PDA

View Full Version : If you dont like/hate on Jay Z your the worst kind

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 04:10 PM
seriously, you dont know shit. its not like im a jayz stan, but i can recognise he IS the God M.C, and is one of the greatest to ever do it. hes one of the only MCs who can still truly rip a mic.

so al im saying is if you hate on jay z, or think hes wack or whatever, you got serious fucking issues with yourself. idk if its becaus you were bullied mercilessy at school and have a big problem with popularity or whatever, but fucking man up, stop lyin to yourself.

so in this thread, if your NOT a fan of jay z, please list your favorite rappers.

then we'll break down what the real reason is you dont like Jay. because ive seen homos in here talk about all their favorite rappers (the usual mediocre east coast punchline rappers) and they dont even realise the people they do like, are just JayZ clones

baby jesus
01-21-2010, 04:21 PM
The Lamest Thing About The Hip Hop Shop Is The Idiotic View On Jay-z Here. I All But Ignore It Now But Hes One Of The Best Ever. I Dont Know How Anyone Can Hear Hes Verses And Not Think Hes One Of The Best Lyricist.

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-21-2010, 04:23 PM
Jay-z isn't the greatest rapper alive neither is Lil Wanye

Bp3 wasn't great it had dope songs but wasn't nearly dope as Bp1

Bp2 was aight but overbloated like most double albums disc 2 was the hottest part of that album

In my lifetime vol. 1 is jay-z's best lp along with reasonable doubt

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 04:58 PM
Jay-z isn't the greatest rapper alive neither is Lil Wanye

stopped reading

YungSunny
01-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Jay-z's a great rapper, I'm not a fan though.

5hundred&one
01-21-2010, 05:46 PM
radio listeners, the most clueless breed of music fan, are the main ppl that buy jay's records. and you're saying if you don't like jay you're the worst kind? if rappers never catered to what radio fans wanted, hip-hop wouldn't suck as bad as does these days.

fact

and dude's music for the past 10 years ain't even been that good. if you prefer it over the majority of rap, you're a watered down faggit. which is the main problem for me, jay-z's fan base is an embarrassment to hip-hop.

it's hard enough having to mingle with wu-tang's shitty fans, I would lose all respect for myself if my peers were fat high-school bitches on youtube that put blueprint 3 at their #1 spot of their 'best rap CDs of 2009' vlaugs because they 'loved that song with rhianna.'

there's more than enough entertaining rap shit being made to hold my interest, OJ da juiceman makes a new mixtape like every 2 and a half hours, why would I listen to jay-z?

Treazon
01-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Reasonable Doubt is an all-time classic, damn near every track is 5/5, BP1 was definitely above average, but nothing else he ever did really impressed me. He's got unparalleled flow and great voice/delivery on the mic, but outside of RD there was never a time i was looking forward to getting home to listen to.

5 favourite emcees.. (no order, shit changes daily)

GZA
Jeru
DOOM
Big L
the GOD RAKIM

Canibus would get a spot if he was more consistent i.e. Rip the Jacker album, one of the GOAT IMO

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 05:57 PM
name some MC's that came out in the past decade that are better than Jay

5hundred&one
01-21-2010, 06:05 PM
why? what difference does it make? if I say none, does that make him the king of hip-hop? lol, he makes bullshit pop music, end of story. is he a good pure rapper? sure, but if you call him the king of hip-hop or the king of anything besides record sales for that matter, you're an idiot.

I could name you 50 rappers who've came into the game since 2000 that I'd rather listen to that aren't better rappers than jay, but to me, good rap music ain't all about rap skills. I appreciate any mc that can kill the mic, but there are other ways and other approaches to making good music.

you may say jay is a better mc than ghostface, but who's music do you prefer?

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 06:06 PM
the shit in his catalog no one pays attention to anymore is better than most other shit out there

7ALur1IqEKA

QcqJSwcnESU

rCTVR5anuZQ

EmViuKqeRsY

effortless

Treazon
01-21-2010, 06:08 PM
i enjoy listening to One.Be.Lo more than Jay... on average.. but all time im not sure One made a contribution to hip-hop like Jigga did with RD..

but then again, there hasn't been any decent contributions to real hip-hop in the last decade so how could any of it compare to RD? I don't think theres any emcee to "come out" in the last decade to be on Jiggas level as an MC, but thats really not saying shit.

it ALWAYS comes down to opinion.. listen what you enjoy listening to and dont get offended when people don't see shit the same way as you... story over.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 06:09 PM
he makes bullshit pop music, end of story. is he a good pure rapper? sure, but if you call him the king of hip-hop or the king of anything besides record sales for that matter, you're an idiot.

I could name you 50 rappers who've came into the game since 2000 that I'd rather listen to that aren't better rappers than jay, but to me, good rap music ain't all about rap skills. I appreciate any mc that can kill the mic, but there are other ways and other approaches to making good music.

you may say jay is a better mc than ghostface, but who's music do you prefer?

couldnt name one huh?

why? what difference does it make? if I say none, does that make him the king of hip-hop?

yes

he makes bullshit pop music, end of story.

lol, ok

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 06:11 PM
i enjoy listening to One.Be.Lo more than Jay... on average..

one-be-lo = yawns

u know its true too

angry!
01-21-2010, 06:11 PM
the longevity speaks for itself!!!!!

i can be critical of jay, hes got his short comings, but at the end of the day his talent outshines all that!!!!!

he lifts lines, he lifts ideas, and hes still respected by just about every lyricist that ever mattered!!!!!!!!

classic albums, classic verses, classic shows, and some still look at him as if hes everything wrong with hip hop!!!!!! i dont love all his work, but the nigga is foriegn territory right now!!!!! what hes doing at this stage of his career shows the cultures still growing, its a good look!!!!!!

sometimes i wonder where these kids get their ideas about jay, were yall niggas listening to hip hop when "where im from" dropped!?!?!?!!? that shit had radio, the streets, and the heads, on lock down!!!!!!!!

battle?
01-21-2010, 06:13 PM
QIO0nbDEKAQ

Treazon
01-21-2010, 06:14 PM
one-be-lo = yawns

u know its true too

no, he's sure as hell more thought-provoking than 80-90% of Jiggas shit.

and as far as emcee skills he's got it all, flow, delivery, wordplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRFjZ42NVdc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBldyF2rjhQ

as a couple...

(dont know how to embedd that shit hahaha)

angry!
01-21-2010, 06:16 PM
and i find it hilarious a nigga jockin gucci has the audacity to say jay makes bullshit pop music, when thats exactly what guccis last album was full of!!!!!!

how many albums did it take for that nigga to jump the shark!?!??! blind hate homie!!!!!

11th Chamber
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM

Em.

He was officially widely known in 99, which is basically 10 years ago

He is better than Jay. Has better albums, and still makes better albums.

Poetic Wun
01-21-2010, 06:24 PM
i hate post black album jay z.
that would have been a great record to end on.
now he releases albums full of filler songs.
i used to love jay's music. anymore.... not so much.

id rather listen to B.I.G. instead of the dollar store version.

PolitiC
01-21-2010, 06:26 PM
a lot of his music is wack

baby jesus
01-21-2010, 06:28 PM
Oj Da Juiceman Really Bro After All That Shit About the Radio. Then You Say Jigga Hasnt Been Good In 10 Years Blueprint, Black Album Destroyed Verses On Scarface Guess Whos Back, Kanye Diamond Remix, Young Jeezy Dope Boyz, Freeway What We Do.

Da0Q-u4giK8
kLlJsW2kXd8
YF_BQAqPH4g
GU4tUotbzS0
LUg7G3CPos0
NXIcEeXMu6U
What Artist Are Touching This In The Last 10 Years.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Em.

He was officially widely known in 99, which is basically 10 years ago

He is better than Jay. Has better albums, and still makes better albums.

HHahahahaahaa what?

Em is not a rapper who came out in the last decade. Which im pretty sure is what I asked. Inifinite came out 96, I just Dont Give a Fuck came out 1998, My Name Is was first hitting speakers late 98.

So Idk what parameters your going on for being a who came out in the last 10 years (btw, if math isnt your strong point, thats from 2000-onwards), but Em doesnt fit in any of them

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 06:33 PM
and i find it hilarious a nigga jockin gucci has the audacity to say jay makes bullshit pop music,

LOL I know man, fucking flakey motherfuckers in here

RZA said himself when he heard that Jay record from BP3, he felt like he produced it! That empire state of mind is a classic joint. Real heads recognize that

5hundred&one
01-21-2010, 06:42 PM
smh, here we go.

@ghostlaced, you just wanted to make a thread to argue with backpackers cause they're easy targets. you can't make a decent argument for jay bein the king of hip-hop. he makes the most money, he's got a couple classic albums, and he's got more skill than a lot of ppl out, that's where it ends for me.

and i find it hilarious a nigga jockin gucci has the audacity to say jay makes bullshit pop music, when thats exactly what guccis last album was full of!!!!!!

how many albums did it take for that nigga to jump the shark!?!??! blind hate homie!!!!!

it ain't blind hate, I've heard all jay's shit and never had a big problem with homie, but he lost me around 04, 05 when he started making radio friendly soft rap and ppl started callin him the king of NY and now he's the king of hip-hop. I take exception to that bullshit, and I don't think hip-hop needs a king. it needs all the radio fans, hip-hop's cancer, to move on to the next trend and leave the shit alone.

and I ride with gucc because I like his music, I'm not callin him the best to ever do it and anybody does is out they fuckin mind! believe me, my infatuation with gucci & OJ ain't that serious homie, it's more my way of saying fuck hip-hop, I don't like where it's at right now, so i'm listening to the few that don't take it too seriously. the music sounds cool, it's funny, it's entertaining. you could say it ain't even hip-hop, it's a completely separate style of music and i wouldn't give a fuck.

bottom line is, I don't like jay's music for the past 10 years. I've been accused of pickin shit apart on this site and digging to deep for a reason to hate jay-z instead of just enjoying his music, so let's get that outta the way. he's a good MC, but I ain't feelin his shit.

Hollow Dartz
01-21-2010, 06:44 PM
Yeah there are alot of Jay-Z haters here for no reason. I also would like to see this 50 rappers list too. thanks

BRONZBODY
01-21-2010, 06:46 PM
i dont hate/dislike jigga. im just not a big fan of his. hes got a lot of bangers but i dont list him in my top 5.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 06:50 PM
"BuLlShIT pOp MuSiC"

0UjsXo9l6I8

..turns out to be fucking dope actually

5hundred&one
01-21-2010, 06:55 PM
I like that song. let's face it tho, the beat & the hook make it, the raps are expendable.

0VAfeA4KyIc

^bullshit pop music

5hundred&one
01-21-2010, 06:59 PM
[Verse 1 - Jay-Z]
We are
Yeah I said it
We are
This is Roc Nation
Pledge your allegiance
Get y'all black tees on
All black everything
Black cards, black cars
All black everything
And our girls are blackbirds
Ridin' with they dillingers
I'd get more in depth
If you boys really real enough
This is la familia
I'll explain later
But for now let me get back to this paper
I'm a couple bands down and I'm tryin' to get back
I gave Doug a grip, I lost a flip for five stacks
Yeah I'm talkin' five comma
six zeros
dot zero
Here it go...
Back to runnin' circles 'round niggas
Now we squared up
Hold up

^ I've heard gucci rap better than this corny shit

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
no you havent

5hundred&one
01-21-2010, 07:20 PM
yes I have, true story

12weLvE
01-21-2010, 07:48 PM
:spin:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM1RChZk1EU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WM1RChZk1EU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

I DONT GET DROPPED... I DROP THE LABLE..

EAGLE EYE
01-21-2010, 07:58 PM
WHATS REALLY FUCKING RETARDED is how you got people ripping on him for that Mason/Devil Worship bull shit, yet some of these people are Atheists??????

LMAO , why you care about the DEVIL when you've got no religion.

BTW these tracks go hard!!

mxhkOUCMboE

tCVnjBJZ3To

VlKx1JnXfR4

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-21-2010, 08:13 PM
the devils greatest trick, was convincing people he doesnt exist

but thats why Hov's the GawDMC, how can you be the devil worshippa if your the GAWD MC??? do he knowledge on that right quick

bestaboy7
01-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Yo, i know yall gon say im a hater, but jay's ish aint been up to par since that black album. Jay came out in the early 90's so its not fair to compare him to these wack "rappers" coming out today. Plus Big L was a punchline rapper and had dope beats plus better skills on the mic than jay, even though he came out wit an album earlier

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
01-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Canibus would get a spot if he was more consistent i.e. Rip the Jacker album, one of the GOAT IMO

well guess you've never heard Mic Club, 2000 B.C., For Whom The Beat Tolls

Canibus greater than Jay-Z lyrically by a mile

c'mon Jay-z has been eatten by Nas twice 1) in battle, 2) on two tracks with Nas

+

Eminem ripped jay with a recycled verse cuz renegade originally featured royce

Poetic Wun
01-21-2010, 10:05 PM
word

buckshotstheone
01-21-2010, 11:28 PM
nevermind naming 50 rappers better than him, name me one rapper who has had the longevity he has (besides wu), the consistency he has had (every album since vol. 1 has topped the charts), and is STILL making albums that top the charts. NO ONE. from 96 til 2010 he has been on the radio WHENEVER an album dropped. even the ones people hate on (bp2, kingdom come) had HITS that soared up the charts. love him or hate him no one can deny that he has been the only mainstay in hip hop for this long, ever, out of ANYONE who has ever been in rap. dre had his flops (and takes decades off at a time), em took years off (and didn't drop insane guest verses during that time....and arguably STILL hasn't done shit since eminem show), nas DEFINITELY had his flops (half the reason Ether gets all the credit it does is cause he was such GARBAGE for the few years before it....while jay-z was topping the charts) so fuck whoever is hot now cause how long are they gonna last? jay-z has been here since 96 and is still releasing #1 singles and performing at the fucking world series. dude is officially on top of the game

TAURO
01-22-2010, 01:07 AM
Yeah there are alot of Jay-Z haters here for no reason. I also would like to see this 50 rappers list too. thanks

Everyone here is a hater of someone or other, including you.

ALCATRAZ
01-22-2010, 02:09 AM
2Pac and Nas both thoroughly shit on Jay-Z's existence. Many more do as well, but these two are the forerunners. He's a nice emcee don't get me wrong, he's real technical and witty on the mic. But even Jay himself has been quoted saying that he'll never be on 2Pac's level.

Edgar Erebus
01-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Alcatraz said The Name. Thread over.

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-22-2010, 04:59 AM
I love listening to Jay-Z, cuz he has that mic presence, to turn a wack song at least decent and not hard to listen to, so yeah, he makes great music.

And NO, Canibus isn't better than Jay-Z. How many times are we going to hear those wikipedia raps??? Canibus is failing to say something of substance and in the same time, ill, in the last few years, cuz he's not making punchlines or metaphors outta those Wikipedia raps, he's just saying stuff like Warcloud does...which is not witty, not clever, it's dumb. He should learn from GZA ['pyroplastic flow'] or Pharaohe Monch..

And while we are at Warcloud, why isn't nobody mentioning him? Alcatraz, aren't u a big fan? Hahaha

but now, forreal

don't say shit about One Be Lo...his cleverness is what makes him interesting to listen to
6xQY_CC-TyI

a song about smoking weed AND about girls at the same time? he's a genius

Polocash7
01-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Its hard to front on Jigga as far as great MC. He's one of my favorite MC's but truth is truth. Since BP,he's been hit or miss as far as LPs.

His best of would be one of the best. However,the amount of biting he does is just crazy. He borrows waaaaaaaaaaaay too much. Not just Big's verses either. Great MCs shouldn't be borrowing like that

I think Lupe is better right now lyrically

YungSunny
01-22-2010, 05:18 AM
I'd rather buy a new nas album than a jay0z album.
Jay z is a better rapper, nas is a better artist.

ol dirty abbot
01-22-2010, 06:52 AM
jigga is dope as fuck i always said that. one of the greatest to ever do it lyrically and then to have the commercial success that he has had as well, this puts him up the top

Frank Sobotka
01-22-2010, 06:59 AM
I enjoy jay-z discography but he's still mad overrated.
BP3 was good, but nothing amazing.
Would be better if he actually luanched an anti-autotune movement, not turn around and say he wasn't talking about wayne, kanye etc...

hom1e
01-22-2010, 07:03 AM
I never was a fan of jay-z but don't have nothing against him, I always thought that on every album he has few dope songs but overall they was average, maybe except Hard Knock Life. I don't have problem with him going platinum every year... He knows how to sell his shit.

Martial-Expert
01-22-2010, 09:09 AM
blueprint 3 was so average, how can someone praise jay-z for that album?
the standards are low enough as it is!

11th Chamber
01-22-2010, 12:01 PM
HHahahahaahaa what?

Em is not a rapper who came out in the last decade. Which im pretty sure is what I asked. Inifinite came out 96, I just Dont Give a Fuck came out 1998, My Name Is was first hitting speakers late 98.

So Idk what parameters your going on for being a who came out in the last 10 years (btw, if math isnt your strong point, thats from 2000-onwards), but Em doesnt fit in any of them

I was regarding nearly the last decade. He wasent widely known until 99. Holy shit, sorry for not meeting yer criteria by one year

And you dont gotta break down his career and when he started, I knew about him and was hearing his shit way before anybody in yer country even knew of him

ALCATRAZ
01-22-2010, 01:05 PM
And while we are at Warcloud, why isn't nobody mentioning him? Alcatraz, aren't u a big fan? Hahaha

i think warcloud is a top five emcee of all time, and i don't think jay-z is a top five emcee of all time ... the only difference between the two is that jay's discography is stellar while warcloud's is solid but since he's underground it's kinda sketch ... his two greatest acheivements werent even actual albums but like i said before he's underground so its warranted ... personally i believe 100% warcloud > jay but obviously that won't stick with most people, cuz most people are faggits

Tommy
01-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I'm also baffled as to why Jay-Z gets so much hate on here, maybe it's because he doesn't revise the dictionary and look up science experiments to put in his lyrics like other backpacking undergrounders, I'm not sure. Jay-Z had to go through utter shit to where he is now, and even if you hate his music you should respect where he has come from, what he has done for hip hop, and how he's stayed relevant for all these years.

Reasonable Doubt was a classic, one of the greatest albums of all time. His first three volumes were dope, The Blueprint is another classic, The Black album is a banger, Kingdom Come was nice, and American Gangster was fucking awesome. Why do people always forget about American Gangster? In a few years people will be saying this is a classic, no doubt.

Say what you will about Jay-Z, but he makes good club music and he makes damn good street music whilst still maintaining a solid reputation in both waters. He's one of the greatest of all time, no doubt and is making hip hop still relevant today.

davedigital360
01-22-2010, 04:09 PM
I think Jay is getting better with age in terms of his content. I used to hate Jay z until the Black Album. I mean he had some bangers but it wasn't till Black album I really started to respect his music over all. American Gangster was amazing by the way

Hollow Dartz
01-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Everyone here is a hater of someone or other, including you.
Naw LOL not me.

2Pac and Nas both thoroughly shit on Jay-Z's existence. Many more do as well, but these two are the forerunners. He's a nice emcee don't get me wrong, he's real technical and witty on the mic. But even Jay himself has been quoted saying that he'll never be on 2Pac's level.

i think warcloud is a top five emcee of all time, and i don't think jay-z is a top five emcee of all time ... the only difference between the two is that jay's discography is stellar while warcloud's is solid but since he's underground it's kinda sketch ... his two greatest acheivements werent even actual albums but like i said before he's underground so its warranted ... personally i believe 100% warcloud > jay but obviously that won't stick with most people, cuz most people are faggits

You my nigga n all but you just named a dead rapper(Pac), which doesn't have nothing to do with this thread and u really think Warcloud is better than Hova LOL. Remove yourself from this thread LOL.

Frank Sobotka
01-22-2010, 04:30 PM
I'm a jay fan I guess but this was his peak:
uFHkNRjSVpA

wuswordz95
01-22-2010, 04:38 PM
a lot of his music is wack

i agree

wuswordz95
01-22-2010, 04:48 PM

preach it brother!

warcloud

In the battle fields mics collide like sword fights
Get stabbed up by the swift technique of a Black Knight
Who pierce strikes like vicious snakes, rhymes elevate
Niggaz get sniped watch me annihilate
The Gods got me eating off a fine dinner plates
With this rap shit told me don't procrastinate
West Coast lyricist, Killa Bee clique we swarm thick
Spit the written like scripts
No but fully loaded throw darts and make it hit, the target
Pardon, me as I keep on starting, mo' shit
Feel the wrath with these raw hits from Math
You don't stand a chance, you can't top it we too advance

warcloud gets an A

jay z

No clouds in my stones
Let it rain, I hydroplane into fame (Eh, eh, eh)
Coming down with the Dow Jones
When the clouds come we gone
We roc-a-fella (Eh, eh, eh)
We fly higher than weather in G5's or better
You know me, in anticipation for precipitation
Stacks chips for the rainy day (Eh, eh, eh)

wack z gets a c.
thus, warcloud is better.

Prolifical ENG
01-22-2010, 04:52 PM
The Lamest Thing About The Hip Hop Shop Is The Idiotic View On Jay-z Here.

What is the view of Jay-Z here?

Hollow Dartz
01-22-2010, 04:56 PM
preach it brother!

warcloud

In the battle fields mics collide like sword fights
Get stabbed up by the swift technique of a Black Knight
Who pierce strikes like vicious snakes, rhymes elevate
Niggaz get sniped watch me annihilate
The Gods got me eating off a fine dinner plates
With this rap shit told me don't procrastinate
West Coast lyricist, Killa Bee clique we swarm thick
Spit the written like scripts
No but fully loaded throw darts and make it hit, the target
Pardon, me as I keep on starting, mo' shit
Feel the wrath with these raw hits from Math
You don't stand a chance, you can't top it we too advance

warcloud gets an A

jay z

No clouds in my stones

wack z gets a c.

LMAO I just love how u picked an obviously wack Jay-Z verse. And

0BRJ35QLv8w>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Warcloud's Discography. And another thing stop poisoning thread by discussing Warcloud when he's has nothing to do with the issue or has no reason to be mentioned.

Afficial_Nastee
01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
I never liked Jay-Z because of his voice mainly and because of his pop/rnb appeal....

Besides that , dude just was good at imitating the style that was in at the time , in '96 when all that maffioso rap was in he came through with that stuff, acting all Scarface hustler and all that....
When the Bad Boy hype really broke through he made an album that just sounded like it , with some catchy rnb hooks and all that....

The Blueprint could be aight (mainly because of Slim Shady's appearance, the only really good thing about the album in my opinion) , but I didn't dig it cuz it's too soft in my opinion....

The Black album was wack because he worked together with a faggotass band like Linkin Park.... If you choose to walk the rock path, at least choose a fucking Metal band or something like that , not some soft rock band....

Most people think his flow is awesome , but I don't have a fucking clue wtf they're talking about.... His voice and delivery are irritating and his flow is mediocre....

And since the threadstarter asked my favourite rappers I'll name a few :

DMX
Slim Shady
Brotha Lynch Hung
Billy Danze
Kool G Rap
RA The Rugged Man
Sticky Fingaz
Big Pun
Biggie
Freddie Foxxx

Tommy
01-22-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm a jay fan I guess but this was his peak:
uFHkNRjSVpA

Are you shitting me? Jay probably has 50 more verses that shit on that; a few off the top of the head: can't knock the hustle, d'evils, dead presidents II, never change, song cry, renegade (don't be fooled cause em outshined him), heart of the city, 99 problems, moment of clarity, PSA, pray, success, ignorant shit...... the list goes on.

preach it brother!

jay z

No clouds in my stones

wack z gets a c.

Yeah, compare Jay's opening to a pop track against one of Warcloud's best verses, that's a fair match up. Now compare Jay-Z's track record to Warcloud's.

angry!
01-22-2010, 05:44 PM
blueprint 3 was a cool album, but dont judge the niggas career off of that release!!!!!

saying jay-z's peak was a guest verse on big l's album shows how unfamiliar the nigga is with jays material!!!!!

he was real raw there, he has countless verses that hit harder with more polish!!!!!!

in fact id say jays skillset probably peaked on the black album, thats one of the best mic performances of his career!!!!

ask anyone that considers themself a lyricist what they think of that album, the pure technical aspect of it makes niggas wanna step their game up!!!!!! no flow was the same and his cadence and delivery were maxed out!!!!!! almost every line on that album was a quotable, straight up!!!!!!

and while i liked blueprint 3, jay wasnt going all the way in on that project like he could, american gangster verified sean carter is still a threat to spazz on a record!!!!! his verses on there were loaded with crazy multis and metaphors and delivered with slick presentation!!!!!!

Frank Sobotka
01-22-2010, 05:50 PM
Are you shitting me? Jay probably has 50 more verses that shit on that; a few off the top of the head: can't knock the hustle, d'evils, dead presidents II, never change, song cry, renegade (don't be fooled cause em outshined him), heart of the city, 99 problems, moment of clarity, PSA, pray, success, ignorant shit...... the list goes on.
I hated jay-z on renegade, verse was kinda hot but the delivery was weak as fuck, it ruined the whole song for me; like I have with most jay

Angry you're right, I"ve probally listened to Livestylez more in the last few months then Reasonable doubt in my life

angry!
01-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I never liked Jay-Z because of his voice mainly and because of his pop/rnb appeal....

Besides that , dude just was good at imitating the style that was in at the time , in '96 when all that maffioso rap was in he came through with that stuff, acting all Scarface hustler and all that....
When the Bad Boy hype really broke through he made an album that just sounded like it , with some catchy rnb hooks and all that....

The Blueprint could be aight (mainly because of Slim Shady's appearance, the only really good thing about the album in my opinion) , but I didn't dig it cuz it's too soft in my opinion....

The Black album was wack because he worked together with a faggotass band like Linkin Park.... If you choose to walk the rock path, at least choose a fucking Metal band or something like that , not some soft rock band....

Most people think his flow is awesome , but I don't have a fucking clue wtf they're talking about.... His voice and delivery are irritating and his flow is mediocre....

And since the threadstarter asked my favourite rappers I'll name a few :

DMX
Slim Shady
Brotha Lynch Hung
Billy Danze
Kool G Rap
RA The Rugged Man
Sticky Fingaz
Big Pun
Biggie
Freddie Foxxx

blueprint is geniune street music son, it had radio on smash but that was far from a pop record!!!!

and i can tell by your analysis youre not at all familiar with his catalogue!!!!!! eminem would call you out on your hate dog, the nigga is nice!!!!

reasonable doubt
the blueprint
the black album

3 albums i cant see any self respecting hip hop fan not enjoying unless theyve developed some type of complex or bias against jay personally!!!!!!!

some of these almighty hip hop heads shit on jay like hes some pop nigga with no skills when in reality hes been certified by just about every legend in hip hop!!!!!!!! even in that "run this town" joint that niggas find poppy, jays showing love to rakim... how is that not a good look for hip hop!?!?!?!?! be happy a nigga like jay that can actually spit and remembers what hip hop was is still moving units and crackin mainstream radar, its good for the culture!!!!!!!

hes a great by any definition...

large body of work
classic albums
classic guest spots
longevity
consistency
classic tours

learn to appreciate staying power, jay always did numbers but he hasnt always been the biggest draw, he stuck around to become that!!!!!

Afficial_Nastee
01-22-2010, 06:23 PM
be happy a nigga like jay that can actually spit and remembers what hip hop was is still moving units and crackin mainstream radar, its good for the culture!!!!!!!

hes a great by any definition...

large body of work
classic albums
classic guest spots
longevity
consistency
classic tours

The Hip-Hop I know def wasn't about making corny wannabe rock songs together with a lame band such as linkin park....
It sure wasn't about showing up in pop or rnb videos....

And as far as your list goes I will say :
large body of work : true
classic albums : maybe one , RD
classic guest spots : true
longevity : true
consistency : true
classic tours : true

But what about Hardcore appeal? About having a die hard fanbase? Most of his fans are mainstream listeners anyway....

Frank Sobotka
01-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Black Album was classic as well

Tommy
01-22-2010, 06:31 PM
But what about Hardcore appeal? About having a die hard fanbase? Most of his fans are mainstream listeners anyway....

I'm not gonna speak on something I don't know, but I'm pretty sure if you go to hoods of New York or wherever, people are gonna have respect for Jay-Z. Like I said, he appeals to both the mainstream AND underground, much like a lot of your favourite rappers such as Biggie, DMX, Eminem etc.

For the record, you can't say "most of his listeners are mainstream" because that's what mainstream means rofl, the public majority.

Afficial_Nastee
01-22-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm not gonna speak on something I don't know, but I'm pretty sure if you go to hoods of New York or wherever, people are gonna have respect for Jay-Z. Like I said, he appeals to both the mainstream AND underground, much like a lot of your favourite rappers such as Biggie, DMX, Eminem etc.

For the record, you can't say "most of his listeners are mainstream" because that's what mainstream means rofl, the public majority.

I don't see them hip-hop heads bumping Jay-Z tracks that have been released after Reasonable Doubt....

And with mainstream I ment nowadays teenagers and people who just listen to music occassionally without any real passion....

angry!
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
The Hip-Hop I know def wasn't about making corny wannabe rock songs together with a lame band such as linkin park....
It sure wasn't about showing up in pop or rnb videos....

And as far as your list goes I will say :
large body of work : true
classic albums : maybe one , RD
classic guest spots : true
longevity : true
consistency : true
classic tours : true

linkin park was a remix project, he gets a pass, primo blessed limp bizkit with a track, what about it!?!?!? he didnt embarass himself, the move worked, move on!!!!

where im from
nigga what nigga who
so ghetto
never change
d'evils
heart of the city
a million and one questions

^^^ go listen to these tracks and tell me jay lacks street appeal... raekwon was out telling niggas to buy jays album when they dropped albums on the same day, real recognize real!!!!!! you should listen to jays catalogue for real next time, he has a ton of street appeal because he makes reference to shit only a street nigga would catch!!!!!!!

hes nice homie, its not gonna kill you to admit it!!!!!

reasonable doubt
blueprint
the black album

all 3 albums dropped and had hip hops undivided attention, hip hop albums to the core with mass appeal!!!!! i remember where i was and what i was doin when i peep a classic, those 3 albums were not only flames... they had crazy impact on the genre itself!!!!! releases like that inspire the game to elevate!!!!!!!

Afficial_Nastee
01-22-2010, 06:55 PM
linkin park was a remix project, he gets a pass, primo blessed limp bizkit with a track, what about it!?!?!? he didnt embarass himself, the move worked, move on!!!!

raekwon was out telling niggas to buy jays album when they dropped albums on the same day, real recognize real!!!!!!

Limp Bizkit ain't corny , they're a pretty good band....

Raekwon's album dropped summer '95 and Jay-Z's debut in summer of '96 so ....

5hundred&one
01-22-2010, 07:59 PM
^ he's talkin CL2 and BP3.

I can level with a lot of angry's posts, it ain't like I got it out for jay or whatever, my only beef is when ppl start fuckin up, callin him the king of hip-hop and shit, that just shows total ignorance to me or a need to go along with the popular opinion.

like I said, I don't think hip-hop has or needs a king, but if I had to pick one, it definitely wouldn't be jay. I'd pick a Rakim or G rap before him, and countless others that influenced the game at it's peak, not somebody who influenced corny muhfuckers like drake.

dude ain't the blood that's runnin thru hip-hop's veins.

RAW-TASTE
01-23-2010, 12:00 AM
jayz done fell offff......i mean he aint bad, songs like 'empire state of mind' and shit, but you gotta admit hes so far from that 'reasonable doubt/blueprint jayz'. look at bp3, mostly poppy soundin music with him ridin with kanye,drake,all these cornball ass niggas, and pop singers like rihanna. its good for a soft listen but this aint real ny music, theres guys like g rap and M.O.P. who still rep ny hard.

jay-z just makin the cash these days with mediocre rap. sad wat became of him, bp3 is so far off from reasonable doubt, but as long as he gets the money why does he need to care about what his fans think? jay-z's halfed ass shit still sold more than ob4cl2, which was one of the realest shit this year. shows why he keeps makin halfassed music, if it sells why change?

that said, ill rather listen to a shitload of other ny rappers than jayz at this time and age, his old material is good enough to call him a "legend" and a veteran in the game, but his new shit can go lick a pussy.

Mumm Ra
01-23-2010, 12:25 AM
100% warcloud > jay
thread should've ended here
jay isn't the god mc

SL33
01-23-2010, 02:27 AM

Em and Game. just my opinion though.

i don't hate jay-z, i personally think he's very talented, lyrics-wise and especially flow-wise. what i don't like is his need to follow every hot trend @ the time.

i'd respect him even more if he ended his career after Black Album, which was brilliantly produced.

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 03:01 AM
pac is the god emcee warcloud is also a god emcee but pac is THE god emcee

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 03:08 AM
gO9NhPPwnCI

"*aint no nigga* like me, fuck jay z!, nigga you broke and i smoke DAYLEH" - makaveli da don

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac218/side86/flow/2pacsmokesz3-1.gif

Edgar Erebus
01-23-2010, 03:24 AM
Stop spamming, Alcatraz. Thread is about Jay-Z.

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 03:38 AM
jay is talented he is one of the most technical rappers who has spawned a whole generation of wannabees (wayne included--jays biggest ripoff) but the reality is the legends from his era passed on early in life, making it easy for him to assume THEIR position without much competition ... i'm not one 2 be like shoulda woulda but this is a fact ... if pun/big/L/pac were all still alive, would there be any room for a jay-z? to me, the answer is too easy

ZigZag
01-23-2010, 07:21 AM
I agree with Traz. Jay as great as he is (and yes i think he's great and still better than wayne) he's only the best by default because of the names mentioned by alcatraz have been knocked off.

Big L rap circles around Jay in that 7 min freestyle...

Boofy3
01-23-2010, 08:07 AM
im gonna put this subject to rest once and for all.

im not a jay z hater at all, but i get confused as one.

the fact of the matter is (and you can deny this if u want) he doesnt weald the highest level of lyrical skill.

people like to say g.o.a.t, but really all they consider is album and single sales and they be like jeez.

if anything im a hater of all them people that like to build a hype around anyone that raps about things that have no substance to their lyrics.

infact im totally sick to my stomach of people getting hyped up over these new rappers coming out, spittin weak bars bout they gonna be a millionair soon or claiming to be the best from the get go when they aint got the back catalogue of consistent qaulity to back up their claims.

i know jay z has a hefty back catalogue, but ask anyone who knows about true skill on the mic how much of jays back catalogue was sick.

ive got reasonable dought coz i heared some stuff from it and i thought hhhmmm, its not bad. i liked half of it. on the half i liked the beats were nice and the vibes were nice.

but people be honest, at the end of the day jay z aint the best rapper.

people stop confusing sales with skill, then ill stop being confused as a jay z hater

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 08:23 AM
^
Boofy3 (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=65773)

Rep Power: 0 http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif

what makes you think youve got the right to type that much in my thread with those stats nigga

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2708/4257078312_a744009b22_o.gif

angry!
01-23-2010, 08:45 AM
to the homie saying limp bizkit isnt corny, limp bizkit is the definition of corny dog... specifically fred durst, he considered himself an emcee when he didnt have one iota of skill or originality.... eminem rapped ona track with fred durst, it was painfully corny.... guess what? i still fuck with em, because not every move an artists makes defines their career!!!!!!!

no one is being forced into saying jay z is the best rapper, but youre just hating if you dont think the nigga is a great in every sense of the word!!!!!

anyone you fancy a lyricist more than likely recognizes jays skill level and output!!!!

he didnt assume the role of being hip hops biggest draw, his longevity allowed him to take that posisition!!!!!

staying relevant this long isnt a matter of luck, you know how many emcees must study this niggas career?!?!?!? not only do they fuck with his music, but they marvel at his business model!!!!! he was in the mix when pac, pun, and L were alive, and now more than 10 years later hes still in the mix!!!!!!!

you dont have to consider him the best, or the god emcee, but ima look at you funny if you cant admit the nigga is nice!!!!!! hot music and great business model!!!!!!!

prodigy of mobb deep probably hates jay-z more than any rapper that ever lived, and even hed tell you jay is one of the greats!!!!!!!

BmsAw7xrcKM

0JAeBgMonMs

Hh003Czlx3g

jays done a lot for hip hop, rejecting that makes you look bad as a hip hop fan in my opinion!!!!! look at that studio session with rubin and tell me this nigga isnt nice, if youve laid a track down and hate on that id like to hear what your doing musically!!!!!!

Tommy
01-23-2010, 08:53 AM
Limp Bizkit ain't corny , they're a pretty good band....

Yeah, when I was about 10.

I guess people are just gonna be jealous that they see a guy like Jay-Z making millions and seemingly living the easy life whilst those Canibus-esque rappers are badly struggling with nobody but their 1,000 fans giving a shit.

Boofy3
01-23-2010, 08:54 AM
to be honest i am new to these threads, is there rules to posting with low stat points or what?

and to the other post, do you really think jay z has styaed 100% revelant when hes making wack stuff like that track with swiss beats.

its blatant jay has made some nice tracks, like the dj premier produced ish.

but is also blatant hes thrown a hell of a lot of whack ish in the balance.

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 08:56 AM
that guy who said that about limp bizkit really isnt worth argueing with, hes go the sorryest opinions on music ive ever seen for someone who isnt 12 years old

The Hip-Hop I know def wasn't about making corny wannabe rock songs

sshhhh no one tell him about

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1f/Rundmc_2.jpg

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 08:58 AM
hes making wack stuff like that track with swiss beats.

THAT SONG IS FIRE HOMIE

WM1RChZk1EU

whats ur problem with this joint?

Tommy
01-23-2010, 08:58 AM
to be honest i am new to these threads, is there rules to posting with low stat points or what?

and to the other post, do you really think jay z has styaed 100% revelant when hes making wack stuff like that track with swiss beats.

its blatant jay has made some nice tracks, like the dj premier produced ish.

but is also blatant hes thrown a hell of a lot of whack ish in the balance.

The greats aren't always gonna have a perfect track record, Ali lost fights, Jordan lost games, Federer has thrown away opportunities, Pele failed to win at times etc. etc. It's just about outweighing the bad with the good, which Jay-Z has pretty comfortably done.

Boofy3
01-23-2010, 09:05 AM
its cool if u like that song.

for me personally its not underground enough for me to listen to.

maybe its not fair enough for me to judge on this thread, coz ill be honest i dont feel ive listened to enough jay z stuff to have the rights to say whats hes done.

as ive only got his first album.

my argument that im trying to put accross is spittin bars bout money, bragging about being in the game, and half hearted tracks that people are getting hyped up over.

i wasnt just aiming that statement at jay z. just them type of fans of his.

personally i dont like his style on the mic, maybe i should just leave it at that.

Ghost In The 'Lac
The bottom line is: he is the god mc.

And you cant say its because he went commercial, becuase hes never had a number 1 record.

for me personally its not underground enough for me to listen to.

AHAhahahaahahhahahahaah!!

whos secondary are you

angry!
yo ima school you right quick my g...

LL cool J is one of the best emcees of all time, and one of my favorites...

he hasnt dropped anything thats excited me as a fan in probably 10 years....

hes still one of the greatest emcees of all time!!!!!

jay been in the game a long time, why should what hes doing now sour what hes already accomplished!?!?!?!?!!

"want my old shit buy my old albums"

id say hes defintely relevant, im not crazy about the direction he took with bp3, but it was one of, if not the highest selling hip hop album of last year, and jay was without a doubt the most visible emcee of last year!!!! the nigga performed at the championship parade in front of bloomburg,, performed at the world series, did a 9/11 benefit concert... hes everywhere nigga!!!!!!

most emcees lose steam as they get older, most emcees jays age have lost a lot of their drawing power and fade away into obscurity, hes in foreign territorry right now and is helping destroy the notion older emcees cant pop or get busy!!!!!!!!

i can respect that as a fan of the genre!!!!! its evolution homeboy!!!!!!!

reasonable doubt
blueprint
the black album

^^^^ 3 undeniably banging albums, most rappers are lucky to drop one banging album!!!! find a new nigga to hate on!!!!!!

Boofy3
01-23-2010, 09:06 AM
what do you think makes a god mc tho?

Boofy3
01-23-2010, 09:08 AM
"find a new nigga to hate on!!!!!!"

like i said, confusing me with a jay z hater

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 09:10 AM
reasonable doubt
blueprint
the black album

^^^^ 3 undeniably banging albums, most rappers are lucky to drop one banging album!!!! find a new nigga to hate on!!!!!!

dont forget the rest homie!! id rate in my life time and dynasty over black album personlly!

what do you think makes a god mc tho?

i aint gotta tell u, hes there living for you to look at

he embodies it

hes like the frank sinatra of the rap world. hes everything they want to be. in every way.

and if you ask me hes never gone commericial, hes always come with it. just look at the American Gangsta album, he always puts out real shit.

just haters hating

Ghost In The 'Lac
01-23-2010, 09:15 AM
and how many times you seen jay make a corny rnb sell out tracks for radio play?

how many times has he drafted in a weak female rnb singer to give him a hook?

Non of his singles from his last 7 albums have been like that. even his singles are real rap records

idk how you can call him pop like hes ja rule some shit. jays kept rap alive for the last 10 years.

angry!
01-23-2010, 09:15 AM
"find a new nigga to hate on!!!!!!"

like i said, confusing me with a jay z hater

well, you said it yourself youve only heard one album from jay...

yet youre in this thread opposing his placement as a great....

thats what a hater does, get familiar with the material before takin swipes nigga!!!!!!!

when dmx was selling records, jay z was right there...

when ja was selling records, jay z was right there....

when 50 was selling records, jay z was right there.....

niggas act like he was given the baton on technicality, this nigga put in work to get where he is!!!!!!!!

Boofy3
01-23-2010, 09:30 AM
true that. i agrre with you.

i think i should have kept my opinions for a more suitable thread.

i see what your saying.

i wernt trying to apose his position as a great, as the greatest, i probally was trying to opose that.

when i said that he wernt underground enough for me to listen to, i wernt trying to state he was pop.

i meant i dont feel as satisfied listning to jay z as i would other mcs. but it all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

also, i think alot of my statements come from bitterness of the people and djs in my country jumping on jay z for the wrong reasons.

if i brought some pointless statements or irrelevant arguments to your thread, i apologise

Hollow Dartz
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM

1) You haven't heard of Run-Dmc?
2) Linkin Park isn't wack (That's one of the +'s about hip-hop, doing some hot cross over shit, how many rappers use rock in their songs and that shit sounds crazy, don't tell me your one of them one dimensional cats, making threads asking "what happened to army fatigues" Lol nigga where do u live and are u allowed to go outside? That shit is played out.)
3) Jay-Z hater.

Exactly. He should be disqualified from this thread along with Alcatraz. Stop tryna switch up the subject.

claaa7
01-23-2010, 11:05 AM
Jigga man is fucking incredible, as already stated he embodies everything that is hip-hop. Street cats and hardcore rappers like Raekwon, MOP and DJ Premier still loves his work and give him the credits he deserves at the same time as 16-year old girls with bubblegum in their mouths wouldn't hesitate to throw up the diamond at any given time. that's fucking incredible to pull such a balance act - most rappers that try to pull such a thing gets written off quickly cuz they can't handle it; but Jay always knew how to move with the times and update his sound, which is why he is still relevant and at the top of the charts.

people mention "Reasonable Doubt" and "Blueprint" but the fact is that every single one of Jay-Z's albums is remotely hot and got at least a buch of hot street joints. living legend...

11th Chamber
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
THAT SONG IS FIRE HOMIE

WM1RChZk1EU

word put that shit in ya system in yer car and it bangs hard as fuck

Afficial_Nastee
01-23-2010, 01:42 PM
that guy who said that about limp bizkit really isnt worth argueing with, hes go the sorryest opinions on music ive ever seen for someone who isnt 12 years old

C'mon dawg , Rolling and My Way were pretty good tracks ! Fred Durst didn't have any skills as a so called MC but I'm talking about the band as a whole....

And Run DMC never made corny music.... Ofcourse I knew a lot of Hip-Hop crews or MC's already did some Rock sounding stuff but that wasn't corny at all! But working with Linkin Park is kinda corny....

baby jesus
01-23-2010, 02:38 PM
What is the view of Jay-Z here?
That Hes A Pop Bubblegum Artist With No Talent That Would Get Circles Rapped Around Him By Such Artist As Holocoust And Other Shitty Nobodies Scrub Rappers.

With Threads Such As Whos Better Lupe Or Jay-z Really Get The Fuck Outta Here With That Non Sense.

Edgar Erebus
01-23-2010, 02:45 PM
jay is talented he is one of the most technical rappers who has spawned a whole generation of wannabees (wayne included--jays biggest ripoff) but the reality is the legends from his era passed on early in life, making it easy for him to assume THEIR position without much competition ... i'm not one 2 be like shoulda woulda but this is a fact ... if pun/big/L/pac were all still alive, would there be any room for a jay-z? to me, the answer is too easy

Congratulations, Alcatraz, that even made sense. I agree with you, you know what that means?

That, and let's not forget what Dat Franchize Boy said, that in the last ten - or fifteen - years no really great rappers came out (yes homo). Jay-Z is actually the last of the greats, and I must give him props for becoming the only genuine rap superstar, the one whose sales and reputation are based on the name alone. I mean, he could package a blank disc with his name printed on and shit would go platinum. He's on Beatles or U2 level with that shit.

That still doesn't make him best rapper alive or ever. Greatest, maybe, but not best.

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 03:35 PM
and how many times you seen jay make a corny rnb sell out tracks for radio play?

how many times has he drafted in a weak female rnb singer to give him a hook?

Non of his singles from his last 7 albums have been like that. even his singles are real rap records

idk how you can call him pop like hes ja rule some shit. jays kept rap alive for the last 10 years.

i hope youre being sarcastic because this is what people call jay out on the most LOL

Frank Sobotka
01-23-2010, 03:50 PM
THAT SONG IS FIRE HOMIE

WM1RChZk1EU

Jay-z is admitting to satanism with that video that's my problem!

YungSunny
01-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Talking album sales and popularity isn't relevant. Tupac's been dead for more than 10 years and STILL going platinum. I highly doubt jay-z could do that.
For one thing, he won't be alive to know what the latest hip hop trend is so he won't even sell. Don't give me another list of all the trends he's started, cause we all know jay-z's career started as a trend follower.
A mafioso album in 96. Think about it.

wuswordz95
01-23-2010, 06:55 PM
im gonna put this subject to rest once and for all.

im not a jay z hater at all, but i get confused as one.

the fact of the matter is (and you can deny this if u want) he doesnt weald the highest level of lyrical skill.

people like to say g.o.a.t, but really all they consider is album and single sales and they be like jeez.

if anything im a hater of all them people that like to build a hype around anyone that raps about things that have no substance to their lyrics.

infact im totally sick to my stomach of people getting hyped up over these new rappers coming out, spittin weak bars bout they gonna be a millionair soon or claiming to be the best from the get go when they aint got the back catalogue of consistent qaulity to back up their claims.

i know jay z has a hefty back catalogue, but ask anyone who knows about true skill on the mic how much of jays back catalogue was sick.

ive got reasonable dought coz i heared some stuff from it and i thought hhhmmm, its not bad. i liked half of it. on the half i liked the beats were nice and the vibes were nice.

but people be honest, at the end of the day jay z aint the best rapper.

people stop confusing sales with skill, then ill stop being confused as a jay z hater

co sign you know yer rappers.

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 10:41 PM
A mafioso album in 96. Think about it.

:beer: LOL I'M GLAD YOU GET IT

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
01-23-2010, 11:14 PM
radio listeners, the most clueless breed of music fan, are the main ppl that buy jay's records. and you're saying if you don't like jay you're the worst kind? if rappers never catered to what radio fans wanted, hip-hop wouldn't suck as bad as does these days.

fact

and dude's music for the past 10 years ain't even been that good. if you prefer it over the majority of rap, you're a watered down faggit. which is the main problem for me, jay-z's fan base is an embarrassment to hip-hop.

it's hard enough having to mingle with wu-tang's shitty fans, I would lose all respect for myself if my peers were fat high-school bitches on youtube that put blueprint 3 at their #1 spot of their 'best rap CDs of 2009' vlaugs because they 'loved that song with rhianna.'

there's more than enough entertaining rap shit being made to hold my interest, OJ da juiceman makes a new mixtape like every 2 and a half hours, why would I listen to jay-z?
wtf are you so worried about what other people like - do - say?

fucking be a man and make ur own mind up

basically the only reason to hate jay-z is that he is broadly popular

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 11:17 PM
just two scoops

Boofy3
01-25-2010, 04:47 AM
maybe im deaf or i dont know hip hop as well as i like to think so,

but in all honesty, i dont see whats so fire about that on to the next one track?

rappin about money again???

this day and age creativity lacks, not just with jay z either.

thats young forever track? midlife crisis

Frank Sobotka
01-25-2010, 05:35 AM
thats young forever track? midlife crisis
He's been calling himself 'young' forever I think he's just delusional

sickdog
01-25-2010, 05:38 AM
i hate jay z :(

even from from his first album i can listen only to dead presidents....

Hazmat
01-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Once again motherfuckers blinded by that money and popularity.
Theres a diffirence between liking someone and respecting someone.

Jay Z is skilled no doubt, one of the best?...fuck no and thats a fact. One of the most overrated emcee's?...hell yea.

Hes your run of the mill emcee that got money and got popular by just slinging what the people want. call up any major record label and ask who made him famous.

ALCATRAZ
01-26-2010, 02:36 AM
influence counts for a lot though and jay has influenced a lot of people not as many as 2pac the god of rap but a lot of emcees nonetheless

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-26-2010, 04:32 AM
yeah but Jay-Z is a talented musician. this is why he is still on the scene, not his lyrics.

Poison Flowerz!
08-16-2010, 11:59 AM
RqScH2CfYTg

J.T.S.
08-16-2010, 12:36 PM
hardcore rappers like Raekwon

i thought Rae dissed Jay-z's american gangster album calling it wack..
Lol! And let's not forget about Rza in an old interview i'm Rza , there's Gza, know niggas wan't to call themselves Jigga..

i haven't rocked any jigga joints really since the black album, actually that song "Lost One" was fucking sick!! But besides that i haven't heard anything mind blowing!!

J.T.S.
08-16-2010, 01:04 PM
He's been calling himself 'young' forever I think he's just delusional

lol hilarious!!

djskillz
08-16-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll always have respect for Jay-Z. I honestly couldn't imagine a true emcee getting that big until he did it.

Hollow Dartz
08-16-2010, 04:00 PM
Jay-Z is better than 90% of ya'll favorite mcs on this forum. FACT

buckshotstheone
08-16-2010, 04:03 PM
Jay-Z is better than 90% of ya'll favorite mcs on this forum. FACT

kinda low with that number, i'd say more like 95%. technicalities right? basically people who don't recognize jay-z's talent are haters, they won't stop hating til he retires....again....and again....

Krimewave
08-16-2010, 04:10 PM
seriously, you dont know shit. its not like im a jayz stan, but i can recognise he IS the God M.C, and is one of the greatest to ever do it. hes one of the only MCs who can still truly rip a mic.

so al im saying is if you hate on jay z, or think hes wack or whatever, you got serious fucking issues with yourself. idk if its becaus you were bullied mercilessy at school and have a big problem with popularity or whatever, but fucking man up, stop lyin to yourself.

so in this thread, if your NOT a fan of jay z, please list your favorite rappers.

then we'll break down what the real reason is you dont like Jay. because ive seen homos in here talk about all their favorite rappers (the usual mediocre east coast punchline rappers) and they dont even realise the people they do like, are just JayZ clones

WTF???

Ghostface Killah
Breezley Brewin
Rakim
Nas
Doom
Chef Raekwon
Kool Keith
Method Man
Timbo King
Killah Priest

etc etc etc
I could go on.

you see a Jigga clone in there holmes?

djskillz
08-16-2010, 04:28 PM
^most of those people came out before jigga. AFTER jigga damn near every popular emcee has been a jay clone.

Tommy
08-16-2010, 05:06 PM
He's top five, dead or alive, no doubt.

And for everybody saying, "he's not lyrical!!!!!", you need to stop listening to hip hop immediately because you obviously have no idea what hip hop lyricism and flow is all about.

All the greatest of the greats, from Rakim to KRS to Ghostface to Redman to Eminem to Andre to whoever else, recognise Jay as one of the best to ever do it. This, in hindsight, renders anybody's opinion on this forum completely irrelevant when they speak bad on him.

Oh, and just to add, he's one of the greatest live performers as well.

Be there when the music winds down and Jay Z turns the lights on the crowd, and for about 30 minutes just shouts out the people wearing a shirt with his name on it, or those he saw screaming every word to every verse back at him during the show. Then try to tell me he hasn’t, against all odds, retained some of that grateful kid from the Marcy projects.

http://rachelchesbrough.blogspot.com/2010/08/confessions-of-hip-hop-junkie.html

djskillz
08-16-2010, 05:07 PM
If people can listen to Justify My Thug and think he's not lyrical then they need to quit hip hop right now.

buckshotstheone
08-16-2010, 05:27 PM
He's top five, dead or alive, no doubt.

And for everybody saying, "he's not lyrical!!!!!", you need to stop listening to hip hop immediately because you obviously have no idea what hip hop lyricism and flow is all about.

All the greatest of the greats, from Rakim to KRS to Ghostface to Redman to Eminem to Andre to whoever else, recognise Jay as one of the best to ever do it. This, in hindsight, renders anybody's opinion on this forum completely irrelevant when they speak bad on him.

Oh, and just to add, he's one of the greatest live performers as well.

http://rachelchesbrough.blogspot.com/2010/08/confessions-of-hip-hop-junkie.html

haha you know that chick? yo, she talking about me in that first paragraph right at the beginning.

Paranoid
08-17-2010, 02:23 AM
hes talented but evil.

derek41
08-17-2010, 10:04 AM
jay z is definitely one of the best rappers out there, but like eminem I just can't stand his music. To each his own, I guess. He is also a sell-out, and no self respecting black man would use the name Rocafella for their record companies. I am sure the real Rockefeller family loves that.

food for thought
08-17-2010, 10:24 AM
i dont give a fuck about jayz.

i never thought he was that good at all. i always thought dude was average.

its watever son.

and this was way before the nas beef and he started to go the 100% faggit route.

fact

cosign this.

food for thought
08-17-2010, 10:26 AM
WTF???

Ghostface Killah
Breezley Brewin
Rakim
Nas
Doom
Chef Raekwon
Kool Keith
Method Man
Timbo King
Killah Priest

etc etc etc
I could go on.

you see a Jigga clone in there holmes?

what he said.

im sure we can go for days bruh.

buckshotstheone
08-17-2010, 10:47 AM
i dont give a fuck about jayz.

i never thought he was that good at all. i always thought dude was average.

its watever son.

and this was way before the nas beef and he started to go the 100% faggit route.

cosign this.

i know you ain't say the original quote but you co-signed it. if rappers never catered to radio fans then there wouldn't be hip hop today. i don't know if you remember (although with the PRT video in your sig i'm sure you do) that at one time rap was considered a "fad" that would fade away, guarantee if no one ever tried to cater to the radio then rap would be gone by now, and a whole lot of people wouldn't have jobs, a whole lot of people would still be struggling instead of making careers for themselves, but hey, by all means "keep it real", which basically translates to "stay broke"

benzo
08-17-2010, 11:00 AM
i know you ain't say the original quote but you co-signed it. if rappers never catered to radio fans then there wouldn't be hip hop today. i don't know if you remember (although with the PRT video in your sig i'm sure you do) that at one time rap was considered a "fad" that would fade away, guarantee if no one ever tried to cater to the radio then rap would be gone by now, and a whole lot of people wouldn't have jobs, a whole lot of people would still be struggling instead of making careers for themselves, but hey, by all means "keep it real", which basically translates to "stay broke"

that's nice but we're talking about the quality of his music here, not the fact that he's indirectly helping out the wack-ass hip-hop industry by catering to the radio.

GoldynChyld
08-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Someone who says Jay-z is wack is deluded. He ain't my favourite rapper but saying he is average is just stupid.

Mindsword
08-17-2010, 11:12 AM
then i may be the worst kind, but i guarantee you jay-z is even worse (fascist, sellout, republican) milking this hip-hop culture bitch for all he can with his little white corporate freemason best-buddies..

ok i may not even hate jay-z, but im defintely against what he is doing..

Krimewave
08-17-2010, 11:13 AM
what he said.

im sure we can go for days bruh.

of that there is no doubt.

buckshotstheone
08-17-2010, 11:14 AM
that's nice but we're talking about the quality of his music here, not the fact that he's indirectly helping out the wack-ass hip-hop industry by catering to the radio.

without the "wack ass hip hop industry" there would be no backpacker, underground, look-out-my-bedroom-window bullshit faggotry rap that makes emo kids channel their feelings and really get a message out of the deep philosophical bullshit that these fanboys spit. jay-z haters are a funny bunch cause your favorite rapper's favorite rapper is jay-z, look at all the underground jay-z clones, they're everywhere, yet you mafuckas are on some "yo fuck the radio, fuck the mainstream, fuck anything that makes money, that shit is bullshit, yo if you in the top 10 then you garbage straight up fuck that gay shit". basically you that dude at the party that gets all pissy when the girls start dancing to gucci mane instead of rolling up to one of those bitches and trying to fuck.

Tommy
08-17-2010, 11:29 AM
They're the type that will go to a party and stand in the corner complaining that "the lyrics suck".

Jay-Z is your favourite rapper's favourite rapper, how can he be wack? Morons.

Bizzaro55
08-17-2010, 11:38 AM
hes a good rapper ya....but hes a sell out bitch lol. honestly. fuck that dude

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/inyoiKjVe0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/inyoiKjVe0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tommy
08-17-2010, 11:44 AM
hes a good rapper ya....but hes a sell out bitch lol. honestly. fuck that dude

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/inyoiKjVe0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/inyoiKjVe0I?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sold out how? Because he sold more records?

If you ask me, I think he's got better in skill and style since the hungry, young rapper of the mid 90s. People can't even back up their claims properly, they just hate him because they think it's what their favourite backpack rapper would want them to do.

benzo
08-17-2010, 12:08 PM
without the "wack ass hip hop industry" there would be no backpacker, underground, look-out-my-bedroom-window bullshit faggotry rap that makes emo kids channel their feelings and really get a message out of the deep philosophical bullshit that these fanboys spit. jay-z haters are a funny bunch cause your favorite rapper's favorite rapper is jay-z, look at all the underground jay-z clones, they're everywhere, yet you mafuckas are on some "yo fuck the radio, fuck the mainstream, fuck anything that makes money, that shit is bullshit, yo if you in the top 10 then you garbage straight up fuck that gay shit". basically you that dude at the party that gets all pissy when the girls start dancing to gucci mane instead of rolling up to one of those bitches and trying to fuck.

Look here you blogging faggot, first off I can promise that none of my favorite rapper's favorite rapper is Jay-Z. Rakim, Chuck-D, KRS, G Rap maybe. Second, I'm not a Jay hater...where'd you get that from??? I just reminded you that his contributions to hip-hop, good or bad, have no bearing on the public's opinion of his music. Third, you don't know what type of dude I am because unlike you, I don't wear wear my emotions on my sleeve posting bullshit blogs that nobody gives a fuck about.

Durag
08-17-2010, 12:13 PM
Jay-Z is one of the best ever, and one of my favourite rappers ever, but i wouldnt say people who dont like him are the worst kind, he gives people a lot of reasons to dislike him. ie watering down his style (listen to him now, then listed to RD, then listen to his pre RD days and you'll see what im talking about) and how commercial a lot of his music is.

Jay-Z wants to cater for the pop audiences more than the hip-hop audiences in my opinion because pop sells more. For example "American Gangster" in general got great reviews from hip-hop critics and fans, but didnt really sell as much because it caterd to the hip-hop crowd rather than the pop crowd, and this obviously displeased him a little as he went and got Kanye and Rihanna for the first single off his next album which was pretty much full of pop tunes.

Im not dissing Jigga, like he said hes one of my favourites, but i can see why people dislike him, and saying people that dont like him are the worst kind is just fuckin stupid.

buckshotstheone
08-17-2010, 02:19 PM
Look here you blogging faggot, first off I can promise that none of my favorite rapper's favorite rapper is Jay-Z. Rakim

oh word??

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.11053/title.rakim-says-jay-z-is-his-current-favorite-emcee

djskillz
08-17-2010, 02:21 PM
^co-sign. damn near every emcee regardless of age knows Jay-Z has earned his place in people's greatest emcee list.

THE MASON
08-17-2010, 02:29 PM
Jay Z is a dope rapper. i dont like his music but i will admit it,technically he has mastered all the skills an emcee wants, minus the lyrical side sometimes, at least i think he lacks in that department occasionally. but i used to bump a lot of Jay back when i was younger, but not Reasonable Doubt

now i have more respect for Reasonable Doubt as an album, very well constructed piece of music. but for the most part his music bores me but like i said hes a skilled emcee, hands down and deserves his props.

djskillz
08-17-2010, 02:42 PM
XcjkD_GgAR8

NcncVej7X_k

etl9kkIGaHo

^you're not a hip hop head if you can't appreciate this. the beat is vintage def jam. rick rubin is a genius.

Hollow Dartz
08-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Jay-Z haters getting owned, I love this thread. No backup to your claims lol thats like going to court with no lawyer lol

Frank Sobotka
08-17-2010, 03:13 PM
People call so many rappers "one of the greatest" or "One of the best to ever do it" it's lost it's meaning to me.

and a lot of the "well this rapper said jay-z is great" are pretty irrelevant to me as well, Jay-z is popular and interviewers will ask about popular rappers.
I've been playing Teflon Don allot, so when somebody asks me about Rick Ross I'm going to say He's great and Teflon don is my shit, but that doesn't mean I think he's an amazing rapper.

benzo
08-17-2010, 03:15 PM
oh word??

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.11053/title.rakim-says-jay-z-is-his-current-favorite-emcee

word. my favorite rappers' favorites are Rakim, KRS, etc. i didn't say Rakim was one of my favorite rappers you fuckin simp.

TheBoarzHeadBoy
08-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I just hate people who can't accept that Nas and Jay Z are two of the greatest rappers. Most people like Nas but people either think Jay Z is the godfather of the rap game or a fagot.

One of my friends is a big Nas fan so he shits on Jay Z when I've got it on in the car or whatever. But Jay is solid. Some of the best beats, solid lyrics, and a smooth flow. Nas is the better lyricist, but Jay Z is better listening.

I think its funny when people take sides in people they don't knows' feuds.

buckshotstheone
08-17-2010, 06:31 PM
word. my favorite rappers' favorites are Rakim, KRS, etc. i didn't say Rakim was one of my favorite rappers you fuckin simp.

aight then your favorite rapper's favorite rapper's favorite rapper is jay-z. either way, keep hating cause hov really gives a shit while he stacks his millions

Jragonsoul
08-17-2010, 06:58 PM
First off to all of you caliming everyone as Jay Z haters you cant actually hate on someone if you dont know them so shut the fuck up with that bullshit.I enjoy Jay Zs music but I feel alot of rappers could fuck Jay Z up.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-01-2010, 12:17 PM
c_EiQPRSZic

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-01-2010, 12:24 PM
"Whoever thought young shaun carter would change the game, used to rap to the rain drops off my window pain, duckin the plain cops pushin endo and cane, at the kitchen table latenight, no pen just my brain"

The Clipse not only CC those old jay lines daily, they copy the flow verbatim from that part.

You niggas need to relaise so many rappers you adore studied this man, and are still doing styles he left a decade ago.

benzo
09-01-2010, 01:22 PM
now that you point it out they do use that flow alot

Tommy
09-01-2010, 01:31 PM
and a lot of the "well this rapper said jay-z is great" are pretty irrelevant to me as well, Jay-z is popular and interviewers will ask about popular rappers.

I'm not trying to diss you here, but how can you say that, son?

If an interviewer asks Kane, Raekwon, KRS, Rakim, Kool G, Big L, Ghostface, Nas, Masta Ace, Snoop, Black Thought, Eminem, Andre 3000, and Biggie who their favourite rappers are and they say Jay-Z, is that irrelevant? No fucking way is it irrelevant. If the greatest rappers of all time also recognise him as the greatest, then how can it possibly be irrelevant? All it does is shit over the opinions of people like you who say he isn't all that.

Fair enough if you just can't get into his music, I guess I can come to understand that, although I'm not sure how any hip hop fan wouldn't be able to. But don't say he's wack, that will just prove you're a shallow hip hop fan with no knowledge whatsoever. 14 years and still dropping heat. Saying Jay-Z isn't one of the greatest is like saying Ali wasn't shit to boxing, Jordan wasn't shit to basketball, the list goes on. Just listen to the music.

Oh, and he's one of the only rappers to hold down a full, classic album all by himself with no guests. How many of your favourite rappers can do that?

(P.S. I like the way people's only responses are "he ain't a good lyricist" or "Em murdered him!!!!)

Frank Sobotka
09-01-2010, 01:56 PM

If an interviewer asks Kane, Raekwon, KRS, Rakim, Kool G, Big L, Ghostface, Nas, Masta Ace, Snoop, Black Thought, Eminem, Andre 3000, and Biggie who their favourite rappers are and they say Jay-Z, is that irrelevant? No fucking way is it irrelevant. If the greatest rappers of all time also recognise him as the greatest, then how can it possibly be irrelevant? All it does is shit over the opinions of people like you who say he isn't all that.

Fair enough if you just can't get into his music, I guess I can come to understand that, although I'm not sure how any hip hop fan wouldn't be able to. But don't say he's wack, that will just prove you're a shallow hip hop fan with no knowledge whatsoever. 14 years and still dropping heat. Saying Jay-Z isn't one of the greatest is like saying Ali wasn't shit to boxing, Jordan wasn't shit to basketball, the list goes on. Just listen to the music.

Oh, and he's one of the only rappers to hold down a full, classic album all by himself with no guests. How many of your favourite rappers can do that?

(P.S. I like the way people's only responses are "he ain't a good lyricist" or "Em murdered him!!!!)That's not what I meant at all.
Like I tried to explain, it's the context that makes it relevant or irrelevant.
Did the rapper or the interviewer bring Jay-z up?
If the interviewer asks about Jay-z it doesn't mean shit to me.
Like I said, around the time "Teflon Don" dropped I would've answered Rick Ross was one of my favourite rappers at the moment, it doesn't mean I think he is one of the greatest, just that he is somebody I am currently listening to frequently.
Yet when somebody asks me about my favourite rappers right now Rick Ross wouldn't come to mind that quickly.

The argument isn't that people think Jay-Z is wack but that he's terribly over rated.

davedigital360
09-01-2010, 02:57 PM
Jay is one of the best to ever do it. The man is a sick rapper. I don't see how anyone can deny that. Plus he is still a relevant topic when it comes to radio, lyrical shit, business shit and best mc of all time conversations. One thing I love about Jay Z is that he still keeps soulfull hip hop on the radio. Fight me!

Frank Sobotka
09-01-2010, 03:08 PM
Seriously there are more then 50 rappers who are seen as "one of the greatest", jay probably can't compete with most on there.

claaa7
09-01-2010, 03:24 PM
"Whoever thought young shaun carter would change the game, used to rap to the rain drops off my window pain, duckin the plain cops pushin endo and cane, at the kitchen table latenight, no pen just my brain"

The Clipse not only CC those old jay lines daily, they copy the flow verbatim from that part.

You niggas need to relaise so many rappers you adore studied this man, and are still doing styles he left a decade ago.

word, i love that whole verse. "Volume III" had some crazy shit on there, i got the European/original version with all "Hova Interludes" on it and "Is That Yo Bitch" and "Anything" still on there. Jigga is one of the best wordsmiths that's very, very hard to debate and he got a great skill for picking ill beats and put out albums that satisfy both hardcore hip-hop fans and mainstream MTV listeners at the same time. "Reasonable Doubt" is on a totally different level as far as the lyricism goes tho, he's been lyrically dope all his career but he never flexed like THAT again. "D'Evils" is one of the illest tracks hip-hop ever saw.

i don't like the shit he stands for tho and these days i can hardly listen to him at all anymore.

benzo
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM

(P.S. I like the way people's only responses are "he ain't a good lyricist" or "Em murdered him!!!!)

The Black Album???

Tommy
09-01-2010, 04:15 PM
The Black Album???

Yeah.

Mr. R&B
09-01-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't give a fuck about what fans of a certain artist have to say about my dislike of that person...

I'm never gonna be a Jay-Z fan, but I'm not gonna go out of my way to insult his fanbase.

People like what they like, but that doesn't mean I have to join the constituancy.

benzo
09-01-2010, 04:20 PM
I thought that's what you meant....

Wasted Space
09-01-2010, 05:07 PM

Why in the last ten years? It's not like Jay-Z got his start in the last ten years.

don't say shit about One Be Lo...his cleverness is what makes him interesting to listen to
a song about smoking weed AND about girls at the same time? he's a genius

It's just about weed. It's called an extended metaphor, you non-book-reading chump.

Southern Solja
09-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Why in the last ten years? It's not like Jay-Z got his start in the last ten years.

Because that's around the time Jay became a relevant, household name.

Wasted Space
09-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Because that's around the time Jay became a relevant, household name.

That other guy got shouted down because he said eminem because a household name around that time.

Inspektah Meth-Tical
09-01-2010, 06:41 PM
When it all comes down to it. Nas > Jay-Z. I don't see the hype around Jay, everyone praises him for being a lyrical genious, but i never really heard any line of his which is good.

benzo
09-02-2010, 08:37 AM
The noobs are coming!!!

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-02-2010, 10:16 AM
used to rap to the rain drops of my window pain