PDA

View Full Version : black republicans... classic collabo that lived up to the hype!!!!!

angry!
12-19-2009, 12:35 PM
feel free to post some more examples of high profile collabos going down that lived up to the hype!!!! after ether and takeover i dont think anyone thought wed get a chance to hear nas and jigga on the same record, but its exactly what we got when nas dropped hip hop is dead!!!!!!!

nMbXAU43Tn4

classic godfather sample, epic instrumental and intro with jigga trynna brace the listener for whats about to go down!!!! yall can bicker about who came nicer than who, but they both came with their A game and melted the track!!!!! classic hook, top shelf verses, it has everything youd want in a collabo track of this magnitude!!!!!

"im standing on the roof of my building, im feeling
the whirliwind of beef, i inhale it"

nas and jigga both blacked out!!!!! had me stuck when i first heard it, ran it back like 10 times shaking my head!!!!!!

11th Chamber
12-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Yea I remember when that track dropped, shit was bananas

I still think of the Juelz/Lil Wanye spoof when I hear it tho

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2009, 01:10 PM
Always thought the Juelz/Wayne version was much better

WevDIZTxTm4

Thworldisyours
12-19-2009, 01:32 PM
It did live up to the hype... I just felt it happened a year or two too late...

But its probably one of the best tracks of this decade...

Still waiting for the video........................

ALCATRAZ
12-19-2009, 01:43 PM
no need 2 bicker about who came harder than who, we already know who had the better verse

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Im pretty sure when it came out alot of people were dissapointed/underwhelmed

This is the first time ive listened to it since then, it sounds better now. but i always think of that beat as a wayne/juelz beat now lol.

11th Chamber
12-19-2009, 01:51 PM

WevDIZTxTm4

Still wish that Cant Feel My Face album would've dropped. The mixtape shit they did together was good

oDoUoSoKo
12-19-2009, 02:35 PM
smh jay/nas version >>>

angry!
12-19-2009, 02:40 PM

WevDIZTxTm4

really son!?!?!

shit was a cool little mixtape flip, thats about it!!!!!!! juelz and wayne at their peak arent seeing nas and jay at their worst, and they both came with heavy arms!!!!!

if you really feel that way, i cant do much but shake my head nigga!!!!!

and i dont know anyone in the real world that was letdown by this track, when i hear this record i think of young vito running on rooftops in godfather 2 with the parade going on and all the history between nas and jay leading up to recording this!!!!!

"cpl of fat cats cpl of a.i.'s
blowin on purp reflectin on they lives"

nah fuck outta here track was and is big time!!!!!

abanks47
12-19-2009, 02:54 PM
Never really felt Jay came all that sick on here. Also the fact that the song was so fuckin short kinda bugged me and damn near half the song is jay saying "its finally happend son hahaha". Still a sick/historical song though.

feel free to post some more examples of high profile collabos
not exactly high profile at the time but had big names and are classic IMO:

5Emvy4ASYTg
37wSwAJ98Zk
CA7DvbWy7bs

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2009, 03:02 PM
sometimes it aint about lyrics, at the time i was just feelin Juelz's flow and how he kicked it back then. i just felt they styled on this joint. and I wasnt feeling the whole "republican" shit, Juelz killed it "im feelin like a black republican, nah i cant call it, more like a democrat runnin them outta office" - sick sublim at Jigga

ALCATRAZ
12-19-2009, 03:43 PM
nas verse > juelz, wayne, jayz, whoever else spit over that shit ... it aint even up for discussion

angry!
12-19-2009, 03:56 PM
im critical of hov myself but he went all the way in on this shit!!!!

when jay is spitting alongside elite emcee talent he raises his skillset!!!!!!

"Though we rehearsed, it's just ain't the same
When you put in the game at age sixteen
Then you mix things: like cars, jewelry, and miss thing
Jealousy, ego, and pride, and this brings
It all to a head like coin, cha-ching
The root of evil strikes again, this could sting
Now the team got beef between the Post and the Point
This puts the ring in jeopardy - indefinitely"

if you think either weezy or juelz brought anything close to this level of writing/presentation you got suspect ears and taste!!!!!

jay knows how to coast but when hes on a track with a heavyweight he ups his game, time and time again hes shown this!!!!!!

id love to see studio footage of this track getting laid down!!!! jiigga mighta fucked around and pulled out the pen and pad knowing nasir was gonna go apeshit!!!!!!

Meta4
12-19-2009, 04:25 PM
if you dont think cali love was high profile at time u crazy as hell or live on a farm.

ALCATRAZ
12-19-2009, 04:40 PM
^lol word

davedigital360
12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahM6sbEFpEs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ahM6sbEFpEs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This is exactly what I expected from these two

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-19-2009, 05:07 PM
k0ogO7-P-0M

baby jesus
12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Black Republicans Is Classic Shit The Beat Is Fire, Jay And Nas Both Go In On The Track. I've Always Been Amazed That The Song Made So Little Noise I'll Never Get It.

They Played It On The Radio For Like 2 Weeks Then It Just Kind Of Faded Away I Couldnt Believe It Didnt Become Way Bigger And That The Reaction Wasnt As Hyped As Expected.

cap
12-19-2009, 05:34 PM
Black Republicans Is Classic Shit The Beat Is Fire, Jay And Nas Both Go In On The Track. I've Always Been Amazed That The Song Made So Little Noise I'll Never Get It.

They Played It On The Radio For Like 2 Weeks Then It Just Kind Of Faded Away I Couldnt Believe It Didnt Become Way Bigger And That The Reaction Wasnt As Hyped As Expected.

stop worrying about the radio folks, everybody who liked actual hip hop was going crazy when this track came out!!

they couldn't have made it iller imo! godfather sample killed it!! top 10 tracks of the 2000's!

triPAUD
12-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Yeah i played this shit over and over, easily one of the best of the decade...I think success got it just by a bit, though....their collabos are too sick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKsl473auzk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EM5tpkmicU

abanks47
12-19-2009, 05:55 PM
if you dont think cali love was high profile at time u crazy as hell or live on a farm.
I was mainly talking about time to build, calm down fag