PDA

View Full Version : Positive/Christians music

The Grandmaster
12-30-2009, 01:18 PM
I need music that doesn't poison my soul. This isn't a thread to share your religious beliefs or comment on mine, just post good music...

Thanks in advance.

Buzk
12-30-2009, 01:24 PM
check out Braille, i guess he's pretty positive...and christian

P-Noid Brown
12-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Cage-movies for the blind

^^
very soulful and uplifting.

Frank Sobotka
12-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Not sure but I heard bushwick bill has a christian album out.

THE W
12-30-2009, 01:41 PM
cross movement is one of the best of the christian rap genre. there the christian's answer to wu-tang. check'em out.

Cthulhu
12-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Not Christian, but positive.

-Ae6zxCr7gw

YungSunny
12-30-2009, 03:46 PM
goodie mob - soul food
outkast - atliens
boogiemonsters - the underwater album
Anything michael franti makes lol. Though I don't fuck with michael franti that much. He's still positive.

Oh and:
http://nuclearfuzion.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/black_on_both_sides.jpg

djskillz
12-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Lol @ I need music that doesn't poison my soul.

netscape check two
12-30-2009, 09:17 PM
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-music-2006/3903-1.jpg

The Grandmaster
12-30-2009, 11:31 PM
Lol @ I need music that doesn't poison my soul.

Haha whats funny? You really listening to life's a bitch makes you a better person?

Btw thx for the heads up guys gonna check em all, cept for greydon square(that was a rly funny joke btw)...

djskillz
12-30-2009, 11:35 PM
^Listening to christian music doesn't make you a better person either. I judge people on their actions not their choice in music. I just find the whole concept of christian hip hop ridiculous.

Cthulhu
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Haha whats funny? You really listening to life's a bitch makes you a better person?

Btw thx for the heads up guys gonna check em all, cept for greydon square(that was a rly funny joke btw)...

Not too much of a joke. He's obviously not Christian, but I consider him positive. He raps about skepticism and tolerance.

whitey
12-30-2009, 11:39 PM
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/bestselling-music-2006/3903-1.jpg

i know one of the dudes brothers. he went to my hs.

and you should try recent Hammer. dude went real gospel with it.

Cthulhu
12-30-2009, 11:42 PM
Dlr90NLDp-0

Guess this is Christian music. I can get down with this.

EAGLE EYE
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
http://armchairantichrist.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/jesus-hug.jpg
H10Fn1G18_k
http://armchairantichrist.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/jesus-hug.jpg

The Grandmaster
12-31-2009, 12:18 AM
^Listening to christian music doesn't make you a better person either. I judge people on their actions not their choice in music. I just find the whole concept of christian hip hop ridiculous.

Whatever, didnt you read the the first post? And I thought hip-hop was a form of self expression, if you believe in god, how is it ridiculous to rap about your faith? Anyways, lets stop it.

Not too much of a joke. He's obviously not Christian, but I consider him positive. He raps about skepticism and tolerance.

obviously u think ur making a very smart joke becuz its evident a Christianity bashing song was not wut i was looking for

Thx for the heads up. Id like to know wut r 2pac and bone thugz n harmony songs of this genre? Thx in advance.

djskillz
12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
Whatever, didnt you read the the first post? And I thought hip-hop was a form of self expression, if you believe in god, how is it ridiculous to rap about your faith? Anyways, lets stop it.

I was responding to your post. You said "Do you think life's a bitch makes you a better person?" My response was no, but listening to christian music doesn't make you a better person either. That was my point.

Whether I like christian music or not is besides the point. I have no problem with someone expressing their faith on a song, some of my favorite rappers have "christian" songs i guess you could say (DMX - Lord Give me a sign among others) BUT it's my personal opinion that christian rap is just corny. When DMX or Nas or whoever makes a song about god it comes off as genuine but for some reason when I hear a rapper who bases his ENTIRE career to christian raps it just seems corny to me. That's just me though.

JASPER
12-31-2009, 12:24 AM
w7vHALbVYPs

The Grandmaster
12-31-2009, 12:38 AM
I was responding to your post. You said "Do you think life's a bitch makes you a better person?" My response was no, but listening to christian music doesn't make you a better person either. That was my point.

Whether I like christian music or not is besides the point. I have no problem with someone expressing their faith on a song, some of my favorite rappers have "christian" songs i guess you could say (DMX - Lord Give me a sign among others) BUT it's my personal opinion that christian rap is just corny. When DMX or Nas or whoever makes a song about god it comes off as genuine but for some reason when I hear a rapper who bases his ENTIRE career to christian raps it just seems corny to me. That's just me though.

plz dont comment on my beliefs. i made it clear in the first post that thats not what i want. why cant you follow simple guidelines?

im pretty sure u know how to make a thread, go pour your sentiments there.

djskillz
12-31-2009, 12:47 AM
Lmao. Props on being arrogant enough to think I was attacking you personally. I could give a fuck about your beliefs. I'm sure you feel the same about mine and I'm cool with that cause I don't give a fuck what you think.

Frank Sobotka
12-31-2009, 05:00 AM
ALl eyez on me was pretty positive.
Maino's album is a positive album as well, this guy was happy as fuck with his life and the album really shows it.

YungSunny
12-31-2009, 09:02 AM
Lmao. Props on being arrogant enough to think I was attacking you personally. I could give a fuck about your beliefs. I'm sure you feel the same about mine and I'm cool with that cause I don't give a fuck what you think.

smh