PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Confederate flag?

check two
09-28-2005, 10:23 PM
I was wondering what people's thoughts are on the Confederate flag? If a thread was already done on this topic recently, my apologies. Some people think the Confederate flag is racist, while others say it's representing southern heritage. I'm not trying to stereotype people, but most of the people I've seen that have the southern flag hanging on their beat up pick up trucks, or have a confederate license plate, have been rednecks. I don't see what positive form of southern heritage that the flag is representing? Slavery? Incest? There is a school nearby here will students were banned from having the flag hanging from their vehicle while they are on school property, and they can't have a shirt with the confederate flag on it. Anyway, what are your thoughts on this topic?

ghostface28
09-28-2005, 10:28 PM
good color combination

heatholdingconceitedmofo
09-28-2005, 10:30 PM
Fagz

iNtell3kT
09-28-2005, 10:39 PM
i think its not worth talkin about

check two
09-28-2005, 10:42 PM
Then you didn't need to reply, cornball.

Big Risk
09-28-2005, 11:28 PM
I think its fucked up when white kids rock it. Theres a black kid at my school that rocks it. Just fucked up

Sicka than aidZ
09-29-2005, 12:01 AM
i can live without the confederate flag. especially if it's used to rep slavery and incest.

crass
09-29-2005, 12:25 AM
southern swastika

thwak
09-29-2005, 12:30 AM
eh I know a couple guys who have it as a sign of southern pride and aren't racist at all. I guess it all depends on the person who is rocking it.

tajeco
09-29-2005, 01:05 AM
The Dukes Of Hazzard have it on their car. Not everyone in the south used it as a sign of hatred and prejudice. For some it's not "white pride", it's "southern pride". My friend's mom has a magnet of the flag on her fridge because she's from Mississippi, and she's cool, really not racist.

crass
09-29-2005, 01:10 AM
i'm not too down with repping any kind of flag.

triggahappy187
09-29-2005, 06:51 AM
Yo I done sweat it let em have it for they own purposes lol I mean we have B.E.T

Wait main there nothin black bout B.E.T an hasn been since Big Tigga

triggahappy187
09-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Or since they aired "Menace to society" back in the day

TeknicelStylez
09-29-2005, 07:08 AM
Fuckin I saw 2 rednecks in a pick up truck with a confederate flag on their pick up truck yesterday, I wanted to catch them at a red light but no such luck....

Soul Controller
09-29-2005, 07:16 AM
who really gives a fuck what the flag means to u.. or to the next man

what u should really check is, who designed the flag, and why they put what they did on it..
and what the symbols mean!

then know what the flag really means!

Analyze
09-29-2005, 07:21 AM
southern swastika
Yep, if the south won..think about it! They are hanging on to a part of history that taught hate and prejudice. Shit, even most Germans dont regard the Nazi times as something to celebrate.

Wu Forever

TeknicelStylez
09-29-2005, 08:28 AM
who really gives a fuck what the flag means to u.. or to the next man

what u should really check is, who designed the flag, and why they put what they did on it..
and what the symbols mean!

then know what the flag really means!Its not about what it was created as, it's about what it represents now. Kinda like Gangs, started out for good purposes, turned out to be bumbling cats shooting eachother and preying on the weak. The swastika wasn't portrayed in the manner we see it as now, but do to the events that occured our perspectives changed. Shit works that way, times are always changing, you can get stuck in the past or keep up.

If I see a redneck on some stupid shit with a confederate flag, and I feel like he has it for bigot purposes, I will beat his ass.

Os3y3ris
09-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Fuck the confederate flag. Its like cats rocking a swastika. Fuck that.

RADIOACTIVE MAN
09-29-2005, 10:39 AM
this is actually a good topic

Taskmaster
09-29-2005, 12:29 PM
i know the confederate flag may seem racist or whatever but listen to this...when i lived in a small town in PA some dude who lived right across the street had a BIG OL flag on his truck...and a mullet. i thought this dude was a racist but my dad...who is black...would drink beer and smoke weed with him...he was my dads friend and wasnt a racist because he wouldnt have even talked to my dad if that was the case...but anyways he rocked the flag cause of his HERITAGE it wasnt because the flag means "hang blacks" its heritage its southern blood and alot of people are proud of those type of things...hell ive even seen black people rock this flag...i say let them rock the flag in peace as long as they dont use it in the wrong manner

check two
09-29-2005, 02:50 PM
this is check two's only good topic

:'(

Soul Controller
09-29-2005, 03:02 PM
Its not about what it was created as, it's about what it represents now. Kinda like Gangs, started out for good purposes, turned out to be bumbling cats shooting eachother and preying on the weak. The swastika wasn't portrayed in the manner we see it as now, but do to the events that occured our perspectives changed. Shit works that way, times are always changing, you can get stuck in the past or keep up.

If I see a redneck on some stupid shit with a confederate flag, and I feel like he has it for bigot purposes, I will beat his ass.

lol thats what I meant!
it was created for that image, the image that u makes u hate it, is what it really symbolises..
and the swastika. the nazis used.. they reversed it.. it was a positive hindu symbol that they reversed thus reverseing the meaning

the hindus 'swastika' is the other way around!

peace

thwak
09-29-2005, 04:46 PM
the swastika symbol means the sun, and has been used in a lot of places before hitler fucked up it's meaning.

But for the most part the confederate flag is more southern pride than "I hate black people". hell it was made because of the south trying to seperate from the north because of tariffs, not because of slavery. realistically slavery wasn't even a main reason we were fighting that war, hell abe lincolin gave black people equal rights just so he could piss off powerful southerners not because it was the moral thing to do. If abe lincolin really did care about slaves having equal rights he would've allowed them into the millitary earlier on which he was even judged on by benjiman wade.

Now I'm not saying that southerners didn't hate black people, they did, but I'm saying that's not the reason the flag was invented. hell that flag only became racist untill after the south lost the war when all the white people blamed black people for the south losing. basically so many southern work forces relied on slaves that when slavery was abolished alot of southerners lost money cause they couldn't run a buissness, so naturally they blamed this all on black people which led directly into the south becoming extremely racist.

but hey if you aren't racist and you rock the flag because of southern pride that's fine by me. if you are racist though and rock it I'll treat you just like any other racist I know and hope you live a sad and lonely life.

Soul Controller
09-29-2005, 04:58 PM
symbol of the sun = positive
reverse the symbol... u get negative
and hitler knew that, check what other 'symbols' the nazi army used.. u will see a lot of the same in circulation in the us of a.

abe lincoln gave black peoples right while 0wning 20 bastard slaves himself
rofl

Mark
09-29-2005, 05:00 PM
http://www.shipmate.nl/f/p/gemeente/alkmaar.gif

^Realest flag ever. I dont care about American flags.

Soul Controller
09-29-2005, 05:09 PM
whats the flag mayo?

Mark
09-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Flag of the city where I was raised: Alkmaar.
And please don't start about the slaves that made Holland rich and about how ghey such a flag is! ;-)

JASPER
09-29-2005, 05:20 PM
AZ AZ AZ AZ AZ ole ole ole!

KANKER JODUUUUUH OLE OLE OLE!

Chea.

ch-chef
09-29-2005, 05:25 PM
i thinks a piece of fabric thats only as deep as people wanna make it....there are no more confederates so that should tell u the significance of it, they lost

brahma
09-29-2005, 06:18 PM
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/footlocker75/logo2.jpg

what ya´ll think of this flag!? this is the official logo of that boxing company. no fake- saw it in a live interview too in the background...

36chambers
09-29-2005, 07:38 PM
moved to KTL, so less knobs will post in it.

blackwisdom
09-29-2005, 10:16 PM
The best-known of all Confederate flags—the battle flag—is often erroneously confused with the national flag of the Confederacy. The battle flag features the cross of St. Andrew (the apostle was martyred by being crucified on an X-shaped cross), and is commonly called the "Southern Cross." A large degree of the Southern population was of Scottish and Scotch-Irish ancestry, and thus familiar with St. Andrew, the patron saint of Scotland. The stars represented the eleven states actually in the Confederacy, plus Kentucky and Missouri. This flag is the flap popularly associated with Robert E. Lee, and is the flag under which he fought.

http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Flags/Battleflag[1].png
http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Confederate_Flag.htm (http://www.sonofthesouth.net/leefoundation/Confederate_Flag.htm)

**Addition**
Any one who reps it reps the same thing, regardless of the intentions. It's the same as wearing a cross with "Jesus" on it. You can wear it and say, "Well I'm not a christian, I just like the way it looks." Regardless you're repping christianity. Same thing applies to this flag. Personally I rep this flag:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d1/Redblackandgreen.PNG

Visionz
09-29-2005, 11:44 PM
A lot of post in here justify the flag as a symbol of Southern pride. I've lived in Texas basically my whole life and I see the flag as racist shit. I would ask them to define what southern pride actually is. I'm down for BBQ's with smoked-out brisket and beer. People here don't seem as high-strung as other places seem to make people and a lot of people from out of state always talkin about how nice people in general are here. That's cool to me, but rockin a fuckin flag for it? I say fuck that, to me it only represents small-minded ingnorance and that isn't cool no matter where you're from.

M.I.C Diesel
09-30-2005, 06:38 AM
A flags history : (origin, & creation/r), are more important than the material it's printed on.. If you gonna rep' something, you should educate yourself on what/who/where/how you are reppin' it, including what angle, which way, how high that it is portrayed in many cases.. Some flags change with time, so it is also worth looking at any alterations made, & which flag of whatever time that you rep..
A flag is deep to many people, whereas some people will just fly anything anywhere, without knowing what impression it may paint for anyone else..

brahma
10-01-2005, 03:37 PM
moved to KTL, so less knobs will post in it.
lol u ridin on a mighty horse huh:W

PJ FlemFlam
10-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Ev'ry state got there own flag,I know about the south especially the heart of dixie,for the ones who stay in the states,That shit was to spook the ones who didn't want ta get it right,refer'n to my black folkz,I know plenty of history especially when dem folkz over seas was at each other necks fo' zhit they didn't even think was wrong,they peepz in england got history too,they been doing zhit fo years,so as the folkz in da south,
All i'm say'n though the flag was meant for representation of the whole got dam south but look trouble don't last alwayz,the north won but even still muthafukaz in da north far as the immigrants thought they had it made even till this day they families think they got it made,but you got ta look at it,The man who owns this country let them do know more than what he'll let'em,so for any group over here think'n it'z all good,zhid all walks of life have been through sumthin one way or another PEACE

check two
10-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Ev'ry state got there own flag,I know about the south especially the heart of dixie,for the ones who stay in the states,That shit was to spook the ones who didn't want ta get it right,refer'n to my black folkz,I know plenty of history especially when dem folkz over seas was at each other necks fo' zhit they didn't even think was wrong,they peepz in england got history too,they been doing zhit fo years,so as the folkz in da south,
All i'm say'n though the flag was meant for representation of the whole got dam south but look trouble don't last alwayz,the north won but even still muthafukaz in da north far as the immigrants thought they had it made even till this day they families think they got it made,but you got ta look at it,The man who owns this country let them do know more than what he'll let'em,so for any group over here think'n it'z all good,zhid all walks of life have been through sumthin one way or another PEACE

huh?

7EL7
10-02-2005, 08:35 PM
i know the confederate flag may seem racist or whatever but listen to this...when i lived in a small town in PA some dude who lived right across the street had a BIG OL flag on his truck...and a mullet. i thought this dude was a racist but my dad...who is black...would drink beer and smoke weed with him...he was my dads friend and wasnt a racist because he wouldnt have even talked to my dad if that was the case...but anyways he rocked the flag cause of his HERITAGE it wasnt because the flag means "hang blacks" its heritage its southern blood and alot of people are proud of those type of things...hell ive even seen black people rock this flag...i say let them rock the flag in peace as long as they dont use it in the wrong manner How do you think a new initiate is converted ?

drink beer with your enemy smoke weed with your enemy

its the art of War

and people talk about the north like if racism doesn't exist there

whats the difference between the conferderate flag and the Usa national ?

southern pride ?

what they proud of ?

Popa Chief
10-03-2005, 01:06 AM
All dat + da fact dat the Confederacy has been politically dead for 150 years.

Bloo
10-03-2005, 02:48 AM
I've never understood the flag, doesn't make any sense to me as to why southerners hold on to it so hard. I've never seen a worse bunch of sore losers in my life. All in all though it's who you are dealing with and what the flag means to them. Does that mean that I accept it? No, cause almost all i've ever seen are negative thinkers who use it to represent their hate and I don't condone that. But at the same time there are the few who actually rep it cause that's how they grew up and don't have any suor feelings towards any race. And there are those who don't know anything about it at all. I have some friends who moved here to FL from Detroit that had no idea what the flag was until my friend and I told them. They bought it cause they thought it was a cool design. They don't teach that shit up there, hell I didn't even know what the flag was until I moved here from Texas, they didn't teach that shit in that part either. But if it wasn't for the fact that I met them before I knew they had that flag I probably wouldn't have even associated myself with them, so in fact I was being just as close minded as most of the folks out there who do rep it. All I can say is be openminded but at the same time cautious.

check two
10-03-2005, 04:52 PM
What exactly are the scrubs implying when they say the south will rise again? I've seen that on bumper stickers and shirts and stuff.

7EL7
10-03-2005, 05:46 PM
they are saying that they want their old america back

the north just figured out a way to make the whole world slaves and the south didn't understand

what flag is this

http://www.publiceye.org/graphics/an4.gif

check two
07-21-2013, 04:37 PM
fq49mdpbIek

knewcheeze
07-22-2013, 11:02 AM
this is knowcheeze....mah account was hacked again...om flattered that mah net stalkers can't battle self on even ground....just an indication of how powerfull eye am...

om wondering why someone would get offended by the confederate flag and not get offended by the amerikkkan flag?

the truth is...the Union winning the civil war was the END of Rich Afrikan slaveholders living in the south.....the begginning of the end was when dat mulatto Jefferson bought all that land from the French...people don't know that as much as a skunky devil Napoleon and the French was....they allowed Rich Afrikan slavemasters to live in peace in the south....

Once T. Jeff bought that land....the rich Afrikan slavemaster dudes started to get pushed out of that land by that new influx of dirty filthy bottom of the totem pole you-rope-ians