PDA

View Full Version : Music and the Listener

Nasty Nash
12-28-2009, 01:13 AM
In many music forums, youtube vid comments, real life, and on this forum, we see people's many different views on music.
Do people listen to music because others do, they think it's cool, it's good music, out of respect for the artist, or what? Do we like certain songs or beat productions because of how it relates to it? How does a certain beat appeal to you?
For example, a lot of people praise RZA's production on 8 Diagrams, but some abhor it.
For me, I look for musicality and how well it can fit the song's theme. I appreciate more of the musicality because I play an instrument.

YungSunny
12-28-2009, 04:57 AM
What the fuck are you talking about.

Poetic Wun
12-28-2009, 03:59 PM
^shake my head...

as for the thread starter,
it seems like some around here listen to what others listen to so they won't be called out.
it's been discussed here before.
i listen to what ever grabs me and the beat would probably be the first thing that catches my attention.

Stuwped
12-28-2009, 04:00 PM
i listen to what ever grabs me and the beat would probably be the first thing that catches my attention.

This.

Poetic Wun
12-29-2009, 04:08 PM
i may be judgmental but with the way all the beats sound the same nowadys i can tell where an artist is headed...
either they grimey, wich is a rare for new artists, and i'll give 'em a listen or they rollin with khaled or wayne or some shit... it all sounds the same to me.

djskillz
12-29-2009, 04:12 PM
Each person hears music differently. For those people who only listen to the DJ Khaled Lil Wayne type shit if I throw on some Devin the Dude or UGK they'll be lookin at me like the fuck? But for me that's the type of music I associate with most. The beats are laid back chill type music like some 70's soul or some funk while the lyrics are about some real shit. It's the same reason why I was in love with West Coast hip hop in my younger days. Same reason why some people won't like Hardcore East Coast hip hop. Just doesn't appeal to them. How is a 17 year old girl who likes to party and fuck gonna relate to Shook Ones Pt. II? See what I mean? But for me that song is one of the greatest because I've lived that shit.