PDA

View Full Version : odd time signature Hip-Hop - new Mad Conductor EP

MadConductor
01-18-2010, 11:18 PM
The Mad Conductor has just released a four song EP entitled "Central America". It is a hip-hop record where all the songs stray from traditional 4/4 time. This has not been done very often but can sound very interesting and cool if done properly. Give the single "Cross Gates Estates" a listen at Myspace.com/themadconductor or go to Amazon.com and hear the samples, the mp3-EP is available on Amazon for $3.56. This may be the next step in hip-hop music.

LORD NOSE
01-18-2010, 11:39 PM
15 years later

:nonono:

oDoUoSoKo
01-19-2010, 12:14 AM
smh ive been working on a few off 4 to the floor tracks as of late...

MadConductor
01-19-2010, 05:51 PM
15 years after what?

fatboybrandon
01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
listen at Myspace.com/themadconductor or go to Amazon.com and hear the samples, the mp3-EP is available on Amazon for $3.56. This may be the next step in hip-hop music.

that's some interesting stuff there MadConductor, it's interesting to hear how musicians and bands interpret hip hop sound. The MC has skills and the songs tell a story.

Whatever you do, make sure those drums stand out and remember the simplicity of hip hop sound in comparison to other forms of music. I think the music is put together well, but I admit on the first listen it sounded weird to me as hip hop, being that it's so heavily composed with live playing. I appreciate it as a new, original form of musical expression, keep doing what you do

MadConductor
01-20-2010, 05:55 PM
thanks yo, for having a listen. I figured most cats on here wouldn't feel it, but why not tell people about it. I love Wu and they influenced me. But I follow what Ghost said, "I don't want no body sounding like me on no album." So I came from my own heart with this shit. We'll be around for a minute, and have been for about 5 years now.