PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article about VISA and the card game

EAGLE EYE
01-05-2010, 03:02 AM
"While Visa may be among the best-known brands in the world, how it operates is a mystery to many consumers.
Visa does not distribute credit or debit cards, nor does it provide credit so consumers can buy flat-screen televisions or a Starbucks (http://topics.nytimes.com/top/news/business/companies/starbucks_corporation/index.html?inline=nyt-org) latte. Those tasks are left to the banks, which owned Visa until it went public in 2008."
excerpt

link: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/05/your-money/credit-and-debit-cards/05visa.html

Mumm Ra
01-05-2010, 03:27 AM
interesting indeed..
just 2-3 days before xmas i pulled up to the atm in my car and the person in front had left their credit card in the machine and drove off. it was left asking me if i wanted to make another transaction...yall already know what i did!

promptly returned it of course

PALEHORSE
01-05-2010, 09:12 AM
I would have took it. the cardholder is insured. free money and no one gets fucked but the feds

Art Vandelay
01-05-2010, 12:20 PM

but scumbag, what if that guy needed that money? it was 2-3 days before christmas. that guy would have been broke and with the holidays coming up, would have no access to money for quite a while because of you.

ALCATRAZ
01-05-2010, 03:27 PM
I would have took it. the cardholder is insured. free money and no one gets fucked but the feds
amen brother, that's the american way

Monkdude
01-06-2010, 10:17 AM
interesting indeed..
just 2-3 days before xmas i pulled up to the atm in my car and the person in front had left their credit card in the machine and drove off. it was left asking me if i wanted to make another transaction...yall already know what i did!

promptly returned it of course

whenever you click "yes, I want to do another transaction" you have to type in the PIN again

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
I used to have a bunch of credit cards and i ended up filing for bankruptcy because i couldn't keep a job. I regret doing that and if i had to do all over again, i would've only gotten one credit card. People please make sure that if you get a credit card, you only get one or two and make sure you pay them more than what they're asking you to pay every month. Also make sure you have a steady job when you get a credit card. And instead of paying them every month, pay them everytime you get paid so you can pay off the debt faster. I got one credit card now and i pay it everytime i get paid so i can pay off the debt.

Mumm Ra
01-06-2010, 07:14 PM
whenever you click "yes, I want to do another transaction" you have to type in the PIN again
um...no you don't
not at the ATMs i ever use anyway