PDA

View Full Version : Tekken Movie Poster Revealed

TAURO
12-24-2009, 08:54 AM
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=13139

Based on the long running and highly successful Namco video game franchise of the same name, TEKKEN is a high-octane, action packed thriller written for the screen by Alan McElroy (Spawn, The Marine) and to be directed by Dwight Little (Anacondas, Murder at 1600) with fight choreography tentatively by Dion Lam (Spider-Man 2, Doom, Red Cliff)

http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/headlines/temp/temp1965.jpg

Set in 2039, the film promises non-stop high flying action as the greatest fighters from around the world come to compete in the last and greatest sporting event of all time, the Fist Tournament. After World Wars destroy much of civilization as we know it, the remaining territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations the mightiest of which is Tekken. In order to keep the masses down, Tekken sponsors the Iron Fist Tournament in which fighters compete to the death for ultimate glory and receive a lifetime of stardom and wealth.

We are introduced to this violent world through the eyes of Jin Kazama, a street fighter that enters the tournament in order to avenge the death of his mother that he blames upon Tekken's powerful and controlling Chairman, Heihachi Mishima. He knows that the only way to get close enough to Mishima to kill him is to win the tournament. With the help of Lucas, an ageing Iron Fist Champion and fight trainer, Jin makes his way through the tournament, but in doing so, he begins to uncover his own past and inner demons as well as exposing a dark underbelly to Tekken that threatens the very existence of humanity.

With futuristic and imaginative sets, a compelling story, and fight sequences combining fighting styles from all over the world. TEKKEN is in line to become one of the greatest action films of all time.

TAURO
12-24-2009, 10:50 AM
You can see some pics of the characters in the movie if you go here http://www.beyondhollywood.com/more-tekken-movie-images/

Gary Daniels as Bryan Fury
http://www.beyondhollywood.com/uploads/2009/02/tekken-gary-daniels-bryan-fury.jpg

TAURO
12-25-2009, 12:52 AM
This actually looks decent, I know that movies based on games are virtually always shit but given the look of the characters it seems like they've really gone out of their way to be faithful at least.

KZA
12-25-2009, 12:13 PM
lol this movie is going to suck same with the kof movie too

Tage
12-27-2009, 09:43 AM
only Raven looks similar to the game - looks like Ice Cube or someone from the poster. hopefully they have an English actor for Steve Fox. and Bryan needs to be good.

this film will likely fail more than the new street fighter film.

RagnaroK
12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
at least the costumes are like they suppose to be BUT the very film that actually needed a Bruce Lee imitation doesn't have it

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-27-2009, 11:53 AM
This looks like its going straight to video lol.

djskillz
12-27-2009, 01:26 PM
All I read was Director of Anacondas. Written by the guy who wrote The Marine. I don't have high hopes for this film.

Poetic Wun
12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
i hate movies based on fighting games... only one id ever wanna watch would be dead or alive... or maybe rumble roses... that is it!!!

BRONZBODY
12-28-2009, 11:05 AM
yeah this does look better than the KOF movie.....i always been more of a SNK fan than Capcom when it came to fighters.

i think they should have just made a Fatal Fury movie instead. seeing that Fatal Fury 1 is the first King Of Fighters Tournament.

Scott Adkins-Terry Bogard

Gary Daniels- Andy Bogard

Tony Jaa- Joe Higashi

Cung Le- Hwa Jai

Jamie Kennedy- Duck King(jamie is a good breakdancer and Duck is the comedy character)

Leon "Vader" White- Raiden(Heel)/Big Bear(Face)

Mike Tyson- Michael Max(hey, mike kinda needs the money)

Jackie Chan-Tung Fu Rue(make him look old)

John C. Mcginley- Richard Meyer

Jason Statham- Billy Kane

Steven Segal- Geese Howard(Geese is a akido master and so is steven, plus steven hasnt done anything good in 10 years)

yes i know this thread is about tekken but we already know its probably gonna suck......just like tekken 6 does.....

djskillz
12-28-2009, 07:06 PM
^Fuckin a. I remember that game. I had different ones for Sega and for SNES.

Kenny Powers
12-28-2009, 07:34 PM
remember those mortal kombat movies? I could see this being exactly the same, good games but I'd be surprised if this was a good movie

TAURO
12-28-2009, 10:26 PM
^^first mortal kombat movie was pretty decent.

angry!
12-29-2009, 03:08 PM
fighting games are about the fighting, ive never played tekken wanting to know more about the tekken universe!!!!!

these studios are retarded, its why these fighting game movies have so much built in bullshit!!!! there aint shit to sell or tell but some fighting!!!!!!

i never once wanted an explanation for why that nigga king fights with a cheetah head!!!!! some games should stay games!!!!!!!! fuck outta here!!!!!!

BRONZBODY
12-29-2009, 03:11 PM
^^^^lol!!! tell em why u angry nigga!!!!!!!!

SID
01-01-2010, 10:28 AM
They could so easily flop this film, just like street fighter, no hadoukens and shit.

If they make this film on a human standard martial art level i will be pissed.

Tekkens about devil genes, satanic bloodlines, power and punches that will crush a normal mans face to pieces

oDoUoSoKo
01-01-2010, 02:23 PM
its gonna suck.

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-02-2010, 09:41 PM
it will be on a new level of shit

worse than that chung li movie which i wont watch

-The A to the Z-
01-02-2010, 10:08 PM
ive never played tekken wanting to know more about the tekken universe!!!!!

I

er...

do.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-02-2010, 10:11 PM
i never once wanted an explanation for why that nigga king fights with a cheetah head!!!!! some games should stay games!!!!!!!! fuck outta here!!!!!!

HAhah word.