PDA

View Full Version : Why Does It Take So Long To Get Housing When You Apply For Low Income Housing?

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 01:40 PM
I applied for low income housing last summer and i haven't heard anything yet. I don't make a lot of money. So i should qualify for a apartment. How does low income housing work? How do they determine who should get housing first? I think it's bullshit that if a person has a job, it takes them longer to get housing than a unemployed person. I've heard some bullshit before from my mom's friend who works for the low income housing authority in Alexandria, Virginia that if you make too much money at your job, it could take you longer to get housing than a unemployed person. I might end up having to live with a roommate until i can get my own place and i don't wanna live with a roommate because living with people can cause a problem. I wanna live by myself so i don't have to get into a argument with a person about who's gonna wash the dishes, who's gonna cook the food, why you got your car blocking my car in the driveway, why you bringing people by late at night and they're talking loud and playing the music loud, why you aren't cleaning up the bathroom, how come you aren't paying that much rent, why aren't you working. Those are the type of issues that people have with each other when they're living together. That's why it's best to have your own place by yourself. I wish rent wasn't so damn expensive in the nice neighborhoods because i'm not trying to live in the ghetto.

LORD NOSE
01-09-2010, 01:52 PM
cause so many people are applying - didn't read the post though

CharlesJones
01-09-2010, 01:57 PM
That could be true but it still shouldn't take so long to get housing when you apply. My dad works for low income housing authority in Virginia also and most of his tenants are black and live in public housing. He asked me if i wanted to apply for housing where most of his tenants live and i said no LOL. I ain't trying to live around them ignorant fools.