PDA

View Full Version : The Origin of Margarine... YUCK!!!!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Margarine was originally manufactured to fatten turkeys. When it killed the turkeys, the people who had put all the money into the research wanted a payback so they put their heads together to figure out what to do with this product to get their money back. It was a white substance with no food appeal so they added the yellow coloring and sold it to people to use in place of butter. How do you like it? They have come out with some clever new flavorings.

DO YOU KNOW...the difference between margarine and butter?

Read on to the end...gets very interesting!

Both have the same amount of calories.

Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams.

Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter, according to a recent Harvard Medical Study.

Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods.

Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added!

Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods.

Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.

And now, for Margarine..

Very high in trans fatty acids.

Triple risk of coronary heart disease.

Increases total cholesterol and LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) and lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol)

Increases the risk of cancers up to five fold.

Lowers quality of breast milk.

Decreases immune response.

Decreases insulin response.

And here's the most disturbing fact.... HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC..

This fact alone was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

You can try this yourself:

Purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things:

* no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something)

* it does not rot or smell differently because it has no nutritional value; nothing will grow on it Even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic. Would you melt your Tupperware and spread that on your toast?

Reggie_Noble
09-29-2005, 12:22 PM
hahahhaa butter ftw (for teh win for all you non-gamers)

Luther Large
09-29-2005, 12:30 PM
hey ben...say if ive been using margerine once in a while.i dont prefer it but if thats the only thing to put on my food i'll eat it.........am i at risk for anything???

i dont eat it chronacly but i do eat it

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-29-2005, 12:32 PM
yes... heart disease amongst other things like blocked arteries and so on

Triple B
09-29-2005, 01:02 PM
lol isn't margarine advertised like being low on HDL (high density lipoproteins) what causes heartfailure and blocked arteries, and thus being healthier ?

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-29-2005, 01:18 PM
Dont believe what the commercials tell you

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-29-2005, 01:24 PM
lol Flora advertise their margerine as the "healthy alternative" to butter. I had it twisted b4 i read this post, I always ate butter because I preferred the taste, but I always thought (i dont know why) that margerine was the more healthy one.

Glad i always hated margerine!

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-29-2005, 05:04 PM
Shit is nasty Yo...straight up plastic Yo

heatholdingconceitedmofo
09-29-2005, 05:13 PM
the part you didnt mention in the article is how the government released it years ago to give heart desise to blacks and hispanics

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-29-2005, 05:29 PM
well thats obvious make a profit kill a poor person

Vegan
09-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Earth Balance margerine is organic and has 0 trans fatty acids/no hydrogenated oils. Conventional margrine sucks. Earth Balance is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay healthier than cow butter. Cow butter is disgusting, unhealthy, and not fit for human consumption. Humans are the only species which consume the milk of another animal on a regular basis. Humans are the only species that consume animal milk after they are weaned. Butter is filled with unhealthy fats, pus, amongst other nasties.

Skellington
09-30-2005, 06:51 AM
I love margarine :p

Vegan
09-30-2005, 06:52 AM
http://www.earthbalance.net/product.html

MefMan36
09-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I have never eaten Margarine and try to eat butter as little as possible.

Ronin
10-01-2005, 08:26 AM
margerine is healthier than butter

proven fact, i use low colestral flora spread

TeknicelStylez
10-01-2005, 08:51 AM
nigga wiling, so the fuck what, milk is bangin, I drink that shit by the gallons.

MefMan36
10-01-2005, 12:06 PM
This shit is kinda suspect, tho. Sounds like you got it from www.Butter.com LOL.

TeknicelStylez
10-01-2005, 12:30 PM
^^ ROFLMAO

5 pasty bald white men with yellow teeth sitting in a room rubbing there hands together devising a scheme to take margrin off the map lol.

num2son
10-01-2005, 01:14 PM
[QUOTE=bigben]

[/ QUOTE]

Whoaw............:?

Mark
10-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I never eat MARGARINE or BUTTER, it tastes like shit.

netscape check two
10-01-2005, 03:15 PM
It's a proven fact that butter is better for you than margerine. I'm not saying that eating butter is that great for you. But eating butter once in a while is definitely better than eating something artifically made. A lot of 'food' items sold in the grocery stores in the US have a artifical chemicals, preservatives, flavorings, dyes, etc. Not a whole lot of people realize what they kind of junk has on a person's health.

BlaK FuRYaN
10-01-2005, 08:55 PM
one molecule away from bein plastic....WTF these ppl tryn do to us.......were human beings no fkn lab rabbits.....dont these people have no feelins.....

Koolish
10-02-2005, 01:00 AM
fuck that, i'm an imperial man.
________
Rc166 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Honda_RC166)

thwak
10-02-2005, 01:27 AM
butter is basically just milk fat. I'd rather eat milk fat than muscle tissue fat (lard) or processed oil fat (margerine).

. Cow butter is disgusting, unhealthy, and not fit for human consumption. Humans are the only species which consume the milk of another animal on a regular basis. Humans are the only species that consume animal milk after they are weaned. Butter is filled with unhealthy fats, pus, amongst other nasties. now this is kinda stupid in my belifes. every mamal on earth drinks milk, from your mothers breast to a cow most people drink milk too. plus if you knew how much disgusting stuff that you digest anyway by eating bread or even drinking any liquor milk wouldn't look that bad.

born invincible
10-02-2005, 01:42 AM
yummy... think imma go have a stick now!

blackwisdom
10-02-2005, 01:17 PM
http://www.earthbalance.net/product.htmlThanks :D

Take it easy

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-14-2007, 03:08 PM
Nasty Shit Bloop!

tekunique
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
in other words, to all you ladies, practice blow jobs, ditch the margarine ~

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
03-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Exactly^^

crass
03-14-2007, 03:30 PM
margarine and butter can both go on my potates.

Gawd
03-14-2007, 04:09 PM
if you put butter in a warm tortilla it makes the tortilla even more delicioso. i enjoy them with greatness and flatulence.

Tito
03-14-2007, 04:48 PM
if you put butter in a warm tortilla it makes the tortilla even more delicioso. i enjoy them with greatness and flatulence.

put some cheese also seriously... a really the truth like in t j or in some parts of mexico a quesadilla this..way.. i miss the way my mom used to make them
'
i miss her .. i love her

Sexy Jasper
03-14-2007, 04:58 PM
I hate butter!

I hate butter!

I hate butter!

I hate butter!

I hate butter!

I hate butter!

I hate butter!

Jasper once bled someone for putting butter on his sandwich!

oLd_KaiNry
03-14-2007, 06:21 PM

they say the same shit with kraft diner

Bloo
03-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the alert Ben. But a nig like me stopped fucking with margarine a LONG time ago. Strictly butter bay-bee!

AcidPhosphate69
03-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I actually knew about that plastic shit from working in a restaraunt. Seriously, if you worked there you know not to eat the margerine but we keep it because some people are stupid.

Yo Ben...what about vegetable oil spread? My dad eats that shit to keep low on cholesterol and what not and it's got no trans fat but it's got some hydrogenated shit in it? Is that as bad as the margerine?

Visionz
03-15-2007, 12:19 AM
Anything hydrogenated you should leave alone^, absolutely none of it is good for you. Why they load somethin so tasty as a Ritz cracker with that shit is beyound me. Muhfucka used to get stoned and destroy some ritz n peanut butter. Its a damn shame :yessad:

Jet Set
03-15-2007, 03:30 AM
A bit too much on the enters. And I don't believe any studies anymore, all are proven wrong. The internet made the world even more scientific prove.

All things should be taken with measures.

Longbongcilvaringz
03-15-2007, 03:58 AM
ive never had margarine, and never eat butter unless it some how incorporated into stuff, like i never eat it spread on something.

TERRA
03-15-2007, 07:08 PM
thats grose and my diabetic grandfather eats it everyday

CrazyCoCasian
07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Mmmmmmmmmmmm...................................... ...bbuttttteeeerrrrrr

MaXiMus Da MaNtis
07-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh Shit Battle Of The Foods.......Im Going With Butter ......I Never like Margirine Anyways.......

It Was Welfare Food

LordAnk
07-22-2007, 10:06 PM
it all depends on the type of margarine....it is recommended to eat stanol containing margarine...it lowers ldl and inc hdl... which is what u arteries want

Jet Set
07-25-2007, 06:35 AM
bunch of tomb raiders