PDA

View Full Version : Motivation (the EXTREME version)

Visionz
01-24-2010, 04:08 AM
An observation:

The guys that started McD's didn't say to themselves "Wouldn't it be great if we could be what gives children type II diabetes all over this muthafucka!!!" But they did want to get paid and paid a lot and they figured out how.

At the essence of it all, it really is the American dream actualized. They in about 30-40 years transformed themselves from a single location to a global icon.

Now no doubt, if you provide the model for getting fuckin paid in america other are going to follow suit and seventy years later we got a fast food joint on just about every corner in the country.

With the typically low-nutrient, calories-loaded, crazy ass amounts of preservatives in the food and the steady supply of customers we shouldn't be surprised to see so many fat people out there.

Now I'm not even writing this to talk about fast food but I just wanted to put things in perspective before I asked this question........

With an annual budget of atleast $250 billion spent on defense by the US government should we be the least bit surprised that we have been partaking in war in one shape or another for about 60+ years straight?

Visionz
01-26-2010, 04:05 PM
:lmao: no one, really?

Olive Oil Goombah
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM
No, its not surprising at all. if you build them your going to want to use them.

Its precisely what Eisenhower warned in his farewell adress in 1960.

Thats why its not 'the devil' its not any of this other bullshit.

Its human nature to want more and more. Doesnt matter if its money, food, power etc.

Its not an 'American' thing either.

Uncle Steezo
01-29-2010, 05:45 AM
no.
no organism in nature takes more than what it needs or what is needed to maintain homeostasis.
to say greed is human nature, is to say that by nature, humans are out of balance with nature.
greed is not a human behavior. its inhuman. and we see the results of it today.

war. suffering. indifference.
these things are never good for a species survival.

Visionz
02-01-2010, 10:57 PM
no.
no organism in nature takes more than what it needs or what is needed to maintain homeostasis.
to say greed is human nature, is to say that by nature, humans are out of balance with nature.
greed is not a human behavior. its inhuman. and we see the results of it today.

war. suffering. indifference.
these things are never good for a species survival.
indeed, its my guess though that until the spending on defense changes the war will always be there.

The effects of that spending aren't all negative.

The Internet, CDMA cell phones, GPS...etc all defense-related concoctions. Taking that technological development though and going straight to the civilian side of things could (atleast in my own mind) make the need for war unneccessary.

If you put $250 billion a year into developing a high-conversion solar cell, how long would it take for one to be made? Hell, they might have them now but we'll have to wait the standard 50 years to find out about 'em.

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2010, 12:00 AM
I think in the next 4 years we will have a revolution of that shit.....Im thinking long and hard over it.

Visionz
02-02-2010, 12:17 AM
I think in the next 4 years we will have a revolution of that shit.....Im thinking long and hard over it.
any idea on what the best conversion cells commercially available are converting at? I wanna say it's around 8% but I wouldn't put money on it. I just know that if they got anywhere near half then you're basically solving the energy question forever.

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2010, 12:46 AM
I remember solving that same equation, therefore I cant say since my future could be dependent on it. It really dependent on dynaminc meteorology and climatology. There are some areas of of the globe that the solar constant is more than 2kw/m^2 and could benefit from it.

Visionz
02-02-2010, 12:53 AM
I remember solving that same equation, therefore I cant say since my future could be dependent on it. It really dependent on dynaminc meteorology and climatology. There are some areas of of the globe that the solar constant is more than 2kw/m^2 and could benefit from it.
so we're talking about that much energy at a given moment right and not over a certain length of time?

I don't pay that much attention to my electric bill. What's the average consumption in kw's for a typical family in a month?

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2010, 01:01 AM
IDK, In Canada we are the highest in KW/h in the world based on our climate. population density (urban), and standard of living, etc. So right now I am concerned with those demands.
For Earths average KW/s from the sun its 1370 w/m^2.

Visionz
02-02-2010, 01:19 AM
IDK, In Canada we are the highest in KW/h in the world based on our climate. population density (urban), and standard of living, etc. So right now I am concerned with those demands.
For Earths average KW/s from the sun its 1370 w/m^2.

its an area I know very little about when it comes to specifics,

so say with this average of 1370, this is stating watts per square meter, correct? If so, does this mean that if you converted a meters worth of sunlight at 100% for a straight hour you'd have way more that 1370 watts stored? I imagine it would but like I said I know next to nothing about it.

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2010, 11:10 AM
Damn.....hahaha I dont remember posting any of that....I must have been really drunk last night.

Prolifical ENG
02-02-2010, 11:52 AM
its an area I know very little about when it comes to specifics,

so say with this average of 1370, this is stating watts per square meter, correct? If so, does this mean that if you converted a meters worth of sunlight at 100% for a straight hour you'd have way more that 1370 watts stored? I imagine it would but like I said I know next to nothing about it.

Damn, what was I babbling about....1370 is the amount of energy that we receive at the top of the atmosphere. The amount that reaches the surface is average 240. That is averaging clouds, seasons and the solar zenith angle (angle of the sun throughout the day and time of year).

You need to live in lower latitudes to benefit more to get some actual storage and have some good sunlight at noon.

The problem is even with the most efficient solar panels and how much they cost, they lose their efficiency though time. The best panels are also made from new materials. Therefore to use lots of panels, there needs to be a clear recycling process.

Aesop Chi Odi
02-02-2010, 02:17 PM
}With an annual budget of atleast $250 billion spent on defense by the US government should we be the least bit surprised that we have been partaking in war in one shape or another for about 60+ years straight?{

Iím not surprised. Iím surprised that as supposed critical thinkers we arenít discussing the facts. It spends 250 billion on defense when there is no threat. If it really wanted the budgetís name to be a reflection of its ultimate application US would call it the Offense Budget or maybe the Occupying and Oppressive Technologies Budget.

What would be surprising is if it werenít at war. If you study its history you would find that war is just as integral to its politcoeconomic structure as non-polluted water is to the health and well being of us all. Its whole existence is war. That it has made war a business in capitalism and a very profitable one at that further complicates it self and the lives of others.

When you invest 250 billion dollars you can bet that it is no accident and would not be spent in any other way if given the opportunity to reconsider.

These weapons manufactures arenít in the industry for the betterment of us all. The weapons are created to kill and the monies offered in exchange is an incentive equal to the occasion and without doubt throws the ethics of it all out the door.