PDA

View Full Version : The Old School was so simplistic & had such long records....

oldie
12-23-2009, 08:30 PM
Haven't you noticed???
go listen to Run DMC, SugarHill Gang, Furious Five, Funky Four (+1more) etc etc etc

all the old crews - there's sooo many of them!!!
Their rhymes where so simple - simple that if your fav emcee came with those type of rhymes you'd label him wack

plus the records they put out were mad long!!

just a random example i stumbled upon:

1ibjBdIXqUE
nearly 10 minutes long!!!

shit like that isn't seen nowadays at all

whats with it - i know the emcee's over time be tryna rhyme better words n stuff but now it's just on a whole other level, multi's etc

its crazy how its evolved from such simplistic long running stuff to tricky rhyme formats, flows, multi's etc & a hell of a lot shorter songs

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-23-2009, 08:34 PM
thanks genius for figuring that out

let me also add that drugs are bad and that the sky is blue.

cap
12-23-2009, 08:36 PM

lmao

oldie
12-24-2009, 01:35 PM

jesus, you guys are always tryna get at people in here, just let it be for fuck sake.

why dont you write that on every one's threads. thats like sayin 'yeah the wu are ill' - u fuckin dumbass. it's obvious that the old school was simplistic, im tryna talk about the topic but guys like you obv aint into that. go bitch about hip-hop else where

peace

THE MASON
12-24-2009, 02:02 PM
i like how the old school tracks are long.

there are a lot of breaks in there between emcees and you know there we the bboys doin what they do at that point, obviously.

tracks dont carry on like this because they isnt a complete meshing of all the parts of hip hop really anymore. and because technology makes it possible to use more samples then loops they had back then

DR. NICK RIVIERA
12-24-2009, 04:12 PM
wucorp is full of dumb threads nowadays...what do you want, a fucking medal??!?!

do you want like 100 people coming to this thread agreeing with you?

what would that accomplish? it's like there are 5 threads made without any meaning or thought every other hour and it's killing this forum, cuz nobody can say anything constructive.

Frank Sobotka
12-24-2009, 04:14 PM
do you want like 100 people coming to this thread agreeing with you?
Don't you want the same with this post?

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-24-2009, 04:43 PM
This is a good point, its definitely noticiable how many tracks from the 80s are int he 6-10 minute mark, i love it. This goes back though to the fact they were made for parties!

Alot of times the MC's just shut up for a while, then the beat takes over and just vibes out, then they come back in when it feels right.

We lack this elesticity these days in the beats where you could listen for that long.

Hollow Dartz
12-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Alot of times the MC's just shut up for a while, then the beat takes over and just vibes out, then they come back in when it feels right.
Yeah, i've heard this alot on my uncles old shit he still has....

LORD NOSE
12-24-2009, 11:53 PM
uBqIaZs8vRQ

Poetic Wun
12-24-2009, 11:59 PM
it all used to be more fun too... eveybody just illin and makin music.
even the BDP and juice crew beef wasnt on some dumb shit...

i miss all that shit but... cast la vie

MaskedAvenger
12-25-2009, 12:07 AM
The rhymes weren't as good as today because obviously hip hop has advanced, those rhymes were dope for their time, secondly, they might of had a lot of long tracks but their albums had only 10-12 tracks and not 20+ like some records today has.

kingwu
12-25-2009, 02:39 AM
ll cool j is hard is hell

Frank Sobotka
12-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Since mainstream hiphop is getting more club orientated, do you think people will get back to these long tracks?