PDA

View Full Version : DMX Fight Update

J-Cee
12-29-2009, 01:41 AM
DMX fight update: Rapper is out because he wanted the fight fixed?
By Steve Cofield

Earl Simmons better known as "DMX" isn't such a tough guy afterall. The rapper made headlines back in September when it leaked that he'd be making his debut as an MMA fighter against someone named Eric Martinez on a Dec. 12 Alabama card.
DMX, 38, started trash talking from the get-go saying he wasn't even going to train for the fight:
"We got a phone call, you know, asking if I wanted to participate in it. Yeah, why not? I figured I could do it. I'm just going to walk in as it is... It wouldn't be fair if I trained. I can fight for real though, so it is what it is."
The fight is now off because of ridiculous language DMX and his manager wanted in the fight contract. DMX needs to talk pro wrestling promoter Vince McMahon. According to documents acquired by TMZ:
X's manager, Nakia Walker, submitted an addendum to the rapper's original contract for the fight, stipulating: "Event Promoter and Management agree that [DMX] is scheduled to win the Boxing Challenge."
Huh? That doesn't sound like a real fight.
Walker also added a line which read, "All parties agree this event has been scheduled to occur only in fun and that the artist involved is not a professional boxer."
Part of the agreement was also not to release any of the details of the pre-determined results to the public. DMX now says he wants to fight regardless but the promoters, with a sour taste in their mouths, said no dice. Thunder Promotions has inserted Coolio to fight Martinez.
DMX is fresh out jail after serving a 90 day sentence in Arizona. He was locked up on charges of animal cruelty, theft and drug possession.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_mma_experts__14/ept_sports_mma_experts-963957088-1257883962.jpg?ym601LCDyV7WJWMV

J-Cee
12-29-2009, 01:42 AM
FIGHT PROMOTERS SUE DMX

DMX is set to have more than a bruised ego after pulling out of a celebrity martial arts fight - his wallet could take a beating after the promoter filed a $1 million (625,000) lawsuit against the rapper.
The troubled hip-hop star signed up to battle it out in the ring with actor Eric Martinez in an Alabama Pride MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) bout next month (Dec09).
He subsequently dropped out of the match amid claims his safety would be put at risk - but organisers later alleged he quit after they refused to fix the fight to ensure he was crowned champion.
Promoters from Thunder Productions had to make last minute amendments and roped in rapper-turned-reality star Coolio to take DMX's place.
And now they are demanding DMX pay for wasting their time - the company filed a $1 million (625,000) suit at a Birmingham, Alabama court on Friday (20Nov09), according to TMZ.com.
The fight is set to take place on 12 December (09).

spiggity_ace
12-29-2009, 02:33 AM
man i feel bad for x he just keeps gettin in trouble everyehwere he goes, damn

BIG D O
12-29-2009, 03:25 AM
I'm glad he came to his senses and pulled outta that bullshit....

would hate to see that man reduced to some sideshow shit like this....