PDA

View Full Version : Joell vs. Lupe?

Poetic Wun
12-20-2009, 10:15 PM
i know theres alot of haters for these cats but fuck all that...
after listening to the last mixtapes from these 2 they was bangin...

Lupe's National Anthem & Joell's I Go Off... killer!

Lupe got "longevity" compared to Joell but they both real lyrical cats w/o a theme (so to speak) as in they versatile with subject matter.

I think a joint w/ these 2 would be damn sure hot but who you think come iller wit it?

Ima vote later but im leaning toward Lupe...
lets all try and ignore the hate-posts... i know not everyone is a fan and thats fine w/me.

oDoUoSoKo
12-20-2009, 10:44 PM
no question, you dont gotta ASK..eloels.

Frank Sobotka
12-21-2009, 07:12 AM
Yawaah!

cap
12-21-2009, 08:17 AM
Joell. lupe tries too hard to be complex... didnt he have a song where he is a hamburger? fuck that!!

oDoUoSoKo
12-21-2009, 08:28 AM
people try to think he tries to hard...most of the time cuz they are stupid and dont understand simple metaphors.

P-Noid Brown
12-21-2009, 08:54 AM
joell will digest lupe are you stupid?!

cap
12-21-2009, 08:57 AM
people try to think he tries to hard...most of the time cuz they are stupid and dont understand simple metaphors.

this has nothung to do with being stupid. this has to do with me being 21 years old and not giving a fuck if this 4 eyed muthafucka thinks he's a cheeseburger... go tell somebody else that bullshit.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2009, 09:02 AM
lupe tries too hard to be complex... didnt he have a song where he is a hamburger? fuck that!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH !!!!! this says it all

But I would still pick Lupe because Joell Ortiz is one of these rappers who is playing the role of the rapper, and trying to hard to be one.

triPAUD
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM
both are dope

joell is more of emcee than 99% of emcees today, he embodies that shit

and dusk is right bout lupe, it really isn't that complicated. at the same time, sometimes it is a bit much.

i'd go with lupe right now cause he's a bit nicer lyrically, but i also feel both emcees haven't reached their full potential yet.

TrickKnowledge
12-21-2009, 02:54 PM
"Dumb It Down" is one of the best songs ever writen. Ortiz is ill but hasn't really moved me like that.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-21-2009, 02:58 PM
People complain about lyricism being a lost art, but then can't get past superficial shit like the clothes Lupe wears, and appreciate his lyrical prowess.

National Anthem is one of the better tracks of this year, no doubt his next album will be a continuation of his excellent catalog.

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-21-2009, 03:04 PM
I dont think Lupe is a good lyricist because I don't think he has anything interesting to say.

And his voice is weak. And his flow is convoluted.

Longbongcilvaringz
12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
Ha, whatever chief.

I guess it depends upon what interest you.

main_man
12-21-2009, 03:27 PM
rollin with ortiz on this one. both are talented though.

Poetic Wun
12-21-2009, 03:34 PM
Joell. lupe tries too hard to be complex... didnt he have a song where he is a hamburger? fuck that!!
i don't think he tries to hard, i mean being that versatile should say something... to each their own but i like that he dont stick with the standard form and just does weird shit even tho he coulda done that robot rap on a different beat with a not-so-ill hook cause daydream coulda been alot better.
joell will digest lupe are you stupid?!
tho Lupe is in the lead, the poll has been real close.
both are dope

and dusk is right bout lupe, it really isn't that complicated. at the same time, sometimes it is a bit much.
his "too much"ness is what makes me hit rewind sometimes tho.
"Dumb It Down" is one of the best songs ever writen.
c/s
Ha, whatever chief.

I guess it depends upon what interest you.

lol

oDoUoSoKo
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
this has nothung to do with being stupid. this has to do with me being 21 years old and not giving a fuck if this 4 eyed muthafucka thinks he's a cheeseburger... go tell somebody else that bullshit.
the song isnt about him being a cheeseburger...so..if ur 21 and have a hard time understanding his rhymes then wtf r u doin listenin to Nas?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH !!!!! this says it all

But I would still pick Lupe because Joell Ortiz is one of these rappers who is playing the role of the rapper, and trying to hard to be one.
so..now that weve established that cap doesnt kno what hes talkin about...what r u really cosignin?

both are dope

i'd go with lupe right now cause he's a bit nicer lyrically, but i also feel both emcees haven't reached their full potential yet.

People complain about lyricism being a lost art, but then can't get past superficial shit like the clothes Lupe wears, and appreciate his lyrical prowess.

National Anthem is one of the better tracks of this year, no doubt his next album will be a continuation of his excellent catalog.

yup

cap
12-22-2009, 11:35 AM
the song isnt about him being a cheeseburger...so..if ur 21 and have a hard time understanding his rhymes then wtf r u doin listenin to Nas?

did i say cheeseburger? i meant a big mac. excuse me mister hip hop.

oDoUoSoKo
12-22-2009, 12:37 PM
i mean he literally wasnt talking about himself..wasnt trying to be stupid..or insult u.

oDoUoSoKo
12-22-2009, 12:38 PM
btw Joell is ok. not bad.

sdeblasi
12-22-2009, 10:26 PM
Lupe's pretty good his albums are tight, but i couldnt get into the mixtape he dropped on thanksgiving at all...