PDA

View Full Version : How Does The Welfare System Work?

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 10:36 AM
I wanna know the answer to this question. I've never been on welfare before but i was curious to know how the system works for people that are unemployed. How does the welfare system go about figuring out how much money unemployed people get a month and how do they determine how much money they get for food stamps a month? Does the welfare system help unemployed people get job training? I was also wondering why do people that get a welfare check and food stamps stay on welfare so long and not look for a job? It seems to me that the ones who are on welfare so long aren't trying to look for a job because they're content with getting free money and food stamps but that welfare check i know isn't enough to live on. I'm sure the welfare system doesn't help unemployed people pay their rent and bills.

Prolifical ENG
01-06-2010, 10:50 AM
You are posting on a weekday morning Chuck....thats unusualy...you're out of a job?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-06-2010, 11:04 AM
your parents seem decent off, so they probably dont get it.

Unless you can scam the government about having some sort of mental disability, i'd say social security would be the route you should take instead of welfare.

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:05 AM
No i took a vacation day today. I'm going back to work tomorrow.

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:06 AM
My parents have never been on welfare because they've always worked. My dad's mother was on welfare for a long time until she died. He told me his mom never kept a job for a long time when he was a kid.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-06-2010, 11:10 AM
something like this

bpBP9dALcWw

Come Honor Face
01-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Unemplyment benefits, and welfare are 2 different things Charles. You can work, and still get welfare. if you work @ Wendy's, and have 4 kids to raise, the government will help with food cards and sometimes checks. If you get laid off from work, for a certain period of time, the government will supply you with a certain percentage of what you were making before through unemployment checks.

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:40 AM
Come Honor Face, could i get a welfare check and food stamps if i get fired from a job? I know i wouldn't be able to get unemployment money if i got fired because i know they only help you out with money if you get laid off.

beautifulrock
01-06-2010, 11:42 AM
^^^That isn't true.

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 11:59 AM
You sure that isn't true? I heard that the unemployment office only gives you money if you've been laid off because if you've been fired, they look at that as being your fault and they aren't gonna give you money.

beautifulrock
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I was fired with cause and still received unemployment, and I milked it for the full 6 months.

CharlesJones
01-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Oh ok. I don't know why i never went to the unemployment office when i was unemployed.

Marlo Stanfield
01-06-2010, 12:30 PM
how about unemployment benefits for people who cant find work, period?

oh wait, thats my fault.

someone find me a strap.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-06-2010, 12:36 PM
ONly time you will NOT recieve unemployment compensation is if you QUIT or you do something like assault a co-worker.

Charles if you have enough weeks in of work you can easily get unemployment. You can sign up online.

beautifulrock
01-06-2010, 12:39 PM
I think the amount of work you have to do in order to receive unemployment is 6 months. I know of some people that purposely work 6 months and get fired then repeat the cycle as long as they can.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
unemployment aint even worth it tho....its not like you get a ton of money.

its something like 20 weeks of work to be able to collect and you can only collect for so many weeks before your claim is up.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
01-06-2010, 01:37 PM
But you sell drugs on the side dude, pshh so ignorant. The unemployment covers your rent. :)

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
I see what your saying NickyTooch but i think it's wrong that the employment office won't give unemployed people enough money to live on until they can find work. Does unemployed people get food stamps the same time they get a unemployed check?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-09-2010, 11:54 AM
hell naw. I mean I never got them but then again i never applied, so maybe you could get them.

Only reason i went on unemployment was cuz my job was seasonal and i could get paid under the table while collecting during the winter.

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 12:04 PM
What type of work do you do now? I never applied for welfare and food stamps either but if i lost my job, i would apply for it. The reason i never applied for it while i was unemployed 8 years ago is because i'm too ashamed to go into a grocery store and buy food with food stamps and when i give the stamps to the cashier, i don't wanna see customers looking at me funny thinking i'm lazy and i don't wanna work because i do wanna work. I just don't like jobs taking advantage of me and paying me a shitty salary and giving me no medical and dental benefits.

Throwdown
01-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Go shop at giant tiger then. all the welfare scrubs shop there.

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Where is Giant Tiger at? Where do you live?