PDA

View Full Version : prodigy of mobb deeps late 3 album refresh run!!!!!!

angry!
01-02-2010, 12:39 AM
prodigy carried mobb deep on his back post blood money with a 3 album run that all started with this....

http://www.slona.net/resources/images/content/2007/04/25/Prodigy-Return_Of_The_Mac.300x300.jpg

alchemist on the beats, prodigy on the rhymes, any mobb fan can appreciate that!!!!! add the fact prodigy came back sounding focused and more energized than he had the last time we heard him!!!!! his pen was going off on this, and the beats were crispy son!!!!! if you havent heard this and you like ANY mobb release, go pick this shit up!!!!!!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_lx4KOr2xAMc/SAYlCrDJ0XI/AAAAAAAAA-U/kYbE8NXajLQ/s320/Prodigy+-+HNIC+Pt+2.jpg

this album is cold hearted street shit!!!!!!! prodigy sounds spaced out dropping everything from hood talk to street wisdom to conspiracy shit!!!!! alchemist, havoc, and sid roams, bringing hard beats that sound a part of a whole!!!!!! sounds like it was made by a nigga looking at jail time!!!!!!! if you like hardcore hip hop and crazy production go buy this shit!!!!!!

http://www.amoeba.com/dynamic-images/blog/1zduq76.jpg

the last thing he put out... prodigy found another go to producer with sid roams!!!!!! this shit is coke off a knife music!!!!!! that smoke dust in a bathroom with flickering light type shit!!!!!!! he gives un pachino and big twin some burn and drops nothing but gritty shit over dusted beats!!!!!

i as a long time mobb fan got more than i could have asked for outta prodigy with these 3 albums!!!!! think about how long son been in the game... still makin music for the same reasons, still making rugged shit for whoever wants it!!!!!! its too bad hes behind the wall!!!!!!!

VHB9hn3w1cQ

wLwZpFn_YCg

^^^ hes keeping that mobb brand alive with shit like this!!!!!!!!!!

his apex was universally ill... but too many mobb fans let that overshadow a ton of dope shit hes done since that moment passed!!!!!!!!!

Apocalypse
01-02-2010, 12:52 AM
i feel the same way.

GZAjector
01-02-2010, 01:04 AM
product of the 80's is one of my favorite albums in a long time

the other 2 are ill too, but product just has that fuckin vibe that i'm really feeling

GZAjector
01-02-2010, 01:10 AM
DG2sTQuLLJY&feature=related

this

i zone the fuck out on this album, but this jint in particular puts me in the place. i drank about half a 5th of some cheap cheap one night last winter and ate some crazy pills and had this shit on loop, stuck in a shed with some halloween lights and a butcher knife
had some fucked up phaser reverberating through my head along to the beat it was ill

Jammin
01-02-2010, 01:21 AM
i don't see the return of the mac pic

TAURO
01-02-2010, 09:57 AM
I really didn't feel return of the mac all that much for some reason, mainly due to alchemists production, nothing really stood out to me.

Product of the 80's though is another matter entirely. I thought it really delivered on a production tip but Prodigy really isn't the rapper he used to be and quite frankly only a stan would deny that.

angry!
01-02-2010, 10:03 AM
I really didn't feel return of the mac all that much for some reason, mainly due to alchemists production, nothing really stood out to me.

Product of the 80's though is another matter entirely. I thought it really delivered on a production tip but Prodigy really isn't the rapper he used to be and quite frankly only a stan would deny that.
his apex was universally ill... but too many mobb fans let that overshadow a ton of dope shit hes done since that moment passed!!!!!!!!!

im not saying hes the same nigga that made the infamous, that was over 15 years ago, all im saying is hes still capable of making dope music!!!!!! no one stays on top forever my nigga, jordans knees might pop in the gym but hell still give you everything hes got!!!!!!

TAURO
01-02-2010, 10:17 AM
I agree, don't get me wrong, im not trying to say he's a shit rapper, I think he still has great presence on the mic and im still a fan of his music no doubt.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-02-2010, 10:37 AM
hnic2 was one of the darkest, gloomiest, bleakest albums to come out this decade. Product of the 80s was the slept on album of that year.

J-DON
01-02-2010, 11:42 AM
I love all three of these albums. Prodigy has an ear for music and knows how to make a grimey track even though his lyrics may not always be up to snuff.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Prodigys lyrics are unquestionable son. Even today, hes better than any new rapper i hear, talking shit.

angry!
01-02-2010, 11:51 AM
I agree, don't get me wrong, im not trying to say he's a shit rapper, I think he still has great presence on the mic and im still a fan of his music no doubt.

no doubt homie... son is like the george foreman of rap!!!!! hes older, hes slower, but hell still knock you the fuck out!!!!!!

he been doing it since 92, hes given more than i could ever expect out of him!!!!!! and i agree lacey hnic 2 got a crazy vibe... even the way p sounds vocally on there is crazy, with that deadpan voice!!!!!! its like hes losing his mind on wax... crazy album and worthy sequel!!!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-02-2010, 11:53 AM
that shit was like satanic opium den music

angry!
01-02-2010, 12:02 PM
N5OKlmQoRk4

"when i was a kid i drank beer not soda
never did the girls if they panties had the odor
you put my songs for sale, and im a good earner
and i shot ya man, so i could test my burner"

no bullshit... if you told me prodigy woulda came back like this 5 years ago i woulda looked at you funny!!!!!!! crazy revival!!!!! cant count a legend out!!!!!!!!

djskillz
01-02-2010, 12:54 PM
Prodigy is still in my top 10. Too ill. These 3 albums are what kept him there cause for a minute I was countin him out.

Vicious
01-02-2010, 02:48 PM
this album is cold hearted street shit!!!!!!! !

well said!