PDA

View Full Version : Beastie Boys

benzo
09-29-2005, 05:11 PM
Hey, I used to hang on their forum quite a bit and Wu gets alot of respect over there. Now, I now the last album sucked nuts, but besides "TT5B", who's got love for these funky, Jewish, white rap pioneers? By the way, their last tour was fucking AWESOME! Peace......

tajeco
09-29-2005, 05:39 PM
this belongs in the hip-hop section. I thought "5 Burroughs" was good. It had a classic hip-hop sound, with up to date lyrics. "i'm getting kinda tired of this situation, the US attacked another nation".
"Hello Nasty" is my favorite from them, I like the creative musicality.

benzo
09-29-2005, 06:03 PM
what's up, man? well, beasties do punk, rap, alt, latin, funk, etc. so not just a "hip-hop" tread imo. i guess i was talkin more about "Check Your Head", "Ill Communication", their instrumental jams.......

tajeco
09-29-2005, 06:14 PM
That's true. They are not limited to just one genre, so you're right, this probably is a better section for them.

9th Warrior
09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
licensed to ill is my favorite from them even tho they lyriks is all clownin i still like the feel of the album, TT5B is dope 2...overall theyre a solid group in any genre of music

living_undead
09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Paul's Boutique is one of my favorite Hip Hop records.

baby jesus
09-29-2005, 09:33 PM
Yo I Understand What Your Sayin But It Bothers Me That Hip-Hop Stations Don't Play Them I Mean I Consider Them A Hip-Hop Group But Yeah To Answer You Question There Ill.

Punch
09-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Paul's Boutique is one of my favorite Hip Hop records. hell yeah that album is groundbreaking.

I didn't like their last album too much Hello Nasty was really good, Ill Communication was good, the anthology was good.

Holmes
09-30-2005, 10:30 AM
I love the Beastie Boys. I thought 5 Boroughs was good, Ill Communication and Hello Nasty are better. There ryhming style has never really changed but the beats and music are quality.

benzo
09-30-2005, 12:07 PM
word. last thought is that for anyone who hadn't heard "Paul's Botique" yet, you need to. peace.....

bringoutthegimp
09-30-2005, 12:42 PM
my favourite of their albums is hello nasty, its gutter. ive really not heard much of their other shit though, i might cop another one at the weeked, out of "check your head" and "ill communication" which one should i pick up?

Punch
09-30-2005, 01:28 PM
I think Ill Comm. is a little better, both are good though. Be advised though that both of these albums contain more Rock -type songs. If you don't have PB get that, it's more of a straight up Hip Hop album.

benzo
09-30-2005, 06:38 PM
Get:
1- Paul's Botique
2- Check Your Head
3- Ill Communication

I wouldn't steer ya wrong on this one, bro. Enjoy........

MantiZ
10-02-2005, 12:59 PM
i like them very much. Hello Nasty is off tha hook. and i like their funney stuff.

Sicka than aidZ
10-02-2005, 01:30 PM
fuck, i saw em in concert in like 94, it was fun as hell

ShaDynasty
06-24-2006, 02:41 PM
no mention of 'licensed to ill'?
serious classic, so many joints on there, easily their best album imo
pauls boutique is good too

ShaDynasty
06-24-2006, 02:45 PM
i saw them on tv doin 'sucker mcs' shit was ill
run dmc wrote 'slow and low' i think

grimey
06-24-2006, 04:09 PM
them some bad white boys.......

june181972
06-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Beastie Boys=Worst rap group ever

The opposite of flow
The opposite of style
Voices are annoying as hell
At best a novelty act
Could care less how much the Def Jam brass proclaims their significance
More rock n roll than real hip-hop/soul music

whitey
06-24-2006, 04:58 PM
my favorite artists.

they do so much so well.

all there albums are nasty.

benzo
06-26-2006, 06:02 PM

The opposite of flow
The opposite of style
At best a novelty act

Novelty act? Fuck that. They're not a "rap group", at least not since the ditched the frat boy party image which was in like, 1989.
-most original hip-hop. they put Dust Brothers on the map with Paul's.
-first to intergrate live instruments/samples of live shit THEY played/samples
-put 2 super-famous DJs on the map. DJ Hurricane and MMM
-have actually changed their image/lyrics/marketability to back their evolving ideas and beliefs.
-and on and on and on
Beasties rule your lame ass. Peace-

SLIM-BASTARD
06-26-2006, 08:06 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h295/AZARECTOR/Imagen1-1.jpg

IRAN
06-28-2006, 03:49 PM

The opposite of flow
The opposite of style
At best a novelty act

20 + Years recording music, classic albums.

whitey
08-04-2006, 08:52 PM

The opposite of flow
The opposite of style
At best a novelty act

haha, you either suck and you dont know good music or you got some good jokes.

The Wizzard
08-07-2006, 02:03 PM
^^Werd^^ and shoulden't this be in the hip-hop section?

Visionz
08-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Beastie Boys is classic, working on amassing there catalogue. Already got License, and PB's. Both dope records. Been into 'em since Fight for Your Right got played to death on MTV. Shit goes waaayy back.

The Wizzard
08-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Yo, Paul's Botique is a classic hip-hop album. the flow is really good, and they kinda strayed away from that Run-DMC type flow and had a natural flow, every song is awesome on that record.

Kong
08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
this should go in hip-hop

INF
08-07-2006, 09:49 PM
anybody heard that beastles record? its beatles/ beasties mash-up. good shit.

june181972
08-07-2006, 10:02 PM
^^Werd^^ and shoulden't this be in the hip-hop section?

NO

Because they are not Hip-Hop

Kong
08-07-2006, 10:44 PM
they are apart of hip-hop.

The Wizzard
08-07-2006, 11:14 PM
NO

your a dumbass, if you don't think the Beaties Boys are hip-hop that you need to get reeducated

crass
08-14-2006, 04:45 PM

The opposite of flow
The opposite of style
At best a novelty act

check the production on Paul's Boutique to evaluate why they are crucial hip hop. no album flipped samples like that before. (with the exception of PE)

The Wizzard
08-14-2006, 04:48 PM
check the production on Paul's Boutique to evaluate why they are crucial hip hop. no album flipped samples like that before. (with the exception of PE)

They sampled Pusherman, and thats dope as hell

ShaDynasty
08-18-2006, 07:31 PM
NO

o...............k
so maybe run dmc, outkast, epmd, wu tang etc arent hip hop?
prick

Punch
08-18-2006, 08:23 PM
Beastie Boys are Hip Hop move this thread and show some respect.

june181972
08-20-2006, 03:36 PM
They sampled Pusherman, and thats dope as hell

So did Christina Aguleira and Nelly = not dope as hell

o...............k
so maybe run dmc, outkast, epmd, wu tang etc arent hip hop?
prick

invalid comparison
Wu Tang vs. beastie boys?
that is total heresy and blasphemy to the greatest rap group in hip-hop history
9 true Masters of the Ceremony vs a couple of irritating wanna-bes

Rage Against the Machine is closer to hip-hop

The Wizzard
08-21-2006, 02:30 AM
Just cause Christina Aguleira and Nelly sampled it don't mean it's less dope, they did it ten years (or whenever pauls boutique came out) ago. Because Gwen Stefani uses the Same sample as biggie make big poppa "not dope as hell"?

and that last paragraph you spit out, makes you sound like more of a dumbass and "irritating wanna-bes" than you did before.

june181972
08-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Just cause Christina Aguleira and Nelly sampled it don't mean it's less dope, they did it ten years (or whenever pauls boutique came out) ago. Because Gwen Stefani uses the Same sample as biggie make big poppa "not dope as hell"?

and that last paragraph you spit out, makes you sound like more of a dumbass and "irritating wanna-bes" than you did before.

You probably don't know the 1st, let alone the 2nd, thing about Curtis Mayfield(don't go run to google now doggie)

How does sampling well known classic R&B make an artist dope as hell?
You must be in the Puff Daddy fan club

Zack de la Rocha would MC rings around the beastie boys
just like anyone from the Wu would show them what real MCin is about.

IRAN
08-21-2006, 04:27 PM
You probably don't know the 1st, let alone the 2nd, thing about Curtis Mayfield(don't go run to google now doggie)

I think you are underestimating them. No way Zack would out MC any of the Beastie Boys, Zack could scream louder though.

Punch
08-21-2006, 04:36 PM

It's funny that you can't accept the Beasties as hip-Hop, but I'm sure all of the MCs you would cite as "real" would consider them Hip-Hop pioneers and legends.

:lmao: @ "wannabes"

june181972
08-21-2006, 05:01 PM
It's funny that you can't accept the Beasties as hip-Hop, but I'm sure all of the MCs you would cite as "real" would consider them Hip-Hop pioneers and legends.

:lmao: @ "wannabes"

One of you beastie boy fans educate me then
run down a list of collaborations they have done w/ some hot MCs

u won't see Wu on that list
Nas, 2Pac, Rakim, Kool G Rap, GangStarr, Boot Camp Clique, Scarface, D Block, EPMD, Big Daddy Kane etc

And don't take the route: "well you only like gangster rap"
De La Soul?
Tribe Called Quest?
Commom?
Mos Def?
Cats ain't feelin the beastie toys

whitey
08-21-2006, 05:16 PM
hah get real boy.

Go listen to professor booty from check your head. check MCAs verse at the end. Its about one of the dudes from third base. Dude rips it.

they are just nasty, and unlike wu-tang, they havent put out a shitty album and never have done deorderent commericals or any of that other sell out garbage.

They've toured with Run DMC, Tribe, Talib, J5, house of Pain, LL Cool J, among others.

How many other rap groups do you know who put out their first album in 1986 are still putting out good music today?

benzo
08-21-2006, 05:22 PM
One of you beastie boy fans educate me then
run down a list of collaborations they have done w/ some hot MCs

u won't see Wu on that list
Nas, 2Pac, Rakim, Kool G Rap, GangStarr, Boot Camp Clique, Scarface, D Block, EPMD, Big Daddy Kane etc

And don't take the route: "well you only like gangster rap"
De La Soul?
Tribe Called Quest?
Commom?
Mos Def?
Cats ain't feelin the beastie toys

Wrong. Yo, Q-Tip was on Ill Communication. You've been educated. ...and since when did collabo's make or break an artist?

benzo
08-21-2006, 05:23 PM
...and Biz Markie.

The Wizzard
08-21-2006, 05:27 PM

Obviously the Wu is better than the beastie boys. But don't you fuckin tell me what I do and do not know, especially when it comes to Curtis Mayfeild and R&B.

It's not that it was just a sample that made it cool, they sampled it did not try to play it off as a "gangsta" tune. They used the beat for the music and not the connotation of the song.

Why you on RATM's dick, there an amazing band but not a part of this discussion, and if you wanna get into some R&B trivia i'd love to do it in another thread.

june181972
08-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Wrong. Yo, Q-Tip was on Ill Communication. You've been educated. ...and since when did collabo's make or break an artist?

...and Biz Markie

Thanx 4 the info

But certain cats stay doing songs w/ other rappers
because they like and respect each other's music
if its not two mega stars(or a mega star getting their coat tail rode) simply trying to make a platinum hit
a collab is a sign of mutual appreciation for each others music
most MCs don't even take the beastie boys seriously

benzo
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
that's fine and I respect your point but... i really think this colabo shit is playing itself out. how many guests were on Illmatic, like one. i think this "featuring so and so" is a fad of these times, man. when i buy and album and every other song has a "guest" emcee, it really takes away from whole concept to me. it's more label bullshit to pull in fans who might not have been onto A or B, but they heard the A+B single and so now they'll go back and check out A and/or B. Peace-

The Wizzard
08-21-2006, 05:46 PM
most MCs don't even take the beastie boys seriously

If thats true and they are not hip-hop than why are they in Krush Groove:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Krush_Groove.jpg/180px-Krush_Groove.jpg

Punch
08-21-2006, 06:23 PM
The Source, 10.98

Raekwon: I like the Beastie Boys, them niggas is a-ight. They've been around for a minute with Run-DMC and all that; and I know they still know what's going on in hip-hop too. They on point.

Heltah Skeltah's Ruck: There's room in hip-hop for that champagne poppin', there's room for the hardcore and there's definitely room for the Beasties. We need variety in this shit. Plus Ad Rock's my nigga.

Ras Kass: I think they moved on to a new genre. They're incorporating alternative music; but they're still relevant in that they're taking their following into that field and broadening hip-hop.

Erick Sermon: Hell yeah, the Beastie Boys are still relevant to hip-hop today! They are on of the few groups still keepin' it real from way back. Even their new shit sounds like it used to be.

Luniz's Yukmouth:Hell yeah, they are still bringin' that shit! To everyday Black folk they're probably looked at as rock-n-roll, and they probably wouldn't buy their album, but they're still rappin' and still poppin'. They will always be pioneers.

John Forte: Oh, that' ridiculous. The Beastie Boys are pioneers in the game. They went against the grain and proved that they were three white guys who really have an appreciation for hip-hop. They didn't front like they was from the ghetto, they just came out and made good music. They're still in a class by themselves.

E-40: The Beasties have always been ahead of their time. They're real crafty with theirs. Their music has always come from a base of hip-hop. It's a different kind of hip-hop, but it's still influenced by the essence so it's relevant.

Wyclef Jean:If you into hip-hop, you gotta love the Beastie Boys. They held it down with Run-DMC and they're some talented musicians. They're relevant for even what I do, pickin' up a guitar and playin' it. I heard like four joints from the new album and I'm feelin' it. I'm a fan. They could do a horrible song and I'd still like it.

Schoolly D: The thing you gotta remember about hip-hop is if you go back to like Grandmaster Flash, Funky Four Plus One, those guys were in the studios with bands. The Beastie Boys came from a band, so they should be able to express hip-hop any way they want to.

B-Real:I definitely like the Beasties, always have. I think they can still appeal to everybody. I know a lot of hip-hop kids that like that record that I didn't think would. When I heard it I was like, Yo, they came with some shit.

DJ Premier: I copped the new album but I haven't heard it yet because we've been runnin' around so much. I know they came out with punk music first before hip-hop, so I ain't mad at them, 'cause that was their style to begin with. I'm still into 'em because I have a wide range of music that I like. I would love to work wit 'em. Word, I'd give 'em an ill joint. Maybe that'll happen some day.

Flip Mode Squad's Lord Have Mercy: Anybody that comes and offers more freedom in the rap game is extremely important because not everybody is a player or a thug. If you are a real hip-hop fan, they got joints that still bang you in the head, B.

Funkmaster Flex: I think they weren't relevant for a minute. I think when they left Def Jam, people kinda started to think of them as not bein' hip-hop cause they were on another label; but sellin' records like they're doin' now shows that hip-hop kids are buying it too. I listened to the new album and I think it's their time again.
So we'll just call this case closed.

june181972
08-21-2006, 06:29 PM
If thats true and they are not hip-hop than why are they in Krush Groove:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3b/Krush_Groove.jpg/180px-Krush_Groove.jpg

You cannot classify someone one as Hip-Hop:
A Culture Created by Economically Supressed Black & Latino Youth

just because they participated in some commercial production that supposedly represented that culture

besides, isn't it obvious that there isn't too much Russell Simmons would not do to make a buck

The Wizzard
08-21-2006, 06:32 PM

Good Lookin out.

june181972
08-21-2006, 06:41 PM
The Source, 10.98

Why would the person or people asking the question are the Beastie Boys Hip-Hop (or whatever form the question was in) even have to ask it?

No one would have to ask such a question about any of those people being quoted

Just because they "like" the beastie boys does not make them Hip-Hop
Just because they would want to sell them a beat does not make them Hip-Hop

beatsie boy are to Hip-Hop
what modern day rock-n-roll is to the blues
a watered down imitation

The Wizzard
08-21-2006, 06:45 PM
You and Drunken Wu Masta should get together, both you really don't know shit about shit even when truth is staring you in the face, they always do that stuff in the source, I saw them ask people if they like Gang Starr, does them having to ask about Gang Starr put them up in the air, cause I'm having trouble deciding if Gang Starr is hip-hop or not.

Punch
08-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Why would the person or people asking the question are the Beastie Boys Hip-Hop (or whatever form the question was in) even have to ask it?

No one would have to ask such a question about any of those people being quoted

Just because they "like" the beastie boys does not make them Hip-Hop
Just because they would want to sell them a beat does not make them Hip-Hop

beatsie boy are to Hip-Hop
what modern day rock-n-roll is to the blues
a watered down imitation

the question was, are they relevant to today's Hip-Hop audience. A question that can be asked about many Hip-Hop acts from their generation.

and your analogy is lame.

june181972
08-21-2006, 07:04 PM
You and Drunken Wu Masta should get together, both you really don't know shit about shit even when truth is staring you in the face, they always do that stuff in the source, I saw them ask people if they like Gang Starr, does them having to ask about Gang Starr put them up in the air, cause I'm having trouble deciding if Gang Starr is hip-hop or not.

They went against the grain and proved that they were three white guys who really have an appreciation for hip-hop.

I think they moved on to a new genre They're incorporating alternative music; but they are still relevant in that they're taking their following into that field and broadening hip-hop.

These quotes only show that certain people "like" the beastie boys

They even have to qualify there remarks when it come to them being hip-hop

Ain't nobody even gonna think about asking the question if GangStarr "is hip-hop"

Punch
08-21-2006, 07:22 PM
These quotes only show that certain people "like" the beastie boys

really?

Heltah Skeltah's Ruck: There's room in hip-hop for that champagne poppin', there's room for the hardcore and there's definitely room for the Beasties. We need variety in this shit.

E-40: It's a different kind of hip-hop, but it's still influenced by the essence so it's relevant.

Wyclef Jean:If you into hip-hop, you gotta love the Beastie Boys

Flip Mode Squad's Lord Have Mercy: Anybody that comes and offers more freedom in the rap game is extremely important because not everybody is a player or a thug. If you are a real hip-hop fan, they got joints that still bang you in the head, B.

Erick Sermon: Hell yeah, the Beastie Boys are still relevant to hip-hop today! They are on of the few groups still keepin' it real from way back. Even their new shit sounds like it used to be.

Ain't nobody even gonna think about asking the question if GangStarr "is hip-hop"

Is Outkast Hip-Hop?

benzo
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
pissing contest

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 07:29 PM
So did Christina Aguleira and Nelly = not dope as hell

invalid comparison
Wu Tang vs. beastie boys?
that is total heresy and blasphemy to the greatest rap group in hip-hop history
9 true Masters of the Ceremony vs a couple of irritating wanna-bes

Rage Against the Machine is closer to hip-hop

wasnt sayin there as good as wu, but theyre a ip hop group just like the beasties
ps 3rd bass are the best white rappers/group of all

the point im makin is all hip hop contains elements of other genres, just because the beasties had some instrumental songs doesnt make them less hip hop
and licensed to ill is classic, idk why people (even the beasties themselves!) diss it so much

Punch
08-21-2006, 07:32 PM
pissing contest
explain

june181972
08-21-2006, 07:40 PM
really?
Is Outkast Hip-Hop?

Wyclef walks around w/ a guitar like he's Hendrix or Clapton or something.
But all his songs are samples, he can't be taken seriously (IMO)
He makes a lot of stuff that I would not call hip-hop

Outkast is only hip-hop when they're not doing that "other stuff" like Hey-Ya and what not.

These people being quoted can have love for the beastie boys as
"pioneers"(I would not use this word)

But if they are "pioneers" name me a rapper that patterned their style after the beastie boys'
What MC did their style influence?
If they're so important to hip-hop

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 07:48 PM
^^^hmmm
they didnt influence a lot of rappers, probably just art rock types in the 90s

Punch
08-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Outkast is only hip-hop when they're not doing that "other stuff" like Hey-Ya and what not.

Hey Ya, while technically not Hip-Hop, is a song by Outkast, who are a Hip-Hop group

These people being quoted can have love for the beastie boys as
"pioneers"(I would not use this word)

But if they are "pioneers" name me a rapper that patterned their style after the beastie boys'
What MC did their style influence?
If they're so important to hip-hop

So pioneers are only pioneers if Mcs rap in their styles? That's new to me.
What mcs rap like Run DMC? Kool Moe Dee?

They are pioneers because they showed that Hip-Hop is universal, and helped rap gain popularity in its early days. 3rd Bass, Eminem and every other white rapper owes them(and has given them) gratitude.

june181972
08-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Kool Moe Dee influenced Chuck D, lyrical content and flow

run dmc have always been mediocre MCs, commercialized and packaged with dreams of getting burn on MTV (IMO)
I never heard anyone say "that dude run" or "that dude dmc is nice as hell on the mic"
Have you?
They never influenced anyone's style
They are put on a pedastle, like beastie boys, because of rite place rite time.

"Immitation is the best form of flattery"

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 08:06 PM
Hey Ya, while technically not Hip-Hop, is a song by Outkast, who are a Hip-Hop group

They are pioneers because they showed that Hip-Hop is universal, and helped rap gain popularity in its early days. 3rd Bass, Eminem and every other white rapper owes them(and has given them) gratitude.

WHAT!
3rd Bass dont owe the beasties shit!
they were freestylin real shit before the beasties even put their guitars down
and pete nice and mc serch are better than any member of the beasties, they represented the real while the beasties were on some pop shit, beasties are still dope, but 'fight for your right....' is like the biggest piece of shit ever
3rd bass are GOATS also i dont think 3rd bass ever gave the beasties gratitude, check 'sons of 3rd bass'
basically ad rock aint fit to clean petes cane

Punch
08-21-2006, 08:08 PM
WHAT!
3rd Bass dont owe the beasties shit!
they were freestylin real shit before the beasties even put their guitars down
and pete nice and mc serch are better than any member of the beasties, they represented the real while the beasties were on some pop shit, beasties are still dope, but 'fight for your right....' is like the biggest piece of shit ever
3rd bass are GOATS
you missed the point of the post

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 08:09 PM
oh yeah?
what was your point then?

Punch
08-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Kool Moe Dee influenced Chuck D, lyrical content and flow

run dmc have always been mediocre MCs, commercialized and packaged with dreams of getting burn on MTV (IMO)
I never heard anyone say "that dude run" or "that dude dmc is nice as hell on the mic"
Have you?
They never influenced anyone's style
They are put on a pedastle, like beastie boys, because of rite place rite time. "Immitation is the best form of flattery"
so now you're saying Run DMC aren't pioneers either?

oh yeah?
what was your point then?

That 3rd Bass, being white, benefitted from the Beastie Boys being so popular. They did not have to prove that whites had a place in a Hip-Hop group, that was already done.

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
but you said they owe the beasties gratitude
they didnt, they were makin real hip hop, they earned their own respect within the black/hip hop community through being able to spit real shit, not because the beasties had made white rappers the new fad, they were separate from all that

june181972
08-21-2006, 08:22 PM

To me, being a pioneer and being a great MC will not always go hand in hand

Has history and commercial success made run dmc pioneers? Of course

Are they hot MCs? Not by a long shot

Punch
08-21-2006, 08:40 PM
but you said they owe the beasties gratitude
they didnt, they were makin real hip hop, they earned their own respect within the black/hip hop community through being able to spit real shit, not because the beasties had made white rappers the new fad, they were separate from all that

No one said anything about a fad.
Besides a fad would mean there were a bunch of white rappers running around, which wasn't the case.

It's simple.It was easier for 3rd Bass to become popular because there was already a popular group of white rappers. Understand?

To me, being a pioneer and being a great MC will not always go hand in hand

Has history and commercial success made run dmc pioneers? Of course

Are they hot MCs? Not by a long shot

ummm That's exactly what I'm saying.

You don't need to like the group, just appreciate their contributions.

Why don't we hold this discussion until after The VH1 Hip-Hop Honors (http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/hip_hop_honors/2006/).
Honoring:
Eazy-E
Ice Cube
Afrika Bambaataa
Russell Simmons
MC Lyte
Rakim
Beastie Boys
Wu-Tang Clan

Not that they're an authority, but they will be able to put things in a better perspective.

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 08:57 PM
No one said anything about a fad.
Besides a fad would mean there were a bunch of white rappers running around, which wasn't the case.

It's simple.It was easier for 3rd Bass to become popular because there was already a popular group of white rappers. Understand?

ummm That's exactly what I'm saying.

Why don't we hold this discussion until after The VH1 Hip-Hop Honors (http://www.vh1.com/shows/events/hip_hop_honors/2006/).
Honoring:
Eazy-E
Ice Cube
Afrika Bambaataa
Russell Simmons
MC Lyte
Rakim
Beastie Boys
Wu-Tang Clan

Not that they're an authority, but they will be able to put things in a better perspective.

you implied it was a fad, i dont think the cats who copped licensed to ill copped the cactus album as well
"It was easier for 3rd Bass to become popular because there was already a popular group of white rappers"
i understand...but thats not what you said, stop trying to twist your own words
that dont really make sense anyway, cos it wasnt the same demographic that copped the cactus album, the beasties were pop, they sold a LOT of records, i doubt 3rd bass sold half of what public enemy did at the time
3rd bass werent popular, they were underground, especially for def jam at the time, only cats that copped their album was real hip hop heads, they had a little crossover success dissing vanilla ice a few years later, but that was it.
the beasties and 3rd bass make entirely different hip hop records
beasties sold to whites
3rd bass sold to blacks as well (but this meant they were underground because the kind of shit they said on their records was political/social not about drinking/partying like the beasties usd to be)
as i said before 3rd bass dont owe the beasties shit, they were the first group to be accepted as a legitimate white rap group, beasties to most at the time were a pop fad, hence the beasties disowning 'licensed to ill' years later
and 3rd bass didnt get many record sales extra because of beastie boys fans

Punch
08-21-2006, 09:08 PM

That 3rd Bass, being white, benefitted from the Beastie Boys being so popular. They did not have to prove that whites had a place in a Hip-Hop group, that was already done.

you implied it was a fad, i dont think the cats who copped licensed to ill copped the cactus album as well
"It was easier for 3rd Bass to become popular because there was already a popular group of white rappers"
i understand...but thats not what you said, stop trying to twist your own words
that dont really make sense anyway, cos it wasnt the same demographic that copped the cactus album, the beasties were pop, they sold a LOT of records, i doubt 3rd bass sold half of what public enemy did at the time
3rd bass werent popular, they were underground, especially for def jam at the time, only cats that copped their album was real hip hop heads, they had a little crossover success dissing vanilla ice a few years later, but that was it.
the beasties and 3rd bass make entirely different hip hop records
beasties sold to whites
3rd bass sold to blacks as well (but this meant they were underground because the kind of shit they said on their records was political/social not about drinking/partying like the beasties usd to be)
as i said before 3rd bass dont owe the beasties shit, they were the first group to be accepted as a legitimate white rap group, beasties to most at the time were a pop fad, hence the beasties disowning 'licensed to ill' years later
and 3rd bass didnt get many record sales extra because of beastie boys fans
I didn't twist anything you just didn't understand what i said.

The Beastie Boys were a pop? what is pop about Paul's Boutique? Hello Nasty? Those are progressive records. They were popular, but not by design.
The fact still remains that The Beasties paved the way for 3rd Bass. Anyone with any sense will see that.

ShaDynasty
08-21-2006, 09:10 PM
I didn't twist anything you just didn't understand what i said.

The Beastie Boys were a pop? what is pop about Paul's Boutique? Hello Nasty? Those are progressive records. They were popular, but not by design.
The fact still remains that The Beasties paved the way for 3rd Bass. Anyone with any sense will see that.

i did understand read my post again
'licensed to ill' was a pop record, at the same time 3rd bass were raw
peace

Punch
08-21-2006, 09:16 PM
i did understand read my post again
'licensed to ill' was a pop record, at the same time 3rd bass were raw
peace

Licensed to Ill - 1986

Paul's Boutique -1989

The Cactus Album-1989

As reported in many interviews, MC Serch at one point tried (unsuccessfully) to join the Beastie Boys. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Bass)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Bass)

june181972
08-21-2006, 09:19 PM
I don't appreciate wack rappers no matter how "successful" they are

That's a bet

PEACE!!!

Punch
08-21-2006, 09:20 PM
peace

The Wizzard
08-22-2006, 03:10 AM
Damn I missed alot, you guys coverd alot too, damn. I think we should wait till The Vh1 Honors to continue this discussion, does anyone know when it is?

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 03:24 AM
Licensed to Ill - 1986

Paul's Boutique -1989

The Cactus Album-1989

As reported in many interviews, MC Serch at one point tried (unsuccessfully) to join the Beastie Boys. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Bass)
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3rd_Bass)

yeah but pauls boutique was a faggoty record

FrenchShin
08-22-2006, 03:34 AM
paul's boutique is the matrix to so many albums....

The Wizzard
08-22-2006, 03:36 AM
yeah but pauls boutique was a faggoty record

Your joking right?

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 03:53 AM
no
im willing to concede that its 'you die' if you agree pauls boutique is a faggoty emo record
shake your rump?
egg man?
c'mon i swear thats like the most overated album ever

The Wizzard
08-22-2006, 04:03 AM
From B-Boy Bouillabaisse (and if you don't know what a B-Boy is go fuck yourself)

So as pray and hope and the message is sent

and I AM living in the dreams that I have dreamt

because I'm down with the three the unstoppable three

me and Adam and D. were born to M.C.

and my body and soul and mind are pure

not polluted or diluted or damaged beyond cure

just lyrics from I to you recited

arrested, bailed but cuffed and indicted

enter the arena as I take the center stage

the lights set low and the night has come of age

take the microphone in hand as that I am a professional

speak my knowledge to the crowd and the ed. is special

I am the one and I am the master

I am the king and this is my castle

dwell in realms of now but vidi those of the past

seen a glimpse from ahead and I don't think it's gonna last

and you can bet your ass

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 04:05 AM
From B-Boy Bouillabaisse (and if you don't know what a B-Boy is go fuck yourself)

So as pray and hope and the message is sent

and I AM living in the dreams that I have dreamt

because I'm down with the three the unstoppable three

me and Adam and D. were born to M.C.

and my body and soul and mind are pure

not polluted or diluted or damaged beyond cure

just lyrics from I to you recited

arrested, bailed but cuffed and indicted

enter the arena as I take the center stage

the lights set low and the night has come of age

take the microphone in hand as that I am a professional

speak my knowledge to the crowd and the ed. is special

I am the one and I am the master

I am the king and this is my castle

dwell in realms of now but vidi those of the past

seen a glimpse from ahead and I don't think it's gonna last

and you can bet your ass
against any pete nice verse

The Wizzard
08-22-2006, 04:09 AM
I'll even Give you egg man was a goofy tune, but Pual's Boutique is far from faggoty if you really give it a listen

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 04:14 AM
dude i have really given it a listen
y'know its just not very good and them tryin to spit political just dont work
basically i view the beasties as a singles group, other than licensed to ill i havent enjoyed one of their albums
3rd bass shit all over the beasties listen to 'derelicts of dialect', then listen to 'pauls boutique' you will soon realize what a faggy psychedelic record this is.

tekunique
08-22-2006, 10:55 AM
wtf..lol

first of all let me just say that Mix Master Mike is one of my fav. djs on the planet, and is one of the sickest nigga ever to touch a pair of turntables.

Besties knew whats up, when they asked him to be their dj..

Besties aint hip hop ? you must be chokin on that dick too long, fucking with your judgements. Besties are one of the few groups now that still represents the oldschool real hip hop.

straight up mceein and djin, the dj cuttin up records and the mcees goin back n forth to the beat.. thats HIP HOP, in the rawest form, just keepin the energy up, rockin the crowd. thats hip hop, thats how hip hop started, WAY BEFORE shit got pressed on LPs & cassettes. shit was done LIVE and its sad that alot of niggas now just base hip hip on their fav. albums etc.

plus Besties' first album was produced by Rick Ruben, a fucking genius i might add. the productions on Licence To Ill was phenominal, even Dr. Dre bit off the samples like a muhfucka on Straight Outta Compton album.

to that kid, thats sayin Besties aint hip hop, do you even KNOW what hip hop really is ? why do i somehow doubt that you do.....

The Wizzard
08-22-2006, 01:14 PM
^^Good Shit

FrenchShin
08-22-2006, 01:27 PM
right, they worked with great ppl... the Invisibl Skratch Picklz, Rick Rubin, Money Mark... they got nice ppl on Grand Royal too.

benzo
08-22-2006, 02:47 PM
explain

well, it's two pages later lol....ya know what I mean now? it's fucking impossible to have a discussion on here without it degenerating into a he's right/he's wrong pissing contest. respect others opinions and agree to disagree if ya'll feel so strongly. fuck.

btw- you were on point with most of your posts.

I'm out!

IRAN
08-22-2006, 03:10 PM
They have been making music for over 20 years, people still buy their records now, they must be doing something right.

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
They have been making music for over 20 years, people still buy their records now, they must be doing something white.

beasties are definetly hip hop, but most hip hop fans dont fuck with em

IRAN
08-22-2006, 03:20 PM
Hip hop has so may sub-genres though, in my mind you either like something or you dont, people always try and catogorize music, who cares if they are hip-hop. In my mind they are hip-hop, the tune 3mc's and 1 dj would back that up.

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 03:25 PM
i just think this argument, well its not even an argument...the beasties are a mediocre white hip hop group and thats all there is to it

IRAN
08-22-2006, 03:26 PM
Mediocre no way.

ShaDynasty
08-22-2006, 03:39 PM
beasties are a very devisive group
i'd like an ad rock solo album tho

tekunique
08-22-2006, 04:15 PM
i just think this argument, well its not even an argument...the beasties are a mediocre white hip hop group and thats all there is to it

no, house of pain was a mediocre hip hop group.

whitey
08-22-2006, 09:23 PM
the two kids takling head about the beasties in here you just dont know what your talking about. straight up and down.

Trying to say the only reason they sell is because they are white. Please, how much the last 3rd base album sell?

And you do know third base was only signed to def jam to fill the void left by the beastie boys (which they could never and would never fill, well because, they just arent even close to being as good) when they didnt want to conform and act like some ganster white boys that they knew they werent.

They are one of the few rap groups that have stayed true to themselves, never sold out, and continue to put out good music. They dont do commericals, they dont put out Tical the Pre-qual type bullshit, they just do the damn thing.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-25-2006, 09:18 AM
co sign

Punch
08-25-2006, 03:18 PM
can we at least agree that this thread should be moved to the Hip-Hop forum?

jallainINS
08-25-2006, 03:38 PM
i never really felt them that much. but i dont knock others for likin them cuz everyones got their opinion. just never been able to get into their music.

benzo
08-25-2006, 04:13 PM

no

Wu-Ronin
08-25-2006, 07:18 PM
Fuck The Beastie Boys

ShaDynasty
08-25-2006, 07:31 PM
the two kids takling head about the beasties in here you just dont know what your talking about. straight up and down.

Trying to say the only reason they sell is because they are white. Please, how much the last 3rd base album sell?

And you do know third base was only signed to def jam to fill the void left by the beastie boys (which they could never and would never fill, well because, they just arent even close to being as good) when they didnt want to conform and act like some ganster white boys that they knew they werent.

They are one of the few rap groups that have stayed true to themselves, never sold out, and continue to put out good music. They dont do commericals, they dont put out Tical the Pre-qual type bullshit, they just do the damn thing.
lol
3rd bass arent as good as the beasties?!
3rd bass can actually rap well, beasties fell into the profession through chance.
also who gives a fuck about record sales, the beasties were on some pop shit, thats why they sold
i cant believe people talkin about record sales mean these cats were better!
most people that bought the beasties first 2 joints werent even hip hop fans!
3rd bass deserve way more credit than they get. they made white rap credible, not the beasties

The Wizzard
08-26-2006, 04:11 AM
they made white rap credible, not the beasties

Bullshit

tekunique
08-26-2006, 05:09 AM
lol.. cmon, 3rd Bass was aight, no doubt, but the truth is, they fell off.. cuz besides being white, they werent anything phenomenol. Beasties had such a distinctive style that seperated them from the rest and that made them succssful, built their fan base which remained for 20 fucking years..lol they made legendary tracks, Paul Revere for example, one of the illest story tellin rhymes everybody knows.. and like i said, they always kept it real and respect the oldschool and the culture. straight mceein over beats provided by the dj. they aint the illest lyricist, but who can not reckonize their voice ? all 3 of them have that signature voice. i aint shittin on 3rd Bass but in reality, they couldnt keep up with the beasties. when discussing real art, you gotta learn to seperate biasism and the truth, peace.

ShaDynasty
08-26-2006, 07:17 AM
nah i aint buyin that shit you just said
3rd bass never fell off, they just decided to quit, rather than stay around and get laughed at because they were past it (like the beasties)
3rd bass were a classic hip hop group, the real school shit
the beasties cant rap! and they dont say anything interesting on their records!
bass had beats as well, do you even own a 3rd bass record?!
also why did they have to keep up with the beasties, they had nothin to do with the beasties!
the beasties were experimental and shit, 3rd bass just made good hip hop records

The Wizzard
08-26-2006, 12:45 PM
^they did make good hip-hop records, but talking more historically the beastie boys made white rap acceptable not 3rd Bass who you ask most kids today won't know, but everyone knows the beasties and that is somthing to be said, they are pioneers in hip-hop and 2rd bass probably would not have been around without the beasties.

whitey
08-26-2006, 12:54 PM
nah i aint buyin that shit you just said
3rd bass never fell off, they just decided to quit, rather than stay around and get laughed at because they were past it (like the beasties)
3rd bass were a classic hip hop group, the real school shit
the beasties cant rap! and they dont say anything interesting on their records!
bass had beats as well, do you even own a 3rd bass record?!
also why did they have to keep up with the beasties, they had nothin to do with the beasties!
the beasties were experimental and shit, 3rd bass just made good hip hop records

dude you probably wouldnt even know who 3rd bass is if it werent for the beastie boys. def jam wanted a white rap group, the beasites were it. when they left, def jam had to find a replacment. alla 3rd bass. they werent gettin it done, and then they were dunzo. simple as that.

ShaDynasty
08-26-2006, 07:19 PM
dude you probably wouldnt even know who 3rd bass is if it werent for the beastie boys. def jam wanted a white rap group, the beasites were it. when they left, def jam had to find a replacment. alla 3rd bass. they werent gettin it done, and then they were dunzo. simple as that.

they quit through their own choice, they werent dropped, they both had solo albums on def jam
3rd bass knew when to call it a day, beasties is 3 40 year old white guys tryna act like they were born emcees
im losing my interest in this thread now anyway
all yall can go suck mike ds cock
ill go listen to REAL hip hop (3rd bass)

whitey
08-26-2006, 09:07 PM
there just putting out music, stuffs thats relivant to them. they went on some political stuff because thats where there at in their life. they want to try and do something. instead of put out to same bullshit that seems to spew out of most all rappers mouths.

tekunique
08-28-2006, 12:12 PM
MODS, please move this thread to the Hip Hop section. Thanx.

benzo
08-28-2006, 04:46 PM

no

The Wizzard
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM

Word

no

You don't know shit.

Punch
08-28-2006, 06:03 PM
no

you're a Mod?

mashupcreation
08-29-2006, 12:50 AM
Fight for your right to party and no sleep till brooklyn still get blasted loud. Usually while im driving. Those 2 tunes never fail to put a smile on my face. I am surprised they done a tour and are still together. So they were good ?
Did u know the video for no sleep till brooklyn got voted the worst video ever made.
While we are down memory i want to advise the younger generation to pretend vanilla ice didnt happen and to look up and acknoledge Snow.
His 1 and only hit is called Informer and is due for a rerelease any year now.
The scene was still in its earley stages at the time.
Every one was into break dancing and graffiti art. Grand master flash and the furiou 5 warned us back then about cokaine with a hit called white lines (go away) Then out of the blue came Snow with informer. A classic.
He was called snow cos he was the whitest man ive ever seen.Even his hair was white. I couldnt wait for his second release but he got shot,
The great white hope was gone. The next white man to even contend lyrically was Emenem (respec in the high ).
Look up white lines as well. Words of wisdom.

The women get excited' the money gets divided
now im broke. its no joke etc

Shit ! I feal old but happy to have lived those days. Every thing seemed so innocent compared to now.

mashupcreation
08-29-2006, 01:04 AM
They were very entertaing and love em or hate em they .were definately pioneers. You seem to know stuff.
Question for the forum ?
Alot of peaple think Sugar hill gangs Rapers Delight started rap. (Still a great tune) Not so. I remember it like it was yesterday. Double dutch by Malcolm Mc laren was out at the time. Ure clue is the person who invented rap was a women .
I bet Wutang all know. The person with the first correct answer wins some of my rightousness. I have to much.

mashupcreation
08-29-2006, 01:08 AM
That is one way to settle any debate's going on.

The Wizzard
08-29-2006, 04:25 AM
^Thanks for the history lesson, but put it in another thread, and the fact that you only named Fight For your Right and No Sleep is suspect.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-29-2006, 05:20 AM
They were very entertaing and love em or hate em they .were definately pioneers. You seem to know stuff.
Question for the forum ?
Alot of peaple think Sugar hill gangs Rapers Delight started rap. (Still a great tune) Not so. I remember it like it was yesterday. Double dutch by Malcolm Mc laren was out at the time. Ure clue is the person who invented rap was a women .
I bet Wutang all know. The person with the first correct answer wins some of my rightousness. I have to much.

as far as i know kool herc was one of the originators. but im not questioning your supreme knowledge.

ShaDynasty
08-29-2006, 05:53 AM
there was a lot of cats in the mid/late 70s that could claim to be "pioneers"
the scene was blossoming, it was still underground, but it was evolving quickly, i dont think anyone is the "originator" of all this music, although Cold Crush Bros are closest
also 3rd Bass are the best white rap group and best white rappers by a mile
yall talkin bout the beasties? and now snow?!
snow wasnt even a proper rapper, he was on some reggae type shit!
ive decided that i change my mind, beasties arent hip hop, because theyre too shit

mashupcreation
08-29-2006, 07:58 AM
The first rap to hit the mainstream with a huge hit and worldwide appeal and really made others see its potential was a simple but effective rape on a Blondie track called rapture which was an experiment for her but not for the other acts that started to appear daily after Raptures release. I wouldnt even class it as a rap tune but the rap she use's half way through it opened alot of creative minds.
Check it out. For me it was rapers delight. I still love that tune after all these years.
Hip hop has never been my main thing unless its something exceptional but it has always been around me. WT and Method man have achieved the impossible and won me over.
Hey fella's. Can any one give me a list of O D B'S videos ? I'm not sure how many he done. I have Brooklyn zoo and shimmy shimmy which i love to watch and hear. Pure entertainment. I was looking forward to him making many more until i heard the bad news. So now i will get whats available.

Punch
08-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Hey mods

mashupcreation
08-29-2006, 08:03 AM
Actually your right. I have just listened to Informer. Its not rap. But i still like it.

benzo
08-29-2006, 11:54 AM
Word

You don't know shit.

I know for a fact that you are a fucking moron. I start the thread, drop knowledge about em, and you spend your time being annoyed that you have to click "Sound Shack" instead of "Hip-Hop" forum. You should probably start up a couple new threads in Hip-Hop about B-Boys then and get the fuck outta this one you fuckin crybaby.

tekunique
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I know for a fact that you are a fucking moron. I start the thread, drop knowledge about em, and you spend your time being annoyed that you have to click "Sound Shack" instead of "Hip-Hop" forum. You should probably start up a couple new threads in Hip-Hop about B-Boys then and get the fuck outta this one you fuckin crybaby.
i didnt realize YOU were the one who made the thread. since you made it, you have the right to put it whereever you want. but let me ask you, what made you throw it up on the sound shack ? by reading your post, you claim they are pioneers etc. then you should def. know beasties are hip hop, whatevers man im just pickin your brain, and btw, i was at the final concert of their last tour @ MSG NYC. peace.

benzo
08-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Tekunique-what's up man? i have been defending them on my beleif that they are indeed true hip-hop. the reason i put it here though is that, as i stated earlier, they don't do JUST hip-hop. they have been blending styles and innovating outside of the hip-hop realm but IMO, that doesn't take away from their hip-hop credibility. It's too bad the thread turned into a Hip-hop VS non hip-hop issue cause that wasn't the point. go back and read some of the posts I made earlier. my intention was to spark appreciation for these dudes who've made alot of great music, including some classic, real hip-hop. I saw em in Dallas and it was incredible! Peace-

tekunique
08-29-2006, 12:57 PM
the reason i put it here though is that, as i stated earlier, they don't do JUST hip-hop. they have been blending styles and innovating outside of the hip-hop realm but IMO, that doesn't take away from their hip-hop credibility.
now i see your intention, and your statement is indeed true. thanx clearin shit up, peace.

The Wizzard
08-29-2006, 04:40 PM

It's not i'm annoyed about clicking one as opposed to the other, it's more about giving credit and the message, to me, is fucked up when they are in sound shack.

then all this shit came to be an argument about wheater they are hip-hop or not. But I read and you've cleared things up for me. The deal is they have tripped with different styles but in the end they are still hip-hop and when I say "you don't know shit" I'll say I was wrong, i'm just a music nerd with nothin better to do than get stoned and argue on the internet.

peace.

CharlesJones
08-29-2006, 08:14 PM
Beastie Boys suck. Only album i like by them is Licensed To Ill. I remember when they performed She's On It song in Krush Groove movie, they got booed LOL.

benzo
08-30-2006, 11:32 AM
All good Wizzard. It's more fun to build and learn than argue so you should find yourself having a great time here! Peace-

tekunique
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
The first rap to hit the mainstream with a huge hit and worldwide appeal and really made others see its potential was a simple but effective rape on a Blondie track called rapture which was an experiment for her but not for the other acts that started to appear daily after Raptures release. I wouldnt even class it as a rap tune but the rap she use's half way through it opened alot of creative minds.
Check it out.

Fab Five Freddie told me everybody's high
DJ's spinnin' are savin' my mind
Flash is fast, Flash is cool [Grandmaster Flash..]
Francois sez fas, Flashe' no do
And you don't stop, sure shot
Go out to the parking lot
And you get in your car and you drive real far
And you drive all night and then you see a light
And it comes right down and lands on the ground
And out comes a man from Mars
And you try to run but he's got a gun
And he shoots you dead and he eats your head
And then you're in the man from Mars
You go out at night, eatin' cars
You eat Cadillacs, Lincolns too
Mercurys and Subarus
And you don't stop, you keep on eatin' cars
Then, when there's no more cars
You go out at night and eat up bars where the people meet
Face to face, dance cheek to cheek
One to one, man to man
Dance toe to toe
Don't move to slow, 'cause the man from Mars
Is through with cars, he's eatin' bars
Yeah, wall to wall, door to door, hall to hall
He's gonna eat 'em all
Rapture, be pure
Take a tour, through the sewer
Don't strain your brain, paint a train
You'll be singin' in the rain
I said don't stop, do punk rock

Well now you see what you wanna be
Just have your party on TV (http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/blondie/rapture/#)
'Cause the man from Mars won't eat up bars when the TV's on
And now he's gone back up to space
Where he won't have a hassle with the human race (http://www.absolutelyrics.com/lyrics/view/blondie/rapture/#)
And you hip-hop, and you don't stop
Just blast off, sure shot
'Cause the man from Mars stopped eatin' cars and eatin' bars
And now he only eats guitars, get up!

this shit came out like in 76/77.. word.

ShaDynasty
08-30-2006, 03:17 PM
eatin cars, lol that always makes me laugh when i hear it

IRAN
08-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Fight for your right to party and no sleep till brooklyn still get blasted loud. Usually while im driving. Those 2 tunes never fail to put a smile on my face. I am surprised they done a tour and are still together. So they were good ?
Did u know the video for no sleep till brooklyn got voted the worst video ever made.
While we are down memory i want to advise the younger generation to pretend vanilla ice didnt happen and to look up and acknoledge Snow.
His 1 and only hit is called Informer and is due for a rerelease any year now.
The scene was still in its earley stages at the time.
Every one was into break dancing and graffiti art. Grand master flash and the furiou 5 warned us back then about cokaine with a hit called white lines (go away) Then out of the blue came Snow with informer. A classic.
He was called snow cos he was the whitest man ive ever seen.Even his hair was white. I couldnt wait for his second release but he got shot,
The great white hope was gone. The next white man to even contend lyrically was Emenem (respec in the high ).
Look up white lines as well. Words of wisdom.

The women get excited' the money gets divided
now im broke. its no joke etc

Shit ! I feal old but happy to have lived those days. Every thing seemed so innocent compared to now.

Are you being serious about Snow?? That track is fucking shit!! Really shit.

whitey
08-30-2006, 08:59 PM
beastie boys sickest ever.

tekunique
08-31-2006, 01:45 AM
Are you being serious about Snow?? That track is fucking shit!! Really shit.
you know MC Shan discovered him & spit a verse on Informer righ ?

IRAN
08-31-2006, 10:45 AM
you know MC Shan discovered him & spit a verse on Informer righ ?

Have you heard the track? Its a fucking joke.

milhouse75
09-01-2006, 05:14 PM
snow wasn't shot. he actually released a few more albums after '12 inches of snow' (album w/ informer)... i remember watching a video for a song called 'sexy girl', which was more of a slow jam. like everyone else in the third grade, i thought "informer" was the shit. it's still not thaaat bad.

anyways, i think the beasties can't be confined in a hiphop forum. they've done too many great things.

nobody's mentioned that they started grand royale which was a dope ass label.

thru the label, when ODB was first incarcerated, they sold a shirt that read "FREE ODB". So all you Wu dickriders gotta respect that.

then they signed At the drive-in. which if you know anything about contemporary rock music, you'd know what's up. From that, they broke into the mainstream, broke up, and started Sparta and the Mars Volta

The best album i think the beasties have done, and is my personal favorite is "Check Your Head". How many other rap groups have written, recorded and played their own instruments on their own album? it's so nuts, on the same album you got funk tracks like "Pow!" or punk tracks like "time for living" (which i think is a cover of a Sly and the Family Stone song, done up real nasty and grimey hardcore punk). and you can't forget "whatcha want", "finger lickin'", "pass the mic", "gratitude"...

they even sample from Wild Style on one of the later tracks :
"i heard your female was hanging around them too. giving it to all them graffitti guys." "shut the fuck up chico mang."

From grand royale, they started their own magazine and started 'X-Large' the clothing brand, and became heavy supporters of the tibeten fredom festivals in the 90's.
__________________________________________________ _________

They may not be the best emcees ('i did her like this, i did her like that, i did her with a wifferball bat, soooo....'), but they've done so much cool shit! all those music videos, especially 'sabitage'?!?!?!? the beasties are amazing, you'd be a fool not to see that.

cop 'check your head' i love gettin' busy in my studio with that blastin.

ShaDynasty
09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
fuck yall
check out the 3rd bass thread
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25103

benzo
09-01-2006, 05:24 PM
^grow up. go away.

ShaDynasty
09-01-2006, 06:45 PM
^grow up. go away.

im grown, im just sayin check out 3rd bass before you start jockin the beasties

oDoUoSoKo
09-01-2006, 07:11 PM
beastie boys shit on, spit up on, piss on, nut on, 3rd bass...but 3rd is a good groop no doubt

INF
09-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Ayo, anybody got that Beastles Mash up? Need that shit.

oDoUoSoKo
09-02-2006, 01:09 PM
" i tol him i was makiin hits while u was suckin ya mothers dick!"

milhouse75
09-02-2006, 06:35 PM
Ayo, anybody got that Beastles Mash up? Need that shit.

are you talking about DJ Green Lantern - "New York State of Mind"

prolly one of the best mixtapes i've ever heard. green lantern's got crazy skills. beasties over some classic tracks blended flawlessly. transitions are ill and on point too!