Big nas.

peace be with you !

11th Chamber
01-25-2010, 08:55 AM
the most under-appreciated track on Illmatic

Shits amazing, yet half the other tracks on the album get praised more

fatboybrandon
01-25-2010, 09:10 AM
Yeah, this is one of my favorites too from Illmatic, real vivid images of the ghetto written by Nas over dope Premier production, who kills it on the scratch chorus too.

That jazz loop he took to make the song is so addictive & mellow, it puts me in the mood of wanting to sit in the park, like the song's subtitle. from Premo to Pete, Large & LES, this was an album of loop mastery in hip hop

5010XvQjJvU

I like the album version of Memory Lane waaaay better than that demo version that's floating around which is much darker and edgy

zooruka
01-26-2010, 12:26 AM
good to see headz appreciating.

peace be with you !

Marlo Stanfield
01-26-2010, 12:49 AM
definitely one of my favorite nas joints

crds
01-26-2010, 06:56 AM
Yeah, this is one of my favorites too from Illmatic, real vivid images of the ghetto written by Nas over dope Premier production, who kills it on the scratch chorus too.

That jazz loop he took to make the song is so addictive & mellow, it puts me in the mood of wanting to sit in the park, like the song's subtitle. from Premo to Pete, Large & LES, this was an album of loop mastery in hip hop

5010XvQjJvU

I like the album version of Memory Lane waaaay better than that demo version that's floating around which is much darker and edgy

No doubt, but don't count out Q-Tip.