Apocalypse
01-18-2010, 09:18 PM
nice track, but that beat is AMAZING!

claaa7
01-19-2010, 03:33 AM
props, gonna check it out in a minute.. Poet is everything but average

tragedykhadafi12
01-19-2010, 07:39 AM
Maybe poet is average to that one guy but to me he is way above average... depends on perspective and the person I guess.

fatboybrandon
01-19-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm glad to still hear from Poet, he's been around since the late 80's and considered a pioneer of QB hip hop. He shows alot of personality as an MC, with an aggressive rhyme flow and voice.

That track w him and Ty Nitty sounds good, this seems like a good time for QB artists to take a stand in hip hop and bring attention to their talent. I hope they bless us with some good, original street music in 2010

claaa7
01-19-2010, 11:28 AM
here's an mp3 for download (http://usershare.net/foncgnzy6byc)

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-19-2010, 11:37 AM
he is also average to me, I'd compare him to a poorer version of Sean P without humor

the beat is amazing tho.

Longbongcilvaringz
01-19-2010, 01:19 PM
What Poet has going for him is that he can flow on beat, which i can't say for about 90% of mc's right now.

Which is why when Premo gives him an album worth of dope beats, he makes them all into dope tracks.

Give the same beats to Nas, Raekwon or whoever else, and they'd turn out a couple of good tracks and a bag of weak shit.

His lyrics are decent.

This track is nice.

angry!
01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
poet is fuckin nice!!!!!

vivid storyteller, strong delivery, creative concepts, and always brings crazy energy and honesty!!!!!!
WyGaBdd6Q3o

songs like this dont get penned by average emcees... that shit is fuckin heart on wax!!!!!!!! hes a street legend that never gave a fuck about playing the industry game, nigga has been a beast on the mic since the early 80s!!!!!!!!

he is also average to me, I'd compare him to a poorer version of Sean P without humor

i know opinions are like assholes, we all have them.... but not everyone has a mangled asshole and bullshit opinion like you do!!!!! go trance at club bitch and shut the fuck up!!!!!!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-22-2010, 06:03 AM
ohh, sure, this is why the most hyped album next to OB4CLII failed miserably by the critics, as this album is known as the biggest letdown

like the track 2 to the stomach

it's pure old school, we all love that, but it has only one dope line, everything else is just his flowing

claaa7
01-22-2010, 09:20 AM
^ "2 to the Stomach" ain't even on the album and 'Tha Blaqprint' got a shitload of good reviews - mostly in the 4/5 era altho of course there were a few that did't like it.

angry!
01-22-2010, 11:54 AM
ohh, sure, this is why the most hyped album next to OB4CLII failed miserably by the critics, as this album is known as the biggest letdown

like the track 2 to the stomach

it's pure old school, we all love that, but it has only one dope line, everything else is just his flowing

i dont let critics decide, i form my own opinion homie!!!!!! they mean nothing, the majority of hip hop journalists that get jocked these days are soft, biased, homos, that are familiar with fractions of hip history!!!!!!!

the blaqprint is bangin, if you were up on preem youd realize poet is one of the nicest emcees to get the full length treatment from the god!!!!!!

one dope line!??!? poet isnt a meta physical battle rapper dog, hes a street nigga from queens bridge that gives you the truth!!!!

the blaqprint had some of the best storytelling tracks of last year, maybe you should give it a listen!!!!!! concept tracks, storytelling, real emotion, youre just hating on some street shit to hate kid!!!!!!

claaa7
01-22-2010, 11:58 AM
i dont let critics decide, i form my own opinion homie!!!!!! they mean nothing, the majority of hip hop journalists that get jocked these days are soft, biased, homos, that are familiar with fractions of hip history!!!!!!!

the blaqprint is bangin, if you were up on preem youd realize poet is one of the nicest emcees to get the full length treatment from the god!!!!!!

one dope line!??!? poet isnt a meta physical battle rapper dog, hes a street nigga from queens bridge that gives you the truth!!!!

the blaqprint had some of the best storytelling tracks of last year, maybe you should give it a listen!!!!!! concept tracks, storytelling, real emotion, youre just hating on some street shit to hate kid!!!!!!

word, i definitely been waiting for an album as rugged and street as Poet and Preem delivered last year. besides MOP and Bumpy Knucks i can't think of 1 MC that does the street shit as raw and uncut as Blaq Po these days - plus he got an impeccable voice; when he speaks you'll listen.

RAW-TASTE
01-23-2010, 03:52 PM
poet is nice wit it.....lyrics are kinda simplistic at times but he brings the ny street grime right to the front

Meta4
01-24-2010, 01:26 AM
^^^^no doubt. dude makes rugged thug shit, gotta love it if you from it.

tragedykhadafi12
01-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Poet is incredible and one of my favorites. The new screwball album is gonna be hot. Honestly the only rappers that sound as hard as blaq poet are like DMX...MOP...Bumpy Knuckles...sticky fingaz first album and maybe a few others.

tragedykhadafi12
01-24-2010, 05:36 PM
This would be like the hardest video ever if it was full length

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOn-oZxg4c

claaa7
01-24-2010, 05:49 PM
This would be like the hardest video ever if it was full length

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOn-oZxg4c

word, i love that joint - shit goes HARD!! i definitely hope Preem laces Poet's next joint as well cuz that combination is just as deadly as Gang Starr