Ironman

Ghostface Killah
Mary J. Blige
Popa Wu

RZA

RaIAeO2IiZ8

beautifulrock
12-25-2009, 05:02 PM
One of the most poignant moments in the clan history, Mary is exquisite, ghost is depressing.

New Hills 36
12-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Absolutely B-Rock. Poignant and exquisite. I love Popa Wu at the end too.

cheers

Beowulf
12-25-2009, 05:14 PM
I played this song for my mom and she cried. Ghost crosses all demographics with this one, and its a definitive moment in his career.

Songs like this are why I think Ghost is the best rapper of all time. So much of rap is posturing and bravado on the mic. You get MC's bragging all day and talking like they are super-heroes. After a while it all starts to sound like bullshit. Ghost is a human being, and he lets you know it with songs like this. Ghost is like James Brown in that he could have easily been a preacher. The soul just oozes out of him.

Even when Ghost is spitting fire rhymes he is still human. When he shoots dudes in the face, he has a nervous breakdown (Walk Around). When he's fucking Missy Elliot, he gets a charley horse and looses balance (Tush). When a gun fight breaks out, he gets shot in the face (Shakey Dog). When he's getting a blowjob and his son pops up, he's scared to death (Gihad). He always gives himself a flaw, a human element in his stories, so when you hear about him laying pipe, you really BELIEVE IT, you know its not some teenage bullshit braggadocio.

5 star classic.

New Hills 36
12-25-2009, 05:16 PM
Man I wish I could rep - coz that deserves it.

All the best

DRUNKENARTS
12-25-2009, 05:33 PM
ye respect to beowulf u naild the review nuff sed