PDA

View Full Version : in 2009 we got an album full of dr.dre beats.... whatd you think about them!?!?!?!?!

angry!
01-23-2010, 12:03 PM
in 2009 one of the greatest producers in hip hop history produced all but 2 tracks for eminems relapse...

eminems performance aside, i wanna know what you thought about dres work on the album!!!!!!

tip to tip, the best beats eminem has ever rhymed on in my opinion!!!!!!

dre gave slim something different, some of these tracks like 3 AM and stay wide awake are unlike anything dre has ever done before!!!!

if you have a high quality sound system in your car, you owe it to yourself to give it a spin in that type of setting because its a high end workout!!!!!!!! the levels are ridiculous!!!!!!!

huge arrangments, and master mixing and engineering!!!!!

i can go down the list...

3 AM - original beat, bangin, makes a nigga wanna assassinate the microphone!!!!!

my mom - this is one of my favorite dre tracks in years. the horns, the bass, the drums, sonic crack!!!! ima call you a bitch if you cant feel this beat, straight up!!!!!

hello - i thought dre was running out of ideas!?!?!? this shit is unlike anything dres done, minimalistic space funk... sometimes less is more, this track moves!!!!!!!!

bagpipes from baghdad - bagpipes, vicious key stabs, crazy tempo... this beat is one of a kind, this kind of production should be inspiration for any aspiring producers out there!!!!!

same song and dance - this nigga dre flipped a metallica sample and made one of the darkest beats of his career!!!! moody, dark, perfect for em, but still has the funky dre touch!!!!!

medicine ball - the kind of beat that makes an emcee wanna spazz, which is exactly what em did with it!!!!! again, another inventive and original dre beat!!!!!! mechanical funk!!!!!!

stay wide awake - sonic masterpiece. vicious strings, vicious drums, vicious bridge, vicious changeup, thisll be making dres highlight reel!!!!!! next level dope, if youre a dre fan you cant not like this beat!!!!!

old times sake - this is an ode to production style of yesterday with updated equipment, simplistic banger!!!! i could hear ren and cube merking this shit inside out!!!! banger!!!!!!

must be the ganja - this beat sounds like it was put together by a blunted robot, unusual snare, rolling drums in open space, and a unexpected breakdown to accentuate slims spazz section of the track!!!!

deja vu - huge beat... alotta soul.... hot drums, dope strings... sickly track!!!!!

dre merked the album, he delivered something id never expect from an eminem record... riding music!!!!!! dre merked 09, fuck a naysayer!!!!!

claaa7
01-23-2010, 12:12 PM
word, Dre's beatwork on there was impeccable no doubt. nice thread, it's weird that peeps didn't get more hyped over an album fully laced by Dre when in fact this was the first album he produced in 10 YEARS. and he still definitely got it, i don't care to break it down but this shit was real fucking crazy.

11th Chamber
01-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Yea I thought the beats were great on the album.

Not to say Em wasent the show-stealer, cause he was his usually dope self on the mic, but it was prolly his first album were the beats drew me in more than jus what Em was saying

Its a shame that we all thought what the "typical Dre beat" sounded like or was supposed to sound like, cause when I first heard 'Stay Wide Awake' I was like "who produced this!?". Def thought it was atleast an Em beat or somthin

angry!
01-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Yea I thought the beats were great on the album.

Not to say Em wasent the show-stealer, cause he was his usually dope self on the mic, but it was prolly his first album were the beats drew me in more than jus what Em was saying

Its a shame that we all thought what the "typical Dre beat" sounded like or was supposed to sound like, cause when I first heard 'Stay Wide Awake' I was like "who produced this!?". Def thought it was atleast an Em beat or somthin

word!!!!!

when dre gives raekwon a track with classical piano work and banging drums, some of these loons run around crying with the ol "dre made the same beat again" bullshit when thats one of his signature styles !!!!!!

he got chambers man!!!!!!! how many different sounds has he come with?!?!!? that piano heavy shit is the NEW dre shit, dre didnt get stuck flippin p funk records, his entire sound template grew!!!!!

word, Dre's beatwork on there was impeccable no doubt. nice thread, it's weird that peeps didn't get more hyped over an album fully laced by Dre when in fact this was the first album he produced in 10 YEARS. and he still definitely got it, i don't care to break it down but this shit was real fucking crazy.

truth homie!!!!!

dre lacing an album is always gonna be an event for me as a hip hop fan!!!!!!!

Afficial_Nastee
01-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I thought the album was wack after I heard Em coming through with that wackass accent and flow.... And I'm a very big Eminem fan , matter fact he's my favourite MC but I gotta be honest about his weird accent and flow on Relapse....

So I never really payed attention to the beats , but errr , damn dawg you're right about the beats!!!! There are some serious ill made productions on that album!

famenchuan
01-23-2010, 03:25 PM
been listening to a bunch a tracks lately. em"s flow and the beats have really grew on me.

love that taking the ball track and crack a bottle

Edgar Erebus
01-23-2010, 03:38 PM
I don't know why, but I could never really get into those tracks. I grew to expect more from Dre when he's producing a whole album, and... I don't know... his beats on Relapse just lacked funk, IMO. Although, honestly, there were a few really great beats right there, which is more than anything he did since '06. "Stay Wide Awake", "Same Song and Dance" and "Old Time's Sake" first come to mind.

main_man
01-23-2010, 09:57 PM
relapse = one of the best records of '09, son!

Frank Sobotka
01-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Beats were amazing, em kind of ruined it for me.

claaa7
01-24-2010, 07:57 AM
this thread made me throw on this album for the first time in quite a while, props for that. i gotta say the beats on this LP really blows my fucking mind; Dre totally masterminded this whole joint and while it's not one of my favorite pieces of last year it's probably the best (and most well-)produced album of 2009.

'Relapse' doesn't stack up to his first two albums (like most people i don't count his '96 demo "Infinite") but as a whole this might be the illest set of beats he ever had to work with for an album. it definitely was a blessing to see Dr. Dre take his time and really lace a full album again - and not only that; Em and Dre teamed up for the 'Refill EP' as well, another quality set of tracks!

angry!
01-24-2010, 09:41 AM
let em know claaa!!!!!

dres still killin it!!!!!!!!

Q4j8YTvkzoM

2mZtATLQk4Y

UFXtu--f3eA

rSTf9KSzQ1k

S_8KjKFxmbU&feature=related

dres washed up?!?!!?!?!?!? never that!!!!!!!!!

relapse as a whole is a great listen, eminem doing the horrorcore shit over dre beats is gangsta!!!!! thats how em gets greasy on niggas, he doesnt talk that thug shit, he talks that killer shit!!!!!!!

accent, whatever, he bodied the entire album tip to tip!!!!! crazy bars, super human breath control, impossible pockets, optimum clarity... there are those that will tell you eminem iant saying anything on relapse, when the entire project is centered around his real life drug problems... haters gotta wake up!!!!!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
01-24-2010, 11:04 AM
strange, I liked My Darling and Careful What You Wish For more than anything other on the album [both Eminem beats]...altho Em's comparing Encore to Illmatic, that's a fucked up line, even he knows that isn't true.

But I have to agree, Dre's beats = great, almost every beat is a banger at least
but Eminem ruins some of the beats... he is saying less and less things in his raps, and just repeating himself. I'm pretty sure My Mom would've been one of my fav. songs if it wasn't so bland lyrically. Yeah, Em had a dope flow, the best flow in the biz right now actually, and I can listen to his 'new' delivery without a problem [even tho I don't know why is he using it actually]
...but I was really dissappointed with the lyrics.

Em used to have dope punchlines all over the place, but a lot of shit now is just corny, like that 'Beautiful' song

oDoUoSoKo
01-24-2010, 11:09 AM
they werent bad beats at all.

Mcthuggin99
01-24-2010, 11:50 AM
beats were good but em fucked it up with the voice.

who told him that was cool?

cap
01-24-2010, 01:13 PM
i dunno, i normally dont see dre's beats for Em as actual dre beats because he changes his production style so drastically for em. thats why i would prefer an entire dre produced album for 50 or game for the production.

11th Chamber
01-24-2010, 01:13 PM
I guess Wu-corp impacted my life more than I want it too.

I literally had a dream last night where I was working in an office building (????) and Dre was there (???) and I was asking him his favorite beat off that album.....

jus felt id share that random shit with everyone

Frank Sobotka
01-24-2010, 01:42 PM
beats were good but em fucked it up with the voice.

who told him that was cool?

the drug addiction is my guess

cap
01-24-2010, 01:54 PM
I guess Wu-corp impacted my life more than I want it too.

I literally had a dream last night where I was working in an office building (????) and Dre was there (???) and I was asking him his favorite beat off that album.....

jus felt id share that random shit with everyone

hahaha crazy. yeah dreams can be random as fuck lol.

angry!
01-24-2010, 02:42 PM
dre and em know how to cut vocals...

dres not the kind of producer to hand you a beat and leave...

hes gonna sit in through the recording process, and give direction when needed!!!!!!

hes always been big on the voice... most producers are... a lot of collaborators pay respect to dre for showing them certain studio tricks and improving their recording habbits!!!!!

dre as a rapper always has a strong delivery, he might not be the most capable writer but he does know how an emcee should sound!!!!!!!

the alliteration, crispness, and clarity of eminems vocals on relapse make it one of the more memorable mic assassination records in years!!!!!!

hes always played with his voice a lot as a emcee, from infinite to eminem show to relapse... the voice more times than not is playin into the rhyme scheme creating impossible syllable linkage!!!!!!

some of ems old shit reminded me of early nas delivery wise, eminem show era had a heavy pac influence, relapse though... thats some original em shit!!!!!!

hes blacking out just about every verse, the bars are long, everything inside it rhymes, and hes finding pockets that shouldnt exist!!!!! pick a verse, chances are he killed it!!!!!!!

not to mention the vocal quality of his hooks are better than ever!!!! "deja vu" has a hook most rappers couldnt think of delivering without a guest appearence!!!!!!!

hes not rapping for the kids on this shit, hes doing for those that remember him hitting the scene on some super lyrical dark shit!!!!!!!!

"all my westside bitches throw it up...

put a baloon inside ya pussy, queef, and blow it up"

medicine ball is one of the hardest tracks slims ever recorded sonny!!!!!! that tracks in the same vein as big puns "dream shatterer" or biggies "long kiss goodnight", a battle rap aimed at anyone thinkin of makin a move!!!!!!

motherfucker raps a verse as christopher reeves.... the plug ins and vocal effects on relapse are next level dre and shady.... fuck a hater!!!!!!!

BGS
01-24-2010, 04:18 PM
hmmm after i read angrys post i think i might have to check out that album...

main_man
01-24-2010, 10:55 PM
im with you angry.
this record really showed me slim shady is a microphone master. he changes his flow (successfully) on just about every song on this album.

and the whole album is eminem making fun of himself and his career. i guess since his flow is so on point on this album, i never really minded the accents. one of the best things about em since he started was that he was a hardcore rhymer with a sense of humor.

not THE best album of 2009, but in the top 10 no question.

YungSunny
01-25-2010, 06:53 AM
crack a bottle, we made you, and 3 am were wack.

angry!
01-25-2010, 10:31 AM
hmmm after i read angrys post i think i might have to check out that album...

when an albums laced by the good doctor it should be a no brainer homie!!!!!! you owe yourself a listen as a hip hop head!!!!!

im with you angry.
this record really showed me slim shady is a microphone master. he changes his flow (successfully) on just about every song on this album.

and the whole album is eminem making fun of himself and his career. i guess since his flow is so on point on this album, i never really minded the accents. one of the best things about em since he started was that he was a hardcore rhymer with a sense of humor.

not THE best album of 2009, but in the top 10 no question.

you brought up another point i wanted to hit on here homie...

i dont understand how someone can say em isnt saying anything on relapse... in reality the listener learns whats hes been through the past few years off one listen!!!!!!

when em was blacking out on wake up show freestyles there wasnt anyone crying about his lack of emotional content!!!!! hes given more of himself in his music than most, relapse is an emcee album and he still putting chunks of his life inside the tracks!!!!!

this album took me back to ems show and prove days, the main objective is killing the track, everything else came secondary!!!!!

this album isnt for the fans that started checkin for em when 8 mile came out, its for those that remember what he was doing before signing with dre!!!!!!!!!

if you havent heard it, quit finding excuses not to and check it out already!!!!!!