PDA

View Full Version : The Truth behind the Somali Pirates

LORD NOSE
01-15-2010, 09:09 PM
nrwgiprDBtA

diggy
01-15-2010, 10:32 PM
I've heard this argument from Somalis in my city before.

What is the truth though? Is this it?

If what he's saying is true, I don't see how hijacking ships stops them from dumping waste into their waters.

Why don't they videotape them in the act and make it known worldwide? This would put them to shame and would probably cause them to stop.

Mic Tyson
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
thats wassup. this is funny because i remember in my inequality class at school some girl did a current event presentation about this. she was sayin like america needs to get involved and bring these pirates to justice and stop them and shit rofl. I didn't really know the truth about this tho.

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 12:02 AM
i don't doubt that foreign countries and companies aren't respecting their waters, but i do doubt that is the pirates motivation.

diggy
01-16-2010, 12:09 AM
Ya, I doubt it too. The end goal, according to the news media, is to receive a big payoff, not to deter ships from dumping waste.

LORD NOSE
01-16-2010, 12:47 AM
because we feel that everyone everywhere is gangster like us...I mean like the U.S

that everyone everywhere is just trying to "get it" - in a gangster way

but maybe they are big bad pirates out to just steal from these gready us and euro corporations - so that their people can finally have something after these us and euro corporation and operation dun rape and ravaged the land - maybe the pirates want those ships to keep coming so that they can keep robbin them -

maybe they are not pirates, but just desperate people out to take back what's theirs

BTTR KNG KOOL
01-16-2010, 01:08 AM
Sunny Winters.

they dont hijack ships from only euros and us...

LORD NOSE
01-16-2010, 01:14 AM
Sunny Winters.

they dont hijack ships from only euros and us...

who told you that they hijack ships at all - look carefully at the source -

i'd believe what a respected thinking person from the area would have to say about it before i believe Cnn, fox, cbs

they call them pirates and they were calling us from new orleans refugees

both pirates and refugees and called niggers here in the good ole usa -

they hijacking ship and sadam was killing his own people -

that's enough to send troops over there to stop it

but black men get gunned down by cops on the regular here

let's stop clubbing seals first

BTTR KNG KOOL
01-16-2010, 02:12 AM
who told you that they hijack ships at all - look carefully at the source -

i'd believe what a respected thinking person from the area would have to say about it before i believe Cnn, fox, cbs

they call them pirates and they were calling us from new orleans refugees

both pirates and refugees and called niggers here in the good ole usa -

they hijacking ship and sadam was killing his own people -

that's enough to send troops over there to stop it

but black men get gunned down by cops on the regular here

let's stop clubbing seals first

TBH ive never watched those channels in my life !! my source was al-jazeera which has a big story on this, their story actually has more details than the guy in the vid !

theyre welcome to hijack as many ships as they want. Thats not my problem.

but it definately is not helping the sea , cos they will dump that shit somewhere else then if it comes to that.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:24 AM
they just some broke ass niggaz

broke ass niggaz do broke ass nigga things

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:26 AM
i also think its funny how quick the pirate craze in america died out after word got out that real pirates existed -- and that they were niggers ...

who is the black man, you ask?

god.

SL33
01-16-2010, 03:55 AM
they just some broke ass niggaz

broke ass niggaz do broke ass nigga things

GPS navigation, helicopters, high-tech gadgets and shit??? it's no broke-ass ni66a shit man....

there's something behind all that....insurance companies, OPEC countries etc

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:56 AM
they had to start from somewhere tho ... them niggaz didnt just have helicopters lyin around

SL33
01-16-2010, 04:01 AM
they had to start from somewhere tho ... them niggaz didnt just have helicopters lyin around

what i'm trying to say is that they are supported by some strong sponsors, don't you think??
think about the oil price in '08?? the oil price is based on certain parameters: need for oil, transport, political issues etc. piracy is installed in somalia by large oil (iran, arab countries, russia) and insurance companies.

even NATO can't touch'em, which says a lot.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 04:06 AM
all i know is that black humans are gettin rich and i'm ok with that

SL33
01-16-2010, 04:08 AM
all i know is that poor black humans are gettin rich and i'm ok with that

hahaah co sign.

even in the old days, every pirate gang was supported by some strong naval country: England had their own pirates who pillaged spanish/french ships and vice versa.

these modern-day pirates are here to increase the price of oil-transport, and to build enough fear in the minds of transport companies so they can get their asses insured. pure profit.

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 02:57 PM
all i know is that black humans are gettin rich and i'm ok with that

i don't understand the whole idea about wanting your people to get rich. i don't care if white people are rich. i don't care if italians are rich. all i care about is if i'm rich and the people i know are rich.

alcatraz, do you think this makes you rich by proxy? every black person in the world could be rich, but you'd still be broke as fuck because you are a fucking loser.

hahaah co sign.

atleast alcatraz is black. you're white. why do you care if black people get rich.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:06 PM
alcatraz, do you think this makes you rich by proxy?

in a sense, yes ... why do you think we call each other brotha and sista? blacks are more in tune with one another more than any other group of people, white included ... theres nothin more i'd rather see than blacks gettin feddi ... even if it aint me gettin it

:thumbup:

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 03:13 PM
and italians refer to others as "uncle". big fucking deal. you should do some research if you think that black people are the only race/nationality of people that stick together.

and i don't think black people are intune with each other more or less than any other group. the stick together and kill each other just as much as any other group. the concept of black on black crime is not a new one.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:19 PM
black on black crime only exists because thats the way your ancestors wanted it to be ... naturally we are one in the same so we aren't born wanting to off each other ... and you know damn well italians saying "uncle" is not half as prevelant in american society as blacks callin each other brotha man and sista ... so dont front on that tip

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
and bo and luke duke called each other cousin more than black people call each other brotha and sista. big fucking deal.

it is human nature to love and/or hate. it has nothing to do with the color of your skin. if you are a black greedy mother fucker, you are going to off another black person to get what you want. every race and nationality of people do it. blacks are no better or worse than anybody else.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
whites wouldnt of survived the trans-atlantic slave trade

fact

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 03:32 PM
i don't know how that is a fact, but ok.

blacks wouldn't have survived the winter at valley forge.

fact

SL33
01-16-2010, 03:35 PM
blacks wouldn't have survived the winter at valley forge.

fact

hahaha nice

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:38 PM
LOLZ "the infamous winter at valley forge" AHAHAHAHAHAAH look i'm not tryna downplay shit that helped build our country but a few crackers fightin in the snow is a lot different than slavery ... for instance a soldier only gets tortured when he is caught ... a soldier gets rations ... the only rations blacks got involved a noose or simply a foot in their ass LOL

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 03:43 PM

i too am not trying to downplay slavery, but slaves were property. and in order to make good in your investment, you had to feed your property. soldiers were starving at valley forge. slaves were fed well.

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:47 PM
slaves were fed well.

LOL thats a god damn lie, and even if they were fed 'well', it wasn't by their own admission ... they used to use a god damn rock and chisel to break slaves teeth 2 force food down their throats because they refused food ... u swear them niggaz was linin up for din din LOL

ALCATRAZ
01-16-2010, 03:50 PM
slaves were fed well.

-FDOgMs93BM
5:20 THEM CRACKERS WASNT PLAYIN WAS THEY LOLZ

Art Vandelay
01-16-2010, 05:39 PM
speaking of blacks sticking together, correct me if i'm wrong, but weren't the blacks the ones who gave up their own black people to the slave traders?

LORD NOSE
01-17-2010, 01:14 AM
LOLZ "the infamous winter at valley forge" AHAHAHAHAHAAH look i'm not tryna downplay shit that helped build our country but a few crackers fightin in the snow is a lot different than slavery ... for instance a soldier only gets tortured when he is caught ... a soldier gets rations ... the only rations blacks got involved a noose or simply a foot in their ass LOL

peeps in quietly

good build - but please hold the cracker insults - some may get offended and start using the nigger insult -

leaves peacfully

V4D3R
01-18-2010, 05:44 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/100118/world/somalia_piracy_shipping_greece

2 hours, 38 minutes ago
MOGADISHU (AFP) - Somali pirates on Monday freed the Greek supertanker Maran Centaurus, its owners said, after a plane dropped a ransom of seven million dollars in cash on deck.

Pirates said two of their gang were killed in a clash over the share-out of the spoils, delaying the release of the tanker and its crew of 28 hijacked in the Indian Ocean on November 29.

Residents of the pirate lair of Harardhere, on the Somalia coast, said there were bodies in the streets after fierce infighting.

"Maran Tankers Management Inc... report that the vessel was released by those holding her at 0830 local time today (0530 GMT)," the operators and managers of the Greek juggernaut said in a statement.

The European Union's anti-piracy naval mission said the FS Salamis warship had sent a helicopter to provide medical assistance and added that the 332-metre (1,000-foot) vessel was headed for Durban in South Africa.

Ecoterra International, an environmental group that monitors illegal maritime activity in the region, said the last pirates left the 15-year-old supertanker early Monday.

The tanker's owners did not comment on a ransom payment but Ecoterra said at least seven million dollars are believed to have been dropped from a small plane onto the deck of the oil-laden giant and another two million dollars paid in cash transfer.

It said the pirates reportedly bragged about generously giving 500 dollars to each crew member -- 16 Filipinos, nine Greeks, two Ukrainians and a Romanian -- "for good cooperation".

It said the ransom stash "is reportedly now held in a heavily guarded house in Harardhere".

Residents of the coastal village said there were exchanges of machine-gun fire after two clans had started fighting over the cash.

"The pirates are exchanging heavy machine gun fire inside the town and there are dead bodies in the streets," said Husein Warsame.

The total of around nine million dollars exceeds the eight million believed to have been paid for the release a year ago of the Sirius Star, a Saudi-owned supertanker of roughly the same size.

The hijacking of the Sirius Star in 2008 sent shockwaves through the shipping world as it demonstrated the ease with which pirates were able to operate in one of the world's busiest maritime trade routes.

Foreign naval missions have largely secured the Gulf of Aden but are powerless to effectively patrol the wider Indian Ocean and shipowners are increasingly turning to private security to fend off the pirates.

The Maran Centaurus, which had no private guards to secure its two million barrels of crude oil, was headed from Saudi Arabia to the United States.

The 300,000-tonne (deadweight) supertanker was easy prey for pirates equipped with fast skiffs and grapnels as it moves slowly, could not outmanoeuvre its attackers and, fully laden, has a low freeboard.

Supertankers such as these, with less than 30 crew on a ship a third of a kilometre long, cruise on auto-pilot most of the time and would rarely have anybody keeping watch on deck at night.

Since foreign navies deployed to protect the crucial maritime choking point of the Gulf of Aden, Somalia pirates have ventured deeper into the Indian Ocean, seizing ships as far east as the Seychelles and beyond.

Always paid in cash to avoid modern transaction monitoring, large ransoms have often been parachuted from small planes directly onto the deck of the hijacked ship.

The ransom risk of Somalian pirates

The pirates still hold at least 11 ships and around 270 seamen hostage.

Unofficial figures show that 2009 was the most prolific year yet for Somali pirates, with more than 200 attacks -- including 68 successful hijackings -- and a total of ransoms believed to comfortably exceed the 50 million dollars raked in during the previous year.

The US navy's Bahrain-based Fifth Fleet said on Monday that a Jamaican-flagged ship managed to deter a piracy attack off the coast of Yemen on Sunday.

Dr. Green Lungs
01-21-2010, 02:48 PM
Fuck U.S.A.

TSA
01-21-2010, 03:23 PM
for the sake black ppl lets ignore alcatraz

western countries have been doing this nonsense for a long time. France dumped nuclear waste into the coast of ivory coast not to long ago, so this somalia one doesn't surprise me.

idk why everyone talking about the US, france, by far, is the worst of the lot, they actively try to destabilize and discredit nigeria because if nigeria reaches its full potential they will be a hegemonic power in africa and according to many experts make france almost 100% irrelevant in foreign affairs (africa is france's last strong hold)
they also still try to manipulate and control their former colonies because of a need for power created by having a small dick.

it has to be a dick thing, cause their former colonies suck. i can personally control them if i wanted to, they're that shitty, but these dudes really take pride in that shit.

im glad to of gotten this insight though, cause with the condition in somalia, there's no reason any foreign boat should be in their waters.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 03:52 PM
They NEVER talk about the Somalia situation on ANY news channels. All they talk about is evil pirates doing evil things. From all of the Somali Pirate news coverage ive seen over the last couple years, NOT ONE TIME have i ever seen any comment on what the actual problem is. Can you believe that? Not once.

2 years of coverage has exclusivly focused on the details of the kidnapping, whos been kidknapped, what guns they are using, how much the ransom was, how ruthless they are, what boats they are using

Basically EVERYTHING apart from the actual cause and reason. Just all the pointless shit. Its fucking retarded.

Its along the same lines of never talking about WHY terrorists hate USA. No one cares about the reason, its just they're evil and we're not. No questions asked.

Also another thing about the pirates is the fact that the shipping lanes have taken over their traditional fishing areas which mean they no longer have any income. Basically these international conglomerates have been exploiting Somalia because it has no government.

And theyre payin ransoms because they know theyre in the wrong.