PDA

View Full Version : Sadat X readies "Wild Cowboys II" (ill line-up for this one!!)

claaa7
01-09-2010, 08:30 AM
http://cdn.hiphopdx.com/images/news/Sadat_X-Sadat_X_Readies_Wild_Cowboys_II_Album.jpg
HipHopDX.com posted this a few days back and i haven't seen a thread on this yet so here we go. Brand Nubian's Sadat X is set to release a sequel (damn what's up with all these sequels in hip-hop at the moment) to his 1996 debut "Wild Cowboys" which, imo, still stands as his finest LP to date.

the '96 album featured production from Diamond D, Showbiz, Pete Rock and Da Beatminerz amongst others and for this 2010 follow up Sadat has enlisted Pete Rock, Diamond D, 9th Wonder, DJ Spinna, Buckwild, Will Tell and Grants Parks.
Guests is set to include Brand Nubian, AG, Ill Bill, Rhymefest, M1 of Dead Prez, Kurupt and Umi. definitely sounds nice!

the album is currently set for February 23, via Fat Beats!

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 09:59 AM
Oh lord. Another wack Sadat X album hahahahahahahahahahaha. When is he gonna give it a rest? LOL@album cover hahahahahahahahaha. Sadat X's problem with his solo albums is beats. I've always liked his rhymes but i don't like the beats on his albums. I liked about 3 songs on the first Wild Cowboys album. His Education And Experience album was decent. His The State Of New York Vs. Derek Murphy album wasn't that bad either but it should've been a full length album instead of a ep.

Bobby Budknickers
01-09-2010, 10:09 AM
regardless of whether or not that's the album cover that shit is whack as fuck!

a blimp?

a blimp.

a blimp?

sadat is alright tho, i agree his beat selection could be better. i always felt he shined best with his guest appearances.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-09-2010, 06:17 PM
everytime CJ comes to hiphop shop he comments about how this or that rappers problem is wack beats.

ALCATRAZ
01-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Oh lord. Another wack Sadat X album hahahahahahahahahahaha.

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/side86/sm/lol.gifup

first thing i thought ... not 2 mention here we have another rapper trying to bite off rae's success with cl2 (dont front faggits, 100k is a lot)

BIG D O
01-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I'll check for it....

Sadat's last two albums have been good....

Jin10304
01-10-2010, 02:24 AM
Soooo...

Cuban Linx II
Blueprint III
Doe Or Die II
The War Report II
Wild Cowboys II..

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-10-2010, 06:28 AM
what about...

Blueprint 2 was made far before OB4CL2. And I'm sure there must be other albums too

claaa7
01-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Soooo...

Cuban Linx II
Blueprint III
Doe Or Die II
The War Report II
Wild Cowboys II..

Madvillainy II
Blackout! II
J.O.S.E. II
HNIC II

claaa7
01-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Oh lord. Another wack Sadat X album hahahahahahahahahahaha. When is he gonna give it a rest? LOL@album cover hahahahahahahahaha. Sadat X's problem with his solo albums is beats. I've always liked his rhymes but i don't like the beats on his albums. I liked about 3 songs on the first Wild Cowboys album. His Education And Experience album was decent. His The State Of New York Vs. Derek Murphy album wasn't that bad either but it should've been a full length album instead of a ep.

you crazy man, "Wild Cowboys" still stands as Sadat's illest album and mainly because of the ill fucking beats - Diamond D, Pete Rock, Ogee, Buckwild, Showbiz and Da Beatminerz in '96, shiiiit. you didn't like "Escape From New York", "Wild Cowboys", "The Lump Lump", "Hang 'Em High", "Game's Sober" (w/ Money Boss Players), "Stages & Light" and "The Interview" to mention a few?

The "State of New York" EP was nice too, it feature what might be Sadat's best solo song ever - "You Can't Deny" which Diamond D laced crazy nice.

"Experience & Education" was a very solid release, nice beats and good mix of themes as far as lyrics goes. nice guest spots too from Edo G and Bo$$ Money to mention a few.

"Black October" was pretty nice, it could be better but i think it was rushed since Doddy wanted to get a solo album out before his prison time. it had at least 7 really ill joints and the rest was listenable. nothing really wack as far as I remember.

"Brand New Bein'" which Sadat released in 2009 and was fully produced by DJ JS-1 was really dope too. ill fucking beats almost all the way, have you heard this LP yet CJ?

Sadat X easily had a better solo run than Grand Puba who most thought was the illest member of Brand Nubian.

beautifulrock
01-10-2010, 06:54 AM
Lump Lump was my shit back in the day

Jin10304
01-10-2010, 09:08 AM
"Blueprint 2 was made far before OB4CL2. And I'm sure there must be other albums too "

Thats not the point, a sequel album doesnt have to be a part II if its a continuing series. Im stating Jay decided to make another edition of BP, a part III in his series, then FINALLY comes along CL2 and now all these underground rappers art itching for his sales so theyve begun a slew of sequel albums. Jay & Rae started off that trend it seems in 2009

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-10-2010, 09:39 AM
what about HNIC 2? didn't HNIC 2 sell about the same as OB4CLII?

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-10-2010, 10:14 AM
you crazy man, "Wild Cowboys" still stands as Sadat's illest album and mainly because of the ill fucking beats - Diamond D, Pete Rock, Ogee, Buckwild, Showbiz and Da Beatminerz in '96, shiiiit. you didn't like "Escape From New York", "Wild Cowboys", "The Lump Lump", "Hang 'Em High", "Game's Sober" (w/ Money Boss Players), "Stages & Light" and "The Interview" to mention a few?

The "State of New York" EP was nice too, it feature what might be Sadat's best solo song ever - "You Can't Deny" which Diamond D laced crazy nice.

"Experience & Education" was a very solid release, nice beats and good mix of themes as far as lyrics goes. nice guest spots too from Edo G and Bo$$ Money to mention a few.

"Black October" was pretty nice, it could be better but i think it was rushed since Doddy wanted to get a solo album out before his prison time. it had at least 7 really ill joints and the rest was listenable. nothing really wack as far as I remember.

"Brand New Bein'" which Sadat released in 2009 and was fully produced by DJ JS-1 was really dope too. ill fucking beats almost all the way, have you heard this LP yet CJ?

Sadat X easily had a better solo run than Grand Puba who most thought was the illest member of Brand Nubian.

I always like Sadat X over Grand Puba, but still Sadat's solo run has been a run of dope albums and i think like GFK his ear for beats is mad underratted

claaa7
01-10-2010, 10:23 AM
^ exactly

angry!
01-10-2010, 10:42 AM
sadat is still nice... production looks good... ima check for it!!!!!

this nigga been nice forever, he still got it, wild cowboys was ill, this shit sounds ill, let him live!!!!!!

THE MASON
01-10-2010, 11:28 AM
i was always done with Sadat, his new album Brand New Bein was tight, that track he did with C Rayz was dope.

i always thought c rayz and sadat sound similar, voice wise

CharlesJones
01-10-2010, 12:26 PM
Claaa7, i haven't heard Brand New Bein and i don't want to. Black October was the last album of his i heard and i didn't like it. I said i liked 3 songs on Wild Cowboys which were The Lump Lump, The Interview, Stages And Lights. Wera, a lot of good rappers have some wack albums because of bad beats and that's my opinion. You don't have to like my opinion.

Jin10304
01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
"what about HNIC 2? didn't HNIC 2 sell about the same as OB4CLII? "

Closely, it took a while for HNIC2 to reach 140,000 but that album never saw the attention CL2 had nor did any other rapper really take notice of its sales, in the 1st week Raekwon outsold P from 68,000 to his 13,000 and it was quicker for Rae to reach his 139,000