PDA

View Full Version : Detroit's Unemployment Rate Is Worse Than Cleveland's

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I read a newspaper article recently about how Detroit's economy is really terrible now. There's a lot of people outta work especially the blacks of course. There's a lot of people losing their homes. The article was really depressing to me. I hate to see anybody unemployed because i know it's tough to get a job and it's very tough when you don't have a education and no job skills. Cleveland's unemployment rate is terrible too and i know most of the people unemployed are black. It's not like it was back in the day in Cleveland and Detroit when blacks who didn't have a education could work in a factory for 30 or 40 years and retire. Factories are closing up now and moving overseas for cheap labor. So that leaves blacks in the cold because a lot of them don't have job skills for jobs that pay good because of their lack of education. Let's face the fact that most black men don't like school and that's why so many of them are outta work. I know it costs money to go to school and a lot of them also don't like to read and study and those are other reasons why most black men don't go to school. I don't like school either and i'm lucky i got 2 jobs. I know the reason why i can't get a good job is because i don't have job skills. Ironman since you live in Detroit, i know you know what the jobs situation is like there for blacks.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-06-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
I watched your Youtube footage Nicky. That's funny hahahahahahahaha. I know Cleveland isn't Detroit but the jobs situation in Cleveland isn't much better than Detroit. That's why i'm not in Cleveland now LOL. I wish i was still in Cleveland and i would be there if i had a good job. Factory jobs there suck, fucking slave plantations.

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 11:13 AM
white people are just as disenfranchised

maybe im the white charlesjones

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Marlo, how are white people disenfranchised when they're in charge of america? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. White people have more power than blacks because of their skin color and intelligence. So i don't agree with your statement. It's more blacks that are poor and unemployed than whites and it will always be that way.

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 11:24 AM
maybe im as radical about white peoples true position as you are with blacks

im white, i live in michigan, and have worked maybe 6 months in the last 3 years

im not in charge of america, bud. sorry. wish i was!

all of my black friends are doing better than me, and some of them just got out of prison

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:34 AM
What type of work do you do? How come you've only worked 6 months outta the last 3 years? What have you been doing during the time you were unemployed? I feel for you man. I know what it's like to be unemployed because i was 8 years ago and i wanted to kill myself because i got tired of being broke and sitting around waiting on a job to call me. I was very depressed and suicidal back then. My parents wanted me to go back to school and get some job training but i don't like school. Plus school costs too much money. It sucks that job supervisors don't wanna train people anymore. Only way unemployed people are gonna get job skills is if they get trained at a job instead of having to go to school to get some job training. And going to school doesn't guarantee you a job when your done with school.

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:05 PM
i dont have any specialized training. cant afford the time or money to go to school, nor are there any schools around here that offer much. i live in a smaller town with not much opportunity, in michigan. for me to find any livelihood i would need to leave michigan and have money to stay in hotels for weeks at a time, etc. not possible. im not joining the military, and i quit the game.

my town is 99% white and its starting to look like a section out of detroit, for real. poverty doesnt discriminate. when a person feels a certain level of hopelessness you wonder why the community isnt mobilizing for improvement.

i dont know how true this is, but atleast it seems black people have more brotherhood that is adjusted to these situations.

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 12:10 PM
When you say game, you must be talking about drug dealing. Am i right? I guess your right that poverty doesn't discriminate but poverty is always gonna affect blacks more than whites because whites have more job opportunities than blacks because of their skin color.

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:17 PM
hahahahahaha

blacks are always going to have a better quality of life because their skin attracts the sun

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Whatever. Did you used to be a drug dealer?

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:20 PM
i cannot extrapolate on your inquiry

TeknicelStylez
01-06-2010, 12:25 PM
if you can't get a job sell drugs, duh! It's a no brainer CJ...

P.S. Ohio sucks I'm driving through this bitch right now

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
What part of Ohio you driving through? LOL@Marlo Stanfield

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:26 PM
i used to get it in ohio

TeknicelStylez
01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Sell drugs charles, I worked 2 jobs and did it! I'm driving exactly through exit 59 maumee toleod right now, this shit is cold as fuck

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Fuck selling drugs. That's not the way to go to get money because it's not a job and you always gotta be watching over your shoulder for the cops and other drug dealers that don't want you making as much money as them.

TeknicelStylez
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Its the truth its mad stressful, but go hard or go home C you feel me, scared money don't make money and money rule the world

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
i still have cops follow me to mcdonalds when im going to get a double cheeseburger

i havent played monopoly in a couple of years either. shits hilarious.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-06-2010, 12:33 PM
dont listen to tek he's a fuckin retard

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
sounds like it