PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Apache

crds
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_N3iIJVXFkaA/R3kTQyKHCLI/AAAAAAAABYk/g28bOd-x7eI/s400/Front.jpeg

http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2010/01/22/22104395.aspx

Flavor Unit emcee Apache, born Anthony Teaks, passed away after a protracted illness.

As an original member of Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit, Apache first appeared on 45 King Presents The Flavor Unit and his best known single “Gangsta b***h” peaked at #11 on Billboard's Hot Rap Singles Chart.

Shakim Compere, CEO and Co Founder of Flavor Unit Records, remembered Apache.

“Without Apache there would have been no Queen Latifah, no Naughty By Nature, no Chill Rob G, no anything” Compere told AllHipHop.com. “Apache was the string that tied all of Flavor Unit together. Without Apache none of this would be.”

Apache's appearances included collaborations with Naughty by Nature, Fat Joe, Tupac, and A Tribe Called Quest.

“That’s my g, r.i.p in peace big homie, you will be missed, shout out to his family naughty by nature, I just did a show with them, god bless,” DJ Kid Capri said via Twitter.

oDoUoSoKo
01-22-2010, 07:21 PM
swine flu?

Tommy
01-22-2010, 07:31 PM
qVA8kQzNhl4

MGwJU3TkOgo&feature=related

DYifIIHENQA&feature=related

R.I.P.

claaa7
01-23-2010, 05:12 AM
Another hip-hop soldier just passed away yesterday, Anthony Teks, better known as Apache was a member of Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit in the early '90s. He released his one and only album, "Apache Ain't Shit", in 1993 that featured collaborations with Diamond D, Large Professor, Queen Latifah and A Tribe Called Quest amongst others; including the well-known Q-Tip produced single "Gangsta Bitch".

(AllHipHop News) Flavor Unit emcee Apache, born Anthony Teaks, passed away today (January 22) after a protracted illness.

As an original member of Queen Latifah's Flavor Unit, Apache first appeared on 45 King Presents The Flavor Unit and his best known single “Gangsta B**ch” peaked at #11 on Billboard's Hot Rap Singles chart.

Shakim Compere, CEO and Co-Founder of Flavor Unit Records, remembered Apache.

“Without Apache there would have been no Queen Latifah, no Naughty By Nature, no Chill Rob G., no anything” Compere told AllHipHop.com. “Apache was the string that tied all of Flavor Unit together. Without Apache none of this would be.”

Apache was one of the three original rappers in Flavor Unit, which also counted Queen Latifah and Latee as early group members.

The rap crew consisted of groups or rappers like Lakim Shabazz, Lord Alibaski, Chill Rob G., Naughty By Nature, Freddie Foxxx, Nikki D and Queen Latifah.

Apache's appearances included collaborations with Naughty by Nature, Fat Joe, Tupac, and A Tribe Called Quest.

“That’s my g, r.i.p in peace big homie, you will be missed, shout out to his family naughty by nature, I just did a show with them, god bless,” DJ Kid Capri said via Twitter.

claaa7
01-23-2010, 05:15 AM
qVA8kQzNhl4

rkQBjSUXXMs

73EkcqDCpuY

Ft_eiZmFH4E

4G2gdb9dKxM

ALCATRAZ
01-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Rip

claaa7
01-23-2010, 05:47 AM
sorry Jaz didn't see your thread on here as well so i posted my own.. mods, plz merge.

theDZA
01-23-2010, 05:49 AM
r.i.p.

CharlesJones
01-23-2010, 10:48 AM
I haven't heard his only album in a long time so i forgot how it sounded. Hey Girl song on the album is tight. I remember Freddie Foxxx was in the video. I disagree with Shakim saying there wouldn't have been no Queen Latifah and Naughty By Nature without Apache. They would've gotten signed by a label regardless because of their skills. I don't understand why people say that sometimes about rappers. I remember Fat Joe saying KRS One wouldn't have gotten signed if he hadn't dissed MC Shan and Juice Crew. That's bullshit because KRS would've gotten signed by a label because of his skills.

Tecknowledgist
01-23-2010, 03:39 PM
i heard the rumors a couple days ago but nobody could confirm it yet

"i want a gangsta bitch like apache said
who rap like lauryn hill did on nappy heads"

RIP

BRONZBODY
01-24-2010, 10:07 AM
damn..gangsta bitch was that shit back in the day son!!!!

R.I.P