in and out.

Shoot You Dead is another personal favourite of mine.

David Daniel Davis
01-21-2010, 06:34 PM
All they need is that radio push and they are in.

SID
01-22-2010, 09:14 AM
I think i've been the biggest pusher of BSBD in nw London.

There so good i want them to be big.

I tell everyone about BSBD, their music can be listened to by ANYONE, its digital art, and that's another thing that pisses me off, how underated producers are as artists.

It takes so much more to produce a immaculate piece of electronic music then paint or sculpt or design.

Plus you have to be really intune to be able to flow and hear music like a producer, some are born with the ear, but most aren't.
-S35XhnB0ys
WA84ngVBmdQ

Chloroform has got to be BSBD's masterpiece in my opinion.

rZi1_KsPq3M

11th Chamber
01-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Its bullshit that iv never seen ANY BSBD albums in any music store iv been too

BGS
02-10-2010, 10:38 AM
damn i bought a heap of broken images very cheap about a year ago but have not yet listened to it...i need to listen to that cd tonight

Buzk
02-13-2010, 11:39 AM
^ye, you should definitely take that album for a spin, its great, peace.

Ive been listening ALOT to these songs lately

8QSNSg7UTTw

brPKf-ck2dE

every week i discover stuff from their discography that ive been sleeping on. I love the feeling of just putting on a random song from one of their albums, and halfway through realising that the song is actually pure gold.

SID
02-13-2010, 01:11 PM
Listen child is a wonderful choon.

It's hard to find bad BSBD choons, all the stuff i have heard of theirs is flawless.

Currently bangin out Razahs Ladder

ex_LbsjVphc
uGZPzd0V-Bg
eY28ukxWMuw
GPNk5-t6lH8

fatboybrandon
02-13-2010, 01:37 PM
I discovered BSBD through Hell Razah's Razah's Ladder, their polished sound and unique ideas set them apart from alot of hip hop I was hearing at the time.

For producers who do hip hop that are also trained musicians, I look at them as one of the best in that category, aside from being just dope producers in general. I can tell by things I hear in their hip hop production they are musicians, from the playing ability over the samples to the composing aspects, it's interesting to hear.

I still have to check out their album with Jean Grae, I've heard one of their instrumental albums where their strictly orchestrating and composing like a cinema and it was deep.

SID
02-13-2010, 02:00 PM
The Jean Grae album had some incredibly dope beats, but as far as collabs are concerned The holocaust one was the best.

Amazing epic scale beats that perfectly compliment holocausts style.

If you havent heard Slow Burning Lights i reccomend it, it has grown on me tremendously

http://i50.tinypic.com/2duxjzk.jpg

Undiluted Karma
02-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Listen child is a wonderful choon.

It's hard to find bad BSBD choons, all the stuff i have heard of theirs is flawless.

Currently bangin out Razahs Ladder

ex_LbsjVphc
uGZPzd0V-Bg
eY28ukxWMuw
GPNk5-t6lH8

First beat is fire thanks for reminding me about this album need to re-listen to it.
peace

fatboybrandon
02-17-2010, 12:50 AM
One of my favorites on that Hell Razah album is The Cube, the song with him & Shabazz talkin about the ghetto that also appears on their Red Hook LP.

Buzk
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
anyone know where the voice in the song "dream of dying" is sampled from? u know the guy talking about life and death

Undiluted Karma
02-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Just relistened to the Holo/BSBD collabo dope album cuz the beats were dope.

Buzk
02-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Just relistened to the Holo/BSBD collabo dope album cuz the beats were dope.

ye the production is crazy, I usually just listen to the instrumental version

MWtqQrz3jFc

^sick

Undiluted Karma
02-17-2010, 07:02 PM
ye the production is crazy, I usually just listen to the instrumental version

MWtqQrz3jFc

^sick

Word, ive been thinking all day of just listening to that, instead of the holo version.

SID
02-18-2010, 06:36 AM
No Image, God be with you, Sinister, We are well known and The ocean are all bangaz.

SID
03-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I just pm'ed Young God on myspace, he was feelin my stuff, normal charge for a beat is 1G but hes willing to do a deal.

Just downloaded Lost and unreleased, some serious bangaz

s0nkosi3b-s
e9asiTclD2U
emmz5zlW9xE
q3PBwTSfGpE

ALCATRAZ
03-10-2010, 06:30 PM
how anyone can bump the holocaust bsbd album without holocaust vocals is beyond me...

yQW_Tf0WKKI

EAGLE EYE
03-11-2010, 11:49 PM
how anyone can bump the holocaust bsbd album without holocaust vocals is beyond me...

yQW_Tf0WKKI

Hahhah I can.

There is only one song I think can stomach.

I like Razah's ladder a lot though.

EAGLE EYE
03-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Blue Sky Black Death vs. Pretty Lights-2010 (http://cratescienz.blogspot.com/2010/03/blue-sky-black-death-vs-pretty-lights.html)

Posted by cratescienzmusic | Posted on 8:11 PM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/djseequence/hiphop/BSBD_VS_PL.jpg (http://s81.photobucket.com/albums/j239/djseequence/hiphop/?action=view&current=BSBD_VS_PL.jpg)

www.myspace.com/blueskyblackdeath (http://www.myspace.com/blueskyblackdeath)
www.prettylightsmusic.com (http://www.prettylightsmusic.com/#/home)

01 In
02 Threats
03 Finally Moving
04 Audiobiography
05 Short Cut Detour
06 Days Are Years
07 Evening Sun
08 Lord of Our Vice
09 Maybe Tomorrow
10 Different Hours
11 Make You Feel
12 Listen Child
13 Cold Feeling
14 Forgive Me
15 Pop Quiz
16 Out

Blue_Sky_Black_Death_vs._Pretty_Lights.zip (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?tzbeiowjizz)

SID
03-17-2010, 03:40 AM
Nice one robbie!

Been waiting for this.

I seriously can't wait for MK Ultra and Deadpan Darling, there gonna be hot!

BLACK BART SIMPSON
03-17-2010, 11:46 AM

yQW_Tf0WKKI

co-sign wtf r u guys tlkin abt holo is fuckin dope

MENES
03-17-2010, 11:52 AM
THE IMPACT WILL RIP YOUR SHOULDERS OFF.
there are soldiers from the darkside of the planet who walk.

this album is a fucking JOURNEY, i can understand people would not like tank, but I dont skip a single track on this album. Smoking Room is the track that put me onto HOLOCAUST.

SID
03-17-2010, 12:04 PM
That album is pure flames, i can't deny that, Holocaust and BSBD at their very best.

Mumm Ra
03-17-2010, 06:27 PM
4 tracks through the new album and this is some dope shit

Buzk
03-17-2010, 06:32 PM
Shallah, that "heads will roll" album sounds crazy, can u upload it if you have it?

SID
04-18-2010, 07:40 AM
BSBD's side project Deadpan Darling is dope aswell, trying to cop the san fran compilation

L2ArihuEo9E

only vid i could find

RynMur
04-21-2010, 03:37 PM
i love all their albums, even slow burning lights, they are musically gifted

SID
05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Another BSBD side project...

http://vimeo.com/10944828

Longbongcilvaringz
05-03-2010, 02:25 PM
You know, i never did listen to any of the collab albums BSBD did.

I don't really know why, i guess i was just satisfied listening to Late Night Cinema over and over.

I'll make sure i at least check out that Hell Razah album. Normally i can't stand Holocaust (and i think I Catch Fire would be better as an instrumental), but i should probably check that out too just for the beats.

Brain Cells is probably my favourite track of their with an MC on it.

THE W
05-03-2010, 03:04 PM
chill out uploading full retail albums on here folks..

EAGLE EYE
05-03-2010, 03:30 PM
The Hell Razah album is the shit (minus all the prophetic Black Israelite stuff that becomes redundant)

Longbongcilvaringz
05-03-2010, 03:33 PM
If there is "prophetic Black Israelite stuff" i might just have to download it right now.

SID
05-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah nah, its a fucking heavy album.

I got the normal and instrumental albums for every rapper.

Razahs ladder instrumentals are dope, but holocaust obviously had the best ones..

TrickKnowledge
05-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Only BSBD shit I've ever heard was that Hell Razah colabo and was blown away. Ordered that shit through amazon.

Dr. Simon Hurt
05-11-2010, 06:45 PM
bsbd is great...late night cinema and slow burning lights are probably my favorite albums from them...i actually like razah's ladder the least from a production standpoint.

does anyone have an mp3 of the gza-0% finance remix?

JiwMXlE_JVM

J-DON
05-11-2010, 07:29 PM
download the instrumental version of that holocaust, its great on its own.

SID
05-12-2010, 03:35 AM
bsbd is great...late night cinema and slow burning lights are probably my favorite albums from them...i actually like razah's ladder the least from a production standpoint.

does anyone have an mp3 of the gza-0% finance remix?

JiwMXlE_JVM

A heap of broken images is just as good as late nite cinema, if not better.

I do love slow burning lights, my fav track at the moment with yes alexander has to be heart attack from the "lost and unreleased" compilation
s0nkosi3b-s

And for those who missed the deadpan Darling post, check it out, its a BSBD side project, but it's fucking awesome

L2ArihuEo9E

SID
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Yoooo They came thru with the heat once again......

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z81CAGRA

Their new album - Third Party.

Not as good as their first two, but i dont think anything they make will ever touch those two.

RynMur
09-08-2010, 12:11 PM
^Thanks

Still think they need to make an album with GZA

David Daniel Davis
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
^Thanks

Still think they need to make an album with GZA

While they are at it they can do a Lost and Unreleased II and drop the joints from the apparently cancelled Crooked I/Ill Bill collaboration l.p.

Buzk
09-09-2010, 07:37 PM
thx for the link, didnt know it was out yet. personally id prefer another pure instrumental album like Late Night Cinema

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-09-2010, 07:42 PM
The production on "Third Party" might be the best stuff they've done so far.

TRONIX
09-10-2010, 09:54 AM
And for those who missed the deadpan Darling post, check it out, its a BSBD side project, but it's fucking awesome

Did an album come out or just some tracks?

Third Party is really nice

Undiluted Karma
09-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Did an album come out or just some tracks?

Third Party is really nice

I'm pretty sure the whole album is out, at least leaked

TRONIX
09-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Only can find a couple of tracks but if anyone one has a link to them or an album it will be appreciated

SID
09-11-2010, 08:37 PM
I posted a link on the last page.

This album grows on you.

Amazingly textured soundscapes are masterfully woven as usual, the voice has its place it nothing pheonemonal but the lyrics are thought provoking

WooHa
09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Love all their shit

Third Party is pretty cool

TRONIX
09-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Free mixtape from BSBD

http://official.fm/tracks/show/153961

1. Untitled
A yet-to-be-titled track from our forthcoming and second instrumental album, NOIR.

2. Carl Sagan (Featuring Alexander Chen)
From our new album, Third Party. It features lyrics and vocals by Alexander Chen (Boy In Static). There’s an amazing stop motion video in production for this song, directed by our guy Austin Saya. The video also features seasoned actress Elisha Skorman, who’s done backup vocals for Beck and Nigel Godrich. She’s also been in CSI and The Young and The Restless (fuck, yeah).

3. Untitled
This is another untitled track that we will probably use for NOIR. It’s in its beginning stages as an instrumental, but was originally used on a Third Party song (guess which one).

4. Cynic’s Cough
Another dark Third Party song with Alex Chen. We were hella excited to do some dark tracks with Alex, because his music is typically very bright and upbeat, and we thought his smooth harmonics would be a good contrast with a grimey backdrop.

5. My Work Is Done (Unreleased Version)
This was the preliminary version of “My Work Will Be Done,” off of our first instrumental album, Late Night Cinema. It became something else entirely, but we just recently revisited this version and still like it quite a bit. This was produced back in 2006 when we were living together in the North Bay Area. More recently we used a version of it to remix an AZ track.

6. Slow Years
This is an instrumental track off of Third Party. We usually think of our music in terms of images and colors. The cover explains some of the colors we imagine as the music. But for the image, I think of a space ocean. Yeah, I just made that up. A space ocean.

7. Untitled
This is an instrumental off of NOIR. To me, it is signature BSBD—a mix of soulful ambience, post-rock crescendos, and electro down South rhythms.

8. Call To Arms
A Third Party song we wanted to be the single, but were convinced otherwise. It doesn’t really matter because we never make songs in terms of singles. My favorite bits of this song are the unexpected drum fill sample and the breakdown at the end. I love Alex’s cadence on this song too.

9. Untitled
We started this beat, like, two weeks ago.

10. Threads of Gold
An instrumental from Third Party. When I first started working on this, it started bothering me because It reminded me too much of M.I.A.’s “Paper Planes.” You hear that? The bass, and the guitar. Wasn’t intentional, but now I like singing “Paper Planes” over it in my head.

11. RIP PIMP C (BSBD Blend)
This is a remix made shortly after Pimp C died. This is one of my favorite rap songs so I wanted to take it and make it more of a mourning song. And the singing on this song is some of the best I’ve ever heard in a rap song. The guy should be famous. I love how his voice and melody sounds completely natural amongst the organs and guitars.

EAGLE EYE
09-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Free mixtape from BSBD

http://official.fm/tracks/show/153961

thanks. i shall rep you for this.

SID
01-18-2011, 08:00 PM
3ADvtQRaiEU

Dunno bout this.

EAGLE EYE
01-18-2011, 09:50 PM
^

mehhh

RynMur
01-20-2011, 01:36 PM
They need to get back on their hip hop grind.

SID
03-15-2011, 03:47 AM
B27_uSibAzg

NOIR IS GONNA BE A BANGA!!!!!

SID
03-24-2011, 08:15 AM
http://kevinnottingham.com/2011/03/23/blue-sky-black-death-cover-tracklisting-for-noir-exclusive/#more-55495

Album cover looks beautiful

SID
04-22-2011, 04:12 AM
xFeB9uRtlPw
k17J82To_cU
tlYwzRCtziI

YEEEES!!!

Lex Lugor
04-22-2011, 11:51 AM
Leak is floating around for noir.. As for me, im gonna save the listen...

catx420x
04-23-2011, 03:53 AM
AhjbiEQgB_Q&feature=related

:vroar:

SID
04-23-2011, 05:49 AM
There not even leaks, Younggod and Kingston posted them on their fb profile.

SID
05-03-2011, 04:19 AM
NOIR IS OUT NOW, IF THERE WAS EVER AN ALBUM WORTH BUYING, ITS THIS ONE.

iT'S A MASTERPIECE OF MODERN PRODUCTION.

HIGHLIGHTS FOR ME INCLUDE THE CHOONS

SWORDS FROM DRIFTWOOD

TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH

WHERE DO WE GO

SKY WITH HAND