PDA

View Full Version : Who can sing like this?

Cee Oh Vee
01-09-2010, 04:34 PM
Minnie Riperton singing "Loving you" (all 5 octaves of it)...

She wrote this song for her baby daughter. Aww.

kE0pwJ5PMDg

"Making love" obviously doesn't need to be sexual.

Martial-Expert
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Shes amazing, "Inside my love" is one of my favourite soul songs ever

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-22-2010, 05:12 PM
mariah prolly came the closest.

but check out this

DbMoScxHFGU

oDoUoSoKo
01-23-2010, 01:08 AM
lmao this shit is about maya rudulph? wow...even she woulda hit that.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-23-2010, 07:16 AM
Minnie Riperton was God.

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
I wasn't a Minnie fan but she could sing. I like her Memory Lane song. Inside My Love song sucks but rappers Freeway and A Tribe Called Quest sampled it. I saw a documentary about her on TV One's Unsung. So sad how she died young. She was cute.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 01:19 PM
her lyrics were mad explicit too

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 01:37 PM
How were her lyrics explicit? LOL. She never cursed.

LORD NOSE
01-23-2010, 01:43 PM
dam she got her throat slit

who would do that shit

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 02:00 PM
How were her lyrics explicit? LOL. She never cursed.

You can see inside me, will you come inside me
Do you wanna ride, inside my love

and there was another one where shes talking about cum in her hair and shit, i cant remember the name right now but its on the same album

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh ok. I see what your saying now LOL.

J-DON
01-23-2010, 02:59 PM
lol gtfo out of here with aaliyah. aaliyah was a decent singer at best she did not have strong vocals.

Mumm Ra
01-23-2010, 09:36 PM
downloaded all of Minnies albums yesterday, this is some dope shit
can't believe i haven't stumbled upon her music before
not only is she good with the vocals but nearly all her tracks are expertly produced
props to threadstarter

oDoUoSoKo
01-23-2010, 10:35 PM
dam she got her throat slit

who would do that shit
who? riperton had cancer

Longbongcilvaringz
01-24-2010, 01:55 PM

and there was another one where shes talking about cum in her hair and shit, i cant remember the name right now but its on the same album

She's talking about God.

You imbecile.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-24-2010, 02:23 PM
lol gtfo out of here with aaliyah. aaliyah was a decent singer at best she did not have strong vocals.

did you even listen to the song i posted? listen to that song tell me she didnt have 'strong vocals' smh

especially between 0:10-0:20 . Aaliyah had one of my favorite voices of all time.

no ones saying shes 'as good as' minnie riperton you queef, but you obviously dont know much about Aaliyah but are keen to put her down, when everyone knows how great her voice was.

CharlesJones
01-24-2010, 02:29 PM
It amazes me that ya'll wack asses will respond to wack shit like Minnie Riperton but i posted a topic about 2 good Dramatics albums and good 80's funk r&b artists saying that r&b music died after the 80's and nobody responds to those topics. I'm not even posting in this forum anymore because ya'll don't know shit about good music. Fuck Minnie Riperton's wack ass boring songs. So what that she could sing. Her music is boring.

Mumm Ra
01-24-2010, 02:33 PM
i always thought aaliyah was the last good singer that made it big
all these fucks nowadays suck and sound the same

Mumm Ra
01-24-2010, 02:36 PM
go to hell CJ ive been listening to minnie riperton the last two days going through her entire catalog
her discography SHITS on the dramatics from what ive heard so far
and "whatcha see is whatcha get" is damn near my favorite song of all time

CharlesJones
01-24-2010, 02:46 PM
You have lost your damn mind if you think Minnie Riperton's albums are better than The Dramatics albums i posted about. Those Dramatics albums i posted shits on all of Minnie's albums hahahahahahahahahahaha. Fuck her wack ass songs.

Mumm Ra
01-24-2010, 02:52 PM
i dunno what dramatics albums you posted
but i have every last one on my hard drive

CharlesJones
01-24-2010, 03:22 PM
You didn't read my Dramatics topic yet? I posted it yesterday. Don't tell me Shake It Well and Any Time Any Place albums aren't good because if you don't like them, you don't know what good music is. Aaliyah's music sucked too. Her 2nd album had some pretty good songs but most of her songs are boring. Back And Forth song is my jam though. Her last album was terrible except for More Than A Woman song. I like her Need Somebody song on Dr Doolittle soundtrack and i like the song she did with DMX for Romeo Must Die soundtrack.

Mumm Ra
01-24-2010, 03:51 PM
lol all i said was aaliyah was a great singer, i actually agree with you on her music - i only keep about 4 tracks of her's on my ipod
minnie on the other hand...she's a great singer and has some great production (imo) on top of it
ill have to get back to those dramatics albums tho...........its been a little while

Poetic Wun
01-24-2010, 04:29 PM
i think its a great song... she was amazing

fatboybrandon
01-24-2010, 08:39 PM
It amazes me that ya'll wack asses will respond to wack shit like Minnie Riperton but i posted a topic about 2 good Dramatics albums and good 80's funk r&b artists saying that r&b music died after the 80's and nobody responds to those topics.

I've got some songs for for that thread coming for you soon Charles, I definitely think it died in a sense, but have some contemporary joints you might like.

I always thought Minnie was alright, and to answer who can sing like her I would choose Patrice Rushen. I hear alot of similarities between them, they come from the same musical frame of mind as female vocalists in making mellow, jazz-influenced R&B with alot of Fender Rhodes parts. Patrice is light years better than Minnie though, a more talented and accomplished musician.

that 's a real nice thing Minnie did for her daughter, the songs of the 70s artists dedicated to their loved one's were great

Longbongcilvaringz
01-24-2010, 11:33 PM
It amazes me that ya'll wack asses will respond to wack shit like Minnie Riperton but i posted a topic about 2 good Dramatics albums and good 80's funk r&b artists saying that r&b music died after the 80's and nobody responds to those topics. I'm not even posting in this forum anymore because ya'll don't know shit about good music. Fuck Minnie Riperton's wack ass boring songs. So what that she could sing. Her music is boring.

Between Ghostlaced's and your responses, this thread contains some of the dumbest shit ever said.

Cee Oh Vee
01-25-2010, 08:48 AM
Between Ghostlaced's and your responses, this thread contains some of the dumbest shit ever said.

lol.

CharlesJones
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Sean Bateman, you trying to diss my comments because i'm tripping that nobody responded to my topics? Sean you alright with me because most of the time you respond to my topics because you got good taste in music but most of the people in this forum like wack music i see because my topics get no responses and it's really a shame that the people on here don't know what good music is. I posted a topic awhile ago about R Kelly's new album and i got only 2 responses i think and R Kelly shits on all the new r&b singers hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Most of R Kelly's albums are better than all the new r&b singers albums. So i just laugh when people don't respond to my topics because i can imagine what ya'll clowns be listening to in your homes and in your cars LOL.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
You have issues with understanding the concept of difference of opinion.

Minnie Riperton, in a lot of people's opinions, made some great tracks and albums and had an amazing voice.

Deal with it.

CharlesJones
01-31-2010, 02:01 PM
Sean Bateman, don't be tripping on me because you and these other clowns on here like gay ass music hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's why you got Prince's dick in your mouth LOL. Why don't you hook up with him so you can be his boyfriend? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-31-2010, 02:04 PM
She's talking about God.

AHAHAHAHhahaahahahahahH!H!!!!

jezus

your naive

Uncle Steezo
01-31-2010, 04:25 PM
Sean Bateman, don't be tripping on me because you and these other clowns on here like gay ass music hahahahahahahahahahahaha. That's why you got Prince's dick in your mouth LOL. Why don't you hook up with him so you can be his boyfriend? Hahahahahahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Sean can't handle CJ's realness.

CharlesJones
02-13-2010, 02:38 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. My topics get no love. Whenever i post about good r&b music, i get about 1 or 2 responses. But these clowns on here be posting about these wack ass singers with their boring music and a million people respond hahahahahahahahahahaha. I laugh at the topics that get posted in this forum.