PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody here used Combo Fix?

check two
12-20-2009, 05:34 PM
Did anyone use Combo Fix on their computer before?

Poetic Wun
12-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Damn whats up with your comp that u need combofix?

check two
12-21-2009, 12:43 AM
Well my search engines aren't working right. I guess some people call it a google redirect. Besides my anti-virus, I used Malware Bytes Anti Malware and it caught some things and deleted them, and I used other stuff too to help. Though when I use google search, I am still being redirected to the wrong site when I click on a site link. I heard that some people that have the google redirect have a rootkit or a backdoor trojan. So I don't want to compromise the security of my computer.

food for thought
12-22-2009, 01:23 AM
what type of sites do you get redirected to?

check two
12-22-2009, 01:49 AM
Well when I use IE and I click on a link after a search, a site called newserversearch.com was coming up quick in the address bar, and then it would go to a site called one click stop or something. Then more recently in the last few days, instead of directing me to a site, it will say Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage whenever I click on a link after a search. If I refresh the page, it usually takes me to the right site then.

When using Firefox, this message keeps coming up during a search after I click on a link:

Server not found

Firefox can't find the server at newserversearch.com.

Tage
12-27-2009, 09:40 AM
just download AVG free. even the free version of AVG should work a treat.