PDA

View Full Version : really out-of-the-loop slang question

Cthulhu
12-26-2009, 03:53 PM
So, does or did at one time "ho" also refer to guys as well? Whenever I learned this term it was always used toward women and that seems to be the case in most modern rap lyrics. But it seems back in the early 90s and late 80s at least it was some times used for men, hence the BDP song "Super-Hoe" and Phyfe Dawg's indignation at being called a "ho" in "Electric Relaxation." I always though "ho" was short for "hooker" though. Enlighten me on this.

5hundred&one
12-26-2009, 03:56 PM
also, does fo shizzle my nizzle have something to do with gardening? I know snoop doggy dogg liked to smoke copious amounts of marijuana at the time and it just made sense to me when I heard it.

can a real african american verify this for me?

thanks

Ghost In The 'Lac
12-26-2009, 03:59 PM
So, does or did at one time "ho" also refer to guys as well? Whenever I learned this term it was always used toward women and that seems to be the case in most modern rap lyrics. But it seems back in the early 90s and late 80s at least it was some times used for men, hence the BDP song "Super-Hoe" and Phyfe Dawg's indignation at being called a "ho" in "Electric Relaxation." I always though "ho" was short for "hooker" though. Enlighten me on this.

http://i47.tinypic.com/23vkcjq.jpg

Cthulhu
12-26-2009, 04:10 PM
Yes, I know I sound like a total dork asking this, but I seriously didn't know. How and when did it become applicable to males?

It's not a matter of asking a "real african american." I'm white, but could have grown up in an urban area where this slang was used more often. However, I was instad born in a quaint suburb and am woefully out-of-touch with the origins and history of much slang. any ethnicity will do for an answer.

cap
12-26-2009, 05:05 PM
all i can say is, i hope you posted this because you have no life and thought this would spice up your living experience...

the alternative explanation is just too horrendous.

Cthulhu
12-26-2009, 05:54 PM
all i can say is, i hope you posted this because you have no life and thought this would spice up your living experience...

the alternative explanation is just too horrendous.
What would be the alternative?

cap
12-26-2009, 06:23 PM
What would be the alternative?

that you were serious when making this thread.

EAGLE EYE
12-26-2009, 06:39 PM

http://thesomewhatambitious.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/salame.jpg