PDA

View Full Version : if you love hard nosed hip hop, make sure you didnt overlook muggs and planet asias

angry!
12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
pain language!!!! the 3rd installment in the vs series, and one of my favorite albums of 2008!!!! this didnt get enough love!!!!!!!!

firstly, this is planet asias finest hour as an emcee. asia is an emcee out of fresno with massive potential and little direction, and dj muggs provided some direction and asia smashed the record!!!! punch you in the face, snatch your wallet music!!!!! everything from battle tracks to storytelling, good balance!!!

some of the best production end to end of 2008, hard drums, creative arrangments, and muggs expanding on the cinematic quality he delivers on the vs projects!!!!

some cool guest spots with gza blacking out on the close out record, killah preist, b-real, sick jack, they all do their thing!!!!

just do yourself a favor and check it out if you havent, genuine raw shit!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-22-2009, 09:58 AM
alrite thats peace, I was meaning to put that on spin eventually, slilpped off the radar.

i used to be a big fan of p.a since I heard that joint 'Holdin The Crown' on a landspeed records sampler, way back in '00. After I heard that joint I was convinced dude was the Common for the streets, but to be honest, his beats have let him down through his career and I lost interest.

I was hyped for the medicine because I was sure Ev was gonna bring it on the boards, it was solid, but the album lacked something in the end.

But now finally hes with A grade producer like Muggs, i shouldve checked that shit out by now. The game was sleeping on P.a's skills for too long, he didnt get his hook ups like he shouldve earlier in the decade.

angry!
12-22-2009, 10:54 AM
yeah man thats definitely the drawback to asias ealier material, production is all over the place!!!! this is why muggs is more than just a guy that gives you beats, he scuplts a sound around you and leads you in the right direction thematically!!!!!

asia always been a rhyming machine though, nigga brings a ton of energy and values the pen!!!!!! and now that hes done this project, hes defintely a stronger emcee!!!!!!!

after you give it a spin check back in lacey curious to see what you thought about it!!!!

THE W
12-22-2009, 12:04 PM
nothing but raw beats and raw raps. a throwback to the 90s era.

THE MASON
12-22-2009, 12:28 PM
wadedigitals sig is classic!!

but on topic, this albums is dopeness. When it was released it got some attention around here but for the most part slept on heavy. Beats and rhymes are rugged to the core.

i didnt know there was three "vs" albums, i know of grandmasters and pain language, whats the third?

angry!
12-22-2009, 12:37 PM
wadedigitals sig is classic!!

but on topic, this albums is dopeness. When it was released it got some attention around here but for the most part slept on heavy. Beats and rhymes are rugged to the core.

i didnt know there was three "vs" albums, i know of grandmasters and pain language, whats the third?

another album worthy of a write up... it was muggs and sick jacken of psycho realm titled "the legend of the mask and assassin" and it was the most conceptually driven of the vs. albums!!!!! all 3 albums are dope on their own merit, be on the lookout for the new muggs project coming with ill bill.... i cant see that album being anything less than dope!!!!

muggs still goin strong, with no compromise!!! all you upcoming producers, make sure you take care of your business so you can create on your terms, muggs made a killin with investments outside of rap and can afford to create material on his terms!!!!! i salute the mans catalogue, incredible run!!!!

Apocalypse
12-22-2009, 01:17 PM
i used to love muggs, temples of boom is a classic imo, but is track nowdays are really it or miss.

sometimes he makes really cool and dark beats, but other times he goes the really heavy and rocky way, and i hate that.

Peace!

angry!
12-23-2009, 10:47 AM
^^^did you listen to this particular album!?!!? i can tell english is not your first language, but pain language is completely in line with the rest of muggs catalogue!!!! the rock elements have existed in his music since day 1 so its nothing new, give it a listen its a hip hop record straight up and down!!!!!!

nl5UxwXx6uo

YSaCjPGPkyY

MXq7HvK3ME4&feature=related

who the fuck is making music like this these days!?!?! this is the essence right here, if muggs had given these beats to b-real in 96 niggas would be going ape shit!!!! its vintage muggs!!!!!

Apocalypse
12-23-2009, 11:20 AM
you are right angry! those tracks you posted are straight fire.

BIG D O
12-23-2009, 02:07 PM
love the "Vs." series so far man.....

the Gza one was by far the best, but Sick Jacken and PA both brought some very worthy efforts...

next up is Ill Bill and I'm confident that will be nice as fuck....

THE MASON
12-23-2009, 02:45 PM
another album worthy of a write up... it was muggs and sick jacken of psycho realm titled "the legend of the mask and assassin" and it was the most conceptually driven of the vs. albums!!!!! all 3 albums are dope on their own merit, be on the lookout for the new muggs project coming with ill bill.... i cant see that album being anything less than dope!!!!

muggs still goin strong, with no compromise!!! all you upcoming producers, make sure you take care of your business so you can create on your terms, muggs made a killin with investments outside of rap and can afford to create material on his terms!!!!! i salute the mans catalogue, incredible run!!!!

oh word, i remember the title now, i havent checked for it but i assume from your comments its worth a listen.

i agree Muggs catalogue is one of the most consistent out there. He did his thing and no one can deny that

spiggity_ace
12-23-2009, 07:10 PM
yea this album was dope, i went thrugh a phase where i just dls all asias stuff, u cant find that in stores here and i herd he was doin pain language wit muggs and i jumped all over it, the triple threat track is fire as well, dope verse from gza, he had dope guests, mostly wu related but that dude from psycho realm killed it on a track i forget his name rite now hard beats hard rhymes all u can ask for

djskillz
12-24-2009, 12:55 AM
My first bad shrooms experience was to this album. I was in my friends car with my headphones on listening to Death Frees Every Soul and I swear to god, my word, the sky was fuckin red and cloudy man. It was on some Revelations type shit man.

djskillz
12-24-2009, 12:57 AM
yea this album was dope, i went thrugh a phase where i just dls all asias stuff, u cant find that in stores here and i herd he was doin pain language wit muggs and i jumped all over it, the triple threat track is fire as well, dope verse from gza, he had dope guests, mostly wu related but that dude from psycho realm killed it on a track i forget his name rite now hard beats hard rhymes all u can ask for

Sick Jacken?

spiggity_ace
12-24-2009, 03:15 AM
yea their u go^ hes dope i cant belvie i forgot his name

angry!
12-24-2009, 08:28 AM
sick jacken dropped a heater with muggs too, check that out, shit was raw!!!!!!

3kv7xEh4dr4

vicious... vintage muggs with a fully realized planet asia, you cant go wrong hip hop fans!!!!!!

Mic Tyson
12-24-2009, 09:44 AM
yo that pain language mixtape was nice too

YungSunny
12-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Planet Asia? I'll pass on hearing 15 tracks about wack mc's.