PDA

View Full Version : To all you Mobb Deep Fans, Havoc breaks down The Infamous Instrumentals Album

Jammin
01-12-2010, 08:03 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SJktC8waL._SS500_.jpg

i wrote it so iam sorry if theres mistakes ...but if you see it on another website, you know where u read it first! here it is:

01. Shook Ones pt1 1 Produced by Mobb Deep
This was just me and Prodigy messing around with new equipment, the both of us just came up with this beat. At the time we didn't realize how special this track really was. We were young in the game and at the same time just happy to make music.

E_k45nCOvDE

02. Shook Ones Pt.2 Produced by Mobb Deep
Both P. and I were a little disappointed with our first record (Juvenile Hell on 4th & B'Way 1993), so when we made the switch to Loud Records, we knew we had to step our game up. We wanted to come up with something hard. Hard beats and Hard Lyrics I Can't even remember the sample. Prodigy's grandfather was a Jazz musician, so we had a whole bunch of records from him, like a couple of crates. At That Time I Was Sampling a whole lot of Jazz records using the EPS + (aka EPS-16+ / Ensoniq Performance Sampler). I made that beat at P's Grandparent's Crib, it was a bunch of us block niggas just chillin.

LdInAweNti0

03. Give Up The Goods (Just Step) Produced By The Abstract (Q-Tip)
One of my all time favorite groups is A Tribe Called Quest. Their Music was such an influence for me and Prodigy, growing up as kids in Queens. When we were recording The Infamous, we wanted to make sure we did everything right. We reached out to Q-Tip to come and work for the record with us. Q-Tip's main objective was to help us mix the record, we were just chillin'one day and he started to flip this beat right here, so we were like "Fuck it, let's run with this right here". We listened to him and trusted his judgment, at the time it was crazy for us because both P and I really looked up to Q-Tip.

UwRuVpZcBg0

04. Survival Of The Fittest Produced By Mobb Deep
This beat came from the same batch of Jazz records from P's grandparent's crib. We were just trying to make something that people can bang their head too. We were still bummed on our first records, so with Survival we wanted to make a hit.

t9pc6Qr946g

05. Front Lines (Hell On Earth) Produced By Mobb Deep
With this beat, I knew I was making a banger. I was really confident with my sound because at that time we had already went gold and the bigger budgets started to come in. I played the beat for P and the rest is history

XlqaVjks3n8

06. It's Mine Produced by Havoc & Prodigy
Working with Nas on this joint was crazy! Prodigy and I were in the studio writing to the beat, we knew Nas was on the way, so we all knew we had to step it up for this one and come correct.

2czz1fxNu3E

07. Quiet Storm Produced By Havoc
Now I'm messing with the Korg-Triton (synthesizer & sampler) and "White Lines" (Grandmaster Flash & Melle Mel) was a track I always wanted to sample. It wasn't until Prodigy rhymed and we did the chorus that I saw the potential of this song. We had no idea that the impacet of this track would be as crazy as it was. Performing this song in NYC at that time was incredible, there's no drug out there that can compare to the feeling I got performing this song, even till this day. A lot of people have asked why the production credit on the early records was listed as Mobb Deep and then later it was changed to Havoc (starting with Murda Muzik in 1999). In all reality I was the one making the beats so in order to get my money right I had to change it. There was definitely no beef or anything.

uGtQYneJtKE

08. USA (Aight Then) Produced by Epitome Shamelloh Buddah
Somebody elese produced that joint (Epitome Shamelloh Buddah). I fell in love with that beat right when i heard it. At that point I Was ok with other people coming in and providing beats for us.

RmAikSxnpRA

09. The Learning (Burn) Produced By Havoc
Burn is definitely one of my favorite beats. Top 5 for sure. The drums on this record are crazy. I took a guitar lick and put it on the 16 pads on the MP and played that shit. Added the baseline and shit was retarded. Burn is my favorite record off Infamy, hands down!

eQIEOdGSXIE

10. Keep It Thoro Produced By Alchemist
The Alchemist:
The Keep It Thoro beat was made in LA at my parent's crib, I had my ASR with me, big doofy machine with the carrying case that I'd Bring everywhere. I set it up in one of the rooms at their house, and hooked up and old turtable and mixter that I left in the garage with a little boombox for speakers. The only records I could sample from were a couple of crates at their crib and Keep It Thoro was a result of that. I didn't have all my drum disks, so I had to get drums off whatever hip hop records were in those old ass crates. I won't blow my own spot, but Hip-Hop aficionados / nerds I'm sure will figure out which records they came from. At the time we were finishing up the Murda Muzik album, and P was simultaneously recording joints for HNIC. So I definitely thought about him while I was making it. I brought it back to NY the next week, played it for P, and it was on from there. Later that month we were all back in LA, P booked studio time, we went in and did the record. I can't remember the studio, but i do remember that P had a cold at the time. You can hear the nasal tone in his voice? Shit sounded dope though.

Havoc:
I wasn't There when P and Al made that shit. This is Classic P and Al Right here. At first i thought it was weird because it didn't have a hook. That's just P, He don't give a fuck!

irvkvXQFjEE

11. Still Shinning Produced By Havoc
Our Point with this song is to let everyone know that's we're still holding it down. Keeping true to the underground shit. We always had mad niggas in the studio, so we had a lot of influence from our friends. I think I was the first dude to use this sample.

3A_P2TPK01w

12. God Pt. 3 Produced by Mobb Deep
At This Time, I'm really confident with my sound. Messing around with a whole bunch of samples. I was real into Scarface. So when I heard the intro to the movie, I already heard the Bonita Applebum drums over It. So right away i took the drums and put that shit over it, it was a wrap. This is one of my top 3 favorite Mobb Deep track of all time.

uKo9BzJXLhU

13. Delt W/The Bullshit Produced By Havoc
This beat was made for the intention of my solo record. Real Dark beat, this was another case of a bunch of us block niggas just chillin' in the studio all day. P. loved this beat a lot, so he just took it for HNIC

Y9XU1b-kdwk

14. Hungry (unreleased) Produced by Havoc
Previously unreleased track

sl8LMVIjGoQ

Jammin
01-12-2010, 08:22 AM
5* thread

Jammin
01-12-2010, 01:03 PM
no comments, 77 VIEWS wow

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
MAN THSI THREAD IS fucking HEATTTTTTTTTTTT

Yeah theres no comments because the most active clowns in HHS

a:have never heard infamous (no joke)
b: dont think its worth listening to

this place is a joke these days, full of faggot ass teenybopper rap fans who love their clean cut boy bands like slaughter house

major props jam

theDZA
01-12-2010, 01:27 PM
props 4 this

claaa7
01-12-2010, 01:40 PM
thx alot for typing out all that, great read!!
Havoc is one of the greatest to do it.

+rep of course

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
You can tell they had someone like Tip mixing the album, how much that helped the sound.

Shit like mixing is undervalued these days on modern non commercial albums. You need someone in there who understands it.

benzo
01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
^^tell that to Raekwon

Tonystarks420
01-12-2010, 03:09 PM
great thread dude. 5 stars no doubt. i read that thing word for word all the way til the end. probably one of the best posts ive seen on this forum

claaa7
01-12-2010, 03:16 PM
^ damn i was thinking the same thing.. prior to the release Rae was talking so much about how he had all this classic material on his hands and how he needed to treat shit right which was a very good point. he wasn't bullshitting neither imo, he had the classic material but he wasn't really treating it like he should, trying to get away as cheap as he could when it came down to mixing, engineering, artwork and studio time it seems. it's a shame cuz it really drags down some of the songs that the mixing is so poor.

OT: Q-Tip mixed down 5 of the records on "The Infamous" (including the 3 songs he produced for the LP). i really didn't know about this instrumental album tho, kinda sounds like an instrumental best of Havoc joint. shit was really interesting to read, i love these type of articles that gives us insight behind the scenes.

fatboybrandon
01-12-2010, 03:20 PM
no comments, 77 VIEWS wow
I think people are speechless after taking one look at your signature.

Thanks for the Havoc interview though, good to hear him break down those classics. Hell On Earth and Murda Musik came out in the late 90's as separate instrumental album versions, I don't know why they just didn't re-release those on their own instead of compile them as one.

ALCATRAZ
01-12-2010, 03:51 PM
07. Quiet Storm Produced By Havoc
Now I'm messing with the Korg-Triton (synthesizer & sampler) and "White Lines" (Grandmaster Flash & Melle Mel) was a track I always wanted to sample. It wasn't until Prodigy rhymed and we did the chorus that I saw the potential of this song. We had no idea that the impacet of this track would be as crazy as it was. Performing this song in NYC at that time was incredible, there's no drug out there that can compare to the feeling I got performing this song, even till this day. A lot of people have asked why the production credit on the early records was listed as Mobb Deep and then later it was changed to Havoc (starting with Murda Muzik in 1999). In all reality I was the one making the beats so in order to get my money right I had to change it. There was definitely no beef or anything.

quiet storm is probably top 10 rap songs all time for me ... the original version not the official or remix

BGS
01-12-2010, 03:55 PM
jammin you're the man, propz for this amazing post!! i'd rep you if i could, but i can't right now! 1

Tommy
01-12-2010, 04:15 PM
Awesome post, props for typing it all out as well. The Infamous has to be one of my favourite albums of all time and one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time, if you consider yourself a hip hop fan but haven't heard this... then what the fuck are you doing?

baby jesus
01-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Some Of My Favorite Tracks And Beats Ever Disscused Good Article There Really Should Be More Articles Like This Out There It's Been Long Enough I Seen One On Ready To Die, Enta Da Stage, And Illmatic I Enjoyed Them All.

11th Chamber
01-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Good looks on this. I love when artists break down their old tracks

Apocalypse
01-12-2010, 06:45 PM
here are some of the best hip-hop beats ever, EVER!

Afficial_Nastee
01-14-2010, 05:09 PM
Mad propz! Havoc def had that recognizable QB sound in the mid 90's , it was recognizable but ILL MADE ! Beats such as Survival of the fittest and Shook Ones Part 2 are always suitable for some freestyle sessions!

Oztradamus
01-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Great post, The Infamous album is in my top 5 favorite Rap albums ever.

EAGLE EYE
01-15-2010, 01:22 AM
+repped

NEWRdaMC
01-15-2010, 01:22 AM
anyone have the "The start of your ending" instrumental??? i need that in my life o.O

Jammin
01-15-2010, 09:54 AM
nope sorry^^

5hundred&one
01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
damn, how did i miss this?

great thread, I was a little disappointed when I started reading through it tho, cuz I didn't know Mobb Deep put out an instrumental album, so from the title I was expecting a beat breakdown of The Infamous.

which would be crazy, not that this isn't.

props for takin the time to type this up.

YungSunny
01-15-2010, 06:20 PM
I wanted to see havoc breakdown temperature's rising, I always loved patrice rushen's music.
Nice thread, man.

spiggity_ace
01-15-2010, 08:38 PM
nice thread, i never knwe that prodigy had input on the beats i thot it was just havoc puttin it all the work, i slept on this trhead but great post

claaa7
01-16-2010, 05:33 AM
^ check out "HNIC" album, Prodigy made a few really dope bangers by himself on there.

Jin10304
01-16-2010, 12:51 PM
didnt he only produce "Cant Complain" though?

UNCLE RUCKUS
01-16-2010, 04:58 PM
props 4 this Jammin, hadnt seen it til now but yeah thanks dope thread!

EAGLE EYE
01-17-2010, 02:48 PM
Mobb Deep - The Infamous... Instrumentals (2009) (http://3-2-0.blogspot.com/2010/01/mobb-deep-infamous-instrumentals-2009.html)

http://i46.tinypic.com/xm52eq.jpg (http://i46.tinypic.com/xm52eq.jpg)

Tracklist:
01. Shook Ones Pt.1
02. Shook Ones Pt.2
03. Give Up The Goods (Just Step)
04. Survival Of The Fittest
05. Front Lines (Hell On Earth)
06. It's Mine
07. Quiet Storm
08. USA (Aight Then)
09. The Learning (Burn)
10. Keep It Thoro
11. Still Shinning
12. God Pt.3
13. Delt W/ The Bullshit
14. Hungry

320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/336704032/MobbD-TIInstr-320.rar

FLAC:
http://rapidshare.com/files/336655894/MobbD-TIInstr-FLAC.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/336688167/MobbD-TIInstr-FLAC.part2.rar

This is a compilation of remastered instrumentals.

Jammin
07-20-2010, 11:04 AM
bump, this thread is crazy

copywrite
07-20-2010, 07:29 PM
Shook Ones Pt. II is top 5 best hip-hop songs ever.

Nice thread.

Mobb Deep - The Infamous... Instrumentals (2009) (http://3-2-0.blogspot.com/2010/01/mobb-deep-infamous-instrumentals-2009.html)

http://i46.tinypic.com/xm52eq.jpg (http://i46.tinypic.com/xm52eq.jpg)

Tracklist:
01. Shook Ones Pt.1
02. Shook Ones Pt.2
03. Give Up The Goods (Just Step)
04. Survival Of The Fittest
05. Front Lines (Hell On Earth)
06. It's Mine
07. Quiet Storm
08. USA (Aight Then)
09. The Learning (Burn)
10. Keep It Thoro
11. Still Shinning
12. God Pt.3
13. Delt W/ The Bullshit
14. Hungry

320:
http://rapidshare.com/files/336704032/MobbD-TIInstr-320.rar

FLAC:
http://rapidshare.com/files/336655894/MobbD-TIInstr-FLAC.part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/336688167/MobbD-TIInstr-FLAC.part2.rar

This is a compilation of remastered instrumentals.

You think you can re upload that. Links are broken.