PDA

View Full Version : Views on "Psychological Illness" - ???

thatKid
12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm schizo.. I've been on medication for at least a few years now.. So I'm naturally interested in what others think of me and others diagnosed.. I can't word my question, so... What's your views, belief, theory, on psychological disorders?

Just can't fall asleep right now.

TSA
12-20-2009, 11:49 PM
i'm trying to learn as much as possible about schizophrenia. I work with the mentally ill at the state insane asylum and i read countless documents on the schizo patients.

idk what causes it but i've noticed it usually takes a cultural context when it comes to dillusions.

i've also noticed a lot of schizo have thier symptoms show up after an event that causes major endorphine rushes like drugs, war, and even a guy that played basketball for 1 day straight with energy levels that remained unusually high with no exhaustion or break.

also, i learned that think like involuntary motor actions like finger tapping, knuckle cracking, and whatever are believed to be linked to schizophrenia.

either way im not an expert but would like to be.

describe your symptoms (if you're not full of shit..)

LHX
12-21-2009, 08:19 AM
when you put too much pressure on things, they break

when the brain is forced to handle f'ed up circumstances repeatedly - it gets damaged

when the brain gets damaged, our perceptions become altered

when our perceptions become altered, our decision-making processes become altered

when our decision-making processes are altered - our 'behaviour' and 'personality' is altered

mental illness is another label

in reality - there is a bunch of brains floating around in a place with a lot of unnecessary* pressure -

*some people suggest that this is all necessary - even the bad shit

Peace

Mr. Muhammad
12-21-2009, 02:50 PM
FYC...

CAERing Solutions
www.caeringsolutions.com

Also, consider the following...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gu7NDUc5TD4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gu7NDUc5TD4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

RM

Ol' Dirty Trixˣ
12-21-2009, 04:57 PM
i've been diagnosed with it. i haven't had it all my life, just when i had drug induced pyschosis that time. at first the docs told me it was acute drug induced psychosis, then she changed it to schizophrenia.

i've been on medication for quite a few years now. i'm not defined by my illness, you wouldn't know i was schizo if i didn't tell you i was.

thatKid
12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
i'm not defined by my illness, you wouldn't know i was schizo if i didn't tell you i was.

that's pretty much like how I am

@ TSA - I get delusional/paranoid.. Like I think people talk about me behind my back when they could be in the next room, even tho I can hear whats going on.. I still think that the person or persons talking about me.. I know its not really there (the audibles) just fucks with my head at the moment.... Pretty sure I'm 'Paranoid Type'.. Can care less about what people on message boards say though

LHX
12-22-2009, 08:59 PM
it seems the only real remedy for these kinds of things is to stay busy -

when you are in the thick of real work, you do not have the mental energy to spare any thoughts toward paranoia-type things

TSA
12-23-2009, 03:37 AM
no, staying busy came make it worst sometimes. and its hard to stay busy when something like that is fucking with you.

for behavioral disorders, phyiscal exertion is actually a remedy, but not schizophrenia. staying busy is like a band aid for a blown off leg.

medication is the best way to deal with it.

Also, Trixx and ThatKid do you have any schizos in your family and when did your symptoms first kick in (trying to describe the events around you when it first started, you age, ect)

zooruka
12-23-2009, 04:37 AM
. I work with the mentally ill at the state insane asylum

tissa do you really work there fo real ???? and if so what is your job ????

:?

peace be with you !

TSA
12-23-2009, 09:23 AM
i do , i just keep them from escaping and killing

WARPATH
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
I know some shizo's around here and they're some mean mother fuckers. One sucker punched my friend for reasons unknown. Another held me up with a rifle back when I was delivering water.

So what I think? Take your medicine.

LHX
12-23-2009, 02:00 PM
im definitely not wanting to sound like a professional on this, because im not -

but all i know that is the more legitimate things we have to be concerned about, the less mental illness exists -

we live in a place where a lot of our concerns and pressures are not legitimate (social structures, social pressures, taboos etc)

if we were all able to evade those things and focus on working the land...

its just a hypothesis, but there would be a lot less to drive you nuts

TSA
12-24-2009, 12:03 AM
you kind of have a point, but a lot of this, most of this, like 97% of this is not a logical or cognitive disorder. most disorders are chemical and or genetic and so society doesn't really matter that much. that and trauma inflicted.

im not an expert either but i recently saw a new diagnosis at my work
"Seasonal Affective Mood Disorder"
which was a general depression accompanied by major or acute anxiety around the holidays
LMAO!
basically the motherfuckers in there not getting presents.

which i think is taking it too far with the diagnosing and proves your point.

LORD NOSE
12-24-2009, 09:51 AM
listen to LHX

and love is the best remedy for it - not medication

but there is more medication than love

face your fears - if you think they are in the next room talking about you, face them with what you thought you heard at the same time keeping calm - keep calm because you are not sure of what you heard -

PALEFORCE
12-24-2009, 02:05 PM
ya

i believe there are only two states of mental health. if your brain is wired to be depressed or any low vibration like that you actually get a chemical rush like a drug addiction by feeding those neuropathways. the same goes for people who feel joy, bliss love etc. this is why its so hard to break these mental patterns. so the best things to do is consciously practice being in a better mental state, making those new neuro pathways, until it becomes an unconscious process like the negative emotions and thoughts are.

Dr. Callahans Tapping techniques are also a very useful tool

TSA
12-24-2009, 05:03 PM
most of the time, if not all, you can't do that. If you've been walking around your whole life talking to a guy you met in middle school called Aaron who calls you, picks you up and takes you places, even fights you, then suddenly at the age of 43 you find out Aaron never existed, how do you cognitively decide to start building new 'neuropathways' to make sure you don't see aaron.

these ppl smell things that aren't there, hear things that aren't there and so forth until they dont know what's there and what isn't and their brain can't physically decipher what's normal or abonormal cause its like right now someone telling you your mom doesn't exist or that your a women when you know damn well you have a dick.

listen to LHX

and love is the best remedy for it - not medication

but there is more medication than love

face your fears - if you think they are in the next room talking about you, face them with what you thought you heard at the same time keeping calm - keep calm because you are not sure of what you heard -
your speaking out of ignorance to the situation.
these ppl aren't just 'doing it' cause they dont know any better
there brains have sicknesses as your body would

telling someone to love away Schizophrenia is like tell someone to love away AIDs or Sickle Cell

ppl with schizophrenia often have family members that have it, so in reality they're hard wired to have it kick it when they're of appropriate age.

there was a guy that was playing basketball, really healthy guy, just playing basketball, nothing wrong in his life, then all of a sudden dude just broke down and starting seeing wild shit.

also, for some schizos the symptoms are so intense that there's not way they can cognitively 'get rid of it'

imagine walking into a room and suddenly hearing every single voice you've ever heard in your entire life at once.

even behavioral disorders. these ppl aren't doing it cause they don't know better, they're doing it cause their brain is wired to be that way either by genetics or sometimes trauma and evironment.

LORD NOSE
12-24-2009, 05:37 PM
i'm trying to learn as much as possible about schizophrenia.

your speaking out of ignorance to the situation.

no i'm not

these ppl aren't just 'doing it' cause they dont know any better
there brains have sicknesses as your body would
telling someone to love away Schizophrenia is like tell someone to love away AIDs or Sickle Cell

i've been studying schizophrenia since 92 - i know what the medications do to you - i have experience on both sides -

ppl with schizophrenia often have family members that have it, so in reality they're hard wired to have it kick it when they're of appropriate age.

there was a guy that was playing basketball, really healthy guy, just playing basketball, nothing wrong in his life, then all of a sudden dude just broke down and starting seeing wild shit.

also, for some schizos the symptoms are so intense that there's not way they can cognitively 'get rid of it'

imagine walking into a room and suddenly hearing every single voice you've ever heard in your entire life at once.

even behavioral disorders. these ppl aren't doing it cause they don't know better, they're doing it cause their brain is wired to be that way either by genetics or sometimes trauma and evironment.

you are exaggerating this - there are levels to this sickness -

love is a better remedy for this than medication -

obviously

diggy
12-24-2009, 10:43 PM
A link between extremely stressful and emotional events and psychosis has been established by researchers looking into a religious revival over 100 years ago.

The team at Bangor University found that the outpouring of religious fervour led to a peak in admissions at the Denbigh Mental Hospital in 1904-05.
Poverty was also rife at the time.

It led them to conclude that personal stress can lead to psychotic episodes, but that sufferers recover and do not go on to suffer chronic mental illness...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/north_west/8427988.stm

diggy
04-26-2012, 10:12 PM
huh!