PDA

View Full Version : Did Biggie kill Craig Mack's career?

TheAssassinsCreed
12-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Whats up yall new to the Wu Forum, so with that i propose the following question:

Do you think that Biggie killed Craig Mack's career?

I was just listening to "Flava in ya ear remix" and Biggies verse is crazy, and since Biggies album dropped in Sept 94, and Mack's album dropped either a week before or after cant really remember, but after biggies album dropped Mack was virtually invisible. What do you guys think?

Tonystarks420
12-26-2009, 06:59 PM
could be. or maybe people just didnt wanna look at craig macks ugly grill no more

TheAssassinsCreed
12-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Hahaha yeah he wasnt the prettiest dood but he wasnt that bad of an MC, obviously he wasnt on Biggies level but he wan never really given a fair chance IMHO.

netscape check two
12-26-2009, 07:37 PM
Craig Mack still has a solid career.

ALCATRAZ
12-26-2009, 07:55 PM
craig macks face killed craig macks career everyone knows that

TheAssassinsCreed
12-26-2009, 08:02 PM
"Craig Mack still has a solid career."

That is very true his career has/is pretty decent but i think with the rise of Biggie he was not able to reach full potential as Puffy was always in Bigs back pocket. I kind of wonder if Puff had put that much marketing behind Craig Mack would he be larger than what he is today.

Poetic Wun
12-26-2009, 08:15 PM
lol@crag mack's face

netscape check two
12-26-2009, 08:20 PM
Biggie's looks didn't kill his career?

YungSunny
12-26-2009, 08:27 PM
^No, a bullet did.

Oztradamus
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
^No, a bullet did.

*rimshot*

Polocash7
12-26-2009, 09:20 PM
C.Mack just wasn't able to make hit music @ the time he was on Bad Boy. Sure,he had Flava in Ya Ear but what else? Bad Boy was in its prime at the time. If u didn't have hit singles,u didn't get support of the label

Afficial_Nastee
12-27-2009, 04:09 PM
It was 1994 , 1994 dude!!!! You had Nas , Biggie , Onyx , M.O.P. , Gangstarr , Redman , Wu-Tang Clan , Kool G Rap , Gravediggaz etc. etc. at the time and this was only the Eastcoast ! You simply had to be the illest cuz there was so many great stuff out there and if you were just "good" , it sure wouldn't have been enough. You had to be the best , an ill skilled MC or you had to have an original sounding voice with crazy delivery. Nowadays Craig Mack would have been the best MC but back in the 90's there were other and better MC's....

P-Noid Brown
12-28-2009, 12:23 PM
Craig mack had a career?

fatboybrandon
12-28-2009, 02:14 PM
I think Big was the mark of a newer style to come into hip hop which relied on artists having more to them than ripping the mic. I think his huge success and exposure made it harder for MCs who only had lyrical skills to exist in mainstream, because Big had personality, a strong image and character like the star of a movie, in addition to a high level of skills.

I think Big took what artists like Kane & Cool J had in their image and skills and added onto it, bringing it to a higher level of media popularity. Back in 94, I think the line between underground and mainstream was very fine, so you had to be one or the other heavily to have a career.

So with Craig Mack, he was one artist who might have got caught up in this transition of hip hop all of a sudden going more radio-friendly and relying on an image. He wasn't the only one either, I have a radio interview of O.C. talking about this period, he said the success of Flava in Ya Ear hurt Times Up's buzz.

I guess Biggie was too talented overall, I think the truth of the matter is he just outshined Craig musically.

I've got a video interview with Big and Craig Mack on Yo! MTV Raps from 94, sittin up at Bad Boy Records beside each other, before either of them blew up! Fab 5 Freddy is interviewing them. download here http://www.zshare.net/video/70492492423a7720/

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/5395/puffbigcraigmack.png (http://www.zshare.net/video/70492492423a7720/)
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/631/craigmack.png

BGS
12-28-2009, 03:49 PM
hehe he is an ugly dude lol but flava in ya ear is the shit

Frank Sobotka
12-28-2009, 03:50 PM
I hope somebody stops him from reproducing, what an ugly motherfucker

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 10:53 AM
LOL@ya'll dissing Craig Mack's looks hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Notorious Big wasn't cute either. So what's the difference? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. I don't know why Craig wasn't as successful as Notorious Big because he can rhyme just as good as Notorious Big. His first album is really good but his 2nd album sucked bad. Jockin My Style is the only good song on his 2nd album. He had came back to Bad Boy in 2001 i believe but for whatever reason, he didn't come out with a album. I can't blame him for that because i'm sure it's Puff Daddy's fault that his album was never released. Ya'll know Puff Daddy can be a bitch to work for and that's why The Lox, G-Dep, Black Rob left Bad Boy. Remember he rapped on G-Dep's Special Delivery remix?

Jammin
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
who cares if the nigga's ugly, y'all talking like some faggots

anyway i remember a biggie interview where big dissed craig ..i think i saw it on worldstar

Jammin
01-06-2010, 12:02 PM
yg3br8KeATY

Frank Sobotka
01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
yg3br8KeATY
"I would rap about flowers if it would help me sell 4 mill"
what?

Frank Drebin
01-06-2010, 04:01 PM
didnt craig mack sign to deathrow east after bad boy?

claaa7
01-06-2010, 05:24 PM
"I would rap about flowers if it would help me sell 4 mill"
what?

what not?

Tommy
01-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Ugliness has nothing to do with it rofl, there's plenty of successful ugly as ass rappers out there. I agree with what someone before said about the amount of talent about at the time, and that was just on the east coast, so of course it's gonna' be hard for anyone to succeed. I wouldn't say it was solely Biggie who killed his career, but with him outshining Crack Mack on his own remix, it definitley had an impact.

Frank Sobotka
01-07-2010, 08:56 AM
I wouldn't say it was solely Biggie who killed his career, but with him outshining Crack Mack on his own remix, it definitley had an impact.
It didn't hurt jay when eminem outshined him on renegade

Tommy
01-07-2010, 11:24 AM
It didn't hurt jay when eminem outshined him on renegade

That's why I said it wasn't solely to do with him being outshined. Eminem killing Jay on his own shit may have put a dent in Jay's career and respectability, but he recovered from it and got back on the road to glory.

Polocash7
01-08-2010, 05:57 AM
That's why I said it wasn't solely to do with him being outshined. Eminem killing Jay on his own shit may have put a dent in Jay's career and respectability, but he recovered from it and got back on the road to glory.c/s but Jay was already a star by then. Plus Jay's verses wasn't bad. Actually,they were good. Em was just that much better on that track.

C.Mack was just another rapper tryin' to come up @ that point