PDA

View Full Version : Do Ya'll Agree With This Scene From Notorious Big Movie?

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
There was a scene in the movie when Derek Luke told Jamal Woolard who was Notorious Big that if he only wanted to do hardcore joints, he was gonna be a broke mixtape rapper. The reason why Derek said this is because they were getting ready to record Juicy song and Derek had put on Mtume's Juicy Fruit song so Jamal could rhyme over it. When Jamal heard Juicy Fruit song, he had this look on his face like you want me to rhyme over that? He said to Derek, the next thing you're gonna tell me is that you want me to dance like MC Hammer hahahahahahahahaha. Derek was like i need some radio joints. He said save that hardcore shit for the b-side. This scene in the movie is typically what happens at these record companies with rappers. The person in charge of the record company tries to dictate to the rappers what type of music they should do to sell records and that upsets a lot of rappers. Even though rappers wanna get paid and sell records, i feel like most of them wanna do strictly hardcore rap instead of radio friendly rap and record companies pressure them into doing songs they really don't wanna do so they can sell records.

My opinion is that i think if Notorious Big would've did strictly underground rap, he would've had some fans anyway because there's gonna be people who will support underground rap. I think he had conflict with Puff Daddy and i'm betting he didn't really like most of the songs on Life After Death album because i think Puffy pressured him into doing more radio songs because you can tell the way the album sounds that it's not as hardcore as Ready To Die.

Frank Sobotka
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Biggie just wanted money, he said he'd rap about flowers if it would help him sell, don't think he was pushed

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 11:20 AM
He said he would rap about flowers to sell records? Hahahahahahahaha. That's stupid to say. I think he said that because he knew he didn't have any job skills to help him get a job if he wasn't a rapper. You see he was a drug dealer before he rapped because he wasn't even thinking about getting a job. That's the typical situation for most rappers from the hood. So many of them won't even try to get a job because they're thinking about getting fast money. That's why so many of them were drug dealers before they rapped.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 11:54 AM
i know people who filled out every application in the city and still couldn't get hired

one of them was the spelling bee champ every year

he had to go sell crack - he used to cry that he had to do that shit -

you ever known any peoples that sold crack CJ ?

talk to them sometimes

Frank Sobotka
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
He said he would rap about flowers to sell records? Hahahahahahahaha. That's stupid to say. I think he said that because he knew he didn't have any job skills to help him get a job if he wasn't a rapper. You see he was a drug dealer before he rapped because he wasn't even thinking about getting a job. That's the typical situation for most rappers from the hood. So many of them won't even try to get a job because they're thinking about getting fast money. That's why so many of them were drug dealers before they rapped.yg3br8KeATY
4:45

Probally right

Tommy
01-09-2010, 12:24 PM
I don't mind rappers making a few mainstream sounding hip-pop tracks every now and then if they are still making real, solid hip hop at the same time. Because who wants to stay broke if you're putting your heart into making good quality music? Puff had the right idea, if it wasn't for Juicy, many people would never have bothered to check out Biggie or many wouldn't have heard him anyway.

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
I don't agree with you. If Juicy would've never got put out, Notorious Big would've still been able to get heard because a record company would've signed him. Sunny Winters, i know that it's hard to get a job but you have to keep trying. I felt like giving up awhile ago when i was unemployed but i kept on filling out applications and i eventually got a call. I know finding a job can be frustrating but you have to keep trying. You also have to go to employment services because they help you get a job. That's what they're there for. They help unemployed people find work but you also have to do what it takes to impress the supervisor meaning you have to wear casual business clothes and shoes and speak proper. Ignorant black men refuse to do those things and that's why so many of them have a hard time getting a job.

Tommy
01-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, but you saw how hard Puff was finding it to promote Big anyway, regardless of his talent (he wasn't exactly Denzel Washington). Juicy catapulted Big straight into the spotlight so he was heard not only by rap fans, but mainstream music fans as a whole. Do you think he would've achieved as much stardom or made as much money if he was trying to release songs like "Suicidal Thoughts", "Ready To Die", "Gimme The Loot" without giving a thought of crossing over? I doubt it severely.

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 12:36 PM
My topic meant to say that do you agree with Derek Luke saying to Jamal that if he only wanted to do underground hardcore rap that he would be a broke mixtape rapper. I don't agree with that statement because there's lots of underground rappers that are getting paid. They may not make a lot of money but i know they aren't rapping for free LOL.

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Tommy, it doesn't always have to be about having a lot of money to be successful. I work 2 jobs and i make enough money to buy food, buy clothes, buy shoes, buy music cd's, buy movies, pay bills, pay rent, have a car. As long as a person has enough money to do these things i mentioned, you can live good. You don't need a damn mansion, 4-5 nice cars, expensive shoes and clothes, expensive jewelry to live good. Yeah Notorious Big may not have been successful with those songs you said but he would've still made enough money to live good.

Afficial_Nastee
01-09-2010, 12:40 PM
yg3br8KeATY
4:45

Probally right

Repped for this interview , I never knew Biggie went to Holland to perform live....

Tommy
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Fair enough. Nah, he was way too good to be broke even if he was just making hardcore shit, but he wouldn't be making the same amount of money that he did. There's not many rap artists that make a lot of money from staying completely hardcore, they need a few tracks to make the public take notice.

The Wu-Tang being the big exception though, lol.

Afficial_Nastee
01-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Fair enough. Nah, he was way too good to be broke even if he was just making hardcore shit, but he wouldn't be making the same amount of money that he did. There's not many rap artists that make a lot of money from staying completely hardcore, they need a few tracks to make the public take notice.

The Wu-Tang being the big exception though, lol.

What about Onyx and M.O.P. ? Okay, they had some "radio friendly" (but they were still pretty hardcore) tracks such as Slam, Cold as Ice and Ante Up but they got paid and laid while keeping it hardcore....

Tommy
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM
What about Onyx and M.O.P. ? Okay, they had some "radio friendly" (but they were still pretty hardcore) tracks such as Slam, Cold as Ice and Ante Up but they got paid and laid while keeping it hardcore....

Yeah, but I'm talking about being major stars here. Onyx have a big following but you can't say they match up to that of Biggie's former mass appeal, and as for M.O.P., well, look how their last album did.

Afficial_Nastee
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
If there is one rapper who blasts away this "you gotta have some radio friendly or less hardcore songs to have mass appeal" theory it's Dark Man location Unknown!!!! DMX didn't have any smooth songs, he kept it raw and hardcore with his raspy voice and his barking throughout the tracks ! Then add up those straight up banga beats and you know who still kept it real!!!!

DMX is the ultimate MC when it comes to getting love and recognition from both mainstream and underground crowds....

Tommy
01-09-2010, 12:58 PM
That is very, very true. I'm still amazed how such an anti-commerical/mainstream rapper like him got so much success in the mass market.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 01:05 PM
what if your hardcore Hip Hop is just good sounding and popular - and it gets played on the radio ?

and becomes popular

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 01:15 PM
Afficial Nastee, i agree with you about DMX. I think he had success because of the record label he was with which was Def Jam. Def Jam did a good job of marketing him and promoting him. I think that's why he sold well. You see what his last album did and that's because he was with a independent label. But i also think his last album sucked because of bad beats. There's plenty of underground rappers with independent labels that have good albums and that's because of good beats. To me it doesn't matter what label you're with because your album can be good if you got good beats. Sunny Winters, i don't know how to answer that question.

Frank Sobotka
01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
what if your hardcore Hip Hop is just good sounding and popular - and it gets played on the radio ?

and becomes popular
Then 80% of the people on here would stop listneing to it

hom1e
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
you ever known any peoples that sold crack CJ ?

Thats the same question I wanted to ask him... Many dudes think that every deeler is a thuged out dude that want to be a rapper, its a shit that rappers put into hip-hoppers minds so they think like this about every drug dealer and guy from streets its like a fasion...

J-DON
01-09-2010, 03:19 PM
I didnt agree with most of the movie besides the chick that played lil kim's tig ol bitties.

movie was ass

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 03:21 PM
No i don't know anybody who sells drugs and i don't wanna know anybody who does that because it's poison to people and it can kill you. Drug dealers are only thinking about getting a lot of money from selling it. They could care less about what drugs does to the person who uses it. The people who buy drugs are stupid because they don't care about their life and they think drugs are gonna make their problems go away.

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 03:22 PM
Whatever J-Don. Notorious movie is good. I wanna fuck Antonique who played Faith Evans LOL. She's hot.

DrunkenMasta303
01-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Drug dealers are only thinking about getting a lot of money from selling it.

what if the white man dont give them a job what else r they supposed to do,
btw drug dealers dont even make that much money anymore, most of em are struggling to pay their rent! jobs >>> dealing

ALCATRAZ
01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
it's no mystery that biggie was more about the money than anything ... you can tell during the later years of his life his music was so sweet and cute LOL

biggie biggie biggie cant you seee sometimes your words just hypnotize meeee GTFOH

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 03:38 PM
LOL@Alcatraz hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Your right and i can see why you said that since you have a picture of 2Pac LOL. Rino, i do wish that black men could get a job from the white man but black men have to do what's necessary to get a job and most of them refuse to do that. I'm talking about wearing the proper clothes and speaking proper when they go to job interviews. My white supervisor told me that he interviewed a black guy for a job position and he said the guy had on shades the whole time and never took them off hahahahahahahahahahaha. He also said the guy had on baggy jeans and sneakers and a toothpick in his mouth LOL. My supervisor said the guy was supposed to be impressing him since he wants a job. I guess you can tell from what my supervisor told me about the guy that my supervisor never called the guy back LOL.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
No i don't know anybody who sells drugs and i don't wanna know anybody who does that because it's poison to people and it can kill you. Drug dealers are only thinking about getting a lot of money from selling it. They could care less about what drugs does to the person who uses it. The people who buy drugs are stupid because they don't care about their life and they think drugs are gonna make their problems go away.

the same can be said about those who package and sell you the food you eat

I'm talking about wearing the proper clothes and speaking proper when they go to job interviews. My white supervisor told me that he interviewed a black guy for a job position and he said the guy had on shades the whole time and never took them off hahahahahahahahahahaha. He also said the guy had on baggy jeans and sneakers and a toothpick in his mouth LOL. My supervisor said the guy was supposed to be impressing him since he wants a job. I guess you can tell from what my supervisor told me about the guy that my supervisor never called the guy back LOL.

maybe that nigga with the shades on could have out worked everybody on the job and saved his boss much money -

these stores are filled with bland watered down silly ass buppy niggas - they look and sound right enough for the job, but they just don't do the job well - i hate going into places of business and seeing these asses

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Whatever Sunny Winters. Let's be realistic here. Most supervisors especially white supervisors aren't gonna hire black guys dressed like that and looking retarded wearing shades. If you were a supervisor, would you hire a black guy looking like that? This is the type of shit i'm talking about that ignorant black men refuse to do the right thing to get a job. Nobody is gonna give you a fucking job because you want one. You gotta do what's required to impress the supervisor.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Whatever Sunny Winters. Let's be realistic here. Most supervisors especially white supervisors aren't gonna hire black guys dressed like that

unless it was russel simmons or jay z going for the job dressed like that

how many million dollar deals did russel make dressed like that ?

fuck a white supervisor - they need to give the jobs to the people who can do the dam job - america is falling because the right people are not in the right positions -

and looking retarded wearing shades. If you were a supervisor, would you hire a black guy looking like that? This is the type of shit i'm talking about that ignorant black men refuse to do the right thing to get a job. Nobody is gonna give you a fucking job because you want one. You gotta do what's required to impress the supervisor.

go ahead and impress a white supervisor by looking and sounding like him

that procedure is for niggas looking for cubicle jobs anyway, punks that gotta ask for bathroom breaks and shit

some leave the interview feeling like maybe they didn't look and sound white enough for the job - niggas bleach they skin and get nose jobs off that mentallity

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Russell Simmons and Mark Cuban can wear what they wanna wear to business meetings because they're millionaires hahahahahahahahaha. I usually see Jay-Z wearing suits and ties in public and i'm sure he wears that to business meetings. You don't have to act white and talk white to get a job. I'm just saying you're supposed to wear the proper clothes to get a job. That's how white america operates. If you wanna wear what you wanna wear to a job, then you need to own your own business. Same thing goes for black men.

ALCATRAZ
01-09-2010, 04:31 PM
could you imagine if pac released a song similar to hypnotize? tha nigga woulda been crucified ahahahahahahahaha

makaveli veli veliiii can't you see ...sometimes ya words just hypnotize meeee ahahahahahahaahahahahahhsdlfjasdfl;jkasdfasd

angry!
01-09-2010, 04:40 PM
movie was wack as fuck!!!!!!

where was easy mo bee at?!?!?! where the the real emcee shit!?!?!!?! shit was a cartoon and bigs man was behind it, diddy can eat a dick!!!!!!!!!

that being said... puff daddy knew what the fuck he was doing with biggie, the way he was marketing the kid was crazy!!!!! the push he gave him was legendary, the street push, shit was next level... puff actually was a genius back then!!!!!!!!!

hom1e
01-10-2010, 11:02 AM

Its not just that simple... I know dudes that sell drugs to support them selfs, they got jobs but in my place avarge firms dont pay enuff to live from it so drug dealing is like a secound job for them, but they aint stupid they got a loyal clientele, they are not goin' to school and sell to teen agers couse it's a worst shit - kids got cauch by police fast and snitch on you...
I aint got nuthing on you but life aint that easy for everybody to got same attitude as you...

main_man
01-10-2010, 12:14 PM
all that wack ass movie proved (unintentionally or not) was what a doucebag biggie was in his actual life. and that none of them bad boy cats had NOTHING AT ALL to do with 2pac getting robbed and shot. they really drive that point home.

but that honey that played faith is a dime, for real.

LORD NOSE
01-10-2010, 12:21 PM
If you wanna wear what you wanna wear to a job, then you need to own your own business. Same thing goes for black men.

wouldn't that be better ?

CharlesJones
01-10-2010, 01:34 PM
Homie, i know life isn't easy to make it but selling drugs is stupid to me because it's not a real job and it's dangerous because guns are involved. I know that getting a job isn't easy and it sucks that you got these bitch ass supervisors who only wanna hire people that are qualified for the position. Unemployed people need to be working and when they're not working, it sucks that they have to do illegal stuff to get money. This is what white america doesn't understand about unemployed blacks. Unemployed blacks especially black men are gonna hustle to get money when they don't have a job because they aren't gonna sit on their asses and wait for a job to call them. They need money now and a fucking welfare check and food stamps isn't enough to live on. Every unemployed black person doesn't wanna be on welfare and i think that's what employed white people think.

Yeah Sunny Winters black men do need to have their own businesses if they don't wanna abide by the rules that white america has when you're trying to get a job. Unfortunately a lot of them don't have the money to have their own business so therefore they gotta do what's necessary to get a job which means you gotta play by the white man's rules or be unemployed and broke.

ALCATRAZ
01-10-2010, 01:35 PM
all that wack ass movie proved (unintentionally or not) was that none of them bad boy cats had NOTHING AT ALL to do with 2pac getting robbed and shot. they really drive that point home.

first of all that movie didn't prove shit because it was just that.... a 'movie'. sean combs had a lot to do with the production of the movie so of course he is gonna try to clear his and big's name, who wouldn't? i already knew this movie would try 2 put some (all) of this on pac ... its how those faggits from bad boy get down

"niggaz talk a lotta shit, but that's after im gone -- cuz they fear me in the physical form" - PAC

CharlesJones
01-10-2010, 01:36 PM
LOL@Alcatraz dissing Notorious Big's Hypnotize song hahahahahahahaha. Your right that 2Pac probably would've gotten dissed if he had made a corny song like that.

CharlesJones
01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Why Puff Daddy and Notorious Big gotta be faggots Alcatraz? LOL. You just mad because your boy 2Pac is dead and that's because of his ignorance. I love 2Pac too but you gotta realize the man has himself to blame for being dead. I don't believe that Notorious Big and Puff Daddy wanted any harm to happen to 2Pac because they were his friends before he started acting crazy and accusing them of stuff that they didn't do to him.

main_man
01-10-2010, 04:43 PM
first of all that movie didn't prove shit because it was just that.... a 'movie'. sean combs had a lot to do with the production of the movie so of course he is gonna try to clear his and big's name, who wouldn't? i already knew this movie would try 2 put some (all) of this on pac ... its how those faggits from bad boy get down

"niggaz talk a lotta shit, but that's after im gone -- cuz they fear me in the physical form" - PAC

no, i agree with you 100%. i was being sarcastic. it was like puffy combs told the producers & director, " make sure ya'll make a point of the fact we didnt have shit to do with 2pacs robbery/hit."
thats why i said wack ass movie.

2pac >> biggie smalls

but i do like biggie as well.

hom1e
01-10-2010, 05:15 PM
2Pac Resurrection was better than Notorious movie... In hi's own words HAHA

hom1e
01-10-2010, 05:20 PM
And they want to do another 2Pac movie just like "The Notorious" straight half-true Actors movie ...

claaa7
01-10-2010, 07:35 PM
when discussing corny songs, then

2Pac's "What's Ya Phone Numba" >>>>>>>>>>>> the corniest song Biggie ever made (and he made quite a few cheesy fucks)

Hollow Dartz
01-10-2010, 07:45 PM
I don't agree with you. If Juicy would've never got put out, Notorious Big would've still been able to get heard because a record company would've signed him. Sunny Winters, i know that it's hard to get a job but you have to keep trying. I felt like giving up awhile ago when i was unemployed but i kept on filling out applications and i eventually got a call. I know finding a job can be frustrating but you have to keep trying. You also have to go to employment services because they help you get a job. That's what they're there for. They help unemployed people find work but you also have to do what it takes to impress the supervisor meaning you have to wear casual business clothes and shoes and speak proper. Ignorant black men refuse to do those things and that's why so many of them have a hard time getting a job.

Your acting like the lyrical content in Juicy is some bullshit. He is spitting some real shit on the mic.

Mai Wang Tu Phat
01-10-2010, 07:52 PM
I don't think there's anything wrong with rapping for money. That's what everyone's usually after; the almighty dollar. Some people don't give a fuck, and that's something I admire.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-11-2010, 05:12 AM
Easy Mo Bee made 6 beats for Biggie on RTD and he's not even mentioned in the movie...the fuck? Teh Notorious movie blows, and CJ is sexually frustrated, cuz he always mentions sex somewhere in his threads...

CharlesJones
01-12-2010, 10:54 AM
Whatever Wera. I get enough intimacy from women. So i'm not frustrated about not having sex. Hollow Dartz, i never dissed Juicy song. All i said was if Juicy would've never been made, he would've still gotten signed by a record company. He may not have gotten signed by a major label but he would've gotten signed because of his skills.

CharlesJones
01-12-2010, 10:57 AM
Why is Notorious movie getting so much hate? Ya'll act like everything about Notorious Big's life should've been included in the movie that wasn't talked about. The movie is good and director George Tillman did a good job and so did the actors.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Whatever Wera. I get enough intimacy from women. So i'm not frustrated about not having sex.

U r not getting what I said.

U r frustrated with sex, and u don't have to admit it, cuz we know.

Also, I wouldn't call paying hookers intimacy.

CharlesJones
01-12-2010, 12:02 PM
What would you call paying hookers for intimacy then? I told ya'll i don't have sex with them. I don't need sex like most men Wera. I can do without it and that doesn't make me a square, lame, weirdo. All i want from a woman when i'm intimate with her is to massage and kiss her feet, kiss her legs, kiss her back and ass, kiss and lick her titties, she kisses my chest nipples and back. That may sound weird to ya'll men but that's all i want from a woman and that's what i like doing to a woman. Men need to stop lying about how long they can have sex with a woman because there's no fucking way you can have sex with a woman for 1,2,3 hours without getting tired. Everybody isn't into the same shit when it comes to sex. Some people like hard rough sex. Some people like kinky sex. Some people like oral sex. Some men like myself like kissing a woman's body and like having a woman kissing their body without having sex.

main_man
01-12-2010, 12:51 PM
What would you call paying hookers for intimacy then? I told ya'll i don't have sex with them. I don't need sex like most men Wera. I can do without it and that doesn't make me a square, lame, weirdo. All i want from a woman when i'm intimate with her is to massage and kiss her feet, kiss her legs, kiss her back and ass, kiss and lick her titties, she kisses my chest nipples and back. That may sound weird to ya'll men but that's all i want from a woman and that's what i like doing to a woman. Men need to stop lying about how long they can have sex with a woman because there's no fucking way you can have sex with a woman for 1,2,3 hours without getting tired. Everybody isn't into the same shit when it comes to sex. Some people like hard rough sex. Some people like kinky sex. Some people like oral sex. Some men like myself like kissing a woman's body and like having a woman kissing their body without having sex.

best.post.ever.

CharlesJones
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Thank you. It's about time somebody on here got some sense like me.

Tommy
01-12-2010, 12:56 PM
I don't understand why the Notorious movie gets so much hate either. Granted, they missed out a few important details and events (Easy Mo Bee for example), and I don't like how they portrayed 2Pac, but it was still a good film. Same way as I don't understand why 8 Mile gets a lot of hate.

CharlesJones
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
Some people are just gonna be haters. That's just the way they are. Little Kim's bitch ass was hating on Notorious because she was mad that the producers and director didn't put her in it LOL. Who wants to see her fucked up face in the movie? Hahahahahahahahaha. The woman that played Little Kim looks better than her LOL. 8 Mile movie is good.

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2010, 02:57 PM
the only thing about biggie's movie that disgusted me was their portrayal of pac ... they made that nigga seem like he should've been in the crazy house not a studio LOL ... but if i'm not mistaken, diddy produced that movie or had a lot of say in it so it doesn't surprise me the first thing he tries to do is clear his and biggie's name ... what a sack of shit ... pac was realer than both those faggits

Tommy
01-12-2010, 04:45 PM
the only thing about biggie's movie that disgusted me was their portrayal of pac ... they made that nigga seem like he should've been in the crazy house not a studio LOL ... but if i'm not mistaken, diddy produced that movie or had a lot of say in it so it doesn't surprise me the first thing he tries to do is clear his and biggie's name ... what a sack of shit ... pac was realer than both those faggits

How is Biggie a "faggit"?

Mai Wang Tu Phat
01-12-2010, 04:50 PM
That's some funny shit.
kiss her back and ass
Oh come on now, no one likes a kiss ass.

CharlesJones
01-13-2010, 10:55 AM
I've had a few black women let me kiss and lick their asses and they liked it.

Afficial_Nastee
01-14-2010, 05:41 PM
Respect for charles jones for admiring and worshipping the woman's body as a whole !

-IrOnBuLL-
01-15-2010, 09:27 AM
i didnt watch it.
never had n never will

CharlesJones
02-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I remember one scene in the movie that made Notorious Big look stupid is when he told Faith Evans that he was gonna let Puff Daddy's employee use his hotel room. He should've never told her that because he could've fucked them 2 bitches that was with him and Faith would've never known LOL. I could tell Faith was gonna go to his hotel room when he said that because of the look on her face LOL.

Dirty Knowledge
02-22-2010, 02:50 AM
when discussing corny songs, then

2Pac's "What's Ya Phone Numba" >>>>>>>>>>>> the corniest song Biggie ever made (and he made quite a few cheesy fucks)

naw son...aint nothing worst than tupac lookin like comin to america in this one:

Mnm0FILNb5M