4th Disciple

2ou7TUbLLrw

Crackhead Bob
12-22-2009, 01:41 PM
One of my favorites ever.

pmack215
12-22-2009, 02:47 PM
*gulp*
.................i always get killed for this..... i never liked this beat at all, & i was always shocked it was done by 4th & not rza. rhymes & concept are incredible of course, but the beat is TOO soft to me.

Crackhead Bob
12-22-2009, 02:49 PM
The beat symbolizes the desolation after a great war. It IS sadness.

New Hills 36
12-22-2009, 03:41 PM
The beat symbolizes the desolation after a great war. It IS sadness.

Thanks Beautiful - I know what you mean (sort of). This is a heavy, deep song - and symbolises to me a lot of what Wu is about (witty, Unpredicatable etc). Knowledge from Ins and more Knowledge from MK. UG next then we have RZAs verse which still makes me shake my head - the first half profane, then the second half some of his best wisdom (the blue is for the cripps etc). Meth kills it dead to end with (these friendly skies aint for me or mine - and - dont end up like your old dad searching for the glory days he never had). The beat is awesome (I was surprised when I found it wasnt RZA). And the chorus - aint it the truth really?

If someone put a gun to my head and said pick your favourite Wu track - this would probably be it.

DRUNKENARTS
12-22-2009, 06:59 PM
well said new hills totally agree wit u on this, such a hard hitting deap song with knowledge and perfect beat,everyone kills it on this simply amazing song