PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno taking back over his original timeslot?

check two
01-10-2010, 03:21 PM
There has been a lot of controversy lately involving this. It was made definite now that Jay Leno's 10:00 show is finished in February, and they are giving him back his 11:35 time also. They are thinking of moving Conan to 12:05 and Fallon to 1:05. Though, neither of them have agreed to that yet. NBC is in shambles. What do you think about this crap?

KZA
01-10-2010, 09:22 PM
terrible move.

Art Vandelay
01-10-2010, 09:37 PM
i think jay is a scumbag, she should just bow out gracefully. he fucked letterman over years ago with the tonight show, now he is doing the same to conan.

also, there was a stipulation in concan's contract that if he didn't get the tonight show, he would be given $25 million or something like that. i wonder if the actual stipulation states that the show has to be on at 11:30. will be interesting to see.

oDoUoSoKo
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
fuckin a hole

angry!
01-11-2010, 01:03 AM
lenos a hack but son was killin at 11 30!!!!!!!! now hes flopping!!!!!!!

even still leno and conan should be safe when jimmy fallon and carson galy are doing shows for the same network!!!!!!!

jimmy fallon is the definition of a no talent ass clown!!!!!! couldnt generate a laugh with gas!!!!! limp wrist carson still showcasing his favorite grunge bands on his shit show!!!!!!!!! id go to fox to distance myself!!!!!!!!!

check two
01-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Conan said that he is rejecting the decision to move his show to a later time slot after Jay Leno. I wonder if Conan might try to go to another network?

Art Vandelay
01-12-2010, 04:48 PM
i hope conan sticks to his guns. jay leno is really a scumbag for doing this. conan claims he has no other offers and hopes that nbc will reconsider, but he says he won't move the show back 30 minutes. good for him.

baby jesus
01-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Jay Leno Is Such A Douchbag I Was Happy To See His Show Fail I Should Of Known He Would Run Right Back And Steal His Old Time Slot Back.

Little Corey
01-13-2010, 09:21 AM
I believe on TMZ they stated Conan was going to get $80 million for his contact or he could move to another spot. Personally i think it was a terrible move like really who listens to jay i find him way to boring.

check two
01-13-2010, 02:08 PM
They are saying Conan might move to Fox.

Art Vandelay
01-15-2010, 12:11 AM
TMZ is reporting that NBC just reached a deal for Leno to become host of the tonight show again. that's 1135-1235. conana is out completely

oDoUoSoKo
01-15-2010, 12:14 AM
smfh...boycotting that fuckin stupid ass show then

Kenny Powers
01-15-2010, 01:18 AM
yeah this is fucked. its making me start watching conan again, hes being mad funny about the whole situation.

letterman too:
A98_-EeXS_I

triPAUD
01-15-2010, 02:47 AM
i think jay is a scumbag, she should just bow out gracefully. he fucked letterman over years ago with the tonight show, now he is doing the same to conan..

qft

oDoUoSoKo
01-15-2010, 09:46 AM
yeah this is fucked. its making me start watching conan again, hes being mad funny about the whole situation.

letterman too:
A98_-EeXS_I
lmao

hectis
01-15-2010, 11:55 AM
that is a bitch move by Leno and NBC

11th Chamber
01-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Stupid move by Leno having Kimmel on his show. Great to see Jimmy ripping into him the whole time

oDoUoSoKo
01-15-2010, 01:10 PM
agreed..he was mad funny..eloels.

check two
01-15-2010, 08:07 PM
axwO6BkCtIo

the silencer
01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
"Conan and I have children to take care of, all you have is cars. Please leave our shows alone"

WOW

check two
01-16-2010, 09:39 PM
"NBC is going to keep some of the characters and sketches that Conan has used on his two shows over the years because they are the intellectual property of the network, including the Masturbating Bear, Pimpbot, Conando, and even the popular In The Year 3000 bit."

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 09:45 PM

that sucks when that shit happens, but there are always ways around that, though. they could do in the year 4000, masturbating hippo, etc.

check two
01-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Yeah, plus they haven't been using some of those characters lately on the show. I heard Conan might use a masturbating peacock. ha ha

oDoUoSoKo
01-17-2010, 02:15 AM
"NBC is going to keep some of the characters and sketches that Conan has used on his two shows over the years...Conando..."
that blows

Jin10304
01-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Apparantly it was never Jay's decision to take back the 11:30 Tonight Show, it was NBC who asked him and he just complied...

LOS ANGELES – Longtime members of Jay Leno's TV staff spoke up for their boss, saying he's being wrongly cast as the bad guy in NBC's late-night upheaval.

"Any idea that Jay has forced the issue to get back on `The Tonight Show' is not true," said producer Jack Coen, who has worked with Leno for 14 years. "The network asked him to make a compromise. He's being a good soldier, and he's being trashed."

Leno, typically cast as an easygoing everyman, has faced online chatter and some reports suggesting he's wresting "Tonight" from Conan O'Brien. Tracie Fiss, a co-producer who has worked with Leno for 18 years, said her reaction to such characterizations is "frustration."

"Jay doesn't have the power to make these decisions. The decisions are made by NBC," she said.

Settlement talks continued Sunday on a deal that would let O'Brien leave NBC and "Tonight," and put Leno back into the 11:35 p.m. EST time slot he occupied for 17 years through last spring. NBC is dropping "The Jay Leno Show," his disappointing prime-time show that debuted last fall at 10 p.m.

A proposed deal would give O'Brien more than $30 million for leaving and allow him to go to another network as early as this fall, according to people familiar with the talks, who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to publicly discuss the negotiations.

After O'Brien rejected NBC's initial plan to move him and "Tonight" to midnight EST and give Leno a half-hour show at 11:30 p.m. EST, the flap became monologue fodder for them and for other late-night hosts. The exchanges, which grew increasingly pointed and with Leno often the target, have been widely reported.

Appearing by satellite last week for Leno's "Ten at Ten" question-and-answer segment, ABC's Jimmy Kimmel was asked to relate his best prank ever. Kimmel replied that he told a guy five years ago that he'd give him his show, and "then I took it back."

It was a thinly veiled reference to Leno's agreement in 2004 to surrender "The Tonight Show" to O'Brien last year.

Coen, who worked on "Tonight" with Leno and is a producer on Leno's prime-time show in charge of writing, said such barbed humor isn't unusual among comedians but contends it's being misinterpreted in news reports.

"It's interesting to be on this side of the story and see how it's being reported. They act as if he's the corporate lapdog but also the master marionette forcing these issues," Coen said.

If Leno emerges with "Tonight" but with his image scarred, it could have ramifications for him and his show.

Meanwhile, O'Brien's battle with his network certainly hasn't hurt his ratings. With his jabs at NBC network executives apparently resonating in a country filled with unemployed, viewership has soared.

"Tonight" ratings Friday were 50 percent higher than they've been this season, and O'Brien beat CBS' Letterman, according to a preliminary Nielsen Co. estimate based on large markets. In the 18-to-49-year-old demographic on which NBC relies to set advertising prices, O'Brien even beat Leno's prime-time show.

O'Brien's team sees the ratings as vindication. His manager, Gavin Polone, on Saturday compared it to when Leno, trailing Letterman in the ratings in the mid-1990s, drew attention for the memorable appearance of Hugh Grant after his arrest. Leno passed Letterman in popularity and never looked back.

"People who never watched Conan before are saying, `I'll try it,'" Polone said. "Now they're saying, `This is good, I'll stick with it.'"

It's doubtful they'll get the chance. O'Brien sounded halfway out the door on Friday's show, an exit prompted by his refusal to move his show to 12:05 a.m. at NBC's request. "By the time you see this, I'll be halfway to Rio in an NBC traffic helicopter," he said in his monologue.

check two
01-21-2010, 02:31 PM
The Masturbating Bear was on last night after a lengthy absence. lol

Art Vandelay
01-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Apparantly it was never Jay's decision to take back the 11:30 Tonight Show, it was NBC who asked him and he just complied...

well yeah, but you got to understand the scumbagness of this decision... no matter whose idea it was, jay leno came out 5 years ago and said he was handing over the tonight show to conan. that conan was a great guy and he wouuld do a great job and he was happy to comply...

now, conan refuses to move his show to 12am so nbc says to leno, if we fire conan will you take over the tonight show again. he said yes.

if leno would have been a stand up guy and said no, nbc would not have been able to fire conan. nbc owes conan and leno too much money to fire them both and hire another person to take over the tonight show. leno knows this, and he is a fucking asshole.

angry!
01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
i just watched that kimmel/leno bit...

kimmel went in!!!!!

lenos a fuckin robot, he needs a script to convey emotion!!!!!!

his reps taking a big hit, seniors are still gonna watch jay since thats been jays prime target since day 1!!!!!! jay was dying his hair grey before it happened naturally to get that market!!!!!!!!!!!

i bet howard sterns been eating this dude alive on the daily, i dont get sirius but howard used to shit on jay hard back in the day before it was popular!!!!! im sure hes burning that ether oil all day during this mess!!!!!!!

Art Vandelay
01-21-2010, 03:44 PM

yeah stern has been talking about it nonstop. he says he was invited to do conan's show to be his final guest and that he'd love to do it, but doesn't feel like flying out to LA. hopefully he does

Art Vandelay
01-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Howard Stern and Rosie O'Donnell bash Jay Leno

pZ2fZH2XqNw

jJVH6SzYRlk

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
i agree with louis ck

"I never saw The Tonight Show. When I was a kid, that was Johnny Carson's show, and it was kind of what old people watched. People my age watched Letterman. To me, that was the thing. It was Letterman first, and then The Tonight Show. When Letterman really wanted The Tonight Show, I didn't understand it, because he had his own show called Letterman. And when they rejected him, he went and got Letterman again. He's doing great.

"Conan had Conan. Nobody really called that Late Night anymore. That's how much he made the show his. That was Conan, and I don't know why you'd want to give that up to host The Tonight Show, that old, shitty thing.
"I mean, who cares? Let Jay have it, you know?" said C.K.

fuck that show. Conan can do alot better than that. He should have a sketch show or something. having to sit through bullshit interviews with schlebs promoting their newest product every night? Who cares

Art Vandelay
01-21-2010, 04:14 PM
howard stern warned conan 3 years ago that leno wouldn't let him have the tonight show....

voCiTdBL8nc

angry!
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
rosies a fat obnoxious dyke thatd kill to have a dick.....

that being said that radio burn is etherous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

those donald trump sonnings she recieved sharpened her blade!!!!!!!

good looks on that link art shit got me feelin weak!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 04:26 PM
haha Stern hit the nail on the head

Art Vandelay
01-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Artie Lange (formerly) of the Howard Stern show predicting conan's future...

zzus6EmTgFw

BRONZBODY
01-21-2010, 07:57 PM
you know...i remember howard stern basicaly giving conan a warning about leno back in like 05-06....and look what happened.

stern called it man......

BRONZBODY
01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
howard stern warned conan 3 years ago that leno wouldn't let him have the tonight show....

voCiTdBL8ncbeat me to it...

the silencer
01-21-2010, 10:27 PM
FUUUUUUUCK JAY LENO...

fuckin idiot...

i agree tho that Conan had it made, he had a cult following with his little show and now he's stuck in a mess altho i'm sure he'll come back big with somebody or somethin (part on 30 Rock maybe? who knows...)

Jin10304
01-22-2010, 10:50 AM
TODAY IS CONANS LAST SHOW.............NBC has paid him 45 million and is letting him get outta contract.