PDA

View Full Version : non phixion - the future is now.. if you havent heard it its time to change that!!!!!

angry!
01-02-2010, 03:25 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_2X2XNcJHpXM/SKM4yGfIjlI/AAAAAAAAATM/i_Ipqx-GZNw/s320/Futureisnow.jpg

this shit finally dropped in 2002 after non phixion went through label hell and back, and they dropped a fuckin gem piece!!!!!!!!

the future is now had production from large professor, pete rock, and dj premier.... the first time an album had that lineup since nas' illmatic!!!!!! thats a feat in itself, add that to the fact everyone of them came with their A game and submitted top shelf heat!!!!!!!!!!

non phixion is formed by s.a.b.a.c. red (smoke a blunt and chill), goretex, ill bill, and dj eclipse... every member brought something different to the table and excelled in different areas!!!!!!!!

lyrically they all mash it!!!!!! ill bill is the most versatile, bac is the level head, and gore is just straight up and down gutter with it!!!!!!!

aside from preem, pete, and large pro doing joints... you had mf doom and ju ju of the beatnuts blessing tracks!!!!!!!

the other half of the album was produced by ill bills brother necro, and every beat he did is audio heroin!!!!!! holding his shit on a legendary production lineup is a mark of his skill level as a producer!!!!!!!!

if you havent heard this album and you love hip hop... do yourself a favor and cop it asap!!!!!!!!! in the rare event you dont like it buy it anyways so you can spin the instrumental disc!!!!!!! they knocked one album out the park and broke up, but thats the biz!!!!!!! if any of yall are interested in here ill shed some light on their solo efforts!!!!!!!!

GQuiWTVurps&feature=related

znccSLyG0cU&feature=related

OOWhn8ElE6U&feature=related

its not about record sales, looks, or popularity... its about the wreck.... and these mawfuckas caught enough to get tracks from the best to do it!!!!!!!!

claaa7
01-02-2010, 04:06 PM
word, classic album.. and i'm confident saying that after this great piece of work stood the test of time since 2002. great production, ill fucking lyrics all the way through (besides Necro's single verse but whatever).

Tecknowledgist
01-02-2010, 04:41 PM
yeah this shit is just classic

the video for rockstars was hilarious too

GANGSTA, cherry ketamin the medicine pirellis spin

anybody ever listen to the Green CD??? i'm curious if its any good

angry!
01-02-2010, 05:12 PM
yeah this shit is just classic

the video for rockstars was hilarious too

GANGSTA, cherry ketamin the medicine pirellis spin

anybody ever listen to the Green CD??? i'm curious if its any good

yo that shit is dope as fuck too!!!!! a good collection of past and unreleased joints and freestyles plus a DVD on the origins of the group!!!!!!!

apOYdYTFnHU

yReC5FUasMY&feature=related

tA4mxyXwut4&feature=related

great group... bills still assasinating mics......

BIG D O
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
it was dope, but if you actually was a fan of Non Phixion's and had to wait the insane amount of time for them to drop this it was kinda disappointing...

The Green Tape>>>>>>>this album....

I don't know, it might just be me, but PR and Large Pro under performed on that album....

Necro's beats on the Green Tape were killer tho...not to mention the Green Tape was when that man Ill Bill still had his original flow, not this new one that isn't as technically nice...

claaa7
01-02-2010, 06:48 PM
^ hmm, i would say that it's just you cuz "If You Got Love" and "We Are The Future" stands amogst both respective producers finest work off this decade imo.

spiggity_ace
01-02-2010, 06:59 PM
oh shit i thought i postedin this thread, but this is one of the best albums i ever heard, sabacs verse on black helicopters is just amazing, i wanted to hear more necro verses on this tho he rips there is no future amazing beats amazing rhymes amazing cover wut else do u need

BIG D O
01-02-2010, 07:14 PM
^ hmm, i would say that it's just you cuz "If You Got Love" and "We Are The Future" stands amogst both respective producers finest work off this decade imo.

nah, not a chance....both have done faaar better work....

don't get me wrong the beats they handed them didn't stink, but they just weren't that memorable either....

Necro's shit served them much better and yes brother still I say the Green Tape>>>>>>>

angry!
01-02-2010, 08:13 PM
i was waiting closely following the release of this album and wasnt letdown at all!!!!!

i was up on all those 12" releases... "no tommorrow", "5 boros", "i shot regan"... i still thought the album was bangin kid!!!!

i dont know man i dont spin this album thinkin it shouldve been more, but youre entitled to your opinion!!!!!!!

drug music
we are the future
its us
rock stars
if you got love

^^^ all bangers in my book... friendly competition by the same team that helped give illmatic life!!!!!!!!!

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-02-2010, 08:28 PM
co-sign green cd

get that shit

Buzk
01-02-2010, 09:17 PM
the future is now is a great album, only heard a few songs from the green cd tho.

favourite:

RRomQ9PR-VM

MaskedAvenger
01-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Classic album, no doubt.

Urban_Journalz
01-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Yo, I was damn near heart-broken when Non Phixion broke up. After Wu-Tang, this was the only other group that hit me like a ton of bricks. I can honestly say I love their work. This album is a serious must-have though. Every track on there is sick. My personal favs. are, "It's Us" (That beat is just beautiful) "Black Helicopters", "If You Got Love", "Cult Leader", fuck it, all of 'em.

The Green CD was ill too. You got to hear some pretty sick Goretex freestyles too. That DVD was insanity too. Very in-depth. DJ Eclipse even threw out Wu-Tang as one of the groups who did was Non Phixion did as far as, "Bringing that New York sound back."

Word up though, whoever doesn't have it, FIX IT!!!!

THE MASON
01-03-2010, 11:50 AM
im not really a fan of non phixon bu this album is tight. production was some of the illest beats this decade.

Im just not a fan of Sabac or Goretex but Ill Bill rips the mic. The track i spin the most is Strange Universe with DOOM.

and Necro proves his production skills on this, stacking up against Large Pro, Pete Rock and Preemo

sdeblasi
01-03-2010, 12:23 PM
if anyone hasn't heard Sabac's first album "Sabacolypse" i would recommend checking that out...Necro produces the entire album

Mcthuggin99
01-03-2010, 12:36 PM
yeah this album is dope.There Is No Future is my fave because i just liked Necro's verse

angry!
01-03-2010, 02:01 PM
if anyone hasn't heard Sabac's first album "Sabacolypse" i would recommend checking that out...Necro produces the entire album

def. man all their debut solos were banging and necro produced all of em!!!!!

whats wrong with bill
sabacolypse
the art of dying

if you liked the future is now and havent heard those, do yourself a favor and check them!!!!! hard beats hard rhymes hard albums!!!!!!

i think theres still a lot of heads out there sleeping on the future is now... the easiest way for me to sell it was the fact it had 3 of the heavyweights from the illmatic production team... if you dont check the album after hearing that i dont know what to tell ya!!!!!!

spiggity_ace
01-03-2010, 05:39 PM
i wasnt feelin goretexs solo but i liked ill bills, ima check out sabacs cuz i really liked em on non phixion stuff. off topic but necro gave hyde better beats than he gave gore it shoulda been the other way around, and that track the big sleep is amazing.

sdeblasi
01-03-2010, 05:53 PM
def. man all their debut solos were banging and necro produced all of em!!!!!

whats wrong with bill
sabacolypse
the art of dying

if you liked the future is now and havent heard those, do yourself a favor and check them!!!!! hard beats hard rhymes hard albums!!!!!!

i think theres still a lot of heads out there sleeping on the future is now... the easiest way for me to sell it was the fact it had 3 of the heavyweights from the illmatic production team... if you dont check the album after hearing that i dont know what to tell ya!!!!!!

co-sign, all 3 are dope i like Bill's the best then Sabacolypse, then the Art of Dying but there all good

cant wait for the Muggs vs. Ill Bill album dropping this year!!!

angry!
01-03-2010, 05:54 PM
yo... the art of dying... had some of necros illest beats ever in my opinion homie!!!!!

give that one another listen, some of those beats were sickening!!!!! molten heat!!!!! son gave each member something different sonically and produced all of them in full... thats what you call showing out on the boards!!!!!!!

ehmj5qXWM7M

pNr_DBGLkxc

aaUTiMHBi-M

disgustin... dusted... bangers!!!!!!!

Urban_Journalz
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM

No doubt. "Fight Until The End" is one of the illest tracks ever made. That fuckin' piano goes straight to the soul.

Guarded By Martyrs
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Great album 3 ridiculous Emcees over sick beats
Non-Phixion was the shit, and Goretex remains on of my favourite Emcees.
The balance of their crew was perfect, he brings the grit
One of the sickest voices I've heard.

yo... the art of dying... had some of necros illest beats ever in my opinion homie!!!!!

Co-Sign, after hearing Necro deliver so many bangers to everyone
I was waiting for Goretex's turn, and I think it's his best production in that respect
Best suited anyway.
Necro really deserves more shine as a producer in general I feel.

spiggity_ace
01-03-2010, 09:01 PM
ima give the art of dying another listen maybe i just sletp thruogh it or wutever but those beats u posted specially the last one are tellin me that i didnt give it enuff love

angry!
01-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Great album 3 ridiculous Emcees over sick beats
Non-Phixion was the shit, and Goretex remains on of my favourite Emcees.
The balance of their crew was perfect, he brings the grit
One of the sickest voices I've heard.

Co-Sign, after hearing Necro deliver so many bangers to everyone
I was waiting for Goretex's turn, and I think it's his best production in that respect
Best suited anyway.
Necro really deserves more shine as a producer in general I feel.

i agree homie its too bad he doesnt get more respect... hes been filthy on the boards for a long time!!!!! i think his persona/art direction has some ppl looking at him as nothing more than a novelty act... when in actuality hes making traditional hip hop shit with his own twist!!!!!!

he gave raekwon that "gihad" beat for free... and necro made that beat in 97!!!! hes always been nice on the beats!!!!!!

ima give the art of dying another listen maybe i just sletp thruogh it or wutever but those beats u posted specially the last one are tellin me that i didnt give it enuff love

i think youll suprise yourself... that shit was grimey as fuck!!!!!!!

when you revisit that and check out sabacs debut you should check back in... curious to see what you think!!!!!!

sickdog
01-04-2010, 03:28 AM
i always tought its to much hype about this album... i love hardcore hip-hop, but this type of shit is not for me, beats are to primitive and simple, after few spins u got bored of it. i love them guys but his album is not for me.

ill bill "hour of repraisal" is my favorite album from all this company...

angry!
01-04-2010, 08:40 AM
PS88pea8_64

Q9ChZj26Ymc

gXaSI5SYOzg

hour of reprisal was real dope... bill still doin his thing, that album with muggs gonna be a monster hes gonna cripple those beats!!!!!!!!

P-Noid Brown
01-04-2010, 09:22 AM
The original album release of the future is now is dope... I have it on tape somewhere in my stash!! It's a completely different album than the one released uncle howie records

Martial-Expert
01-04-2010, 11:43 AM
so dope, what about large pro on "we are the future"

that beat is bliss

fatboybrandon
01-04-2010, 12:30 PM
I used to meet a couple of them dudes from Non Phixion during my many travels from Harlem down to Soho NY at Fat Beats, either Ill Bill or Eclipse would be behind the turntables when I walked in filling the store space with dope music. I'm still tryin to get a copy from Eclipse of his Halftime Show 8th anniversary with Smoothe Da Hustler & Just Blaze.

I definitely like that 1st Non Phixion album angry!, it's hip hop for deep thinkers who know a banging song the second they hear it, but also want some meaningful content they can decipher and come back to in the lyrics.

I really like The Cult Leader, it's dope how they used a Jackson 5 sample to make something more banging and darker

jFzaZ6bWZbo

angry!
01-04-2010, 12:49 PM
I used to meet a couple of them dudes from Non Phixion during my many travels from Harlem down to Soho NY at Fat Beats, either Ill Bill or Eclipse would be behind the turntables when I walked in filling the store space with dope music. I'm still tryin to get a copy from Eclipse of his Halftime Show 8th anniversary with Smoothe Da Hustler & Just Blaze.

I definitely like that 1st Non Phixion album angry!, it's hip hop for deep thinkers who know a banging song the second they hear it, but also want some meaningful content they can decipher and come back to in the lyrics.

I really like The Cult Leader, it's dope how they used a Jackson 5 sample to make something more banging and darker

thats dope homie!!!! they been at it a long time... eclipse knows how to spin records, his radio show always been playing the right shit!!!!!!!

every member blacked out on the future is now lyrically, it eclipsed anything gore bac or bill had done previously in my opinion!!!!!! thier respect deliveries all were more polished...futuristic, paranoid, panic induced street science!!!!!!! a lot of heads probably sleep on this joint thinkin its some nerd rap... couldnt be more off base... its headstrong hood shit!!!!!!!!!

i think the solo releases highlighted what each individual member was bringin to the table!!!!! that being said bill comes with crazy song concepts and subject matter... he can drop anything from straight laced battle rap, to all out thug shit, scientific street shit, to real personal shit!!!!! real versatile with it... cult leader is the definition of blacking out!!!!!!

sdeblasi
01-04-2010, 05:37 PM
i listened to that Goretex solo again today and you were right those were some of Necro's illest beats...i still like WWWB better...the Goretex one is on par with Sabacolpyse

sdeblasi
01-04-2010, 05:39 PM
The original album release of the future is now is dope... I have it on tape somewhere in my stash!! It's a completely different album than the one released uncle howie records

any way you can get this on your comp and up it? and whats different about it exactly?

spiggity_ace
01-04-2010, 09:31 PM
yo angry i listened to that gore album again, ima be honest i didnt even peep the hwole thing wen i first had it i just skipped through to the songs with bill n necro features but that was a mistake, the production is nasty and that track celebrity roast is real dope its hilarious, gore kills everythig extreme makeover is the shit, but pigmartyr stood out to me, necro killed that hard a dope ass verse, ima check sabacolypse next

Afficial_Nastee
01-05-2010, 09:58 AM
That Cult Leader track is lyrical madness! An awesome concept as well since cults is a subject that has been interesting to me and have inspired me....

I turn knees to noodles; I make my female followers
want me until they pussy's drippin like fruit juice

^^^^
Ill made

Makes you realize that 2002 was a pretty good year in Hip-Hop if I take note of all the other great stuff that has been released in 2002....

P-Noid Brown
01-05-2010, 11:09 AM
any way you can get this on your comp and up it? and whats different about it exactly?

80% of the album is different family...

Visionz
05-15-2010, 10:13 AM
word, classic album.. and i'm confident saying that after this great piece of work stood the test of time since 2002. great production, ill fucking lyrics all the way through (besides Necro's single verse but whatever).
word, love his production but his verse here was fuckin wack, left me with no desire to ever check for any of his solo joints

Sadly, I lost this when the electrical system on my jag went out and didn't have the cash to repair it and some of my favorite discs were stuck in the changer, a sad day for me. I use to bang the hell out of this. Need to get it replaced, the whole thing played through from start to finish.

WE ARE THE MOthAFuckin FUTURE,
RRomQ9PR-VM

(anybody got a link? I bought the first one lol)

MaskedAvenger
05-15-2010, 10:17 AM
I got the signed version when it was released, not since Illmatic has this lineup of producers come together. ill album.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-15-2010, 01:58 PM
it was dope, but if you actually was a fan of Non Phixion's and had to wait the insane amount of time for them to drop this it was kinda disappointing...

The Green Tape>>>>>>>this album....

I don't know, it might just be me, but PR and Large Pro under performed on that album....

Necro's beats on the Green Tape were killer tho...not to mention the Green Tape was when that man Ill Bill still had his original flow, not this new one that isn't as technically nice...

I kind of agree, although the album was great, it was a little disappointing when i did listen to it.

It's really good though, and when i listen to it now i forget about any expectation i had, none of that matters anymore.

And yeah you listen to Bill on tracks like 'Existence' and he goes nuts. He's still good on The Future is Now, but never really raps like that.

Rockstars, Drug Music and We Are The Future are some of the best tracks they ever made though to me.

Ill Bill's verse of We Are the Future is mad.

RRomQ9PR-VM

Gore was probably my favourite mc out of the three, but all were pretty close. It's a shame Gore and Sabac have kind of fallen off the map, and Bill now raps like he's chewing gravel.

Longbongcilvaringz
05-15-2010, 02:11 PM
And on their solos, all are good.

I like Gore's the best, just because i prefer him slightly to the others.

He says some ridiculous shit on that album, no point even quoting lines, because it's all like that.

And i don't know how many times i played this track, probably hundreds:

zsBFRHP4QDY

WooHa
05-15-2010, 03:26 PM
Yea, dope album

snapple
05-15-2010, 06:49 PM
wow i haven't heard this in a long time...this is a true underground hip-hop classic LP

BIG D O
05-16-2010, 01:07 AM

jFzaZ6bWZbo

^^^this

spiggity_ace
05-16-2010, 02:47 AM
im listnein to this as we speak, this album is fuckin insane, we are the futue tracks beat is soooooooooooooo sick, and mf doom didnt have any production on here, i thought he made strange universe but i was amazed when i found out that was a NECRO BEAT! everytime black helicopters come on i go wild shits so hot still love that necro verse on this album

J-Cee
05-16-2010, 03:31 AM
yeh classic album in my opinion..fuckin gem

oDoUoSoKo
05-16-2010, 08:47 AM
am i really the first one to post this gem??

Q1Khr45wT4o

angry!
05-16-2010, 09:37 AM
yall up on the say goodbye remix!?!?!?!?!

necro cooked it up for the biker boyz soundtrack...

shit was just as dope as the original!!!!!!!!!!!

GAMYTBEOJc4

bac and gore killed that shit man....

"i move through the project lights, rhythm and smoke"

"people change, cuz when i look back, i feel strange
goin through old flicks, our days numbered, turnin the page"

damn shame about goretex... nigga was NICE... probably still is... visibility is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!

bill still doin his thing, he bodied that la coka record!!!!!!!!!!!

"bang bang" he channeled early bill, high pitch nasal bill is the bill we all fuck with!!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad yall showing this album love!!!!!!

doubt itll ever happen, but it would monumental if these guys could put the bullshit aside and drop another album!!!!!!!!!!!! thats what ppl wanna see from these guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

futurama still a crazy opener.. shit gets me open!!!!!!!!!!!!

spiggity_ace
05-16-2010, 05:28 PM
cosgin^ rite wen u hear bill say, "they got aids infected the globe" u kno ur in for a ride, it was just epic, the beats were off the charts, this is a post 90s 5 mic'er

im surprised this gem was left off the album tho this defo shulda been on thier, fuckin classic as hell
tJZ5v8Dp6po

i want that nig to post his cassette version of the future is now, im curious to as how that sounds, Pnoid man up that

Paranoid
05-16-2010, 08:50 PM
i love this album

djskillz
06-02-2010, 06:56 PM
I just DL'ed this. I've always liked Ill Bill but I never got around to listening to Non Phixion or La Coka Nostra.