View Full Version : Remember these?

diggy
01-21-2010, 12:26 AM
a6ruZj5E8eY

-yLsA29jzSs

Post more joints from the 90s.

CharlesJones
01-21-2010, 09:29 AM
I've never seen Paris's The Days Of Old video. That's my favorite song by him. I like the sample he used from The Blackbyrds called Mysterious Vibes.

fatboybrandon
01-21-2010, 11:15 AM
Those are some good choices FMJ, smoothed out hip hop without losing it's edge and coming off commercial. I like how more artists then than now like Latifah & Paris made songs to provide greater piece of mind and awareness, I wasn't at an age where I had much responsibility in 92, so the message of the songs have greater meaning to me nowadays.

Here's Kurious using that same mellow Blackbyrds sample to kick some inspirational messages, his music reminds me of 1992 in NY
y89aXhy26k8

remember the 2 brothers from World Renown? This is an uplifting, laid back joint I remember, produced by Marley Marl
N3Pfg-RIHoM

There's too damn many heatrocks to name from this era, but I'd like to see people post the laid back joints like Latifah & Paris, there's always room to listen to those on a daily basis

CharlesJones
01-21-2010, 11:30 AM
The Almighty RSO also used that same Blackbyrds sample on a song they did with Smif N Wessun and M.O.P. Benzino used to be with The Almighty RSO for those that don't remember. I'm surprised Queen Latifah is getting some love shown on here because i've posted about her before and nobody responded. Queen Latifah got some lyrics for your ass fellas. Don't think because she went Hollywood that she can't catch wreck and slay your ass lyrically. The thing that disappointed me about her is that she didn't do more hardcore joints like Just Another Day, Black Hand Side, Elements I'm Among on Sunset Park soundtrack, Jersey on New Jersey Drive soundtrack, Name Callin on Set It Off soundtrack. That's why i didn't listen to her albums because she didn't do a lot of hardcore songs. You would think since she can rhyme so good that she would've did more hardcore joints. That's the same thing that disappointed me about Yo Yo and MC Lyte. They're very good lyrically also and didn't do enough hardcore songs. Only album i like by Yo Yo is You Better Ask Somebody. MC Lyte's Ruffneck and I Go On songs from her Ain't No Other album are the shit. I also like her Rock Da Party remix with Missy Elliott that sampled Diana Ross's Upside Down song.

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 11:58 AM
See what i mean? Nobody responded to this after i mentioned Queen Latifah LOL. Queen Latifah gets no love on here and that's a shame. These are my favorite 90's rap videos.

1. Common-Breaker 1/9, Soul By The Pound, Take It EZ, I Used To Love Her(what a shame his music turned gay after Resurrection album LOL)
2. Erick Sermon-Stay Real, Hostile, Hittin Switches, Bomdigi, Welcome
3. Keith Murray-The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World, Get Lifted, The Rhyme, This That Hit
4. Redman-Time 4 Sum Axsion, Tonight's Da Night, Rockafella, Can't Wait, It's Like That with K-Solo, Whateva Man, Pick It Up, Funkorama
5. EPMD-Headbanger, Crossover, Give The People What They Want, Da Joint, Symphony 2000
6. PMD-I Saw It Cummin, Ruff Rugged And Raw
7. K Solo-I Can't Hold It Back
8. Das EFX-Mic Checka, Straight From The Sewer, They Want EFX remix, Baknaffek, Freakit, Real Hip Hop, Microphone Master
9. Ice T-Gotta Lotta Love, G Style, I Ain't New To This
10. Ice Cube-Steady Mobbin, Be True To The Game, Wicked, It Was A Good Day, Check Yo Self, What Can I Do, Pushin Weight, Friday, The World Is Mine
11. Nas-The World Is Yours original version and remix, It Ain't Hard To Tell, One Love, Nas Is Like, Nastradamus
12. Mobb Deep-Survival Of The Fittest, Shook Ones, Hell On Earth, Quiet Storm original version and remix, Back At You
13. Queen Latifah-Black Hand Side, Just Another Day, Elements I'm Among
14. MC Lyte-Ruffneck, I Go On
15. Da Brat-Funkdafied, Fa All Ya'll
16. Kris Kross-Warm It Up, The Way Of The Rhyme, It's A Shame, Alright, I'm Real
17. Da Youngstas-Pass Da Mic, Iz U Wit Me, Crewz Pop, Hip Hop Ride, Mad Props
18. Illegal-Back In The Day, We Getz Busy
19. Jamal-Fades Em All
20. Warren G-Regulate, This DJ, What We Go Through
21. Onyx-Throw Ya Gunz, Slam, Last Days, Live, Shut Em Down, The Worst
22. Naughty By Nature-OPP, Uptown Anthem, Hip Hop Hooray, It's On, Written On Ya Kitten, Feel Me Flow, Hang Out And Hustle, Craziest, Dirt All By My Lonely, Jamboree, Mourn You Till I Join You, Klickow Klickow
23. Run DMC-The Ave, Down With The King, Oooh Whatcha Gonna Do
24. KRS One-Duck Down, Sound Of Da Police, Outta Here, Return Of The Boom Bap, Rappers R N Dainja, MC's Act Like They Don't Know, Ah Yeah, Step Into A World
25. Jayo Felony-The Loc Is On His Own, Whatcha Gonna Do
26. MC Eiht-Hood Took Me Under, All For The Money, You Can't See Me, Automatic, Streiht Up Menace
27. Spice 1-Dumpin Em In Ditches, The Murda Show, Trigga Gots No Heart
28. Raekwon-Criminaolgy, Incarcerated Scarfaces, Heaven And Hell, 100 Rounds
29. Ghostface Killah-Motherless Child
30. Method Man-Bring The Pain, Release Yo Delf
31. Inspectah Deck-Word On The Street
32. Wu Tang Clan-Can It Be All So Simple, Cream, Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothin To Fuck Wit, Da Mystery Of Chessboxin, Method Man, Protect Ya Neck, It's Yourz
33. Old Dirty Bastard-Brooklyn Zoo
34. Jay Z-Ain't No Nigga, Can't Knock The Hustle, Streets Is Watching, Hard Knock Life, Can I Get A, Do It Again, It's Alright
35. AZ-Sugar Hill, Hey AZ
36. The Firm-Firm Biz
37. Capone And Noreaga-T.O.N.Y.
38. Noreaga-Superthug
39. Foxy Brown-I'll Be, Hot Spot, Bad Mamma Jamma
40. Little Kim-No Time
41. Puff Daddy-All About The Benjamins, Can't Nobody Hold Me Down
42. Mic Geronimo-Masta IC, Wherever You Are, It's Real
43. OC-Time's Up, Born 2 Live, Far From Yourz
44. Pharoahe Monch-Simon Says
45. MOP-How About Some Hardcore
46. Fat Joe-How To Flow, Watch The Sound, It's Real
47. Group Home-Livin Proof, Supa Star
48. Jeru The Damaja-D Original, Come Clean, Ya Playin Yaself
49. Gang Starr-Dwyck, Take It Personal, Ex Girl To The Next Girl, Mass Appeal, Suckas Need Bodyguards, You Know My Steez, Royalty, The Militia, Gotta Get Over, Full Clip
50. Eric B and Rakim-Don't Sweat The Technique, Know The Ledge
51. MC Ren-Final Frontier, Same Ol Thing, Forget What Ya Heard, Mayday On The Frontline, Mad Scientist
52. Eazy E-Real Compton City G's, Only If You Want It, Neighborhood Sniper
53. NWA-Alwayz Into Somethin
54. WC-West Up, The One, Just Clownin, Cheddar
55. The Alkaholics-Damn
56. Xzibit-What You See Is What You Get
57. GZA-Liquid Swords, Cold World, I Gotcha Back
58. Leaders Of The New School-Classic Material, What's Next
59. Busta Rhymes-Woohah I Got You All In Check
60. Apache-Hey Girl
61. Boss-Deeper, Process Of Elimination, Recipe, Run Catch And Kill
62. Above The Law-Call It What You Want, VSOP, Black Superman, Kalifornia, Endonesia, Adventures Of
63. 2Pac-If My Homies Call, Trapped, Holler If Ya Hear Me, Keep Ya Head Up, I Get Around, 2 Of Amerikka's Most Wanted, Made Figgaz
64. Snoop Dogg-What's My Name
65. Dr Dre-Dre Day, Let Me Ride, Nuthin But A G Thing, Still Dre, The Next Episode
66. Dogg Pound-New York New York, Let's Play House
67. Kurupt-Gimmewhatchagot, Ask Yourself A Question, Tha Streets Is A Mutha
68. The Cru-Just Another Case
69. Tracey Lee-The Theme(It's Party Time)
70. Camp Lo-Luchini, Coolie High
71. Smoothe Da Hustler-Broken Language, My Brother My Ace
72. Trigger Tha Gambler-Bust
73. Grand Puba and Mary J Blige-Check It Out
74. Brand Nubian-Slow Down, Punks Jump Up To Get Beat Down, Word Is Bond, Hold On, Don't Let It Go To Your Head
75. Positive K-I Got A Man, Carhoppers
76. Wreckx N Effect-Wreckx Shop, Rump Shaker
77. Poison Clan-Check Out The Avenue
78. Luke-Cowards In Compton
79. 2 Live Crew-Pop That Coochie
80. Mack 10-Foe Life, Backyard Boogie, Hoo Bangin
81. K Dee-Hittin Corners
82. Kausion-Whatcha Wanna Do
83. The B.U.M.S.-Free My Mind, Take A Look Around
84. Ahmad-Back In The Day, You Gotta Be
85. The Coup-Not Yet Free, Dig It, Funk
86. Geto Boys-My Mind Playing Tricks On Me, Six Feet Deep, Straight Gangstaism, The World Is A Ghetto
87. Willie D-Clean Up Man, You Still Black
88. Scarface-Money And The Power, A Minute To Pray And A Second To Die, Let Me Roll, Hand Of The Dead Body, Streetlife, Homies And Thugs, Recognize(this song didn't come out in the 90's because it's on Balls And My Word album that came out in 2003 but i love this video.)

claaa7
01-23-2010, 12:19 PM
^ lol did you just type up all that right now?

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Yes i did hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I type pretty fast because i took typing class in high school. I forgot about these videos also.

Black Moon-How Many MC's(this video is my shit because it's so hardcore), I Got Cha Opin
Smif And Wessun-Bucktown, Let's Get It On, Sound Bwoy Burreil, Spanish Harlem, Won On Won, Black Trump
OGC-No Fear
Heltah Skeltah-I Ain't Havin That

I got Boot Camp Click's videos dvd. That's a must have for ya'll real hip hop heads. I love Sean Price's Boom Bye Yeah song and video.

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 12:42 PM
LL Cool J-Jingling Baby, Mama Said Knock You Out, How I'm Comin, Doin It, Loungin, Hey Lover, I Shot Ya, 4,3,2,1
Canibus-2nd Round Knockout
Ja Rule-Holla Holla
DMX-Ruff Ryders Anthem, Get At Me Dog

11th Chamber
01-23-2010, 12:44 PM
86. Geto Boys-My Mind Playing Tricks On Me

still one of my favorite vids to this day. Lol its like a poorly produced movie, but its so dope

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Pete Rock and CL Smooth-They Reminisce Over You, Straighten It Out, Mecca And The Soul Brother, I Got A Love, Take You There
Pete Rock, Inspectah Deck, Kurupt-Tru Master
Doug E Fresh-Iight
Sadat X and Akinyele-Loud Hangover
Little Vicious-Freaks(i know he's a reggae artist but this video and song is the shit)
Shyheim-One's 4 Da Money, Pass It Off, On And On, It's Real

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 12:47 PM
Outkast-Southernplayalisticaddilacmusik, Player's Ball
Outkast and Mystikal-Neck Ov Da Woodz
Goodie Mob-Soul Food, Cell Therapy, Dirty South, They Don't Dance No Mo, Get Rich To This
Ice Cube-We Be Clubbin, My Loved Ones

fatboybrandon
01-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Yes i did hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I type pretty fast because i took typing class in high school. I forgot about these videos also.

Now THATS some passionate music posting, a great list of music to sit and go through on a weekend. Thanks again Charles

Here's my feel-good 90's song for the weekend, YGz featuring Pete Rock - Groove On

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_M-qD5-YH_NU/SU7acnY-iUI/AAAAAAAAADc/thgtlLd3qCE/s320/DSCN0894.JPG (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzZKg97ogJ8)

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 01:10 PM
Kool G Rap-Ill Street Blues, It's A Shame, Fast Life
Heavy D-Don't Curse
Public Enemy-Can't Trust It, Shut Em Down
Whodini and Terminator X-It All Comes Down To Money
Nice And Smooth-Hip Hop Junkies, Sometimes I Rhyme Slow, Old To The New
MC Hammer-Too Legit To Quit, Pumps And A Bump, It's All Good
Lost Boys-The Yearn, Music Makes Me High, Jeeps Lex Coups Bimaz And Benz, Lifestyles Of The Rich And Shameless, Get Up, Love Peace And Nappiness

CharlesJones
01-24-2010, 12:47 PM
Here's another long list of good rap videos LOL.

1. Lord Tariq and Peter Gunz-Deja Vu
2. The Pharcyde-Passin Me By, Otha Fish, 4 Better Or Worse, Runnin, Drop
3. Too Short-In The Trunk, I Wanna Be Free, I'm A Player, Money In The Ghetto, Cocktales, Top Down, Gettin It, Buy You Some, Ain't No
4. Kam-Peace Treaty, Still Got Luv 4 Em, Whoop Whoop
5. Heather B-All Glocks Down, If Heads Only Knew, My Kinda Nigga
6. College Boyz-Victim Of The Ghetto, Hollywood Paradox, Humpin, Rollin
7. Cypress Hill-How I Could Just Kill A Man, Real Estate, Stoned Is The Way Of The Walk, Latin Lingo, Insane In The Brain, Throw Your Hands In The Air
8. Sadat X and Common-1999
9. Bone Thugs And Harmony-Thuggish Ruggish Bone, For The Love Of Money, 1st Of Tha Month
10. Notorious Big-Juicy, Big Poppa, Warning, Hypnotize, Dead Wrong
11. E-40, B-Legit, Richie Rich-Yay Deep
12. E-40 and Too Short-Players Ball
13. The Conscious Daughters-We Roll Deep, Gamers
14. Mac Mall-Let's Get A Telly, Get Right
15. Rappin 4 Tay-I'll Be Around
16. Kurupt and Snoop Dogg-Ride On(Caught Up)
17. Snoop Dogg-B Please, Down 4 My Niggaz, What's My Name part 2, Drop It Like It's Hot
18. Juvenile-Ha, Back That Ass Up
19. Little Wayne-The Block Is Hot
20. BG-Cash Money Is A Army, Bling Bling
21. Big Tymers-Get Your Roll On
22. Camron-357, Let Me Know, What Means The World To You, Oh Boy
23. The Lox-Money Power And Respect
24. A Tribe Called Quest-Bonita Applebum, Can I Kick It, Check The Rhime, We've Got Jazz, Award Tour, Electric Relaxation, Oh My God, 1nce Again, Hot Sex On A Platter
25. De La Soul-Me Myself And I, Ring Ring Ring, Breakadawn, Ego Trippin, Stakes Is High, Itsowezee, Oooh
26. Mack 10 and Dogg Pound-Nothin But The Cavi Hit
27. 50 Cent-Rowdy Rowdy, Wanksta, In The Club
28. Trick Daddy-Nann, Shut Up
29. Master P-Is There A Heaven 4 A Gangsta, Make Em Say Ughh, Bout Dat, Bout It Bout It
30. JT Money-Who Dat, Hi Lo
31. Geto Boys-Crooked Officer
32. Grand Puba-I Like It
33. Channel Live-Mad Izm, Reprogram
34. Lords Of The Underground-Here Come The Lords, Funky Child, Chief Rocka, Tic Toc, What I'm After
35. All City-The Actual
36. Coolbreeze-Watch For The Hook
37. Artifacts-Cmon With Get Down, The Ultimate
38. DJ Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince-Boom Shake The Room, I Wanna Rock
39. Questionmark Asylum-Hey Lookaway
40. Large Professor-I Just Wanna Chill
41. Main Source-Live At The BBQ
42. Caddilac Tah-Pov City Anthem
43. King Tee-Dippin
44. Coolio-Fantastic Voyage, Mama I'm In Love With A Gangsta, Too Hot, Get Up Get Down, Ooh La La, Gangsta's Paradise
45. Chaka Demus and Pliers-Murder She Wrote
46. Supercat-Ghetto Red Hot, Dolly My Baby
47. Shaggy-Boombastic
48. Charli Baltimore and Ghostface Killah-Stand Up
49. FU Schnickens-True FU Schnick, La Schmoove, Sum Dum Monkey, Breakdown
50. Nine-Whatchu Want, Any MC
51. The Roots-Proceed, Proceed II, Distortion To Static, Clones, What They Do
52. The Diplomats-Gangsta Music
53. AZ-Problems, I'm Back
54. Nas-You Owe Me, One Mic, Got Yourself A Gun, Made You Look, Thief's Theme
55. NWA-Straight Outta Compton, Express Yourself
56. Eric B and Rakim-I Ain't No Joke, Microphone Fiend
57. Slick Rick-Hey Young World
58. Doug E Fresh-Keep Rising To The Top
59. Run DMC-It's Tricky, Walk This Way, Run's House
60. Ludacris-Southern Hospitality, What's Your Fantasy, Roll Out, Saturday
61. I20-Fightin In Da Club
62. Yo Yo and Gerald Levert-Is It Still All Good
63. EPMD-Never Seen Before
64. Nelly-Country Grammer, Pimp Juice, Air Force Ones
65. Da Brat-That's What I'm Looking For
66. Shyne-Bad Boys
67. Black Rob-Whoa
68. DMX-We Right Here, Who We Be, Where Da Hood At, Get It On The Floor
69. Ja Rule-Clap Back
70. MOP-Ante Up
71. Redman-Let's Get Dirty
72. Method Man and Redman-Y.O.U.
73. Craig Mack-Flava In Ya Ear, Flava In Ya Ear remix, Get Down
74. Boogiemonsters-Honeydips In Gotham
75. Phife of A Tribe Called Quest-Flawless
76. QTip-Vivrant Thing, Breathe And Stop
77. Clipse-Grindin, When's The Last Time, Funeral
78. Ghostface Killah-Cherchez LaGhost, Run
79. Rah Digga and Busta Rhymes-Imperial
80. Busta Rhymes-Get Out, Break Yo Neck
81. Onyx-Slam Harder
82. MC Eiht-The Hood Is Mine
83. Xzibit-Get Your Walk On
84. Black Sheep-Strobelite Honey, The Choice Is Yours, Without A Doubt
85. Jay Z-La La La from Bad Boys 2 soundtrack
86. Foxy Brown-BK Anthem
87. The Eastsidaz-G'd Up
88. Ice Cube-Hello
89. Souls Of Mischief-Get The Girl Grab The Money And Run
90. Mobb Deep-Burn, Get Away, Got It Twisted, Real Gangstaz, Outta Control
91. Prodigy of Mobb Deep-Keep It Thoro
92. DJ Quik-Way 2 Fonky, Just Like Compton
93. Ice Cube and Ice T-Trespass
94. Mac Mall, Ray Luv, Young Lay-All About My Fetti
95. Outkast-Benz Or Beemer
96. 8Ball and MJG-You Don't Want Drama
97. LL Cool J-Imagine That
98. Westside Connection-Make It Reign, Bow Down
99. Real Live-Real Live Shit
100. Masta Ace-Saturday Night, The INC Ride, Sittin On Chrome, Born To Roll
101. Three 6 Mafia-Sippin On Some Syrup
102. Dred Scott-Check My Vibe
103. Jemini The Gifted One-Funk Soul Sensation

Here's a few r&b good videos

1. R Kelly-Your Body's Callin, Bump And Grind, You Remind Me Of Something, Down Low, Home Alone, When A Woman's Fed Up, I Wish, Feelin On Yo Booty, Ignition, Step In The Name Of Love, Bad Man, Gotham City
2. Bell Biv Devoe-BBD(I Thought It Was Me), Poison, Above The Rim, Gangsta, Show Me The Way, Something In Your Eyes
3. Ralph Tresvant-Sensitivity
4. New Edition-Hit Me Off
5. Boyz II Men-Uhh Ahh, Motownphilly, It's So Hard To Say Goodbye
6. Silk-Freak Me, It Had To Be You
7. Jodeci-Let's Go Through The Motions
8. Guy-Groove Me
9. Blackstreet-No Diggity
10. Keith Sweat-Don't Stop Your Love
11. Luther Vandross-She Won't Talk To Me, Little Miracles, Superstar, I Can Make It Better, Your Secret Love, Love The One Your With
12. The Isley Brothers-What Would You Do, Busted

Poetic Wun
01-24-2010, 03:21 PM
i dig queen L.
not anymore but her earlier stuff wasn't bad.
that paris joint is IIIILLLL

crds
01-24-2010, 06:59 PM
The Almighty RSO also used that same Blackbyrds sample on a song they did with Smif N Wessun and M.O.P. Benzino used to be with The Almighty RSO for those that don't remember. I'm surprised Queen Latifah is getting some love shown on here because i've posted about her before and nobody responded. Queen Latifah got some lyrics for your ass fellas. Don't think because she went Hollywood that she can't catch wreck and slay your ass lyrically. The thing that disappointed me about her is that she didn't do more hardcore joints like Just Another Day, Black Hand Side, Elements I'm Among on Sunset Park soundtrack, Jersey on New Jersey Drive soundtrack, Name Callin on Set It Off soundtrack. That's why i didn't listen to her albums because she didn't do a lot of hardcore songs. You would think since she can rhyme so good that she would've did more hardcore joints. That's the same thing that disappointed me about Yo Yo and MC Lyte. They're very good lyrically also and didn't do enough hardcore songs. Only album i like by Yo Yo is You Better Ask Somebody. MC Lyte's Ruffneck and I Go On songs from her Ain't No Other album are the shit. I also like her Rock Da Party remix with Missy Elliott that sampled Diana Ross's Upside Down song.

The Almighty RSO used that Blackbyrds sample on "One In The Chamber" (1992), what's the Smif N Wesson joint called?

Queen Latifah is dope, her fist album is a classic.

CharlesJones
01-26-2010, 09:30 AM
One In The Chamber song that The Almighty RSO did with Smif N Wessun and M.O.P. samples The Blackbyrds Mysterious Vibes song that Paris used on Days Of Old song. Queen Latifah's first album i doubt isn't a classic and i haven't heard it LOL. I bet her albums are soft. She has a few hardcore joints but most of her songs are soft.

CharlesJones
01-26-2010, 09:31 AM
Diamond D-Best Kept Secret, The Hiatus
Shaquille O'Neal-I Know I Got Skillz, What's Up Doc, No Hooks
Gravediggaz-Nowhere To Run Nowhere To Hide