PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Lamont left aftermath...

hom1e
01-10-2010, 09:24 AM
So another artist left Dre....

"Bishop Lamont left Aftermath. He was supposed to be introduced to the world after the upcoming Detox Album. Still no one can tell when or where the release is going to be.

Things are lined up but yet uncertain. Bishop decided not to wait and made a clear cut decision of leaving not wanting to wait that long. It was no matter standards, bad luck or behaving just simply missing patience, but listen to the interview with Shade45 below:

http://www.aftermathmusic.com/audio/bishoplamont/bishopspeaks_aftermathmusic.mp3"

The article is from aftermath site - http://www.aftermathmusic.com/blog/?p=1181

It's imposslible to release an album in this fucked up label.

Meta4
01-10-2010, 11:48 AM
shit was inevitable. yos album shoulda been out almost 2 years ago. I honestly thought Bishop was gonna get right with aftermath. But after HIM leaving I dont know why anybody would ever sign to them. maybe for exposure knowin you can jus leave later kinda like Joell did.

Mcthuggin99
01-10-2010, 12:12 PM
at least he can finally drop his album

Edgar Erebus
01-10-2010, 04:35 PM
^^ I didn't listen to the interview, but I'm not sure that he even owns his masters.

Mcthuggin99
01-10-2010, 04:49 PM
^^ I didn't listen to the interview, but I'm not sure that he even owns his masters.
he said the label let him get them

main_man
01-10-2010, 04:51 PM
i guess the signing bonus might be cool but if you want to get heard NEVER SIGN TO AFTERMATH. period.

sickdog
01-11-2010, 04:29 AM
lol i knew this is going to happen. any way lamont sucks so i dont really care.

P-Noid Brown
01-11-2010, 08:20 AM
lol i knew this is going to happen. any way lamont sucks so i dont really care

wow... this was a brave statment^^^.... bishop is one of the nicest......but anyway this was the moment i feared.. i guess we will never hear that Bishop and Rza collabo.....this sucks!!!

wtf dre??!?! you sign the hottest niggaz and fuck them all except snoop, em and somewhat 50 !? get ya shit together stop dissing the real niggaz!

claaa7
01-11-2010, 09:02 AM
wtf dre??!?! you sign the hottest niggaz and fuck them all except snoop, em and somewhat 50 !? get ya shit together stop dissing the real niggaz!

word Aftermath is super shady and Snoop was never on the label anyway. if you check the discography of the label you will see that Dre doesn't support his artsists - the only artists on Aftermath to release more than a single album is Eminem and 50 Cent; the multi million selling acts. for artists like Busta Rhymes that dropped a hot album but only went gold, didn't get a second LP invested in and got dropped from the label. and then you got cats like Rakim, Raekwon, Joell Ortiz and now Bishop Lamont who wasted years on the label without barely getting to put out a single. shame.

fatboybrandon
01-11-2010, 09:26 AM
Bishop is another Aftermath artist that I thought showed potential from various mixtapes and guest spots, I kind of forgot about him after awhile, not because he's not talented but because he hasn't been as productive with his music output. He had some good songs with beats from Focus and DJ Khalil just when they were starting to emerge.

A few MCs who were on 2001 I would have liked to hear more of, I don't know what's goin on at that label. Who knows what the problem is, I won't speculate though since I never worked there and don't know anyone on Aftermath.

King Tee was anotha who had ties to Aftermath & Dre production at one time, also Phantasm of Cella Dwellas. I would've liked to hear their work on that label too

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-11-2010, 10:46 AM
word Aftermath is super shady and Snoop was never on the label anyway. if you check the discography of the label you will see that Dre doesn't support his artsists - the only artists on Aftermath to release more than a single album is Eminem and 50 Cent; the multi million selling acts. for artists like Busta Rhymes that dropped a hot album but only went gold, didn't get a second LP invested in and got dropped from the label. and then you got cats like Rakim, Raekwon, Joell Ortiz and now Bishop Lamont who wasted years on the label without barely getting to put out a single. shame.

Raekwon said he never signed because the deal wasn't looking right

Joell left because he wanted to do his album with his buzz riding high off the brick: the bodega chronicles at the time was big for a new artist like him

Rakim i dunno still took him half a decade to do another lp anyways

Eve originally signed to them and the resigned a few years a joint venture with aftermath and swizz beatz label but then as she was getting buzz the deal went sour

Mcthuggin99
01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
if you listen to his radio interview, bishop said that his single Grow Up was getting heavy play on the west coast stations but Aftermath told the stations to stop playing it. that sounds weird to me. and he said that he was trying get out for a while

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2010, 04:06 AM
who?

BRONZBODY
01-12-2010, 09:28 PM
damn that sucks...bishop lamont is nice.

Little Corey
01-13-2010, 08:41 AM
it's sad to see aftermath take so long to actually release his CD, Just the same as they do to everyone they hire - stat Quo and cashis ect. I'm sure he will get signed and have a cd out very shortly. If you don't know who he is take a look at some of his good songs.

bishlop lamont - missile testing
bishlop lamont - i am a soldier
bishlop lamont - My Opinion

I first heard him in the video game true crimes where he had a song of his play.

Meta4
01-13-2010, 11:21 AM
his Nigger Noize joint IS MY SHIT. I still bump it like when it dropped

Frank Sobotka
01-13-2010, 12:23 PM
it's sad to see aftermath take so long to actually release his CD, Just the same as they do to everyone they hire - stat Quo and cashis ect. I'm sure he will get signed and have a cd out very shortly. If you don't know who he is take a look at some of his good songs.

bishlop lamont - missile testing
bishlop lamont - i am a soldier
bishlop lamont - My Opinion

I first heard him in the video game true crimes where he had a song of his play.

YOu have to add halleluja

Mcthuggin99
01-13-2010, 05:59 PM
YOu have to add halleluja
http://www.maddengurus.com/forums/images/smilies/shaq.gif

fQeCDb99wNU

hom1e
01-14-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah Halleluja iz phat! But more than Bishop I wanted to see Stat Quo album, Bishop was the secound. Anyway they work with Slim Da Mobster now, Get Paid joint is kind'a tight.

ZFSiW9BRLUA

Frank Sobotka
01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
Yeah Halleluja iz phat! But more than Bishop I wanted to see Stat Quo album, Bishop was the secound. Anyway they work with Slim Da Mobster now, Get Paid joint is kind'a tight.
Dre is also working with earl hayes now I heard.

hom1e
01-14-2010, 02:13 PM
Dre is also working with earl hayes now I heard.

Yeah, but the problem is that he works with almost everybody in the indusrty and nuthin' actually comes from it. I don't believe that Slim will do something real big with the Math besides writing for Dre...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-14-2010, 02:18 PM
his Nigger Noize joint IS MY SHIT. I still bump it like when it dropped

yeah i got that shit too

Frank Sobotka
01-14-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, but the problem is that he works with almost everybody in the indusrty and nuthin' actually comes from it. I don't believe that Slim will do something real big with the Math besides writing for Dre...I would say that we would see an album if slim got really big but dre din't push hittman either.

claaa7
01-14-2010, 02:31 PM
Raekwon said he never signed because the deal wasn't looking right

but at first he said that Dre was really interested and they were gonna start working on that shit and then Dre just turned his back and said "naah kid, i gotta focus on my Detox project".

[/quote]Joell left because he wanted to do his album with his buzz riding high off the brick[/quote]

in other words; he realized that by staying with Aftermath he wasn't gonna get to release anything anywayz.

Rakim i dunno still took him half a decade to do another lp anyways

he had a whole album done on Aftermath, it's just that Dre tried to force Ra to go on the whole gangster image and tried to tell him what to rhyme about. the album was mostly produced by other Aftermath cats tho, he decided to scrap it and record all new tracks for "The 7th Seal".

Eve originally signed to them and the resigned a few years a joint venture with aftermath and swizz beatz label but then as she was getting buzz the deal went sour

word, forgot about her. but the bottom line still stands - if you get to drop an album on Aftermath and you don't sell multi-platinum you're getting dropped from the label :S

Frank Sobotka
01-14-2010, 03:23 PM
if you get to drop an album on Aftermath and you don't sell multi-platinum you're getting dropped from the label :S

Like I said, hittman should atleast go platinum for all the work on 2001