PDA

View Full Version : Every African must know..

Sheep Shifter
01-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Kwame Toure. He was a US civil rights leader, a lead member of SNCC who collaborated with the Black Panthers. He later left the US, and studied in Africa for 25 years and has achieved great political success therein, even serving as Nkrumah's secretary.

H18PESzNX2c

Part one of a five part video (1996). An interview with Kwame Ture (formerly Stokeley Carmichael).

Discusses black movements, civil rights, black unity, pan-africanism, capitalism, rebellion, children, education, worker spontaneity and so on. Great thinker, though I disagree with him on major key points - however his analysis against capitalism is spot on.

Discuss

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-06-2010, 03:18 PM
not a communist

Sheep Shifter
01-06-2010, 03:20 PM
not a communist
He's not, but he's a Marxist anti-capitalist.

In the video, he references "Imperialism, The Highest Stage of Capitalism" by Lenin and says all revolutionaries must read it.

He also speaks briefly about dialectical materialism, and his vocabulary reflects his understanding of this (dia-mat) philosophy first introduced by Engels (derived from Marx' work).

He worked hand-in-hand with the Marxist-Leninist Black Panther Party; he was among their leadership and was a great orature at their demonstrations (torrent: Free Huey 1968).

SID
01-06-2010, 03:22 PM
http://i49.tinypic.com/s12t8l.jpg

^Pioneer of pan africanism.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Capitilism is a better system for the progression and competitivness of human species. It encourages growth, ideas, and intelligence. It also provides for funding for things like universities.

As long as its under the right conditions, and the rights of people arent handed over to large companies by the government, Capitilism WORKS, just look at USA, Japan.

These countries provide the advancement of the species with research and intelligence.

Sheep Shifter
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Capitilism is a better system for the progression and competitivness of human species. It encourages growth, ideas, and intelligence. It also provides for funding for things like universities.

As long as its under the right conditions, and the rights of people arent handed over to large companies by the government, Capitilism WORKS, just look at USA, Japan.

These countries provide the advancement of the species with research and intelligence.
I didn't ask you what you think about capitalism. This thread is about Kwame Ture.

MAYOR QUIMBY
01-06-2010, 04:17 PM
My favorite African is Charlize Theron.

Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster
01-06-2010, 04:27 PM
I like Emeka Okafor. He was born in Houston but he's 100% Igbo.

The Duke combeback. Go Huskies.

11th Chamber
01-06-2010, 08:42 PM
I vote for this nigga

http://www.mutombothemovie.com/images/DSC02184.JPG

TSA
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM
^ahhahahahaha, dudes a faggot

there's something i have to make clear

there are no more capitialist ppl in the existence of human kind then africans.
there will never be and has never been. If communism is a shithole idea to some, it's africans

i remember telling a group of friend in nigeria about communism, they did the same finger jesture and curse as you would when you hear someone fucked their baby to death here in the states.

if this guy read lenin odds are he like kwame have nothing to do with communism what so ever.

in africa capitalism is the culture, and this is throughout africa, id say its the one thing we all have in common, we're extreme capitalists.

expecially them fuckin igbos. god damn. there's a city in nigeria call Onitsha that has 1,561,106 ppl.

when markets close at 9ish, there's literally nobody in that city. the city disappears from the map. i kid you not, every single person there is selling something.

EAGLE EYE
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
dammmmmmn I bet Onitsha is a gold mine for pleather. I need to go set up shop.

TSA
01-07-2010, 12:41 AM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39375000/jpg/_39375043_nigerianmarket.jpg
..you have no idea..

ALCATRAZ
01-07-2010, 02:37 AM
the only black man every african must know is easily 2pac ... nigga, did kwame ever drop heat like this??

xX5VCY28_Xo

didnt think so

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by ☭ Armand Sickle ★
I work for my father's construction company in the summers and make mad dough

AHAHAHHhhahaah

LONDON!
01-07-2010, 10:25 AM
rip to kwame toure, he was big, salute, he did his thing, warrior to the end, rip

Sheep Shifter
01-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Respect; this guy knows wussup ^.

Kwame was a g, true revolutionary.

Olive Oil Goombah
01-07-2010, 02:35 PM
i think Armands pops and his business need to be shut down....gotta start small first....we'll get that capitalist big to pay for the wages he gives his son

Sheep Shifter
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Indeed.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
01-07-2010, 03:34 PM
I still don't know why you think communism works. It's been proven not to work on paper and in real life "Its not real communism" and my answer is "exactly" we don't have any capitalist states in the world either. Capitalism doesn't allow for a government with power. A lack of control is less oppressive then a communist state. Communism isn't freedom, communism is slavery. No one gets paid in a communist state. They just get stuff given to them for doing work. The only way to get people to work in a communist state is to punish them for not working. That's wrong. If I don't want to work I shouldn't have to, I'll have to deal with not eating and all that, but thats not a huge issue its my god given right to walk around and just kind of look at things. That, sex, and killing stuff in over the top ways are mankind's three passions.