PDA

View Full Version : Fat Joe to release The Darkside v.1...

Thworldisyours
01-08-2010, 12:44 PM
From MTV.com

ďThe people gotta understand: I donít give a fuck right now. Itís nothing to be political, nothing to be friends about. My niggas thatís with me is the loyal niggas. Bandwagon niggas donít rock with me. Right now, I tried to give yíall the nice guy. I tried to go, ĎHello, Alohaí ó they donít want Fat Joe to do that. Iímma have to do something that Iím an expert at; itís called Ďkill people.í Thatís why itís The Darkside: Volume 1. Once you get this one, you ainít gonna never want Fat Joe to do anything else. Just know that this new album right here is about to be the skeleton. We about to change how every nigga do their album now. Niggas is gonna have to come hard.Ē

ďHow I figure it, you make all that pretty music, and you ainít selling no records anyway. You might as well do what your strength is. I come from Digginí in the Crates, Big L, Big Pun. I come from this hard shit. Iím not playing with niggas. The mask is off, the gloves is off. We darkiní out, we donít care. We leaving fingerprints at the police scene so they can find it on purpose.Ē

I'm all for this if he makes more records like this...

Agc-LdNRtIM

cap
01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
big words from the fatman. hope he drops some hardcore NY shit. at least he gets it...

BIG D O
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
he needs to start givin us albums like "Represent", "Jealous Ones Envy" and "Don Cartegena" again man....the past 4 have been mostly bullshit...

Thworldisyours
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
big words from the fatman. hope he drops some hardcore NY shit. at least he gets it...

Honestly I think a lot of people saw what Raekwon did last year (release a good, hardcore album for his core fans) and they are following the trend... (i.e. Doe or Die 2, War Report 2)

I mean older NY cats are not going to even have a chance to compete with Jay-Z and the other current pop acts so why alienate your hardcore fans without even gaining any new ones???

angry!
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
joe musta just found an old rhyme book of puns cleaning out a studio!!!!!!

its over crack!!!!! it was over the day pun died!!!!! and joe has alienated his core to the point it no longer exists, niggas checkin for flow joe arent sticking around for dj khaled drops!!!!!!!!!!!

joe gon build a house with his bricks, soundscan been telling him to stop!!!!!!!

cap
01-08-2010, 02:25 PM
Honestly I think a lot of people saw what Raekwon did last year (release a good, hardcore album for his core fans) and they are following the trend... (i.e. Doe or Die 2, War Report 2)

I mean older NY cats are not going to even have a chance to compete with Jay-Z and the other current pop acts so why alienate your hardcore fans without even gaining any new ones???

good point.

Jin10304
01-08-2010, 02:32 PM
He FINALLY realized his DITC/original Terror Squad roots? Too late in the game by now, theres too much bullshit hes dropped to find the real Joe in there anymore

fatboybrandon
01-08-2010, 02:37 PM
damn, he sounds mad. It's good to hear the determination though, he seems confident in bringing back more of his original sound and setting the hip hop world back to street rawness. I agree about the Raekwon OBFCL2 trend also

If he's going to give a balance btwn the party songs and the dark, street songs I prefer the way it was done on JOSE. I like the Aloha song too with Pleasure P, but I guess he feels he's givin too much of that sound lately. I hope he adds on to his street sound though, and not just set out to repeat what he's already accomplished.

Polocash7
01-09-2010, 12:42 AM
Yeah,he gets it,ONLY after repeated failure @ crossing over. Lean Back being a monster but lead to weak sales. U would think he would have learn his lesson after that. Sadly, he kept tryin' & kept failing. Now, he wants his loyal fan base to be understanding. Good Luck

claaa7
01-09-2010, 06:21 AM
Fat Joe Da Gangsta, welcome back to the game.. shit Joe still got it, after 'Loyalty' i wouldn't dream about buying a Fat Joe LP but he's been sprinkling some good hardcore shit in there tho, "That White", "My Conscience" and "Hey Joe" is proof he still can when he wants. i'll be looking forward to this, hopefully he'll reach out to the guys who gave him his start.

it's fucked up the fat motherfucker only speaks on DITC when he can use it to his advantage and other than that totally neglect his past like Terror Squad was the crew he came up with from jump. fuck that.

Afficial_Nastee
01-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Finally, after half a decade of rnb and pop sounding bullshit he realizes that he fell off and needs to come back with that Hardcore NYC stuff....

fatboybrandon
01-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I appreciate his change of music, but he might want to have a less-obvious title than "The Darkness" so people are surprised by the new music, rather than assume everything he's bringing. I hope for MCs and groups to treat their projects as if they were movies, like The Wu, P.E. and Dr. Dre have for years

Frank Sobotka
01-09-2010, 08:46 AM
It's not like he can get any worse, any change is good at this point

Tracks
01-09-2010, 09:56 AM
bottom line, shits dope, +1 for hiphop.

RAW-TASTE
01-09-2010, 06:22 PM
hmmmmm at least hes trying....took him a while though

havent checked for fat joe in years, maybe its time to start again? we'll see

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-09-2010, 06:30 PM
too little too late, I say

he's a hypocrite, to say the least, but I admit I'll listen to The Darkside if it gets the high scores in all reviews..

Pimp
01-10-2010, 09:33 AM
nice shit

ZigZag
01-10-2010, 11:13 AM

Thats EXACTLY what it is. RAE HAS SET THE STANDARD FOR HIPHOP ALBUMS ONCE AGAIN.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-10-2010, 04:55 PM
lol every year had a few great hiphop albums, it's not like OB4CLII is the only one.

but a lot of people were hoping OB4CLII would be a success, proving that '90 rappers can still make an impact [of some sort] in the '09.

claaa7
01-10-2010, 06:32 PM
^ i still would say "Ob4cl2" is heads and shoulders above the very, very majority of albums released since the year 2000. it made the #15 spot on my top 51 list over albums in the last decade.

Hollow Dartz
01-10-2010, 06:35 PM
yeah Raekwon has set another Trend..

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-11-2010, 03:53 AM
^ i still would say "Ob4cl2" is heads and shoulders above the very, very majority of albums released since the year 2000. it made the #15 spot on my top 51 list over albums in the last decade.

yeah, it's probably somewhere there on my list too [not that I'm making a list tho]

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Fat Joe Da Gangsta, welcome back to the game.. shit Joe still got it, after 'Loyalty' i wouldn't dream about buying a Fat Joe LP but he's been sprinkling some good hardcore shit in there tho, "That White", "My Conscience" and "Hey Joe" is proof he still can when he wants. i'll be looking forward to this, hopefully he'll reach out to the guys who gave him his start.

it's fucked up the fat motherfucker only speaks on DITC when he can use it to his advantage and other than that totally neglect his past like Terror Squad was the crew he came up with from jump. fuck that.

he was dope back then even his early 2000 shit like JOSE and Elephant in the room were good lp's and has that hardcore shit but every artist has to try n grow you cannot fault him for trying but when it didn't work you gotta do what cha know best

Thworldisyours
01-11-2010, 01:19 PM
Yeah,he gets it,ONLY after repeated failure @ crossing over. Lean Back being a monster but lead to weak sales. U would think he would have learn his lesson after that. Sadly, he kept tryin' & kept failing. Now, he wants his loyal fan base to be understanding. Good Luck

The problem with Lean Back was that it was released on the 2nd Terror Squad album...

That was Joe's biggest hit and it wasnt even on his album... His next solo album after that was delayed a billion times and when it was finally released had little to no promotion and was a bloated mess... It had some bangers but way too much filler...

Then Joe started to dickride the South and any other trend that was popular and here we are...

Still "Elephant In The Room", his 2nd to last album, was REALLY underrated and overlooked... It had something for everybody really (Wayne collab, Swizz Beatz, Primo, KRS, Alchemist, pop, hardcore, etc...)